Mutants & Masterminds: Galactic League - Episode Three: Unity

Krul

It took a while, several hours in fact, but fortunately they had overturned enough plans in the last day that their opponents had withdrawn to consider options. In due time, however, all of the envoys had been transported aboard the Scheherazade, and a chamber set aside for diplomatic talks. It did make things a bit cramped aboard, in that the ship was more or less filled to capacity, with more then a 100 folks besides the crew, but it was very well protected.

After checking over both Jason and Chance, Amanda had taken Sapphire aside for a quiet discussion, Chance was fine, but Jason's mental state would require considerable care or there was a high chance he'd lose it mentally, he would need the care of a telepathic healer for sometime, which meant they would either need to take him to the Ruby Heart Elan Enclave, or Sapphire would need to stay with him for some time.

However, for now, the Captain and crew had time to get some rest, relax a bit, and prepare for the next crisis or matter requiring their attention. The Threat of the Legion remained, as did the Emerald Ships, and the remaining AI spy, but the crew needed a moment to recuperate, and based on Zade's Analysis, they had at least 24 hours before things would require their immediate attention once more.

Namiah took a moment to splash some water on her face. She had meant it to be only a moment, but she found herself leaning against the wall. What she had done, the image that she had projected, had taken a lot of energy. And walking into the combat had been an incredibly instinctive maneuver. Only now did she realize - no, only now was her rational mind screaming about how stupid that had been, about how she could have died.

"Pull it together," she whispered, straightening to look at herself in the mirror. "You have work to do."

She dried her face and changed into another set of robes. Then she left the room and walked to the detainment area. The men being held there - Cpt. Keir and his men - looked up at her expectantly.

"Cpt. Keir?" she called at the door. "Do you have time to speak with me?"

Sapphire lay on her bed, which she used more for recreation than rest, with Jason, hands around his chest and spooned closely to his back. She was reaching out with her delicate, psychic touch, massaging the security chief's mental scars when she released a soft sigh, tickling the fine hairs on the nape of Jason's neck.

"I wish I there was more I can do for you, Jason," she murmured throatily, lips pressed to his shoulder. "But I may be called away on League business at any moment and with your condition, you need regular, constant attention." He could feel her lips turn up in a wide smile as an idea came to her. "And I know exactly who can give you the care you need."

Sapphire sat up smoothly, cerulean sparkles appearing on her opalescent skin, coalescing into a gossamer dress of azure silk that didn't conceal the outline of her flawless curves. She gave Jason a slap on the ass, encouraging to get up. "You may wish to get dressed, you want to make a good impression on the one I am calling." Sapphire gave Jason a lazy once-over, arching a perfect, blue eyebrow, lips curving in a small smirk. "You may be better off staying... raw." Her chuckle was a sultry caress, almost tangible.

Leaving Jason to get dressed (or not), Sapphire closed her eyes and reached out, her Mind's Eye flowing among the stars as she called to the Ruby Heart Enclave and a former lover (or lovers, depending on how one looked at it).

Layel remained at his station on the bridge, but he was using the Security Chief's code to investigate the state, quality and readiness of the local defense forces. After all, the Emerald military was known for unwavering loyalty to the Empress, and would most likely brush off the evidence of the Legion as tricks and lies.

In any case, he expected more fighting to come, unfortunately, before this situation would get settled. The Scheherazade had a great deal of power, along with its crew, but it couldn't take on an entire fleet by itself.

So a good deal would lie upon the shoulders of the local grunts, and it would be important to know what they could do.

Originally Posted By: Namiah Daylan
Namiah took a moment to splash some water on her face. She had meant it to be only a moment, but she found herself leaning against the wall. What she had done, the image that she had projected, had taken a lot of energy. And walking into the combat had been an incredibly instinctive maneuver. Only now did she realize - no, only now was her rational mind screaming about how stupid that had been, about how she could have died.

"Pull it together," she whispered, straightening to look at herself in the mirror. "You have work to do."

