[Fiction] Nebraska (Sidereal Earth)

Sakurako Hino

Aki keeps her catch held firmly in place as they struggle trying to get back into the water. She was still dripping wet as she tilted her head slightly and eyed the other woman in her own way. "Well he tends to over do it from time to time. That is true."

"The names Aki, Its nice to meet you... An you are?" She turns her attention back to the crawfish for a moment wapping them on the heads firmly with her heavy tail ensuring they are knocked senseless before releasing there claws. "Anything to bind these up... When they wake I am pretty sure they will be pretty upset.."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Rianna Connelly. I run a Defense company in the United States. Ryu and I are old friends."

She smiled. "I can manage that." The ore in the boulder was easy to manipulate, and she drew it out with ease, and shaped it into bands around the claws of all the crawfish. Sadly there wasn't enough to make anything else.

"If We can find a bigger deposit I can make us a pot to boil them in."

"I can handle that..." Sakurako says. "But first time to get out of this prison of mine."

She takes her helmet off when a green light appears on her HUD visor. She shakes her short pink hair out a bit to get it slightly orderly. Her porcelain white skin looks slightly shiny from sweat, almost like what a raincoat would look like after a rainstorm.

She sends some commands to her mother drone as she releases the rest of the air in her suit and vest.

"While it searches for new deposits I'm going to change clothes. be right back."

"And don't worry about Long now. If anything tries to hurt him... Aki'll probably kill it, then I'll dissect it for science." She says with a grin before going into her tend as a couple small drones scurry out, moving the crawfish into a nice, organized pile.

"And don't worry about the drones. I'm controlling them." She says pointing to her forehead before closing her tent's door behind her.

"Oh Trust me, I'm not worried. I won't let anything happen to him."

She smiled, her clothing quickly becoming a simple two-piece green bathing suit that left little to the imagination, with a red sarong around her waist.

"They're not dead so you know, just stunned. So what world are we on? I can feel an intense magnetic field, easily twice our world's."

"It's a alternate Earth actually. We call it Sidereal Earth. Seemingly there are no humans here, nor have they evolved. The Hominid line stopped with the apes." Sakurako says from a drone's speakers. "Not sure how the earth's magnetic field is stronger here in this universe. But I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. Not that it matters for the moment."

Sakurako comes out of her tent wearing a pair of blue cargo shorts, and a white with blue sailor collared shirt that has a few extra pockets of their own, with good quality hiking boots on her feet. She grabs her discarded suit and helmet and sets them on a dead tree's branch near her tent. Stretching out a bit afterward.

"There we go, much better."

Aki shrugs a little, "No idea honestly just along for the ride... I do enjoy nice strolls out in the wild like this. It feels much like home." She walks over to a tree and takes some thick branches and easily breaks them and making them into long stakes. She carefully grabs one crawfish using the two large sticks pins them in the shallow end of the water to ensure they will remain fresh but at the same time unable to escape.

"Well now they are secure and bound in place I don't think they will be able to get away now. Although I am kinda worried if these things are able to free their buddies here. They are big enough to have a brain larger then the ones on earth so its possible. I'll keep an eye on them though.."

She nods to Iron Rose, "Indeed we are the only gals here so it would seam."

She chuckled, noting Endeavor's discomfort. "I was with him before he met Timeslip, and even the only for a few months. He worked security for my sister and I while we consolidated the company."

She laughed. "I know how he is."

"Your scanner find anything else yet?"

In the meantime, she stretched out on a rock laying back to sun herself.

"We've met before Sakurako, My sister and I dove along with you and Long, Jager and Neil one time."

"Oh yeah. That was a hoot."

Sakurako stretches out a bit as she pages through her drones. "There's another deposit one kilometer from here. One of my LTA drones is hovering over it. Can't miss it it has a pink gasbag keeping it aloft. Gotta be able to see those darn things you know.

It's another boulder outcropping. Larger than this one. I figure whatever made this lake tossed the boulders out. Might be a meteor crater we were swimming in... but why is the lake basin so shallow... A meteor would have made a darn deeper crater."

