Jump to content

Star Wars: The New Sith Empire - Episode 1: Gathered Hope


Recommended Posts

As the Fear that gripped Akira’s heart continues to squeeze, a different sensation comes over the female padawan, the briefest exhilaration of flying and speed. The breeze of her movement whips the pony tail back around to the front in the wake of her flight and she is at least grateful that she doesn’t have her hair loose in her face as well, the Force wills small favors at least, but then again considering my predicament, not being able to see when I go splat could be a blessing.

As she rises higher more thoughts run through her head, This can’t be good, perhaps master Udo Mal was right; I should have studied more, particularly about flying like a bird.

Despite the fear, some common sense creeps in and she now finds that she doesn’t particularly like heights either, especially when flying over 15 meters above the ground without an airspeeder around her. She clicks off her lightsaber and puts it away, better not have that waving around when I hit the ground, might cut something vital by mistake.

She calmly aims her blaster pistol at an Imperial Trooper below her, maybe if I put him down he will fall flat enough to cushion my fall. She fires a shot only to see it score a black mark on the temple floor. She holsters that weapon as well so she doesn’t lose it and looks around in case there is anything to grab on to that will prevent what would appear to be the inevitable fall destined to occur shortly.

Click to reveal.. (ACTIONS)
Free Action: Activate an item

Free Action: Quick Draw Holster Lightsaber

Standard Action: Ranged Attack (-2 range increment)Blaster Pistol (1d20-2=4, 3d6+1=10)

Move Action: Holster Pistol

Tumble Skill +8 normally, not sure when that needs rolling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joram & Dari

The dark aura dissipated around the Disciple but it didn't seem to make him any less imposing. With a crack of her staff a purple electrical current seared through his body while he was busy parrying Joram's attack. He cried out in pain, and in anger launched a desperate attack against Dari. The red saber slipped past her defenses, singeing her clothes and leaving a light burn upon her shoulder...

Even in the midst of all the combat the Disciple's senses were focused and alert. Layel's blaster bolt screamed towards the dark figure and has he spun about to launch his assault on Dari he slipped the blade upwards, meeting the bolt in mid flight and sending it harmlessly away in a random direction.

Click to reveal..

Dark Disciple takes 14 damage from Dari's attack.

Disciple - 13VP/16WP

Disciple 1 attacks Dari!

Move Action: None

Attack Action: Disciple 1 attacks Dari, hit! Dari suffers 7 points of Vitality damage!

Dari - 17VP/47VP

Akira

Without the concentration of the Disciple to hold her aloft Akira suddenly found gravity making its claim on her once more. Her attempts to provide herself with a safe didn't work as she planned and the temple floor proved just as hard as she suspected it would.

She twisted her body in midfall, and managed to come slode to landing on her feet but from so high up her knees gave you from the impact and sent a painful shock through her body. She fell back, wincing in pain and trying to regain her focus for the battle...

Click to reveal..

Tumble Check, success. Removed 4 meters from the total fall height.

12 meter fall. Akira took 10 points of Vitality damage.

Layel

Layel's blaster shot took down a storm trooper, sending the poor man falling backwards like a rag doll.

The remainde rof the squad continued to lay down supression fire as best they could to keep their higher ranking officers (the Disciples) )prtected from rebel fire while they dealt with them.

Click to reveal..
3 Stormtroopers attacked Layel... 3 Storm troopers missed...

One was close though! Very close...

Layel - 35VP/55VP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No longer having to worry about Akira and no longer subject to the dark waves of Darkside fear rolling off the downed Disciple, Joram was at last able to concentrate on the remaining Sith.

He moved as quickly as he could into a flurry of swings with his lightsaber and finally caught his opponent off guard and darted his saber in for a clean strike.

Click to reveal..

(22:13:11) ChatBot: (joram) rolls 1d20 and gets 13.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Battlemind is giving Joram a +3.

That would be 13 + 8 + 3 = 24 which should be a hit.

(22:17:24) ChatBot: (joram) rolls 3d8 and gets 2,8,4.

14 damage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dari hissed in pain as the lightsaber scored her flesh, and gripped her electrostaff tightly so that she didn't drop it by accident. Trying to fend off the Sith's blows was like trying to catch a stinger bee.. hard as hell to do, and if you make a wrong move you know it's going to hurt. She let out a slight breath of relief as Joram moved in for the strike.. even a few seconds was enough to take a quick measure of the situation.

