Ante

Just a general FYI-update:

At this point, everyone except for Steve Shreveson and Devin Jauntson are present and accounted for. I know Jaunt indicated that he was planning on showing up late, which is fine. Steve, if you're planning on showing up late for the meeting as well, that's fine too, but if you could please let me know, so that I know not to wait longer than necessary before updating the thread, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks guys, and great job so far! smile

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courier, by your history, Steve's been around long enough for people to know he's a nova. I am guessing that Steve being "clearly not a nova" is meant to be descriptive, but it might not be the best one for a room of people 1) probably know who he is anyway; and 2) are used to dealing with things that are not as they seem.

Just a comment on your post. Feel free to ignore me. smile

BN: Unless this below is intentional for Michal to get it wrong-

Originally Posted By: BlueNinja
And now I know what that comment in the cafeteria was about 'Boss-man Bannon' coming back. Does that mean he's in charge over Lee?

In short, it is wrong. The Big D specifically says Bannon is Lee's second-in-command. Just fyi.

Edit: Bah, Grey beat me to it. smile

BN: Mel and Sam are correct, Bannon is second-in-command under Lee.

Everyone: Great responses so far! For those of you haven't responded to the last series of posts yet, feel free to do so if you like (though it's by no means required). I'll try to get a response up tonight, but I may not be home until well after 11pm. If that turns out to be the case I'll update the thread tomorrow morning.

Once again, great job! smile

Due to some discussions that I've been having with a few of you over the past two weeks or so, I felt the need to put up some initial house rules covering the 'freeform Psi' rules presented in the Trinity: Player's Guide.

I have done so and they may be found here. Please read them if you are playing a psiad.

Hey guys, sorry about the delay in getting an update up. The internet here at work decided to go all wonky until just a little while ago. Not that it really mattered, because my update turned out to be just a touch longer than I anticipated.

I'll hopefully get the rest of the update up tonight and then the thread can move forward normally again, but I wanted to at least get this last post up so that you guys would have something to tide you over in the meantime.

If any of you would like to post reactions to my last post, you may do so, but please refrain from putting questions or rowdy interruptions in your posts for now, alright? If I come back later tonight and find such posts I'm just going to ask that they be edited; if I ask this but they haven't been edited to my satisfaction before I put up the rest of the update, I will simply delete them and you will get no credit for your post. Once the rest of the update is up, there will be a time for questions, etc.

Thanks, guys.

Finally! Another update for all you guys and gals! smile

Yeah, yeah. I know, it's still not done! Jeez! What's the ST's problem?!

Don't worry, I'll have the remainder of it up shortly - I'm just doing some final editing and thought you all might like a chance to read what I've already proof-read. Cheers!

Ante- there's another Knack from EON that I just noticed, and want to submit for use:

Heroic Knack - Trail Blazer

"It's *only* the Amazon, chap. I've seen worse in New York traffic."

Whether it's through the sloshing, bug infested Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico, the Desert of the Four Sinking Sands in China, or an overgrown area of Central Park, it's all as easy as pie for you to get where you're going. It's not really that you fly, or move with supernatural power, it's just that you know where you're going. You always just happen to find that one dry stone across the river, the rope bridge just happens to fall AFTER you've crossed, and you never step in a sink hole.

System: The daredevil with this knack may add his Intuitive facet in successes to all Navigation, Awareness, and Survival rolls for the purpose of finding a way safely through an area, as well as ignoring all wound penalties applied to those rolls.

Prerequisites: Due to the skill that it takes to be a trail blazer, characters must have either Survival 2 or Navigation 3 to qualify for this knack.

Hey Mel, sorry I'm not sure why, but I totally missed this until just now. This looks interesting and I'll think about it. As written, I see a few potential problems with it, but overall it's alright and I could probably work something usable out of it.

Let me know if/when you're ready to purchase this, and if I haven't already approved/denied it then we can go over it again at that time.

Actually, I think that BN's referring to the stuff about 'base 64' number-coding systems and Bethe lattices and all that (but correct me if I'm wrong, BN).

However, Wesson isn't assigned to the Siribhuvalaya case just yet, so don't let him get too carried away with things, BN. Stefokowski's got something else in mind for the team's Sooper-Brayne. We can try tackling the 'informationally-real' Matrioshka machine a little later on, assuming that some good down-time comes up. Otherwise, it'll just have to wait until a bit further down the road.

Aaand I just read Jaunt's post...

Jaunt, if you want to edit that and get him back in the briefing room that's fine, just say so here and I'll wait for you to get him back to the meeting. Otherwise, he's gonna be in a certain amount of trouble. He hadn't been excused yet (nor has anyone else, for that matter), and the briefing is by no means over. I have two more missions to go over, one of which Jaunt will be assigned to directly.

Anyhow, you don't have to edit him back in if you don't want to, but neither of the Directors will be happy if they have to hunt him down just so they can get back to the mission briefing.

Sorry if Lee telling him that he was officially on-call for the India mission confused you; that's just one of the many burdens of being Jaunt - he tends to be attached to more than one mission at a time. wink

Ah! My bad, I thought everyone was assigned and things were done while Carver gave the new boss a Bannon-Aid for his boo-boos.

