Aberrant RPG - Force Field (.) or better...

Simbiot

In the core rules the prerequisite for Quantum Construct is that you must have Force Field at one rank or better...

So the question im making is...

obiously 2 dot are better... but...

What other options are viable too?

Would you accept the shield or wall techniks as valids prerequisites?

... comentt please.

Thanks in advance.

Yuppers, just what Blue said. I found that having Force field is an Absolute Must have when your only Other power is Q-Construct... After all, you can Only use Q-Con once every scene w/o an increase in difficulty. That FFeild is a Very valuable power to have.

Personally the FF requirement for QC was a stupid idea. Considering it's the only power that requires a prerequisite power to activate it makes the entire ability inconsistent with the rest of the powers in the book.

But, to answer your question, BlueNinja is right. One dot is all it takes and it doesn't matter how that dot is purchased. The FF represents your characters ability to use the Force Field power to 'encase' that quantum energy in the shape of the construct itself. Like Sloppy Joe, who keeps himself from oozing away by encasing himself in a permanent Force Field.

Personally I house rule that you don't need FF to use QC, but I also allow PCs to use QC as often as they like within the same scene, within reason. Like having one nova send out a pack of flaming wolves while his opponent countered by sending bunch of eagles made from living ice to to shred them apart.

For real fun and games he'd summon a pack of fiery wolves and then use Shapeshift and bodymorph to look just like them, leaving enemies to wonder which one he really was.

I generally preferred the more creative uses of QC that the books version of 'use it once, and make sure you have FF'. Bah, piss on that.

Archived