The Book Of Eli

Not since for so long have I been so well fed and happy with a movie, that I have Just seen.

It is now 2:00 AM, July 3rd, 2010 AD... And I felt that I was just carried into the future of a desolate world which was so filled with Awesome!

Denzel Washington was simply amazing, Mila Kunis flowed brilliantly, and Gary Oldman has done it again, very well. The movie starts out in a drab future earth (Harkened me to my vision of Rifts Chaose Earth and Dead Reign...-nerd moment-), it is a dead world with Very little light or hope. Denzel plays a Very driven solider in the cause of saving the Last copy of the First book ever printed, a man who has lost his soul to this desire to save it for the hope of man, and Gary Oldman is Equally driven to use it to use it to Conquire.

I had been told this movie was Bad, The movie starts out Very slowly and at first i got the feeling this was just gona be another hack & Slash cheap flik, even after the first 20minutes I was wondering if I should even bother to keep watching it for fear that I would be disappointed, but this slow pace, when mixed with the silent earth and the hauntingly beautiful soundtrack (a must for collectors) made this an absolutly Wonderful find of cinima. Be for warned, those who have a dislike for religion in movies may not like this film, but I found it to be a fun romp into a desolate post-apocalyptic future (Rifts, Dead Reign, and A:DR fans may pick up a few points of love from watching TBoE). The premise of the story seems less important than the actual feeling this movie ends up inspiring in me.

It Really give me Visions of Dawns Aberrant: Dead Rising Play by post, and I felt at points like I was actually in That game!

•I was raised by a lover of great music and so the sound Soundtrack (I'll always miss Jerry Goldsmith) so I have to give it 5Stars

•The Fights (and Yes, i love a Good fight) when they happened were Very fun to watch.4Stars

•The Acting was something that developed only later on as you got to really know the players, but it picked up nicely.4¼Stars

•The world. I generally hate to Death the color filtering obsession of america (and the world) these days, but it Finally worked well, it harkened me back to movies like Nemmesis and RPG's like Dead Reign or Dawns Aberrant: Dead Rising. 4¼

Over all I "personally" give it 4¼ Stars.

Conan, Blade Runner, Gladiator, The Black Hole, Akira, The Thing, James Camerons Avartar, and although Not for everyone out there, I may add The Book of Eli to the list of truely heart felt movies And for those who are fans of post-apocalyptic movies & RPG's, And for people feeling at a loss after seeing a disappointing movie like M.Knights TLAB, This movie is a Yes...

A Big yes!

A short Review By Rick Steeler.

Well, for You Dawn, I'll hi-light the parts you can read and Hide the rest...

smile

Quote:
Not since for so long have I been so well fed and happy with a movie, that I have Just seen.

It is now 2:00 AM, July 3rd, 2010 AD... And I felt that I was just carried into the future of a desolate world which was so filled with Awesome!

Denzel Washington was simply amazing, Mila Kunis flowed brilliantly, and Gary Oldman has done it again, very well. The movie starts out in a drab future earth (Harkened me to my vision of Rifts Chaose Earth and Dead Reign...-nerd moment-), it is a dead world with Very little light or hope. Denzel plays a Very driven solider in the cause of saving the Last copy of the First book ever printed, a man who has lost his soul to this desire to save it for the hope of man, and Gary Oldman is Equally driven to use it to use it to Conquire.

I had been told this movie was Bad, The movie starts out Very slowly and at first i got the feeling this was just gona be another hack & Slash cheap flik, even after the first 20minutes I was wondering if I should even bother to keep watching it for fear that I would be disappointed, but this slow pace, when mixed with the silent earth and the hauntingly beautiful soundtrack (a must for collectors) made this an absolutly Wonderful find of cinima. Be for warned, those who have a dislike for religion in movies may not like this film, but I found it to be a fun romp into a desolate post-apocalyptic future (Rifts, Dead Reign, and A:DR fans may pick up a few points of love from watching TBoE). The premise of the story seems less important than the actual feeling this movie ends up inspiring in me.

It Really gave me Visions of Dawns Aberrant: Dead Rising Play by post, and I felt at points like I was actually in That game!

•I was raised by a lover of great music and so the sound Soundtrack (I'll always miss Jerry Goldsmith) so I have to give it 4nQuarter Stars

•The Fights (and Yes, i love a Good fight) when they happened were Very fun to watch. 4 Stars

•The Acting was something that developed only later on as you got to really know the players, but it picked up nicely. 4nQuarter Stars

•The world. I generally hate to Death the color filtering obsession of america (and the world) these days, but it Finally worked well, it harkened me back to movies like Nemmesis and RPG's like Dead Reign or Dawns Aberrant: Dead Rising. 4Stars

Over all I "personally" give it 4¼ Stars.

Conan, Blade Runner, Gladiator, The Black Hole, Akira, The Thing, James Camerons Avartar, and although Not for everyone out there, I may add The Book of Eli to the list of truely heart felt movies And for those who are fans of post-apocalyptic movies & RPG's, And for people feeling at a loss after seeing a disappointing movie like M.Knights TLAB, This movie is a Yes...

A Big yes!

A short Review By Rick Steeler.

Archived