Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - New addition to the cast...

May-5th

Connor woke up happy, his hand gently finding its way to Aurora's swollen stomach. She'd hidden it rather well, and it was only in the final months that it became very obvious she was carrying his son. He Kissed her forehead softly and waited for her to wake up. It was a beautiful day outside, and They're home on the lake was all prepared for their son's comng.

Connor was very excited, but also a little Scared. She'd told him it would be any day now, so he'd done all he could. He had started by splitting off a copy of himself for Seattle. That contract was almost up and he figured Aurora wasn't going to renew it.

For a year she had been Seattles defender, but she had also begun to look for another defender, after the assination attempt. That had felt like a rather significant betrayal, and she had decided she didn't want to be to predicatable anymore.. which was impossible as a Municiple Defender. Fortunatly, she had taken care early on in the contract, and made sure it was not difficult for either her or the city to get out of. She had also spent part of the last few months hunting for someone to take her place.

In the mean time, she had chosen to sleep, periodically, at Conner's request, even though she didn't need to, for the child's sake. She didn't see it as nessary, but she did it for her beloved's peace of mind. Even as he had his hand on her stomach, her eyes snapped open, as her perfect knowledge of her own body gave her the warning that it had begun.

"It time, Darling." The tone left it clear as to her meaning

He smiled, Kissing her and picking up his phone, dialing his Father. "It's time Dad."

"On my way now Son."

Connor didn't waste any time, and picked up Aurora in his arms, carrying her to the area they'd set up to handle the birth of their son. Everything was set up as his fathe had asked, and completely sterile. He looked to Auora as her water broke just as he set her down.

"Damn you're good."

Her body was already adjusting, between her natural ability to adapt, together with her increadible stamina, and her natural adaptations, she wasn't suffering any of the difficulties of pregnacy a baseline human might. For a moment she wondered about that, but only for a moment, as she reached out and squeezed Conner's hand.

"I always know what's going on with my own body, love, it's just the way it is, I've never been without that knowledge." She winked at him, as she spoke, though she knew that was one of the things about her that was different from baseline humans.

Her sense of her own body, and the child within her, was such that she closed her eyes a moment. "I estimate 17 minutes, 14 seconds.. give or take about 30 seconds"

Connor's Father arrived, and Connor smiled. "About fifteen minutes Dad."

He got down, and donned his gloves, handing some to connor. "You'll get to be the nurse here son, Since secrecy is what you want." COnnor smiled, as His Father inspected everyything. "You're fully Dialated Aurora." It was said partly in awe.

His father was a docter, and well able to do this, though Aurora was somewhat of the opinion that his presense was, once more, a matter of peace of mind for her lover, sense she didn't really think that his presense was all that nessary.

She had been wearing her eufiber, in the form of a bracelet to bed, so she had been completely naked when she woke, but she altered it to a hospital style gown when he'd carried her to the room.

After the attack, she had enlisted her brothers help, with him, herself and conner, they had created a hidden underground complex a ways under the lake, under his house, for safeties sake.

"I know, Docter Fontenot." She replied to the Conner's father. "Actually, I imagine you'll find this a remarkably easy delivery, by your standards." She was breathing a bit harder as the contractions came.. but that was the only sign of the birth effecting her.

He smiled. "Still, I'm happy to be here doing this. This is my first nova Grandchild, I'm quite Proud."

Connor held Auroara's hand not really being able to do much at the moment. "I'm very happy too, and Glad I have such a wonderful woman like you in my life Aurora."

She softened slightly on the words from Conner and her step father.. then she looked up as her father and mother made an appearance, appearing right out of the air.. with her sibling present as well. "The twins said it was time... your mother is not exactly certain how she feels about being a grandmother aready." Her father leaned over and kissed her forhead, standing on the other side of her, as her mother lead the rest of her siblings out of the room.

"about 5 minutes, dad.. " For a moment, she was nervious, not about the birth, but more about the thought of becoming a mother, and having a son to raise.

Connor seemed to read her mind from the way her face gave away her thoughts and smiled. "We'll face everything together as a family." He smiled to her parents and siblings, they were welcome of course. He was glad she'd thought to dress though.

His words relaxed her, and she squeezed his hand, in reply. "Together." A few moments more, and she gave birth to her firstborn, her son, in a remarkably easy birthing process, but when nova's were involved, it was often a matter of remarkable things.

Only a few minutes more, and the child was delievered, almost exactly in the amount of time she had predicted earlier.

Within a few moments, her step-father lifted the boy, and spoke. "You have a healthy baby boy..." As she reached out to take the child in her arms, she looked to Conner, and lifted the child up to him. "Name your son, my love."

He smiled, knowing his final choice would make her happy. "Welcome to the family John Victor Fontenot." He'd snipped the cord and handed the newborn to his mother. He father looked at him and nodded. "That was the easiest delivery I've ever heard of."

Connor Smiled. "Aurora and John are amazing Dad, what Can I say?"

It took her just a minute before she was fully recovered from the birthing, and moments after she took her son in her arms, she didn't even show any signs of having been pregnant at all. Soon she was standing, as her outfit began to change, to a skirt and a blouse. She leaned forward, to kiss Conner, full on the lips, and then taking his arm in hers, she lead him out to show thier son to the rest of thier family, both her's and his, who were present for this.

A few minutes after showing the child off to the family, she handed him to his father, with a touch of reluctance, and departed to take a quick shower, returning about 10 minutes later.

He smiled, John was an easy favorite of his grandmother, and both his Grandfathers held the beworn before Aurora's sisters had him. "I told you it would be a boy."

Her mother smiled. "The name..."

"If it weren't for him, I'd never have met Aurora, I figure it's a small measure of repayment for a debt like that. He'll carry on his spirit."

A moment later, Aurora reappeared, litterally, wearing a long dress, and she embraced Conner from behind, then slide around him, so that thier son was between them.

"He's beautiful.. " She looked down at the child in her arms, and after watching the child a moment, realized something, that seemed more then normal, he was quite cute, adorable even, superhumanly so in fact.

Out of curosity, she opened her senses to quantum energies, her superhuman perceptions told her more, the child in her arms had already fully adapted, like his parents he didn't need sleep, food, or drink. There were some other things unusual in his quantum signature, ones that had yet to fully settle, or that she didn't yet entirely recognize.

He smiled. "Like his mother."

He chuckled. "I'm not suprised at all truth be told."

He looked around, and his Dad smiled. "You know your little sisters and mother will want to see him."

"In a bit Dad, but right now it will just be us. I promise though, we'll bring him by."

With the child between them, she leaned forward and gave Conner an deep and intense kiss, then turned her attention once more to the child between them once more, gazing down at the child in wonder. "Let's go, John should meet the rest of his family."

Archived