She dried her face and changed into another set of robes. Then she left the room and walked to the detainment area. The men being held there - Cpt. Keir and his men - looked up at her expectantly.

"Cpt. Keir?" she called at the door. "Do you have time to speak with me?"

When Namiah showed up to speak with the prisoners, mostly willing prisoners at that, each of them in a different cell, with an energized field keeping them inside, though all were in speaking distance of one another. Scheherazade’s holding cells were extremely tough, and naturally nullified all kinds of capabilities for those who were inside.

The Captain stepped forward and gave Namiah a deep bow. “I am at your service, Lady, and please, there is no need to be formal, unless it’s necessary for protocol, please, call me Tam.”

Originally Posted By: Kaien
Kaien filed his current report and left word that he was going on a stellar patrol. He wasn't one to sit idle in a combat zone. He reappeared outside the ship and set off, acting as an early warning threat response.

As Kaien began his patrol of the area, Kat also did a scan of the area from the bridge, as Layle did his check on the local forces. During the patrol, Kat interrupted the Kaien with a bit of information. “Commander, it appears that some of the Empire Ships are carriers, at an estimate, they can put close to a thousand star fighters into any future battles, in that case, our Ship’s Avatar tells me that your going to be one of our most effective fighters against them, sense if it comes to a battle, the Ship’s going to be fighting the enemy battleships.”

Originally Posted By: Sapphire Rose
Sapphire lay on her bed, which she used more for recreation than rest, with Jason, hands around his chest and spooned closely to his back. She was reaching out with her delicate, psychic touch, massaging the security chief's mental scars when she released a soft sigh, tickling the fine hairs on the nape of Jason's neck.

"I wish I there was more I can do for you, Jason," she murmured throatily, lips pressed to his shoulder. "But I may be called away on League business at any moment and with your condition, you need regular, constant attention." He could feel her lips turn up in a wide smile as an idea came to her. "And I know exactly who can give you the care you need."

Sapphire sat up smoothly, cerulean sparkles appearing on her opalescent skin, coalescing into a gossamer dress of azure silk that didn't conceal the outline of her flawless curves. She gave Jason a slap on the ass, encouraging to get up. "You may wish to get dressed, you want to make a good impression on the one I am calling." Sapphire gave Jason a lazy once-over, arching a perfect, blue eyebrow, lips curving in a small smirk. "You may be better off staying... raw." Her chuckle was a sultry caress, almost tangible.

Leaving Jason to get dressed (or not), Sapphire closed her eyes and reached out, her Mind's Eye flowing among the stars as she called to the Ruby Heart Enclave and a former lover (or lovers, depending on how one looked at it).

Jason looked at his rescuer, the woman who had saved his sanity, and with help from the others aboard this ship, his soul with a level of trust that was almost disconcerting. He stood up and looked at her with a touch of confusion, but went to put on a pair of pants, as she suggested.

Originally Posted By: Layel Haete
Layel remained at his station on the bridge, but he was using the Security Chief's code to investigate the state, quality and readiness of the local defense forces. After all, the Emerald military was known for unwavering loyalty to the Empress, and would most likely brush off the evidence of the Legion as tricks and lies.

In any case, he expected more fighting to come, unfortunately, before this situation would get settled. The Scheherazade had a great deal of power, along with its crew, but it couldn't take on an entire fleet by itself.

So a good deal would lie upon the shoulders of the local grunts, and it would be important to know what they could do.

Local forces included the Orbital defenses of Shangra-La, which were all fairly good, but as fixed defenses, were more or less restricted to being able to do little beyond a certain range, and needed support to keep from being taken out by a concentrated kinetic assault. Fortunately, the base on the moon had a large number of fighters, and could field about 800 of them, and they had about a dozen larger ships, though nothing close to Scheherazade’s class and capabilities.

"I'm afraid that this is a bit of protocol, Captain," she insisted. "We can continue to be civil, but I must interrogate you. If you would please come with me?"