But as she watched the clash of those flowing blades, it dawned on her that as powerful as the Sith was, any fighter without their weapon was at a disadvantage. She had no idea whether she'd be able to actually pull it off against the Force-user or not, but though she hadn't had time to take stock of the depth of her injuries, she knew the pain and exhaustion would probably catch up to her soon. So she decided to take that risk, and as she saw Joram move in for the strike, she lunged forward with a quick flick of the staff and attempted to disarm their opponent.

Click to reveal..
Disarm attempt: 1d20+6+4 → [4,6,4] = (14) *crosses her fingers nervously*

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2614790/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Despite the pain Akira rolls to her feet and prepares to return to the fray. Even though fear still has some hold on her, she feels she must return to help Joram and Dari eliminate the Sith warrior. Drawing her lightsaber again and it returns to life with a *snap hiss*. She shifts a step to have a better run on the Dark Disciple with intent to charge back at him attacking his exposed flank while he is preoccupied fighting Joram and Dari.

She draws her blaster pistol and snaps off a shot at a stormtrooper.

Click to reveal.. (ACTIONS)
Move Action: Stand up from Prone

Free Action: Quick Draw Lightsaber

Free Action: Activate an item

Free Action: 2 Meter step

Free Action: Quick Draw Blaster Pistol

Standard Action: Ranged Attack Blaster pistol (1d20+3=13, 3d6+1=11)

The 2-meter step is to position herself better to charge at the Dark Disciple in the next round attacking from a flanking position.

I realize that there are a few Free Actions here, but all her actions are listed in priority order. If it’s too many then I will sacrifice the Ranged attack and use that to draw her pistol, or even sacrifice the Quick Draw as well. If she needs to she can sacrifice the 2-meter step to gain the Standard Action back and use it for movement. Her priority is to set up the flanking charge for next round.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ironically settled by the blasts the stormtroopers were sending back at him, Layel aimed his carbine and continued to whittle down the protecting squad with a barrage of bolts. He grinned throughout.

Click to reveal..

Multi-fire upon Stormtroopers- Point-Blank Shot

Attack #1:

1d20+4=11

Barely a hit, but still a hit nonetheless.

Attack #2:

1d20+2=5

Miss, clearly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joram & Dari

Jorum's blue saber blade hummed as it slid past the Disciples defenses followed by the sound of sizzling mingled with the scent of burning flesh. The Disciple groaned out in pain and clutched his side.

Dari saw her opportunity and took it. As the Disciple staggered she twisted her staff about and bend the Disciple's wrist about as he lurched from the pain. The hiss of a lightsaber could be heard as the red glow that illuminated the battle area dimmed. The hilt of the Disciples sabe tumbled to the floor at Dari's feet with a light 'clack'.

The Disciple hit his knees, clutching his side in pain.

Click to reveal..

Dark Disciple takes 16 damage from Joram's attack.

Disciple - 0VP/13WP (Fatigued)

Dari successfully disarmed the Disciple.

Akira

As the Rebel soldiers are pinned down, Akira lends her aid with a blaster shot that hits one of the troopers in his side, bringing him crashing to the floor.

Click to reveal..

Hit! A Stormtrooper was removed from the fray...

Layel

Over and over the troopers behind the cover of their rubble fell to Layel's shots. Had the soldier and his new found allies not been there the Rebels would have lost this battle before it had begun.

A trooper sprang up and fired his blaster rifle. The beam slammed into the chest of a rebel soldier and Layel knew it had killed him instantly, it was the best one could ask for in a war. With eyes narrowed he fired a blast in return the bore a black hole into the Stormtrooper's armor. He knew it hurt and he knew the Trooper wouldn't die right away...

It wasn't his fault the Trooper chose the wrong side.

He slipped below cover and waited patiently as blaster fire pocked his hiding place.

Click to reveal..
2 Stormtroopers are left and they.... guess what? Missed!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The battlefield didn't allow much in the way of time, especially for moral dilemmas. Dari knew she only had a second to make a decision, and for a moment she almost gave into her surge of hatred for the dark Force user kneeling at her feet. These bastards were the cause of so much misery and suffering, and she could care less if every one of them were to be struck dead where they stood.

But killing an injured man kneeling at her feet, even a Sith Lord, seemed wrong. In the back of her mind, Dari always gauged questionable actions against what her birth father would have done in that particular situation. And killing a wounded man in cold blood was just the kind of thing he wouldn't have thought twice about.

