Trinity RPG - New Psionic Aptitudes???

M’ryw "Ed"

Spiritism.

Upon death the psionic energy of the living being slowly dissolves into the noetic flow to once again become part of the greater whole, and maybe reincarnate into flesh again later. Spiritism learns how to connect to the fragments of former lives, communicate with them, gain knowledge from them and possibly make them manifest physical form.

Communication: Soul fragments (for lack of a more scientific term, I'm not feeling inspired today) may remember things they learned in life, and things they have witnessed during their time after life. Since strong-willed people might "survive" quite a long time as a soul fragment before being dissolved, I figure that historians will have a great time talking to the ancient dead and learning what really happened. This might be the reason why there isn't an order of Spiritists, because Aeon figured out that they could learn the truth about the Nova age and the cover-up... or some such.

Channeling: A psion may catch a soul fragment in his own body and take advantage of its abilities temporarily. At high levels the nova might even wrench psionic energy from the dissolving fragment, finally putting the spirit to "rest" while gaining temporary psi points for the effort.

Manifesting: Exactly what it sounds like. The psion allows a soul fragment to affect the material world. At level one it could communicate through sound, at level 2 it could become a visible ghostly figure, at level 3 it would be an intangible but lifelike vision, at level 4 it would be semi-tangible and capable of independent actions and speech. Level 5 would allow for complete physical manifestation for brief periods of time.

• 4 weeks later...

I always thought it was odd that Electrokinetics don't have any modes that deal directly with electricity. They have one that controls machines, they have one for light, and they have one to control biologicals ... but how do you charge a sword with electricity or throw lightning bolts? Both have actually come up in campaigns my friend has run. Poor him ... his EK is a physics major.

Archived