Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Fiction - Reflections on Reality [Complete]

Terra Sonora Xia

Time/Space Local: January 10, 2010.. three days after Terra's Apothesis, Unknown Location in Europe

Reality: Terra One, Divergence One

Reality, in the last decade or so, it had come to mean something quite different then it had the last century. Though it had never really been what people had thought it was, for there had always been a number of beings who were beyond humanity among them, those who had begun human and now were no longer bound by human limits.

At the moment, somewhere in Europe, though exactly where was difficult to say, a young woman with skin of gold, wearing only her skin, and some jewelry, mainly golden bracers around her wrists and a circlet set with rubies, appears with a flash. A moment later, two other individuals, a tall and majestic figure and one with a glowing halo and blazing eyes appear as well. Then they look at one another for a moment. “Your were right, Jeremiah, she has blossomed quite marvelously after her last leap forward, in fact, it appears she has finally settled into her adult strength and power.”

She acknowledges both of them with a slightly bow of the head. “Teacher, thank you for being here.” he nodes to Jeremiah Scripture, with considerable respect, then she turns to the other nova present, in a certain measure of awe. “Sir.. I am honored by your presence as well.”

“There is no need to call me sir, Terra, you have my permission to address me by name.”

She considered that a moment before responding. “Between you, you two have been father and mother to me and I find it difficult to consider a direct address at this time, especially toward one who exemplifies all that it means to seek transcendence, perhaps when I have passed though my first Chrysalis I will find it easier.”

Divis Mal laughed and reached out to mess up her hair a moment, in a manner of a father or a uncle, which made her respond with a giggle of her own. It was a moment of honest affection between the two that would have made some of the other members of the pantheon stare, in a measure of envy and jealousy, if they had been there. In some ways, Terra was more of an equal to Divis Mal, in both power and viewpoint, then some of the other members of the pantheon were. “Call me Divis then, it’s more of a title then a name anyway.”

She smiled at that point, and with a soft teasing voice, and incredibly beautiful voice. “It still seems somewhat disrespectful, Divis…. Sir.”

Her words and response got a laugh from both of them, then all three of them became rather serious, by sudden mutual agreement. So sudden was the change of all three of them, that a baseline human would find the sudden transition almost startling.

“So, are you prepared to go forward with your plans, Terra?”

She nodded. “The present groups, movements and cliques within Teragen need something more, some guiding light to what we are meant to be, a better view of what it means to transcend humanity. Additionally, some of the more self-absorbed members of the One Race need to be shaken out of their limited viewpoints, to a much broader view of what it means to be the One Race.”

“Have you considered a name for this group?”

“I have a few ideas, but it’s premature, at this time, a name or title gives the matter a form or shape it doesn’t need quite yet. This is the forming stage, it doesn’t quite need a Nul Manifesto… yet.. Sir.” she winks at Divis Mal as she says the last, indicating how much she understood what the Nul Manifesto had done for Teragen.

“So be it, go ahead with your plans, Terra, you have our blessing and guidance, should you need it.” And with that, both Divis Mal and Scripture vanished with a flash of light. A moment later, looking thoughtful, Terra herself vanished, preparing to make her initial mark on the world as a whole.

Time/Space Local: A few hours later, taking until Jan 13 to complete, Antaeus Oasis in Djado, Niger.

"Antaeus." She spoke to herself, to appear miles away, in an oasis deep in the heart of Africa, to the Oasis from which Anteaus had chosen to place himself. Only a few months ago, he had broken with Utopia, and gone his own way, as in independent, in a rather public manner, after speaking to several folks from different factions and groups, now at least, she wanted to speak with him.

With a flash, she reappeared in the center of his Oasis, and waited, quietly for him to make an appearance. As she waited, she reshaped the earth at her feet into a comfortable chair, taking care not to harm anything in the oasis as she did so.

It took some time, hours at first, then finally even a day, then two, but eventually one of the worlds most intelligent nova's finally made his appearance. During that time, Terra waited patiently, amusing herself somewhat by occasionally shaping and reshaping a medium size stone she had in her hands.