Some of the delight in his eyes faded as he bowed again. Namiah turned and led him through the halls of the Scheherazade. They went past the normal interrogation rooms to a small office. The desk was made of steel and glass and looked both lovely and aloof. Namiah avoided that, turning to the long wooden bench along the side wall. She opened it and drew out two floor cushions. "Would you like to use the bench or the floor?"

Keir smiled. "That wasn't the first question I expected."

Namiah nodded, her expression untouched by the stresses of the day. "Under the circumstances, I thought some formality before your crew would be good, but it isn't necessary here, Tam. You may in turn call me Namiah. Floor or bench?"

"Bench, if you don't mind."

Namiah shook her head and closed the bench, arranging the pillows on top of it. "Something to drink?"

"Water, if you don't mind." Realizing that he was repeating himself, Tam flushed a little as he sat down. "Ah," he fumbled for a response as she gracefully poured two glasses of water and brought him one, "what did you want to ask, Namiah?" His voice took an edge of shyness when he said her name.

Namiah looked at him a little more closely, but didn't remark on his tone. Instead she sat on the cushion and drew her legs up, adjusting her robes. Her green eyes bore into him intently. "I need to know anything you know about the forces arrayed against these peace talks. Names of officials involved. Numbers. Logistics. Weaponry. Anything."

The ordeal Chance went through was still very present for her. She still was trying to cope with all the changes and even though she hadn't really suffered any damage the scarring of her soul could not be prevented. Only Sapphire's tender touch gave her some release and she thought without her she would've surely died.

The young witch was in her quarters working on a way to hide her huge batlike wings. She had to change her robe, add some new layers to make her appearance less frightening for the unassuming eye. Even though Sapphire had encouraged her to embrace her new self and enjoy it Chance struggled with tears. She was looking more and more like a demon and one day nothing of her would be left and no one would recognise the girl underneath.

She decided to meditate and find her centre before she would pick up her duties. She would have to apologize to the Captain for her failure, at least from her understanding of the protocols. With hesitant steps she found her way to the Captain's office, then she asked Zade to announce her presence to the Captain. She didn't want to interrupt any possible discussion or briefings she may have.

Namiah straightened, moving away from Tam as Zade said, "Captain, Ensign Chance would like to see you."

Namiah glanced at Tam who said, "I can wait."

"I'm sure you can," she said with a smile, "and I must ask you to wait a moment." She rose with a graceful smile as he cleared his throat and tried not to think about her green eyes or her grace.

Namiah stepped outside her office and closed the door firmly. She wasn't worried about Tam poking through her things; her personal effects were not sacrosanct and anything compromising was secured behind retinal scanners and thumb-print locks. "This is not a good time, Ensign," she said, keeping her tone gentle. "What can I do for you?"

Tam was as much looking at the lovely captain as he was actually listening to her, and when she asked her last question he started slightly, then smiled ruefully. "I fear I can not say much about numbers, logistics or weaponry, without betraying certain oaths I made..." He looked around a moment, then let his voice drop slightly. "Though, I'm not sure that you can't find other ways to get that information."

"In fact, technically I should give you nothing but name, rank and serial number, but I have made no oaths to that effect. However, I can give you some information about those behind the present plan, without breaking any oaths.. Admiral Shamus, Commodore Shaya, and High Magistrate Keltan...." He cut off as they were interrupted and she stepped out.

"I'm sorry Captain.", the young Ensign apologized slouching her shoulders forward making herself physically smaller in an obvious sign of submission.

"I didn't know... I just wanted to apologize for my failure... and I'm ready to face your punishment.", she was used to being punished for her mistakes and her obvious inability to deal with the resent demon encounter surely required punishment. Chance lowered her head awaiting the Captain's sentence hoping she wouldn't be directly expelled from the crew and sent back to her 'prison'.

The voice behind Captain Daylan was barely audible for her but she immediately realized she was on the verge of making yet another mistake. Had she only known that the Captain was busy with something else she would've waited.

Sapphire reached across the vastness of the stars with her mind and felt a reply, a mind with an echoing quality that she remembered with fondness. Using images and emotions more than words, Sapphire made her needs known - along with her lingering fondness - and into her awareness came a confirmation and a glowing location indicating the Enclave. There was a mutual mental caress, then Sapphire broke contact with a reminiscing smile.

Sapphire glided to Jason's side, running a hand up his chest. "It's arranged, Jason. I know a wonderful person from the Ruby Heart Enclave - Garnet Gemini - who take care of you while the League and I help this fledgling alliance repel the Emerald Empress." Her soft caress trailed up to his shoulder, then down his arm until she was holding his hand in her slender fingers. "Ready to go?"

Jason felt his heart beating rapidly, but he didn't doubt the azure-tressed beauty's intentions - how could he? He squeezed her hand in thanks and nodded. "I'm ready."

Once again, they dissolved into pure thought, reforming amidst a garden of pastel foliage, that managed to be both wild, yet lovingly tended. The sky was painted in rose and gold and orange, an eternal dawn, though Jason saw no sun. Like all Elan Enclaves, the Ruby Heart Enclave was subtly hidden - the lovely sky he saw wasn't necessarily sky at all. The Enclave could have been anywhere in the galaxy.

Standing before them was a beautiful couple, twins, male and female, with creamy skin and vibrant, scarlet hair. The man stood slightly taller than his sister, his physique broad compared to her svelte elegance. They stood with the same languid posture, identical welcoming smiles gracing their lips.

"Please, be welcome Jason..." the man began in a resonant baritone.

"...We are willing to do anything to help someone Sapphire Rose vouches for," the woman continued in a mellifluous alto.

"Um, yes, thank-you," Jason said with just a trace of trepidation. "If you don't mind me asking, which one of you is Garnet Gemini?"

The three Elans shared an amused, teasing smile before the red-heads said in perfect unison, "We are."

"They are," Sapphire reiterated again in her throaty, seductive voice as she swayed towards her former lover, giving both Garnet's male and female lips a kiss that was anything but chaste.

Originally Posted By: [Chance
]"I'm sorry Captain.", the young Ensign apologized slouching her shoulders forward making herself physically smaller in an obvious sign of submission.

"I didn't know... I just wanted to apologize for my failure... and I'm ready to face your punishment."

"My..." Namiah cut off anything more, staring at the young woman. Sapphire had warned her about the physical changes to Chance, so she was hiding her dismay and sorrow well. But she also knew what was really happening here - Chance didn't value herself enough to know when to apologize and when to learn.

"I do not punish my crew for making mistakes," Namiah told her firmly. "Others may have done that to you, but I find it inhumane. Everyone fails. Everyone. The only 'punishment'," and the quotes were clear in her voice, "I have for you is the hardest thing I can ask of you: admit your shortcomings and learn from them. Do you understand?"

Chance nodded, then blurted, "Did you?"

"Did I...? Oh, did I fail?" Namiah laughed at the question, a chortle of surprise. "I said everyone, Chance. Including me. Especially me. Did you need anything else?"

Chance didn't believe her ears. With eyes wide open she stared at her Captain unable to find the right words. Then she started nodding erratically, "Of course... I mean... I shall. I'm so sorry for being this inexperienced... I wish I had more time to...", but then she realized the Captain was actually in the middle of something.

With a quick curtsey she apologized once again and then offered her help in return, "I thank you so much, Captain. I shall return to my quarters and meditate unless my presence is somewhere else required?", she had no idea what was being talked about or who was in the Captain's quarters but sometimes her presence alone could change the outcome of negotiations. As the young witch slowly relaxed Namiah could see the strange shifting of limbs(?) under Chance's elaborate robe. It was much bigger than it used to be and it was hardly possible to tell how Chance looked like underneath the black mass of cloth now, only her face was exposed framed by dark hair that fluidly meshed with the darkness and shadows of her hood.

While the Captain and Chance had their discussion about errors, self-control, and mistakes, Keir waited patiently for her to return, and the rest of the crew continued their various business.