Sakurako scratches her chin. Realizing her memory is more messed with certain events than she realized.

Rianna smiles. "Alright."

She gets up and rockets off to the boulder location, and with some effort pulls forth over a ton of pure metal from the rock. "This should be enough."

She returns, carrying the huge ball of iron, and smiles.

"We're gonna need firewood, and a big shallow hole we can boil a pot over, probably twenty feet across."

With that she went to work, splitting the metal into three peices crafting the metal into a large lidded pot and supports for it, as well as what looked to be a thin metal tub, three times as large as the pot.

"You have any way to get us alot of salt, and clean water?"

"Hmm, If I remember correctly, there are Halite deposits in Kansas. South of here. Should be enough to extract. Halite can be converted to useable salt. Thing is you may have to look for a bit. Think you can fly there, get the amount, and get the salt back?"

Sakurako strokes her chin thinking. "Let me guess, you can extract minerals and elements from where they're sequestered, correct?"

After about half an hour the gate reopens, and Rianna comes through , the cylinder following her. It weighs a number of tons and clangs heavily on the ground. "Crap that thing's heavy."

She still looked amazing, a red-headed goddess in a bikini. "Now purging these thing is gonna be interesting."

Sakurako has all the firewood, lined up and optimally stacked for the cylinder. "Well... is this adequate?" Iron Rose also sees a sparking cargo drone limping over to Sakurako. "The poor dear worked past it's self preservation limiters though. Should have enough sparking from the power supply to ignite the wood easily." It falls in a heap at Sakurako's feet. "Also I wager we'll need the spare parts, huh?"

"No telling." She smiled. "This may be tricky." She put the seawater into the pot and then reformed the cylinder into a thin washtub. She ladled it into the lake, filling it half way and then smiled, setting it on the ground near the Crawfish. "Now we gotta put them in the freshwater."

"This was the part I was dreading..." Sakurako grabs a pair of ear plugs. "Aki... You got wrangling duty. Going to start the fire."

Sakurako plucks the battery from her busted drone and starts making a fire with arcs from wires leading from the battery. Eventually enough heat is generated to ignite the wood.

"I bring fire... heheh..." Sakurako chuckles to herself before stepping back.

Aki watched them leave for a while as she watched over Long as he slept and the crawfish that awakened. Indeed they were restless trying to break free of the bindings more so from the stakes keeping them in place. She watched them carefully ensuring no predators would nab off with her prey. It was very uneventful the whole time she waited for them to return. When they did return they had everything needed. She shook her head slightly and grinned in a wicked manner.

"Oh I do enjoy watching them squirm and squeal indeed!" She chuckled to herself as she went over grabbing the first crawfish as it fought back she subdued it picking it up over her head and walking it towards the pot. "Ready here let me know when you want me to toss it in?" She licked over her fangs slowly with deep rumble a sadistic glee of sorts gleamed in her eyes as she clearly was enjoying this. Well a part of her that is clearly was.

"No need for spices..." Sakurako says to Iron Rose "...just bracing for the ear-splitting shriek. Might wake Long up at that rate." Sakurako says, before putting her ear-plugs in. "Don't worry, these cancel out any decibel level over safe parameters. I'll be able to hear you."

"So... let's make this quick for these unfortunate souls."

Aki hefted the clawcrab up and then placed it into the tub of salt water as the creature started to squirm and thrash in the water. The clawcrab seamed to be in pain feeling the torrent of the salt washing over it cleaning it. She held it down in place keeping it from thrashing to much as her nose twitched a few times at the smells she was getting, "eh.. This thing really hates this."

Aki blinks and then nods, "I am not a very good cook sorries.. I prefer my meat raw most of the time" She chuckles softly helping fish out the crawfish blushing a little. "I never really get a chance to cook any how so.. Let me know what needs to be done.. Sorry about the little mistake.." She quickly helped put the crawfish into the fresh water. "I hope it doesn't spoil..."

Archived