I'll have him pop back in, I figure while Bannon is getting treated for his injuries Jaunt'll have a few moments to pop out. Chances are they won't appreciate him popping out either, but if the kid never got scolded for things that'd be no fun! smile

Originally Posted By: Ante
Actually, I think that BN's referring to the stuff about 'base 64' number-coding systems and Bethe lattices and all that (but correct me if I'm wrong, BN).
That was what I meant.

Quote:
However, Wesson isn't assigned to the Siribhuvalaya case just yet, so don't let him get too carried away with things, BN.
Awwww, why'd you have to spoil his fun? :P However, I was more wanting to know what Michal already knows about this thing, since he's got Photographic Memory and Computer Mastery he's undoubtably at least heard about it.

Hey, think maybe we could do an e-mail thread? Basically a place for us all to e-mail other members of the team IC since most of us will be worlds away most of the time. Why wait to ask someone to look something up when you can op-mail them and continue your mission while others are working back in the labs.

I think it'll boast a bit more of a 'holy crap, for such varied personalities you guys really do work together...' atmosphere.

Just an idea. Not to mention the many sub-plots that could span from a given thread...

Considering how far some of us travel as members of Prometheus, and that isn't even those traveling Air Jaunt, Gaze, or Geo, this makes perfect sense. I'm in.

Please, no gibberish 'leet speak or whatever it's called. Prometheus is covering the cost of our encrypted phones, we ain't being charged by the letter on our texts. laugh

My plan was to simply let you guys place calls or send email "across-threads", as it were. Because as it stands, most of you can expect to be transferred between threads on a semi-regular basis as your character's particular skills become less in demand for one op and more in demand for another. Likewise, some operations or cases will be shorter than others and will simply come to conclusion while another larger mission is still in-progress, at which time the characters involved will be transferred out to other cases, as needed.

But you know... that's a really good idea, Rev! I like it. I'll try to get a thread for that up in the next few days for you guys to use. Thank you very much for such a great idea! smile

Carver, Bannon: You guys can feel free to either leave the bold-face title as-is for your responses, or to come up with new titles that have some clever relation to what's happening in the infirmary.

One thing that can help also, is to change the 'Subject' header for your post so that it references the last bold-face title of the post you're responding to (as I changed the header of my post to match Carver's bold-faced title). Again, you don't have to change the title every single time if you don't want to, but I've found in the past that it can be a fun sort of back-and-forth game to play and that it can add to the enjoyment of other readers as well.

And we now return you to your regularly-scheduled mystery, murder and mayhem with The Argonauts!

Mel, just so you know, there is not going to be any IC activity in 1B, so you're basically going to be sitting there for all eternity.

That's why there was no OOC notice asking you guys to please move yourselves to that room or anywhere else. I will be putting up the new India-mission thread just as soon as I can (once I can get away from work) and you guys will be active there.

They're not extensive, Mel... They're local.

Quote:
Local is to Regional as Small is to:

A) Tiny

B) Continental

C) Big

D) None of the Above

You remember having to answer questions like that on school tests? This is just like that. Promise. smile

I'm sorry, I'm just not sure I understand the question. What I tried to convey to you in Lotus Born was that the "local authorities" know you're there. The "regional authorities" do not. The words "local" and "regional" were used specifically so that you would know (or so I had hoped) how extensive they were. Not sure what else you're looking for here. Maybe you could elaborate on your question?

To: Sec1_Players

Cc:

Subject: Possible OpMail Format Suggestions?

Hey guys,

This is in regards to Rev's suggestion that we start up an email thread for you guys to communicate via.

This right here is my own take on how these 'opmails' could be formatted. Basically, you change the 'Subject' field at the top of the Posting form that appears after you hit the 'reply' button on a post (the Subject field is just above the colored boxes that label a post as 'CH', 'GN', 'MD', etc). After that you put in your 'To', 'Cc', and 'Subject' - just like a normal email.

And then, finally, you enter the text of your message just as I am now. If you wanted to get really crazy, you could create an account here solely for putting up emails and then create a fancy sig-file that would appear in each of your 'opmails', just like those fancy signatures that business emails so often have.

I've also used differing font for both the heading and body sections of this, because I felt it made the whole thing look better.

Anyhow, what do you guys think? Is this good or does someone (or several of you) have other/different/better suggestions?

P.S.-- Below is the Code that I used to make this:

Code:
[font:System]To:
Cc:
Subject:

[font:Verdana]Hello,
This is a test.

Thanks!

To: Ante

Cc:

Subject:RE: Possible OpMail Format Suggestions?

I think this should be perfectly fine, actually. There's quite a bit of potential for rumor-mongering, plot hooks, and comic relief with a thread like this, and I like the setup you've suggested.

Thanks,

S.J.

-----------------------------------------------

“All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.”

Okay. Here's how India works, Melificent:

There's "India", which is a Country;

Below that, there's a long list of States, of which "Himachal Pradesh" is one (along with a few unique territories of one sort or another, I believe);

Each State has a given number (different for each State, so far as I know) of Districts.

You guys are in "Kinnaur" District, in the State of "Himachal Pradesh", in the Country of "India".

I found all that out by spending a minute or two clicking links in Wikipedia. Specifically, the one on Law Enforcement in India. smile

Kinnaur district knows you're there. The entire state does not. (Yet.) Hope that helps.

• Matt unpinned this topic

Archived