Trinity RPG - Freespace2 based Story

Umoja

I've always wondered what Trinity would be like if you mixed it with Freespace2, and I've come up with what I think is a good idea.  

Since Freespace2 involves a Portal connecting different parts of the Galaxy, I thought maybe this would add a really Freaky element to Trinity.  I couldn't think of the Story time-frame but could imagine it taking place around Far Nyumba.  Scientist discover a type of Device, that is similar to the one in the Zeyph installation except it is large enough for ships to travel thorough.  It seems to have recently let out power pulses likely due to the things in the Zeyph installation being activated.  

In a nutshell this portal leads into a Nebula, so far away that no Clear can even get a good idea of how large the Nebula even is but their is something violent out their... and it seems to be heading to leave the portal.  To make things more dramatic, at the time Far Nyumba's population has increased drastically due to scientific community being quite large their, meaning a full scale abandonment could take years.  

Anyone able to salvage any use from my ramblings?

Yeah actually Umoja.

When I first read about the Zep technology in the back of my mind I had an idea about them also having left an 'installation sized' device of some kind......

I toyed with the idea of having a recon crew (eg my long suffering players) do the investigative work (go through it).....

great minds think alike eh?

Archived