Star Wars: The New Sith Empire - Star Wars: OOC Thread

Dave ST

Quote:
What about the ships that everybody came in? Where are those (and the same question as before)?
Some are in the hangar, other have landed in various spots outside the temple. There are only about 10 or so (3 in the Hangar, 4 outside, 3 personally owned and docked out side away from the others). People came in large groups, packing themselves into ships, except the privately owned ones, like a few mercs and Dari.

To that note, I'm not sure why you're asking about the modifications of other people's ships. R2-FX has no way of knowing those things.

Quote:
So we're still back to 'is it hardware?' (can't fix in time), or 'is it software?' (which he may or may not be able to fix in time to be of use).

It's both. The place was blown up, shot up, and left in ruins. The hardware is jacked up and the software isn't faring any better, not after 120 years of being left to rot.

It would take R2-FX hours of work to get the software in a condition to where it would work again considering the levels of binary decay he'd have to repair.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Dave ST
2. Uod-Mal is not your Master, he can scold in public.

He's just the Master of our Order. wink Guess he can do what he wants.

I vote summary totals at appropriate intervals to ensure the math is right, since I am sure the GM will have that in his notes. Then we can update our sheets at that time, if we update as we go along at every post, mistakes can happen and there doesn't appear to be an undo button.

Going back to review where it came from sounds good.

Quote:
Some are in the hangar, other have landed in various spots outside the temple. There are only about 10 or so (3 in the Hangar, 4 outside, 3 personally owned and docked out side away from the others). People came in large groups, packing themselves into ships, except the privately owned ones, like a few mercs and Dari.

To that note, I'm not sure why you're asking about the modifications of other people's ships. R2-FX has no way of knowing those things.

Some mods are obvious, others are not (extra weapons are visible, an upgraded sensor package may or may not), and bounty hunters/mercs can be assumed to be highly modified. That was why I was asking about any mods that he might know about.

Basically I was wanting to know what ship he thinks would have the best sensor package, because that's the ship that he's going to try and 'procure' first. Get an idea of what's going on.

Dari; Just wondering.

She can lift 130kg based on her Strength and stagger around. She can drag double that.

So I am not clear why a roll for this action would be required, if her father is cooperative, which I assume he is. If her father did not cooperate then a grapple check would seem appropriate to achieve a pin first.

She's not as familair with the rules as some of us. I'm sure she was just covering her bases in case I asked her for one later. Some GMs are picky that way.

Generally if you include a roll that isn't necessary, I just ignore it and assume success, but it helps when people think ahead (as long as it isn't too far ahead).

I've added Birssk as an NPC.

Dave nailed it - I'm much more used to White Wolf d10 systems, and I was on a computer where I didn't have access to the SW rulebook, so I just assumed I needed one. In WW I probably would have, lifting a man who was mostly dead weight isn't necessarily something your average human is capable of.

Originally Posted By: Stargaizer
Quote:

Some mods are obvious, others are not (extra weapons are visible, an upgraded sensor package may or may not), and bounty hunters/mercs can be assumed to be highly modified. That was why I was asking about any mods that he might know about.

Basically I was wanting to know what ship he thinks would have the best sensor package, because that's the ship that he's going to try and 'procure' first. Get an idea of what's going on.

Star, if we assume Layel's ship (called the Swamp Wraith) is in the hangar, and R2's looking at it, it's a VCX-700.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/VCX-700_heavy_courier

Well, it looks like Layel is the one with the ship. I recall saying that I was only to allow one of you guys to have a ship(to keep you together and on the same missions for awhile). Layel's ship, The Swamp Wraith will replace the ship I was going to have the Galactic Alliance assign to you guys.

The Freedom's Ascension will be replaced by the... Swamp Wraith.

Oh yeah... nothing spells 'hope' and 'allegiance' than diplomats showing up in the Swamp Wraith.

You guys kill me sometimes. laugh

Well, it looks like Layel is the one with the ship. I recall saying that I was only to allow one of you guys to have a ship(to keep you together and on the same missions for awhile). Layel's ship, The Swamp Wraith will replace the ship I was going to have the Galactic Alliance assign to you guys.

The Freedom's Ascension will be replaced by the... Swamp Wraith.

Oh yeah... nothing spells 'hope' and 'allegiance' than diplomats showing up in the Swamp Wraith.

You guys kill me sometimes. laugh

Let me point out that I was just fleshing out stuff. I never said we had to use it. But... GM decision, folks.

And just one thing, I believe I said that Gehenna, Layel's birth planet is a swamp planet much like Dagobah, except the presence of smugglers. It makes sense he might name it that. Hell, Han named one of his previous ships after an ex-girlfriend. Of course, Bria does sound better than Swamp Wraith. laugh

Originally Posted By: Layel Haete
Let me point out that I was just fleshing out stuff. I never said we had to use it.

Actually, you're right. We'll get feedback from the rest of he participants and go from there. Either way, Layel's ship is stated out for use when he finally gets the opportunity to use it.

Well, I, for one, was just going to assume that that was the ship that FX had rolled up to. Now that I know what the ship is/looks like, I think I'm going to have him try and get inside and move it closer to the action (on repulsorlifts only, of course).

I'm hoping that my post isn't trying to do too much. He's trying to get on the ship, go to the cockpit, fire up the communications system and then send a message to the people in the ruins. (and then he's going to try and hack the lambda shuttles remotely). I can cut the last action if you want, or I can just leave it up and not post next 'round'...

Also, I don't know if you need rolls for everything that I rolled for, if you don't just ignore them, if you do they're there.

Thanks.

This would be a good time for one of the more charismatic people still left in the temple to try and get everybody's attention and say something like "this isn't the end of the alliance, they've simply given us our first opportunity to show them our solidarity" (or something like that)...

... of course, you didn't hear this from me; you came up with it completely on your own.

Let me point out that I was just fleshing out stuff. I never said we had to use it.

Actually, you're right. We'll get feedback from the rest of he participants and go from there. Either way, Layel's ship is stated out for use when he finally gets the opportunity to use it.

Works for me, name's just a name. "Wraith" implies stealth and power, if it's painted green, explains 'Swamp'. wink

BTW, I just got out of bed today while taking a 1/2 sick day from work. This has slowed me down, but I should be able to post tonight if I am on the road to recovery.

[This is a "Dave's patience is wearing thin" post.]

Quote:
You said the other Jedi didn’t have theirs, but it wasn’t clear if you consider all Akira's possessions as her “gear”. Not sure why she would leave her comlink and chronometer behind, same with her credit chip.

Credit chips are not technically 'gear', I assume the PCs keep their 'wallets' on them. Her chornometer tells her the time and date, if she'd want it I don't think her master would mind.

As for the comlink, you were going to a diplomatic function where you wouldn't need them. Especially Akira who has a hands free one that slips over her head/ear. Wearing your comlink at the function would have been rude, like wearing a hat indoors. Like the other Jedi, she was told to keep it with her belongings on the ship the Jedi arrived on.

Now, if you guys could get around to actually handling the Imperial problem and quit farting around with comlinks and whining about the gear you don't currently have with you while Layel and Joram get their asses shot off then maybe I could get to the next scene where you've had a few moments to prepare and get some of your gear (if Dari would have time to get changed and gather her equipment, what makes you think I wouldn't grant the same for the other PCs who didn't have their stuff?).

It's no wonder the Sith have run things for 120 years.

[This is a "Dave's patience is wearing thin" post.]

As for the comlink, you were going to a diplomatic function where you wouldn't need them. Especially Akira who has a hands free one that slips over her head/ear. Wearing your comlink at the function would have been rude, like wearing a hat indoors. Like the other Jedi, she was told to keep it with her belongings on the ship the Jedi arrived on.

Now, if you guys could get around to actually handling the Imperial problem and quit farting around with comlinks and whining about the gear you don't currently have with you while Layel and Joram get their asses shot off then maybe I could get to the next scene where you've had a few moments to prepare and get some of your gear (if Dari would have time to get changed and gather her equipment, what makes you think I wouldn't grant the same for the other PCs who didn't have their stuff?).

It's no wonder the Sith have run things for 120 years.

Thanks, when buying my stuff, what I really wanted was an earbud comlink that is in the Saga books, but couldn't find it. But it doesn't really matter.

Since Dari in her first reaction is not coming and starting a speech that takes several rounds, then I would assume Akira and her master are not waiting to hear it. Since she is shackled with her master, I am stuck IC. That's why I asked about me posting their actions.

So by "you guys" you mean me. Frankly I did not think we had the time to wait for Dari to collect her belongings, nor to walk even. The masters are Force Locating Joram, is that just one round action, and we are ready to follow Joram once we reach the entrance?

BTW at time of posting this, I only have 1 hour left today, so it will be probably 12 hours before I will be back on-line.

Dave, I noticed you didn't use my rolls to get into the ship or to access the communication system. So, if I were to start up the ship, would I need a computer use roll, or just a pilot to get it going in the right direction?

Once the others post, naturally.

Just me, but I think all you would need to do is make a Computer Use check if you want to use the sensors to find the shuttles (if that's what you're looking for), for which the rules are on pg. 211 of the Core Rulebook.

Otherwise, I would presume that the currently piloting out of combat and activating the ship would be basic rote actions that require no roll.

And if you do choose to take the Swamp Wraith out to battle... Bring it back in one piece R2. That and it would take a free action to power shields and a move action for the powering of weapons.

Disclaimer: You guys all know my schedule sucks. This means I'm willing to try and run something, despite my time being short. That's why I want to run this as an experiment, to see how it goes. The more effort we make into making this work, the more fun we'll have.

He put this up front, so we all knew it starting out... I guess with how well things were starting out, I thought it would take longer, or wouldn't happen. Oh well, I can be patient.

I am cool with that, as long as it doesn't stall out completely.

It would be nice to have a heads up for an extended outage (1-2 days) if at all possible. That is usually the courtesy of all participants in most games I play in. But RL sometimes gets in the way of that too.

Just an FYI, since Dave is at work. We lost internet service for a little over 48 hours, without warning- it would have been difficult to give you a heads-up since the outage was unexpected. Service just returned to normal about twenty minutes ago, and I'm sure he'll get back to posting when he gets home later this evening.

I was just trying to say that absenses on Dave's part weren't unexpected; though I do appreciate the explination Vivi.

And I agree with Layel, I'm glad everything is back to 'normal'. I know how much it sucks at home when our internet goes out.

Well, there's a reasonable explanation, Akira. Good to hear everything's back to normal in Dave-town.

Why yes it is. smile Much better than no news at all.

FYI, heading into busy weekend for me so I will be slow posting anything of significance, only having 1-2 hours per day.

Edit: I guess I should have more faith. Being new here, my only other game went inactive with the GM's disappearance, so... And other places, GMs frequently don't post for 2-3 days and we players are wondering if they ever are coming back. But, I am patient. Just making sure Dave didn't get annoyed with me and took a vacation. grin

Sorry for the delay guys, as Vivi said, the internet died so a formal declaration of delay wasn't possible. But here I is and I'll work on getting you guys some replies soon.

Quote:
Dave, I noticed you didn't use my rolls to get into the ship or to access the communication system. So, if I were to start up the ship, would I need a computer use roll, or just a pilot to get it going in the right direction?

I didn't have to use your roll to get into the ship, your post already included you letting yourself in and driving up to the cockpit.

R2-FX - "So, since he was in the system anyway, he opened the outer door and made his way up to the cockpit."

You would have failed the roll and never made it into the ship. Hacking a private vessel is not a DC 25 task, but you took it upon yourself to let yourself in so I ignored the roll and allowed it. Hell, it's not my ship you're stealing.

Powering up the engines and 'shipjacking' a starship is not easy, and since Layel hasn't given you the 'keys'... you'll have to hack the system and power it all up yourself.

"But you already let me in the system..."

I let you in to use the phone, if you wanna drive off with the whole Winnebago you'll have to hot wire it and steal the ship all proper-like.