Still.. she had to admit the expression on his face as she pressed the voltage-charged end of her electrostaff against his chest was satisfying. After all, he probably hadn't noticed her flick the power setting down on it first.. and there's a fine line between deadly or just disabling amounts of voltage running through your body.

Click to reveal..
Gonna roll a normal attack here Dave, not entirely sure if that's accurate or not though. Let me know (or feel free to correct) if it's not.

Free action = Adjust setting of electrostaff from "death" to "stun", basically. Want to knock him unconscious.

Roll for attack: 1d20+6 → [7,6] = (13)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2633614/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feeling free as a bird now that the fear has been lifted, Akira determines that the Disciple should be able to taken care of by Joram and Dari. She focuses on taking out some of the remaining Stormtroopers to save some of their allies from falling. Lightsaber whirling, she charges at the ones still pressing the attack. Her blue blade flashes out scoring a hit, but it is not the most solid of blows as she intended.

Click to reveal.. (ACTIONS)
Full Round Action: Charge and Attack

Charge: Lightsaber Attack (1d20+13=29, 3d8=5) Dang!, Couldn't hardly miss, but no luck on that damage.

-2 Defense until next round.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joram considered several actions, but in the end he settled on keeping the Sith under guard. Wounded or not he was still a considerable threat. He might be disarmed, but with just a thought he could summon a blaster or worse his saber into his hand and be whirling circle of crimson death again.

However, seeing that Dari had her weapon at the dark force users chest he felt safe enough to take one small action. He took only a small step and flicked his own saber in an easy motion to cut the dark one's dormant weapon in half where it lay on the ground. An object soaked in darkside energy for so long could be very dangerous to anyone who picked it up even discounting possible booby-traps, and this would prevent the Sith from regaining his best weapon. He would have to do the same with the other man's blade as well....

Click to reveal..

Not sure if a roll is necessary, but just in case:

(12:05:05) ChatBot: (Joram) rolls 1d20 and gets 9. +3 from battle mind = 20 total.

(12:06:12) ChatBot: (Joram) rolls 3d8 and gets 8,1,4.

13 damage to the saber

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The blaster bolt tore into the Stormtroopers armor around the same time the Disciple shuddered violently as purple electrical arcs coursed through his body, sending him to the floor unconscious.

For a moment there was an uneasy stillness throughout the chamber... no blasters were fired and in the midst of the smoke, dust and wreckage only the rhythmic hum, mingled with the soft blue light of the Jedi's lightsabers were all that could be heard. Several rebels lie dead about the floor and draped over the cover where they'd been sent back to the Force.

After a moment, it sunk in... the battle was over.

"All things look clear out here, the Imperial forces are withdrawing into the jungle..." Their commlinks buzzed on with the modulated voice of the Trandoshan mercenary leader announced the situation outside the temple walls. "Clean-up'll be fun, I'm sending three squads. Nice work everybody, first rounds on me."

Suddenly the room exploded into thunderous applauds and cheers as men and woman raised thier blasters high and pumped their fists in defiance. Dari could feel it: the rush of exuberance that came from the crowd. It was hope, finally the people had hope again and sometimes a little hope goes a long way.

Still something lingered on the air. The Jedi, close with the Force, felt like something had driven a sharp metal shard int their hearts. Something... somewhere... wasn't right, but why could they not discern what it was?

Click to reveal..
Combat is over. Feel free to RP the aftermath and catch up up with one another. After a time, I'll move the chapter forward again.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing that the Sith was really down thanks to the electro staff, Joram no longer felt the pressure to destroy that lightsaber. He didn't want anyone to touch it for fear it was booby trapped or possessed of darkside taint, but he hesitated before destroying it. He'd let the masters determine if it was safe and if so perhaps they would have use of it.

It had been a near thing, but they had fought well, so why did he still have this nagging feeling that something was still wrong or undone... He looked to Akira, "Do you feel something odd?" He said it quietly so that it wouldn't disturb the other's celebration, but there was a certain intensity to his voice that let her know that he was uneasy. The others deserved to feel the relief of success, no need to worry people. Yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Akira relaxes and takes a few calming breaths as the lightfight is concluded. She nods to the rebel soldiers she assisted in the last few moments of the skirmish showing her appreciation for their skills. She returns her weapons to their places and walks over to the scene of the melee with dark ones.

Seeing the dark disciple unconscious, she reaches down and collects the other lightsaber, unafraid to touch it. She is a little young and impetuous at times.

