Trinity RPG - News about TV from the developer

CHILL

here we go.  Bruce has posted this on the WW forum.  Final information about TV.  Not what we all expected, but some of us did.....

"This is Rumour Control. :) I'm posting this to the Trinity mailing list and the Trinity Universe forum.

Arthaus will be putting Terra Verde up for sale as a PDF, as they've done with Witches & Pagans. No, I don't yet know what the price will be - somewhere in the $8-10 range, I presume. It's getting the usual last-minute tinkering, and I may or may not get advance notice of it going up; I will let you folks know if I hear such notice and/or see it up myself, and if anyone else spots it at http://www.white-wolf.com/Home.html , feel free to let us know.

"

So there you have it - Credit Cards at the ready people :)

It does indeed suck. I'll buy it, but then I'm gonna print it out, copy it at Kinko's, and hand it out to people on the street.

I have to admit I'll be happy to have the info in any format; ditto asia Ascendant, which I'll bet comes out the same way.

What a wonderful ida.  Print out copies and hand them out free to those who may have purchased it, therefore, lowering the sales.  Lowering the sales would then prompt WW to not release AA at all, since they would make no money at it.

I know you were probably only joking, but realize that it was either PDF or nothing.

AA is written, it only needs edited and layed out.  They will only do this based on sales of TV.  I hate the fact that it isn't ging to be a tangible book as well, but I'd rather have an electronic copy than nothing.

I see it not as a snubbing of Aeonverse fans purposely, but the result of two things...

1. White Wolf has gotten too big.  Gone are the days of crude desktop publishing by a bunch of people who wanted to create a story-driven game that the "big boys" weren't making at the time.  Now they are one of the big boys and the shoe is on the other foot.

While the product looks better (and generally is better all around), WW has a high expecation of sales.  Much higher than a vast majority of the publishers out there (save the "Big Five" publishers/licensers).  Unfortunately us fans of the non-cash cows are left out in the cold.

2. Arthaus is a failure.  I don't know if the concept or process was flawed, or if it was mismanagement, but Arthaus has failed miserably.  I suspect management issues here - how can they sell out Aurora Australis and still not make a profit on the book?  How can a good deal of Mage: SC and Changling books sell out and they are reduced to selling ebooks?  Truly either the whole thing was either futile from the start or whoever runs Arthaus has a lot to answer for.

The result of all this for me has been...

1. I have become an even more die-hard fan (if that is possible) of the Continuum.  Anything they put out I will buy.  Since its come right down to us the fans to keep sales alive in order to get AsAs to our doors after TeVe.

2. Backing off from other WW games.  I have no urge to support the cashcow games from WW.  I may buy Exalted, only because it is closer to Aeon than WoD (I mean the system is almost the same and it shares a very Cinematic feel). This all may change... but right now I am not interested in any of the other RPGs.

Hey Prophet: Welcome to the EON Forums

Glad to have you aboard :)

You raised an interesting point (yes Mal, you did as well!) about becomming more of a die hard Aeon fan since the recent events at the Wolf / Arthaus.

Funny really, I started redesigning Europnet and adding things like the Trinity A-Z Players guide as a result of wanting to do more for the games......

With the e-books on the cards, I'm becomming even more (which was barely possible in the first place) of a die hard Aeon fan.......both running games / running this web site / taking part in online forums (ive noticed my own post count on the WW forums has jumped)....

Anyways, a bit of shameless plugging here for a second.

Check out the category called 'Project 6' under Europnet Web Site on this forum to give you an idea of what we are planning for this website....

LONG LIVE AEON ON THE (OP)NET!

**laughs at self**

:Alient

Actually Senior Mal, I have the sinking suspection there were no profits to funnel back into anything.

Nothing shows up financial management difficulties like low cashflow.  While Vampire and Werewolf are great sellers, any monetary waste is drowned out by the bucks flowing into the company.  Such is not the case with Arthaus...WW is not willing to prop up an imprint that isn't mega-profitable to start with.

It would be interesting to see the books of White Wolf.  Keep in mind that often great game designers are often lousy businessmen.  And vise versa...

Not trying to sling mud here, but I still am shaking my head on how Arthaus couldn't succeed with the success of so many Changling, Mage:SC and Trinity books...  after all they had the entire fan bases supporting them and most of the books sold out (some even before they hit the stores).

Oh Well, I have Terra Verde and Bruce has said he will get Asia Ascendant is some form.  So I am content.

• 4 weeks later...

I would give a lot too if I could see the books. I want to see AsAs more than any other book WW could come up with but I doubt it.

At this point I haven't bought any of the new stuff for WtA since Rage Across Egypt and I was disappointed with that too. The only WW thing I've bought that I've been happy with is TV but it would cost me about $50 to get a physical copy. (I've no printer, and the print shops in my area are horribly over priced). I probably won't be buying any of the WW cash cow books due to my displeasure with how they are treating Aeon.

No Sheep

Actually Sheep, you put words to my 'unspoken' thoughts.

I'd kinda not bothered buying other books for reasons I couldn't quite put my finger on - and it was staring me in the face all along - I'm overly chuffed with how the Aeon games have been treated either - but I'll still dip my hat to the authors / artists and especially Bates & Baugh.

Hey - Bates & Baugh really sounds like a law firm or something eh?  :D

Archived