When he finally did appear, Terra smiled and stood to greet him, though said nothing just yet. Her beauty such that even one who was as detached as he took a moment to admire it. Then he finally spoke up. "You wished to speak with me?"

"A self-evident statement, as both of us know, if you will allow me a moment to introduce myself, I am Revelation, though my name is Terra, and I wished to add yet another prospective to your thoughts, sense you have left the folds of your previous allegiance."

"And what prospective would that be?"

"Look at me, Antaeus, what do you see? Can you not judge, based on your own exceptional intelligence and ability to see the natural world, how I differ from the perspective's you have seen so far? Would it help if I said I have never known a day I didn't look like this?"

The calm and peaceful plantlike nova considered her for a long moment, in a number of ways, then nodded slightly. "It seems unusual, and definitely a different perspective, regardless of which of the different possibilities your words indicate. I suppose I would be somewhat interested in what you have to say."

She smiled at him, a radiant smile, that might have, with regards to someone else moved them even before she began to speak. "I was born a nova, though I am not of this time period, I was born years from now, and through some other remarkable capabilities, I ended up here and now. I was raised with the philosophy of Teras, I am sure we don't really need to cover that territory though."

"Let me add a new prospective though." She held out her hands, putting them together and opening them. "You gave up responsibility to Utopia, because your goals and theirs aligned. Though many among Teragen fail to grasp this, part of what the Nul Manifesto was about, was personal responsibility. A responsibility, for someone who possesses god-like capabilities, to use those capabilities with regard to their true potential, with the limits that frightened children force upon them."

As Antaeus raised an eyebrow she continued to speak. "Let me put this another way, you understand ecosystems in a unique manner, correct?" With a node from him, she continued. "Is is responsible of you, to follow the direction of someone who doesn't understand what you do, and has a agenda of their own with regards to your actions? It was some measure this kind of thought that had you leave Utopia, was it not?"

He nodded, then spoke up himself. "You are then, suggesting that by doing so, I was actually following the ideals of Teragen, even if I wasn't actually joining them."

"Yes, but more then that, I am suggestion that there is a moral and spiritual dimension involved that is rarely understood, even by Teragen, though for the matter we're discussing, the spiritual dimension is unimportant." She paused a moment. "A dimension that makes the Abberant movement, to some degree our brothers and sister, from the right viewpoint. I intend to provide some measure of that viewpoint, and I would like your consideration of the matter if nothing else."

"Continue."

"I intend to present this level insight to the rest of Teragen, and show them some measure of enlightenment that they have yet to grasp, but someone like you could add an whole new prospective to Teragen as a whole, a new direction all of your own. And on another level, you have to have realized by now, that we understand Taint on a level few others do, wouldn't it be worth your time and intelligence to explore that understanding? Especially, if in the long run, it allows you a much greater capability to shape the world's ecosystems?"

"An interesting and well thought out argument, you will allow me some time to consider the matter, perhaps a few weeks and we can discuss things again, allow me some time to watch the world, and your actions within it, then we can talk again. I will say however, you managed to impress me to some degree, young woman, and I will give your words the serious consideration they deserve."

"Of course, far be it from me to push you into anything, that would be a violation of the true spirit of Teragen." With that she stepped out of the chair she had shaped from the earth, and she returned the earth to the same state it had been before she arrived.

Time/Space Local: The Moon, Jan 15, Atlas Crater

Having departed earth for the time being, in order to think for a while, Terra walked along the surface of the moon, with the earth overhead, leaving soft footprints in the dust of the moon. At the moment, she was weighing the possibilities, allowing her thoughts and perceptions to consider the various realities that she had already inspected. Though she had discarded the idea of setting up on the moon, even though it was a rather cool thought, due to the isolation and difficulty of others reaching the place. However, she liked the silence for moments of meditation, sense in a vacuum, one could hear nothing, and it made meditations easier.

Soon, by the end of the month, she would be speaking to a small gathering of Terats and she wanted to be sure of what she was going to say, to consider her words carefully. She would need to address several subjects, the Manifesto, the factions within Teragen, the trends and directions within, where to go from their present point, focus on Chrysalis for a time, and what dimension she, and those who listened to her, were going add to the Teragen movement.

Archived