At her fellow Padawan's question, she considers for a moment looking into Joram's eyes for a sign of his concern. Then her lids close and she concentrates. After a few moments she opens her eyes again and replies, "Something is not right, but the source of my unease is not clear." Looking at the dark disciple's lightsaber in her hand, she comments, "Holding this doesn't appear to have anything to do with it either."

Indicating the unconscious foe, Akira turns to Dari and asks, "Ma'am, what are you going to do with him? It would appear that you have yourself a very dangerous prisoner. Killing him while he was armed and still fighting would have been justified and less dangerous than trying to question one of his power."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It hadn't taken long for several of the nearby fighters from the group Dari and Joram had led to make their way over to her, hugging her in congratulations, sweeping her up momentarily in the wave of excitement and victory that was making it's way over the room. But at Akira's question, Dari sobered, squeezing the nearby noble she'd been speaking with gently on the arm and sending him back to the festivities with a faint smile. By the time she turned back to the two Jedi, her expression was sober and trouble, and she spared a quick glance towards the prone figure of the unconscious Sith Lord first before addressing them.

"I don't know, honestly. It might've been smarter to have killed him, I suppose, but.. it didn't seem like the right thing to do at the moment. How we'll keep him secure I don't know.. he can use the Force after all. We might just have to abandon him here.. unless perhaps the leaders of your Jedi Order have some idea as to how we could confine him? If anyone questions him it will have to be with a Jedi present, so that he can't influence anyone. And even if he talks, we'll have no way of knowing whether he's lying or not."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joram nodded solemnly. "It will be up to the masters. I do not have any experience with holding a force wielder prisoner. Neither is it right to kill him. Perhaps the masters might be able to redeem him from the Dark."

On impulse Joram decided to investigate the two Sith now that one was dead and the other unconscious.

"Someone check over the dead one and make sure he doesn't have any explosives or worse... a signaling device on him that are reporting his death to his superiors." He hesitated a moment then let Dari in on the worry, "I've got a bad feeling that somethings not right."

He bent to examine the living Sith to make sure he didn't have any weapons or other nasty surprises on him.

Click to reveal..

(20:24:00) ChatBot: (Joram) logs into the Chat.

(20:24:06) ChatBot: (Joram) rolls 1d20 and gets 13.

+1 = 14 total on searching the prisoner for weapons and anything else the sith might use against them, explosives, computer spikes, a pocket knife, etc...

He's not doing a body cavity search, but he'll be pretty thorough and remove the man's belt, cloak and anything else that might be concealing things. (hard to run when your pants are falling down)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was a rough and bumpy ride, but R2-FX made it safely to the ground; surprisingly not far from the temple where he had started from. Of course, if he were to stay in one functioning piece, he'd better hope that whatever shmuck it was that owned that ship never found out that it was R2-FX that had blown it up. Now, if he'd been able to take down half of the shuttles of more, that might be some redeeming quality... but to only have taken out one enemy ship at the expense of the one he was flying... that was just pathetic.

Once he was outside of the jungle and into the narrow band of clearing around the temple R2-FX decided to forgo further use of his repulsorlift and just roll back in and see how things were going inside.

Click to reveal..
If Dave wants to have him run into the scouts/soldiers that are mopping up the rest of the baddies, then so be it. Otherwise he'll show up after another round of dialogue.

It's nice to be back. It's been over a month...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Akira nods at her fellow Padawan's suggestion about going through the other remains, clipping the captured lightsaber to her belt to free her hands. She carefully completes the search of the dead disciple's corpse.

Click to reveal.. (OOC)
Take 20 on the Search for a 22, if possible.

While she is searching she answers Dari's question with a suggestion, "Does anyone have an liquid rope? You can tie his hands behind his back. Then fashion a bag over his head from this one's cloak and use the liquid rope fashion a draw string of sorts to pull it closed. Connect the draw string to his bound wrists and he won't struggle too much unless he wants to strangle himself. But then again, he might just want to commit suicide when he comes around. I would keep a stunner on him at all times when he starts to come awake."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Click to reveal..
The search of the bodies reveals nothing of any major value. Each Disciple possessed only their robes, lightsaber, and a credit chit each valued at 500"7.

You can keep the credits or yourself, or divvy them up with the group later.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On discovering the credit chit, Akira shrugs, you never know when more credits are useful and somebody will want this I am sure, and pockets the credit chit. Standing back up, she turns back to Dari and continues her suggestion with a blank expression, “The again you could just execute him right now, no trial. Show everyone that you mean business and that you will not tolerate a Galaxy with Sith alive in it.”

