Retiring most of my games/PCs

Joani

sigh...

First the good news - on August 5th, my second child, a healthy daughter (51 cm, 3600 gr.) was born. I'm still totally overwhelmed by this and happy (she looks like a cute little pocahontas).

As some of you may already know - I've been promoted (yay me!) and although the raise in salary is too small in my humble opinion I take everything I get (gotta feed 2 Children).

The downside of this news is my severely restricted time and ability to follow the posts on rpg-post.com. On one hand I have to pay attention that none of my "illegal" actions will be spotted and on the other hand I barely have time left (in between customers for example) to "quickly squeeze in" a post. That's a thing of the past now and at home I simply don't have the energy (and motivation) left to do something creative aside from watching TV or playing a casual game on my PS3/PC.

Although I hate to admit this and it took a while for me to come to this decision, I have to sign off from most games here for an unknown length of time. I hope I may come back one day (and you guys are still around) and pick up some of the awesome stuff I was lucky to be part of. The only exception I want to make are my PCs in DR and UP - I will PM Dawn and Mike respectively about this, though.

Regarding all other games, including the one I'm GMing - I have to retire those completely. I hope you understand this decision and if I can I will spent as much time as possible around here (chat ftw) so I can keep in touch with you all.

Life threw me a few curveballs and I'm still adjusting.

Yours truly

Joani

Great to hear from you again, Joani! And Congratz on the promotion and the daughter. And I'm sure we all understand the time they both eat up (especially the child - a good friend has a 1 year-old, his first, and it has seriously eaten into his WoW time and requires us to schedule our gaming nights around when he has to look after the kid. laugh )

If and when you have more time for the site, we'll be here. And we'll be in chat, if you ever want to just pop in and chat a bit.

Seeya 'round, Joani.

Archived