Kaien's patrol took him closer to the ships laying in wait, but not really close enough to be noticed. Layle and Kat remained on the command deck, watching sensors and waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Sapphire reached the Ruby Heart enclave with Jason in but seconds, the beauty of the place was quite remarkable. The twins each returned her sensual kiss, as Jason looked on in a bit of confusion, and just a hint of jealousy, though that he tried to push down. For a moment, he wondered if his jealousy was normal, or an after affect of the possession, then he worried about it, before trying to push that thought away. "But..." He then shook it off, Sapphire had duties, and she had put him with folks she clearly trusted.

"Chance, don't apologize for being inexperienced," Namiah advised gently. "We all have started somewhere. It's not a black mark, but a deficit you should attempt to correct." She smiled to remove any sting from her words. "I don't think you're due on-duty, so you are free to do as you wish, Ensign."

She was about to apologize again but bit her tongue instead.

"Well... if you think I can be of any help I...", she glanced briefly passed her Captain but quickly lowered her head again in submission.

"If you don't require me I shall return to my quarters, Mis... Captain.", Chance sighed and felt completely out of tune. The Legion, the Demon, then Sapphire... somehow she hadn't expected things to get that complicated and excited at once so fast.

Thinking about the Demon filled her with dread, thinking about Sapphire ignited an unknown inner fire that she was still trying to figure out and standing right here awaiting punishment but instead receiving counsel was... confusing. It seemed she had to unlearn what she learned and completely start over...

"Enjoy being off-duty, Ensign," Namiah advised with a kind smile. "There will be times when we will not have much time to rest. Take the chance to eat and sleep and rest when you can." Her last bit of advice dispensed, Namiah stepped back into her room and let the door slide shut.

"Tam, thank you for waiting," Namiah said, crossing the room and retaking her seat gracefully. "You were telling me about certain persons..."

"Yes, I was about to tell you about Admiral Shamus, Commodore Shaya, and High Magistrate Keltan. Of the three of them, the Admiral and the High Magistrate are most interested in pushing this takeover through at any cost, but Shaya will go for it, without really questioning it, if she's ordered too." He paused a moment, then looked at Namiah directly.

"The thing is, at this point, I believe the Empress would be more interested in trade then in takeover. Not that she wouldn't have preferred to integrate this part of space into her empire, but, she wouldn't care to be this, antagonistic. If someone could draw her attention to the matter, I believe she would call them off, and they'd have to withdraw."

Namiah was silent for a moment, her green eyes soft as she considered what Tam had just told her. She shifted, sitting a little straighter - somehow - before stating, "I see. So they are pushing around the will of the Empress. Would they be punished if this information were to be brought to her? Are the perceived rewards good enough that they feel it is worth the risk? And what kind of power do these three underlings wield?"

"The empire is made up of over 5000 star systems, to make them easier to govern, she split then into 50 groups of 100 stars each, a region, and put a High Magistrate over them, with a regular Magistrate over each star system who answer to him or her. They must answer to 10 Grand Magistrates, who answer directly to the Empress. Grand Magistrate Teria is retiring, and she's directly over Keltan, Should Keltan manage to bring this group into the empire, he'd be prime candidate for possible promotion to Grand Magistrate. Should he do so, he'll likely get the Admiral promoted a much higher post, and the Commodore will likely get promoted to admiral." There was a hint of disgust in his voice as he spoke of this, politics was bad enough, but political corruption was more irritating.

"As to the Empress, she's got more then 5000 systems to keep track of, and she prefers to focus on the empire as a whole, not side systems like this, but this is a side system turning into a major power. Generally, she prefers a favorable diplomatic ties at this point, rather then a hostile takeover. If she discovers what's going on, and it's brought to her attention is the right manner, she's likely to remove them completely, and if they overstepped their bounds too far, publicly execute them to send a warning to other High Magistrates as to stepping too far out of bounds."

off-duty

Chance had no idea what to do with her time, except for meditation which wasn't exactly leisure time. The door shut and the young witch blinked several times before she set her body in motion.

But where to? For a moment she felt tempted to visit Sapphire since she's been the first one who showed her that she too could feel love and joy... and even lust.

