Exalted: Dreams of Exaltation - OOC: Exalted Letters

Krul

• 2 weeks later...

Just a question, does anyone mind if I jump things forward a bit, a few months at least? Other then Vana having to scout the enemy, and a bit of a battle, which you hold all of the advantages regarding at this point, it will allow me to bring the threads together.

Done.. I'll allow you folks to react to the posts.. then a new post will be made for everyone to post in... also, +10 XP to everyone.. for complete the present threads... and six months of training time for anything you want or need to train for.

• 2 weeks later...

For out of caste attributes it is present rating x 4 and months equal to present rating, same as solars.

For in caste attributes it is present rating x 3 and weeks equal to present rating

Your not missing anything, you are correct.. note however that it's range is almost double, and it's accuracy is better.. especially when made of moonsilver. Now, you could commission a better one from the city, that would be a possiblity, they do have first age level craftsman capability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone!

Krul has given my character the tentative go-ahead to join this game. I am going to be playing a Snake based lunar, a young barbarian male. I was looking to take the Solar-Bond background and I was wondering if anyone would mind having that kind of link? The bond can be one of romance, or brotherhood, or even just a distant connection with no real defined emotion.

I was thinking of connecting with Mei-Ling with romance (if thats alright) or Saiya as a kind of warrior-brother

He's a barbarian of the woods. A Warrior-hunter former son of his tribes chieftan. Deeply tanned and traced with silver tatto's that mimic the scales of a snake, he is possesed of the rugged scars and corded muscle a life of hunting and fighting can give. He's young, brash and utterly convinced that the Silver Way (The Lunar philosophy that Civilization breeds weakness) is the right way. As a Lunar, he sees his task in Creation as being an Apex Predator, hunting the weak and protecting the places and people he considers "his".

I'm trying to find some good pictures I can use for him. Do you guys suggest I make a new profile for him, or just modify this "Michael Peters" one?

Hee hee

Well, the whole "civilization breeds weakness" philosophy is almost entirely the opposite of Mei-Ying's belief...so if they were a pair in the First Age, it was either a tempestuous affair fraught with constant fighting...or one of them has radically changed since the fall of the Solars.

In Mei-Ying's eyes, civilization is necessary for a proper education...and knowledge is power.

That said, it could be made to work...and might be all the more fun for the stark contrasts in their beliefs. Maybe your Lunar's disdain for civilization came from having a ringside seat to a great and noble one's self-implosion. Then he saw how frail and helpless people were without the infrastructure they'd grown dependent on.

That would make a lot of sense, actually. The trauma of the Usurpation would be even greater if the Lunar (he or she) actually cared about the Solar (male or female). Watching them descend into the Great Curse until they were caught unaware by a Dragons blade... that would leave an impression.

Arr...and Mei's Curse is Conviction too...and her Flaw is where she loses all emotion and acts out of pure, soulless logic. So if he's a passionate gent, that'd be hard to stomach.

I haven't really knocked heads with Krul on Mei's 1st Age incarnation and how she ended...but my sense has always been that she survived the initial betrayal (because by then she preferred to work in solitude) and holed up in her wizard tower while the Dragons laid siege. Eventually, inevitably, she exhausted the magical resources available to her, ran out of essence, and couldn't maintain the spells of protection barricading the place.

Your Lunar might have been at her side all that time...or perhaps he couldnt stand what she was becoming and fled beforehand...only to return to a destroyed ruin.

That would be fantastic. Staying at her side while the hordes at the gate howl... days turn into months and the comfort they find with each other slowly fades as both cabin fever and the great curse rise. She turns to greater and greater acts of sorcery to attempt to escape, calling on mroe and more power. Her Lunar mate stalks the rooms alone, beginning to fear for her sanity. It almost would come as a relief when the Sidereal sorcerers finally pierce the shields and he can vent his impotent rage for a few minutes before brought down by jade blades.

Thats a good image... well, good as in interesting. I'm sure it wasnt fun in their little bunker.

As for being a warrior brother to Seiya, That would be easy enough, His previous Incarnation was among the greatest of Dawn Caste warriors, Matchless in war, and when the Primordial war was over he sought a new war, to remake himself. Though not a Twilight caste he created many great wonders of the first age, having learned from the best and brightest.

His flaw is also conviction, becoming utterly and totally devoted to the pursuit of whatever activity he's doing when his limit breaks. He ignores all other things to his detriment, until he has accomplished what he set out to do.

He was alone working on a grand project, when the Dragonblooded rose to slay him. Many died, but eventually he fell, and one of his most twisted and decidedly arrogant plans was set in motion

That would work too, a stalwart lieutenant to a great solar general. Concerned and frustrated as his orders become harsher and colder as the years pass, secluding himself in his factory manse for months at a time.

When the dragons finally came for him, his Lunar brother stood with him, glad to have a final chance to stand beside his General in combat one last time.

Guest Anonymous

If its good with Max, I'd like to have the Solar bond set with Mei-Ling. If that gets thumbs-up, I'll put together a brief introductory post for the character, unless you'd like to lead off on that Krul? Give the scene some direction?

Cool. I'm finding myself a little hesitant to jump right in a possible make a post set in teh incorrect area of creation. Its in the southeast correct? And its possible the my Lunars been following and stalking the Loren Soldiers in creation for a few months? If the answers to those questions are "yes" I can put together a good first post.

That works for me.

Also, not to speak for the GM, but we're not in Creation right now...and Loren hasn't broken through to Creation...

You'll need to have gotten to Autochton. But I'm sure the GM has an idea for that. smile

• 3 weeks later...

Archived