Akira is looking at Dari for a response, completely oblivious to any looks Joram might be giving her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At Akira's initial suggestion, Dari frowned thoughtfully. The method of restraint was certainly practical and seemed mostly effective - Depp would certainly have approved - still, it didn't sit well with the noblewoman. But as she continued, Dari's eyes snapped from the Sith's prone form up to the Jedi woman's gaze, flashing with anger and indignation.

"You must be joking. This is a rebellion, Jedi Akira, not a group of vigilantes. Killing him now, without questioning him or the consideration of a fair trial, would make us no better than those we're trying to overthrow. Perhaps it might have been easier for us had he been killed in the heat of battle, but that was obviously not to be. Now we have him, and we'll have to figure out a way to handle him.. without hog-tying him like a beast for slaughter, or killing him in cold blood on the steps of an ancient temple. I hope the rest of the Jedi are more humane than you seem, Jedi Akira - if not, my father may have made a terrible error in judgement. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to speak to everyone briefly, then go check on him, and speak with one of the Jedi Masters to find out if they have any suggestions for restraining the Sith."

She turned to Joram briefly, seeming to dismiss Akira's presence entirely at that point with all the bearing of the offended noblewoman she was, and motioned towards the unconscious Sith.

"Perhaps, Jedi Joram, you could stand guard while I speak with the leaders of your order and seek advice on how to handle the situation. And do try not to let your fellow Jedi do anything particularly heinous during my absence, would you?

With that, she turned and started to make her way towards the platform, away from the two Jedi and the unconscious Sith Lord.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joram nodded solemnly to Dari. "I will guard and protect him from those who might seek vengence. Fear not." After Dari had turned to go he gave a rye half smile of amusement, whether at Dari's indignation or Akira's putting her foot into her mouth was unclear.

He considered speaking to his fellow padawan about her suggestion but decided against, Dari's rebuke had been sting enough, adding his own words would risk engendering anger and resentment both of which could lead to the darkside. Besides, it's not like Joram hadn't ever put his own foot in his mouth with the masters before and he was pretty sure that she had only meant that things would have been less complicated had he died in battle, which was a thought that he had had himself if only briefly.

He turned back to watch the prisoner for any signs of waking. He really was a dangerous man to have alive and awake. With a thought the man could summon a weapon to hand from the debris scattered around the room, or even just send a chunk of ferro-crete slamming into the back of one of his guards. In the confusion he could escape. It's what Joram himself would do if the situation were reversed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

During the noblewoman’s beginning of a tirade, Akira’s blank expression becomes softer and a smile leaks through. She remains relaxed and clasps her hands behind her back, even nodding her head, almost in agreement while listening patiently as Dari starts really working herself into the spirit of her lecture.

Then when Dari turns away, apparently oblivious to any reaction her words might bring, the Padawan’s expression goes back to neutral and even a hint of disappointment shows in her eyes.

After the woman storms off, Akira looks down on the unconscious man and remarks to her fellow Padawan, “Well, Lady Telana has the right spirit and is very vocal about her beliefs. It is good that she sets the tone for this new alliance properly. However, she apparently can act rash, without thinking things through, even in the face of absurdity.”

“But, her heart is good and perhaps that is enough as she learns the wisdom required for true leadership. No doubt the masters will set her straight regarding the Order and they will be kind in correcting her. I expect Master Uthae will be chastising me for testing her.” Akira shrugs and says, "There is no emotion, there is peace."

She looks down at the prisoner and remarks, “This dark one is a concern though. In his current state, perhaps he lacks the vitality to use his dark powers once he awakes, but that will change as he begins his recovery. If the masters can cut him off from the Force then simple restraints will be sufficient. Getting information from him will be a challenge, I am not sure there is anything we could offer that would motivate him to betray useful information. But… we might able to work his pride against him to get him bragging.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still fuming slightly from the exchange with Akira, Dari climbed up the steps to the platform that she and her father had stood upon together just a few short hours ago, hoping to rally together the beginnings of a new Alliance. As she made her way across the room, it had begun to dawn on Dari that the Jedi woman might have been playing with her for some reason - her expression during Dari's tirade hadn't really meshed with what the Jedi had said. But that didn't do much to appease the young noble, considering the weight of the day's events that she was beginning to feel settle on her shoulders. With her father injured, it would be up to Dari to try and handle many of the fledgling rebellion's affairs. They had a Sith Lord prisoner to deal with, not to mention coming to terms with the losses they may have incurred in the battle.

Maybe pairing with the Jedi this soon was a bad decision.. I normally trust Father implicitly, but I wonder if we wouldn't have been better off getting to know more about them first.. after all, they've been in hiding forever.. maybe they've changed. God, it's all so confusing...

Dari took a deep breath to calm herself, and carefully schooled her features into neutrality. She knew she was sensitive sometimes to any remarks on her character, however subtly implied they might be, and the idea that she would even consider killing someone in cold blood - Sith or no - had flat out offended her. That she was fiercely protective of her reputation as a result of her blood heritage was painfully obvious to her adoptive father.. and perhaps might have been obvious to Akira as well, had she known anything about the beautiful noblewoman's true background.

For her own part, Dari didn't dwell on such internal reflection. She knew only that she was tired, and injured, and scared. Their victory today was only the beginning, and no assurance of final success. In fact, she feared it would bring the wrath of the Empire down on them far more forcefully than they had been prepared for this early on in the game. But she had no intention of letting those worries show. Right now, people needed to revel in the euphoria of victory, to savor the day's success so that it would fuel their hearts and spirits for the long battle to come. She stepped forward, smiling a fierce smile of victory, and gestured to the crowd, calling out to get people's attention, trying to quiet them down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Layel had also been moving about, checking up on people, making sure everyone and everything was in order. He had heard Dari Telana argue with the Jedi though, and thoughts about the nobles being more idealistic than practical moved slowly back into his head.

Not that the noblewoman hadn't shown she was useless in the rough and tumble, but this was stupid. A fair trial for a Sith was an oxymoron, and a bloody waste of time at that. Neither would questioning work, he quite easily doubted a Sith betray the Empire, especially not to the rebels he'd been fighting. There was no benefit, and a large danger of escape, with resulting casualties and information being delivered to the Empire.

But, in the interest of not spoiling the excitement, he decided to hold it for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

R2-FX trundled into the hanger bay, and back the way that he had exited. His decision to not use his repulsorlift lasted until he saw the destruction and carnage that the recent battle had caused. Rather than trying to find a clear and somewhat even path through the rubble and bodies (if that were even possible), he just turned on his repulsorlifts and floted above it all.

He went back to his regular treads once he was past the majority of the remains of the fighting, and came up slowly to the two Jedi as they stood around the motionless body of one of the fallen Sith. He stopped out of easy arm or foot reach of the Sith, and did a quick scan of the two Jedi, Joram first, of course.

Finding them both in working order, he beeped Is it dead? inquisitively as he pointed a powered down shock probe in the direction of the Sith lying on the floor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eventually, Dari had managed to get almost everyone's attention, and the noise finally trickled off to a dull murmur, quiet enough for people to hear what the injured Ambassador's daughter had to say. So she drew in a deep breath and, projecting her voice firmly across the hall, called out to the assembled mass.

"Congratulations on your first victory against the Sith Empire!"

The room erupted into cheers again, and it took another minute or so for Dari to manage to quiet them down again, though she let them have their moment, looking on with an expression of fierce pride. These people had pulled together when threatened and faced their enemies, and it made Dari surge with hope that she hadn't known she could feel so deeply. She did her best to push away the small ache she felt in her heart that her father wasn't giving this speech instead of her, and focused on the people in the temple again.

"I know everyone's tired, and that many are wounded. But there is still much to do. For those of you who are only mildly injured, or who were fortunate enough to escape injury, any help you can give us tending to those more severely wounded is deeply appreciated. First aid for our people is our most important priority at the moment. Also, for those of you who encounter any wounded enemy soldiers, or if there are any that have surrendered, please do your best to detain them for now. They will be questioned and dealt with as soon as possible. If you are injured and unable to assist others, please try to be patient, we will get to you as soon as we're able."

She was quiet for a moment, but her eyes searched the crowd, softening slightly in her first sign of an emotion other than determination or celebration.

"Until this moment, the Ambassador and I have driven ourselves based on our own reserves of hope. And while it was enough to keep us going, the actions I've witnessed today have inspired me in a way that many of you may never be able to fully comprehend. Thank you - all of you. Your bravery and sacrifice today have transformed the dreams of a nobleman and his daughter into the hope of the galaxy. May the Force be with you all."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some cheered in their victory while some stood quietly, just thankful to have survived it

Dari had barely stepped away from where she'd given her speech when a woman, a noble like herself, ran into the Great Hall in a near panic. "Lady Telana!" She nearly fell in a loos patch of grit and dust as she frantically rushed in. "Oh! It's terrible! The infirmity... it's... everyone is... oh it's terrible!"

Click to reveal..
Note for the Jedi: The Dark Disciple will be out for at least 24 hours so you do not have to babysit him. I do not see the point in you guys hovering over one unconscious guy while there is a plot going on around you.

The Rebels will take him into custody and the Jedi Masters can deal with him once the fallout from the battle is over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the woman's frantic tone, Dari felt her stomach twist into a solid knot of dread and her mouth dry up. Without mincing words, she hurried over to the other noblewoman and helped steady her, even as she began to guide her towards the infirmary.

"Come on, you'd best just show me."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

During the speech, R2-FX recorded, so he could play it back later if need be. Then the woman came with her dire news. He stopped recording, retracted his shock probe, and turned so that he could follow Dari and the other woman. He didn't know what exactly he could do, but if nothing else he could record everything for further examination at a later date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joram looked down at the Sith lying there then around the area at those still celebrating. The prisoner was out pretty solidly. "You there. And you. See that this man is brought to the Masters." He pointed at two solid looking men with blasters still in hand.

Looking to the others to see if they were ready he nodded back to the nameless noblewoman. "Lead the way."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Click to reveal.. (OOC)
Why do I feel like a bride left at the alter? Probably because I had been waiting for some player interaction from Joram. wink Sorry I had no time to post more and I don't want to hold us up.

Akira silently follows along after Joram.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The trek to the infirmary was a tense one. The woman said little else aside from a few babbled explanations that Dari consoled her on. The stone, moonlit corridors bathed them in an eerie grayish-blue light that did little to ease their rising sense of terror and pangs anticipation as to what it was they were about to be introduced to.

Several people were already gathered outside the door, including Icei Avi, the Jedi. She had her arms folded and her wings draped around her like a leathery mantle. The two claws on the joint were clasped together, locking the 'cloak' around he neck. A few men from behind the party rushed up to pass them, holding arm fulls of body bags, a grim portent to what lay ahead.

IT was just as they feared as they stepped past the threshold. Death and slaughter were all this room had become. The injured and dying who had come here for respite had all been lain low by a monstrous individual. Gurneys and hospital beds had been seared in two, slicing the individuals in half and some looked like the assailant didn't stop with a single blow, flailing wildly until the body hit the floor in nothing randomized bits of organic kibble. Although it was mostly men, soldiers brought here during the fighting, a few woman and children brought here for safety had fallen victim as well and it seemed they were afforded no mercy.

One thing was obvious, this was no assassination. This was sadistic slaughter...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joram moved into the infirmary and examined the carnage with grim determination. This had been done with a lightsaber. He turned to the full Jedi, "Have the masters been informed that there is another Sith present?"

From the look of things someone with a lightsaber had moved through this room with a lust for destruction that would be the hallmark of the Sith. The perpetrator had reveled in the acts, but Joram did all he could to maintain composure. Anger was of the darkside, it would serve no purpose here. He kept telling himself that, but it was hard to fight it down looking at the carnage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Akira watches her fellow Padawan examine the wreckage that is the infirmary. She turns to the little droid that has been following them around and asks, "Little fella, are you recording this scene? We might need to review this evidence later."

<<Response Stargazer>>

Then she turns to Master Icei Avi and asks, "Master, has someone informed the other masters or searched for the disturbance in the Force left by this Sith murderer? Though I am not strong in the Force I would be willing to try." If permitted she will close her eyes and search for the Force Users.

<<Response Master Avi>>

Click to reveal.. (Action)
If permitted since Masters are touchy about this.

See Force Check (1d20+5=24) Cost 3 VP

Otherwise she will inquire, "Has anyone checked the Ambassador yet? With another Sith running around, perhaps this is only to delay us from catching up to him while he tries to finish the assassination attempt." Despite the carnage in the infirmary, Akira is ready to leave immediately. There is more going on and she feels a sense of urgency, now is not the time to mourn, that will come later.

<<Response Anyone>>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

R2-FX's reply to the Jedi was a somber affirmative. While he didn't have emotions, per-se, there were algorithms that labeled this input of data 'disturbing'; and the little droid didn't like it, the data or the 'feeling'.