Her feet carried her through the large vessel, seemingly aimless until she found herself standing next to Sapphire's quarters... and there she waited.

The immediate, obvious question was, So how do we contact the Emerald Empress? But Namiah reconsidered her question. Instead, she asked, “What would happen if it was brought to her in the wrong manner?” She’d find out later what the right or wrong way to go about it would be.

Namiah was also glad that Tam was being so forthcoming. She found herself warming up to the refugee. She wondered if he would be able to return to the service of the Empire if Namiah concluded this well enough.

Originally Posted By: Jason
Sapphire reached the Ruby Heart enclave with Jason in but seconds, the beauty of the place was quite remarkable. The twins each returned her sensual kiss, as Jason looked on in a bit of confusion, and just a hint of jealousy, though that he tried to push down. For a moment, he wondered if his jealousy was normal, or an after affect of the possession, then he worried about it, before trying to push that thought away. "But..." He then shook it off, Sapphire had duties, and she had put him with folks she clearly trusted.

Sapphire stepped back to him, laying a gentle hand on his chest as she stood up her toes and gave him deep kiss as well. "Worry not, Jason," the captivating Elan urged, her husky tones filled with so much empathy, Jason wasn't sure if she spoke them or impressed directly in his mind. Her long, warm fingers made his flesh tingle. "The Elans of the Ruby Heart have a particular skill with sundered spirits. If any can restore you, it is they, and Garnet is the most deft of the lot. I promise Jason, you won't be forgotten, nor will I be gone for long."

Her hand slid down his arm, giving his fingers a final squeeze of enticing support, then she stepped back, closing her eyes. In an instant, Sapphire dissolved into cerulean light, and quick as thought, returned to her quarters, which possessed their own curious blend of spartan elegance and luxurious decadence...

... To sense the aroused trepidation waiting at her chamber door. Sinful lips curved in a languorous, twilight eyes glowing with sympathetic delight, Sapphire glided to her door, crystalline heels chiming on the faux-marble floor. The door slid open with a soft hiss and Chance found herself staring at the unearthly beauty, deep azure tresses draping the creamy pale perfection of her flawless face and lavish curves.

The screaming of the Legion prevented the powerful Pasionicist from touching the winged witch's mind directly, but she could read her body language clearly. "Please, Chance, come in and be at ease. There are no judgments here," Sapphire promised, a graceful hand gesturing for her to enter.

Chance entered still not knowing why she was here. Her eyes couldn’t stop staring at Sapphire’s achingly beautiful face and she found herself peaking further down at Sapphire’s incredibly shaped body. The young witch was so confused she lost any sense of time or direction. Her mind was racing with thoughts she never had before and while she tried to remain focused (which she actually did to a certain degree) it took too much of her concentration to filter her thoughts from what she should say and thus she almost blurted at the heavenly Elan, „Iloveyou, Iwanttobewithyou...“

With widened eyes Chance froze in place, her mouth half agape as she swallowed hard in total disbelieve of what she just said.

„I’m so sorry... oh dear... I’m so sorry“, she instantly apologized backing away towards the door again. Maybe she shouldn’t be here...

The immediate, obvious question was, So how do we contact the Emerald Empress? But Namiah reconsidered her question. Instead, she asked, “What would happen if it was brought to her in the wrong manner?” She’d find out later what the right or wrong way to go about it would be.

Namiah was also glad that Tam was being so forthcoming. She found herself warming up to the refugee. She wondered if he would be able to return to the service of the Empire if Namiah concluded this well enough.

He considered her question a moment then gave a slight wince at some of the thoughts he had. "In the wrong manner, if it looks like relations are bad enough, and she thinks she can manage it, the Empress will simply take up things where they left off. You can bet, however, it won't be this mismanaged, in that case, she'll go for broke."

He paused. "Honestly, I don't see her going that route, but if someone convinces her somehow, that there is no other option, and not even trade or diplomacy are possible with present hostilities, it likely would end up open warfare."

