I'm creating a game and making it my own world, but I'm having trouble thinking of some minor villians they can run into. I found one on here about the guy eating people and then turning into his victims for a short while. thats really interesting. But still need a few more to put in as filler for the characters =) anyone have any ideas?

plz and thank you!

Er.. more context please, the way you said it.. is like saying... help, I need a drink.. but no context behind it... I can take it to mean almost anything. What world? What setting? What are you looking for in Villains? etc.

sorry im new to forums. its based in a now world, where i introduced three new powers i found. only a very few have them cus theyre reincarnated souls of the original people who had them. Opening dimensions to another world, a full blown oracle, and undead control. I have main villan groups who are hunting for these powers, but thats the whole picture. the characters are starting off as high school students in a basic environment in boston. They are traveling the world to try and find information on the groups they keep running into and to find the origin of their powers. I'm looking for smaller groups who have their own motives, anything from street gangs to military bases, or loners too. im quite new at Abberant =( and i just wanted to expand. so really any advice or help anyone can offer would be amazing! =)

Hmm, ok, so, your doing a sort of mix of abberant and exalted, from the sounds of things, in the modern world, though I could be wrong.

I'd ask for more clarification, as to if your just adding a few powers to the situation in abberant, or something different, but even with this I can give you some help.

For Undead Control.. take a look at Exalted Abyssals, the DeathLords and Deathknights are very good in terms of villainy, if you need that kind of thing, good for individual nasties too. But if your looking for something more, consider groups like the Triads, Yakuza, and the Mob, any of them would be interested in power of any kind. Also, stranger groups, like weird cults, and even CIA/FBI type agents can be a problem in this kind of setting.

I would submit that the powers don't matter. At all. You make a badass any old way you like. What matters is the villainous heart behind it. Take any villain that you hate or fear, and put him in your situation, and add powers. A silent, implacable hunter (Jason Vorhees)... A gregarious, ruthless businessman (Gordon Gecko)... Or, anyone, really. Put them as front man of some kind of gang (Droogs from Clockwork Orange) or consortium (think The Firm, or The International). Change the names to protect the innocent or the guilty. Snag a plot from still a third source, and you are in sub-plot villain heaven!

thank you guys. http://pillarsoffaith.comicgenesis.com/animism.html

http://pillarsoffaith.comicgenesis.com/dimensionweaving.html

those are the powers i found through searching. haha actually im in the middle of going from exalted to abberant. im new and still trying to make sure the characters stay like.. in control lol. i mean games are fun, but the people i play with dont always keep it serious... actually its more non serious than anything else >.< any tips for a new GM?? and thanks for the villian ideas! thats a lot to work with =)

One bit of advice I would give is to let the game be what the players want it to be. Not-serious? Then let it be that, and don't try to make it too gritty and real. They will have more fun if you give them the type of game they want. I don't mean NEVER, but for the most part, let them be silly if that is what they want to do.

Also, you will never feel totally in control. That's ok, that means you are doing it right. If you ever find yourself feeling totally in control, expect players to start dropping out. They deserve to steer the game as much OR MORE than you do.

haha i learned that when i was 13 and ran my first one. you never make a straight road, you plan something, and hope they get to it, so i keep about 7 other side things in case they want to steer away from where i want them to go. I just like to let people have fun =)

Oh! i also wanted to ask cus im new to the system, does anyone know how you would draw Shatterstar (marvel) into an abberant character?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived