Aberrant RPG - Garou Nova Crossover question

Asche

How would many of you veteran Storytellers out there work out this situation. A Garou and a Nova go toe-toe (err, umm, Claw and fang to Quantum bolt) and the Garou uses the gift "Paws of the Newborn Cub" on the Nova. As I understand the gift, it negates all "supernatural" powers. Would you have it negate the Quantum Powers and make the Nova what they were before they erupted?

As I run a rather involved Crossover game, It is just a matter of time before this happens in game and I wanted to prepare for it. I am leaning toward NOT making "Paws" rape the Nova of Mega attributes but rather merely the negating of Quantum. eek

Sadly am I the only one who, when seeing scary redundant crossovers like this, want to make a thread called "Why I don't most on the N! Prime Forum?"

Actually I like WoD, I like it a lot. Aberant is an interesting game. Putting the two together seems to be interesting but flawed. I mean, even in Werewolf the religious fanaticism was at least somewhat overzealous and out of place.

How are you running the crossover exactly?

If I come off as rude, forgive me. A friend of mine basically is a Werewolf geek and inevitably splices anything he can with the game, wraith, Mage, Adventure, you name it (Adventure isn't that bad in all honesty with a cult of werewolves). I've just seen it done to a ridiculous lengths just so someone can always play their honorable Hippie war monstrositron. Me and some people in my Larp were just talking about this yesterday...Why Werewolf?. Bah. Damn it. I may well be a purist.

I digress.

How are you running it?..I'm just curious as now due to the amount of attention I've given it the evil gears are turning in my own head as well.

-Menagerie

(Against the Werewolves having Nodes)

{forgive the length of this post}

I too am against Garou or any of the changing breeds having Nodes. It simply will not happen in my game. I saw it on some ones website where they discussed the fact that Garou cannot erupt. It was stated thatnit was actually a protection placed there by Gaia. Imagine how much damage a "normal" frenzied Garou can do, and its not always a good thing for the surrounding witnesses (freinds, packmates, etc..) or the environment(trees, walls, etc...) Now imagine the frenzied Garou with Mega Strength 4, Mega dex 3, Mega stamina 4, and a few more things to make a horrifying situation even worse.

I am running a rather detailed world with many crossover "potential." One of the players keeps telling me that I am "of the Weaver" and a minion of the Technocracy. But anyhow, my game started as a Black Ops campaign with GURPS rules. In that system, they describe these ultra trained human agents of 750+ points.(the normal, non adventurer human is around 30-50 points with most of the adventurer types of normal games being around 100 points)

Back to my story. It evolved into the agents hunting beasties ans nasties and such which led me to introduce them to the WoD and the Garou, Kindred, Mage and the like. It was tremendously loved. Then players wanted to be one of the nasties which led me to looking deeper into the WoD and its brethren. I am thus here now.

My game still evolves around the Black Ops and "The Company" but more has evolved. You see, this Company is more or less being led by an Alien Humanoid from the far future who believes he and his species has a common ancestor here on earth. This ancestral bloodline was poisoned by his enemies and is slowly dieing off. he came back to protect it, the bloodline that is. He was the one that "arranged" the galitea eaccident because he knew that the energies within would awaken the genetics of his precious bloodline while not really doing much to the rest of the world. (non-canonical).

He also aranged many events that the denizens of the WoD call history in order to prolong his bloodline.

So in short,haha, IN my WoD one can run into a Technocrat while hunting Kindred in the city of Addis Ababa. Novas are very rare, perhaps only 5000 or so worldwide. I really haven't decided yet. And it is just a matter of time before My Garou Silver Fang PC starts in against Project Utopia. It oughta be fun.

Is taint Wyrm derived? I am afraid I am not too up on my Werewolf rules. Is there a resistance roll to this "Gift"?

You could run it like the Disrupt Power in Aberrant.

Gnosis vs. Quantum

Also, wouldn't the use of Quantum Powers weaken the Weave? Would that make novas unwitting allies of the Changing Breeds?

i'd actually keep the gnossis and quantum seperate entities. just to keep your world tidy.

honestly let the spirit crap drop all together. it's not worth the headache. trust me i tried this particular crossover and figured it's best to let the whole supernatural aspect fit more inline with monsters and mayhem than kindred and garou.

But dropping the spirit crap altogether would upset my garou/were beastie gamers. And it is all crap btw, Spirits helping 'semi' intelligent animals HA! (j/k?) The spirits are the only thing that kinda balance the story out that I'm running. What without them, I would have to make up some silly new rules to explain the powers of the changing breeds.

And yes, by my story so far, the Novas use of Quantum can weaken the Weave. Makes for an interesting Story.

Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something."

-- Plato

ummm.... why give the werewolves any powers at all? keep it simple.... claws, fangs, bad temper, and a prodigous healing ability. make them invulnerable to damage except from silver and there you go.

keep them slightly left of center from the mainstream Nova world. much like the vertigo line of comics and it shouldn't have to much impact on the game.

PS: read some of the conversions on the main page for these types of games. they work well.

Archived