"I'm sure I could help her to understand," Namiah said easily, "but whatever else you could tell me about her would help. There are many rumors that I have heard, but I don't know which are truth and which are exaggeration. If I were to find her, how would I do that, and how would be the best way to contact her?"

"The absolutely best way to contact her would be to jump to Eden then make a direct call to the planet as a representative of the Galactic League. If you insist on an audience with the Empress, on that basis, she will see you, if she's on the planet, she moves around randomly, though out the empire, but about half of her time is on Eden. If she's not there, you can talk to her Prime Minister, Ayre Syren, he has the authority to act, and is almost always on Eden, but he is very stubborn and would be more difficult to convince then she would be. You could also talk to Grand Magistrate Teria, she has the authority to take charge here also." He paused a moment.

"But, I should say, should you prefer to speak with the Empress, she is intelligent and incredibly perceptive, she is also incredibly beautiful, more so then any human could be, and quite willing to use that. She does believe herself the Avatar of Life, and as near as I can tell, has the power to back it up."

He paused again, then winced, reluctant to say this, but he took a deep breath and said it anyway. "But... she does has a few blind spots, for example, if you lie to her, she can tell.. but if you speak only truth, one can deceive her, and she is often more vulnerable to manipulation in this manner. I expect that's how Magistrate Keltan has dealt with her, but it also makes it so that she's quick to listen when your telling the complete truth and the matter is urgent."

"Good," Namiah said, nodding. "I'll simply need to find a way to get to her." Her green eyes studied Tam for a moment. "I have no intent to lie to her or even hurt her. I just need to her stop her people from this hostility."

Namiah leaned forward and put her hand on Tam's arm. "Thank you for your help, Tam. I know that this decision was hard, but I am grateful that you decided to choose peace."

Sapphire stopped Chance's retreat with a soft caress trailing down her arm, fingers twining with her, and stilled her protests with a passionate kiss and a coy tongue. Though the Legion would not let them touch mind-to-mind, there was something in the cadence of Sapphire's dancing tongue, or perhaps her luscious lips shaped silent words, that let Chance hear a simple credo floating between them...

Love as thou wilt...

"Never apologize for love, Chance," the heavenly Elan affirmed, circling the bewildered witch gracefully, blocking her from the door with sensual figure. "Fear it, let it fill you with trepidation and wonder, and embrace it, but never, never apologize for it. Everyone is entitled to desire and love, if only they knew it."

Sapphire glided forward and Chance found herself being guided deeper into Sapphire's boudoir, seductive fingers teasing their way down her flanks, until she felt the back of her knees but into the edge of the plush pile of pillows the azure-tressed goddess used as a bed. She tumble gracelessly into their luxurious softness, Sapphire lithely joining her, her lush contours pressed close.

"I love you too, Chance," Sapphire said, punctuating it with another kiss. "I have loved everyone I have lain with. You can stay with me as long as you desire, Chance, lovely Chance." Her long lashes fluttered, her glowing, twilight eyes dimming as her lips curved into a wistful, melancholy smile.

"I love you, but I cannot bind myself to a single being, Chance. I... I have tried... and failed. It is not in my nature. I seek desire and love wherever I go, and where is is not, I bring it. Especially to those who believe they will never have it. I wish you to know this, before you come seeking something I cannot give you, Chance." Her smile widened, hands drifting lower in promise as she snuggled close. "But I truly hope you are willing... to take a chance."

Tam reached out and put his hand over hers where she touched him. "I'm grateful that you wanted peace, Namiah, it made things much easier for both of us."

Meanwhile, elsewhere, Kaien was discovering something in his patrols, it appeared the enemy forces were preparing to take action, their fighters were forming into assault squadrons, though from the look of things, it would be a few hours before they actually moved.

Kaien swore. He could attack now, tipping his hand, and letting them know they weren't half as hidden as they thought. He knew communicating would give him away immediately, so instead, he began the circuit back to the ship. It took about twenty minutes, but once within the ship, he called Namiah on a secure commlink.

"Captain! Enemy ships are in motion, they are moving into attack and assault formations. I don't think they're going to take what we've done lying down."