He hovered above the ground, putting his recording unit at standard humanoid eye-level, and recorded everything, then he went through, again, and recorded everything when his treads were just barely floating above the floor.

That was one good thing about this carnage having been done by a lightsaber... there weren't any pools of blood on the floor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While the two Jedi stepped in and began asking questions and giving directions, Dari stopped at the door, taking a moment to assess the situation.. and to try not to be sick. Doing the latter required her to shut her eyes against the carnage for a moment, and when she felt her fists unclench enough that her nails were no longer pressing painfully into her palms, she opened them and stepped forward.

"Jedi Akira is right.. someone should check on my father."

She paused briefly, considering the situation - everything in her screamed to go running down to the hangar bay and check on him herself, but she knew if he was in this condition, she might lose it. It was her responsibility to her father to hold this group together, and she swallowed slightly, knowing that her responsibilities prevented her from rushing to his side. She turned to the two Jedi, motioning in the direction of the hangar bay.

"Could I please ask one of you two do it? Take a couple people with you for backup. If one of you could remain here.. and you.. you're an R2 unit, aren't you? If you would be so kind, I would appreciate a copy of the data you're recording once you've finished."

She turned to two of the rebels, and motioned slightly towards the carnage of the room.

"We need to finish loading these bodies up, and we need to prepare to leave this planet. Identification of the bodies will have to wait, we must assume the Imperial army knows our location, and we have to retreat to safety for now before they can send anyone else after us."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I'll check on him." He could see the concern in Dari's eyes. He was sure if his mother or father was lying nearly helpless with an assassin on the loose he'd want to run to their side and protect them. It must be hard to be in command. He admired her will, it bordered on Jedi focus.

"You two come with me." He singled out two of the armed men just standing around, then saluted Dari and Master Avi and then turned and started a slow run down to the hanger bay and to the ship where Dari's father lay recovering. He had lightsaber in hand but deactivated ready to react on an instant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote:
Joram moved into the infirmary and examined the carnage with grim determination. This had been done with a lightsaber. He turned to the full Jedi, "Have the masters been informed that there is another Sith present?"


"No longer, Padawan Joram." Avi sad coldly. Although she was the most powerful of the 'Jedi Masters', she herself did not accept the rank of 'Master', nor did she take on a Padawan. If Sen Udo-Mal had an equal or second in terms of power however, no one argued her strength in the Force. "The agent responsible for this has fled."


Quote:
Then she turns to Master Icei Avi and asks, "Master, has someone informed the other masters or searched for the disturbance in the Force left by this Sith murderer? Though I am not strong in the Force I would be willing to try." If permitted she will close her eyes and search for the Force Users.

Otherwise she will inquire, "Has anyone checked the Ambassador yet? With another Sith running around, perhaps this is only to delay us from catching up to him while he tries to finish the assassination attempt." Despite the carnage in the infirmary, Akira is ready to leave immediately. There is more going on and she feels a sense of urgency, now is not the time to mourn, that will come later.


She quietly unzipped one of the body bags. She didn't say anything about being called 'Master', in essence she was, to them. It irritated her to no end, but as the two Padawans knew... Icei Avi was always irritated about something. From the inner folds of the corpse of Master Sen Udo-Mal came into Akira's view. "Here is your disturbance, Padawan. The assassin was sent for Master Udo-Mal, assaulting the Ambassador and this attack was merely a means of inciting chaos and separating him from us, his protectors." It was like she didn't care he was dead.

Quietly she zipped the bag back up and now that Akira was enlightened to the truth she noticed Master Udo-Mal's lightsaber clicked upon Avi's belt. Kept for safe keeping until his body could be burned in a proper Jedi funeral rite. "Your father is safe, young lady." The winged woman said rather coldly, inciting an almost jealous tone from the Jedi about how their most precious member was taken from them for the sake of a noble with more ideals than sense. Then again, Icei always sounded rude and condescending, she couldn't help it. "But, collect him any way, we have security footage to review..."

From one of the dark shadows of the room up high in the corner, down floated an orb the size of a human childs' head. "The temple's security we knew would not be functional after all these years, so we brought some of our own." She said grimly. Meet all of us aboard our (the Jedi's) ship in one hour. She looked to the Padawans. "Assist how you can, I will inform your Masters you are occupied with helping with the clean up."

Click to reveal..
Finish up your RP and we'll move on. Akira, the Sense Force check did not sense anything unusual (the Sith is way out of your range) aside from the usual soft glows of Force-Users.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...