Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - Interplanetary Travels

It had been one of Aurora's dreams to visit the planets of the solar system, and to explore the sky's beyond earth sense she was young. Now, having discussed matters with Conner, she left their son with her parents for a little while, as they began their first jump, to the moon. This was about the fourth time she had left earth's gravity, and she felt something new developing, a moment when she had an intense headache and a momentary pain, as they appeared on the lunar surface. It took her a moment to recognize what had occurred, and she would have laughed as she realized it, except there was no air here. She had at last overcome gravity, it now affected her only so much as she allowed, gravity now served her will, rather then bound her to it's own limits.

Still, she thought to herself, as she walked over to her lover, put her arms around his neck and kissed him deeply, that was something to explore at another time. She then took his hand in her own, and turned to look up at the blue green globe that was earth, from the moon.

He nodded to her, having jumped to the moon for her back when they had first met. In fact, he smiled and pointed to the message he'd carved for her back then, and nodded.

It held true even now. He carved abit more, adding that now she too had been there.

He looked up, and towards mars, smiling and inclined his head.

Jumping to Mars seemed like a really cool idea, especially sense she had yet to be there, it would be nice for it to be the first time she had set foot on the red planet. With a nod to Conner, she attuned him to her quantum resonance, and jumped them both to the surface of mars.

Her first attempt didn't quite reach far enough, so she pushed herself, attempting to add a bit more to the reach, and instead fell to her knees in pain as the attempt backlashes on her, and for the first time in her life she felt the touch of what was called taint. For a moment she couldn't do anything, but she was fully aware of what had just happened, and how it had affected her.

After a moment, she stood up again, shaking her head, and then looked at Conner with a soft smile, she kissed him to reassure him, and then as both of them were intertwined in the kiss, she made a second attempt. First she transported them deep into space, toward the planet mars, but it was her third attempt that actually got them there.

She smiled as he gestured toward the mountain, and began to walk with him toward the huge and famous mountain on the surface of Mars. Having fully adapted to Mars desert environment and sparse atmosphere, she was enjoying herself, and wanting to feel the Martian sand on her feet, with her sensitive skin, she altered the eufiber she was wearing to a bathing suit, wondering for a moment if she was the first woman to wear a bathing suit on the surface of Mars.

After a moment of thought, also wanting to speak with Conner, Aurora reached out, took his hand in hers, and began to spell out her thoughts on his hand, one letter at a time. It's beautiful, darling, did you want to climb all the way to the top? She wrote each letter in his hand, hoping that he would understand and recognize what she was doing.

He nodded once and smiled. Even simply climbing he was amazingly fast compared to a baseline. He thought of what they were doing, and smiled. She'd truly made his life different, and he couldn't be happier. two years ago if someone told him he'd be scaling a volcano on mars, he'd have laughed.

• 2 weeks later...

They could have instantly transported themselves to the top of the mountain, or flow to the top, but instead, both of them worked together to climb using just physical capabilities. Finally, of course, they came to the top of the highest mountain on mars, and Aurora took his hand in hers, to look across the terrain as the sun set upon the horizon. Once more, she took his hand and wrote a few words on it, just after the sun finally set. It's beautiful, darling, and I love the view, but where would you like to go next? She asked, wondering what his thoughts were at the moment.

She had asked that question first, and his response had been a pleasant one, now he was asking her the same question. With a moments thought, she pointed up at one of the moons of Mars that were passing overhead.. and in an instant, she transported both of them to Demos, now able to look down on the red planet from above.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, it did, darling, I think we're a bit distant from earth, how many jumps do you think it would take to make it to the asteroid belt? She replied to him telepathicly though the mental link, a bit curious herself, she thought that it was a bit of a distance now, but they might be able to make it in 2 or 3 jumps.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, Darling, I am part of the Daedalus League. She responded to him mentally, even as she also prepared for the next jump. But then, even so, perhaps I shouldn't push things too far, after all, my last attempt to push matters didn't work out so well.

He smiled. Indeed. I didn't know you were a member, though I shouldn't be suprised, knowing what I do about you.

He looked around and smiled. So are you ready to head back home then? John's probably ready to see his mother again.

• 3 weeks later...

He smiled to her. "That was certainly a new experience." He wrapped his arms around her. "Let's go get John, I brough him a present from mars."

He held up a small rock and smiles. "He won't appreciate it yet, but in time... We'll take him with us."

She glanced at the rock that Conner had brought back with them, and nodded slightly, even as she was somewhat eager to return home, though slightly disappointed not to have gone further out of the solar system, perhaps to Jupiter or Saturn.. but there would be other times.

In the meantime, upon returning to earth, her parents were waiting for them, with their son, and she reached out to take John in her arms. Even as she did, she opened herself up to quantum forces in order to inspect the child and glanced over at Conner a moment, then smiled at him.

Meanwhile, on the telepathic level, she touched him with a further thought, one based on her looking over him with quantum attunement active. Darling, I think perhaps we need to look into finding a way to deal with the taint accumulation in your body.. it's almost to the point of causing actual changes in your biochemistry. Which is actually a good sign, you've kept it under control sense your eruption.

In her head she went over the various rumors that she had of the matter, discarding the Teragen rumors, even if they were true, they clearly came with a price that neither she nor Conner wanted to pay.

He nodded. "I've done my best to keep from pushing too hard. Do you know anyone who can help, without costing me my humanity?"

He wasn't like the Teragen, to him his humanity was important, it kept him grounded, kept him sane. Despite his gifts, normalcy, or at least a small semblance of it was truly important to him.

She cocked her head to one side even as she rocked her son in her arms a moment. Well.. actually, nothing more then rumors, but supposedly, there is a way.. I believe it's supposed to very hard to find the right teacher, I think I may have to look into it more. She responded to him mentally, even as she openly thanked her parents for watching over their son.

Then she paused a moment, and gestured to her sisters, who both came forward at her unspoken request. "I've question, and I'm wondering if you too can help."

In response they shook their heads slightly, knowing already what she was going to ask. "Too difficult to say, whatever it is well protected from discovery, even our kind.. but China and Tibet are good places to go looking."

• 2 weeks later...

She smiled, as she nodded slightly, pausing to look down at her son for a moment or two, while he remained in her arms. "That sounds like a wonderful idea." Her mind continued to consider the possibilities, and Hong Kong seemed like the perfect gateway they needed. "When would be a good time to go? And what movie did they have in mind?"

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He smiled, sitting beside her and relaxing. "I could watch you do that forever, my two favorite people in all the world."

"I'll let the others who need to know, but later right now I just want to enjoy being home with my family."

Archived