His voice was completely calm, despite what he saw as the urgency of the situation. "Would you meet me on the bridge, or prefer for me to come to where you are?"

As Lt. Commander Kaien alerted the Captain, Layel found himself stiffening at his station and whispering, "So it begins."

Though he was anxious to ask to what target the Emeraldians were advancing, he decided it could wait enough until further instructions from Captain Daylan. Still, he wondered, would they strike at the Scheherazade, or the defenses of Shangri-La?

Or given their numbers... might they divide forces and attempt to overpower both targets?

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm on my way to the bridge," Namiah said, rising to her feet. She took Tam by the elbow as he rose and guided him out of her office. "I'll be there soon."

With swift steps, the beautiful captain took her 'prisoner' back to his cell. "I'll return to talk to you again," she promised, determined to not ignore him now that he'd been 'useful'. Tam nodded and smiled, looking happy at the idea.

She would like to have stayed and talked to him more, but she had more pressing matters. Her mind was already turning to the problem at hand. "How long before they are here?" she asked.

Kaien consulted his screens. "A few hours," he said, relaxing a bit as he confirmed that they had time.

"Excellent, calculate exactly how much time we have," Capt. Daylan ordered as she took her chair. "Navigation, set a course for Eden and depart as soon as you have a plot."

Zade, as the ship's Avatar spoke the formal words when Namiah entered the command deck. "Captain On Deck, Command Protocols engaged, sending recall to all Crew Members." Once all members of the crew were on board, the ship was prepared to engage the Star Drive. "Star Drive fully charged, Navigator, enter coordinates please."

Kat quickly began to plot a course, and the moment he finished, he checked it against the navigation computer, in essence with Zade. "Coordinates locked in, and engaged, we are underway Captain."

Click to reveal..

At the Moment, Kataran is at the Navigation station, sense his player hasn't been around for a long time, running him myself.

Originally Posted By: Sapphire Rose

Sapphire glided forward and Chance found herself being guided deeper into Sapphire's boudoir, seductive fingers teasing their way down her flanks, until she felt the back of her knees but into the edge of the plush pile of pillows the azure-tressed goddess used as a bed. She tumble gracelessly into their luxurious softness, Sapphire lithely joining her, her lush contours pressed close.

"I love you too, Chance," Sapphire said, punctuating it with another kiss. "I have loved everyone I have lain with. You can stay with me as long as you desire, Chance, lovely Chance." Her long lashes fluttered, her glowing, twilight eyes dimming as her lips curved into a wistful, melancholy smile.

"I love you, but I cannot bind myself to a single being, Chance. I... I have tried... and failed. It is not in my nature. I seek desire and love wherever I go, and where is is not, I bring it. Especially to those who believe they will never have it. I wish you to know this, before you come seeking something I cannot give you, Chance." Her smile widened, hands drifting lower in promise as she snuggled close. "But I truly hope you are willing... to take a chance."

„I... I wasn’t expecting anything to be honest. I can’t even tell why I am here except for... for this longing to be in your presence. I have never felt like this before. I’ve never been treated anything better than a servant... and I guess I deserved it. It is new being... being accepted as...“, the young witch was searching for the right words.

„As not a complete and total failure. I have disappointed my coven with my mistakes and... and what happened to me is all but my fault alone. I shouldn’t have...“, she shook her head as she swallowed back tears.

„I’m sorry... you are so beautiful... I want to kiss you... be with you. It’s...You make me feel good. I didn’t know that feeling... I didn’t dare feel more...“

"Thank you, Zade," Namiah said, glancing down at her console to confirm that their ETA was roughly ten minutes. "Give us warning at one minute to arrival and start broadcasting our ship's identification codes just before we drop from the jump. I don't want to surprise the Empress."

Namiah's fingers danced over the console as she opened an encrypted channel to the planet they'd just left. "Lady Tanya, I wished to let you know that I am attempting to forestall an invasion by going to the source. The Scheherazade will return in an hour to resume defense of your young alliance."

Archived