Well, Star/R2 seems determined to pull this off, and a +16 to the skill may just work well, you know. It's not like Layel is in a position to stop the rust-bucket.

And anyhow, are you making up the rules for Lambda shuttles, or using the ones from Starships of the Galaxy?

I should warn you that the SoG shuttle can be beaten by the Swamp Wraith at 1:1 or 1:2 ratios.

I should warn you that the SoG shuttle can be beaten by the Swamp Wraith at 1:1 or 1:2 ratios.

I'm just using stock models so I certainly encourage the droid to take his chances. smile

I had a question a few days back that wasn't answered yet, and it is holding me up on posting.

Am I allowed to post actions and conversations with the two Jedi Masters in company with Akira? I was assuming they are the purview of the GM since they are named NPCs and all.

In regards to your next to last post, thank you and I understand.

Moving on, I have a question, and while I'm pretty sure that you're probably going to shoot it down, and laugh while doing so, I'm going to ask anyway to be sure.

Assuming that FX can shipjack the Swamp Wraith and maneuver it within weapons range of the lambda shuttles, and assuming that the shuttles are all landed and stationary like, would it be possible for FX to use the computer or some such to 'line up' some shots ahead of time? Basically, either program the different weapons systems to fire at the different shuttles and fire them all at once or (as I assume) if they can't independently target, then he could find the precise orientation and declination of the ship needed to hit the shuttles, and program those orientations into the autopilot or some such, and then just activate the weapon systems at the appropriate position/time.

This is all assuming that the shuttles don't move while he's doing this and that he can get close enough, undetected, for long enough that he can do all of this. (and of course that you would allow a stunt like this)

Click to reveal..
Again, I'm fully expecting that you're going to shoot this down, but hoping that you don't. So I am just asking, with no expectation either way, and whatever you say is fine by me; no arguments

Oh, and glad your internet is back up and working.

Quote:
Am I allowed to post actions and conversations with the two Jedi Masters in company with Akira? I was assuming they are the purview of the GM since they are named NPCs and all.

For the Jedi, I'd prefer it if people allowed me to handle them, since each has a distinct personality.

Quote:
Assuming that FX can shipjack the Swamp Wraith and maneuver it within weapons range of the lambda shuttles, and assuming that the shuttles are all landed and stationary like, would it be possible for FX to use the computer or some such to 'line up' some shots ahead of time? Basically, either program the different weapons systems to fire at the different shuttles and fire them all at once or (as I assume) if they can't independently target, then he could find the precise orientation and declination of the ship needed to hit the shuttles, and program those orientations into the autopilot or some such, and then just activate the weapon systems at the appropriate position/time.

Well, you'd have to first maneuver the ship with the firing arc facing the targets. It would then take you 1 round for each ship you with to 'line up'. You could only do this with the missiles.

The ships are on the jungle floor, below the canopy of the trees in a clearing. While the clearing itself is open, the trees are tall which means the ship do have cover and concealment at any range greater than point-blank (unless of course they move for some reason). Missiles are 'smart' weapons, but they can still hit obstacles or suffer penalties to their attack due to maneuvers, concealment, etc...

Now, the 'battle' will be starting soon after I resolve Joram's post...

The base statistics of the Galactic Alliance Forces were:
Defense: 14
Attack Bonus: +4
Damage: 2d6
Troops: 70

Layel - Success at convincing the mercenaries to join the Alliance's cause... +20 troops.

Layel - Successfully calling Birrsk's honor and manhood into question enough that he'd look like a pussy if he didn't stay and help at this point... +2 damage (Trandoshan rage! RAWR!).

Joram & R2-FX - Providing both an inspiring speech and presentation for the assembled in the Great Hall. With the Jedi with them, there's no way they could lose... +2 defense.

Dari & Akira - Inspiring the people to aspire in becoming more than just slaves and pawns of the Sith Empire... +2 attack.

Your final army statistics are...
Defense: 16
Attack Bonus: +6
Damage: 2d6+2
Troops: 90

Over all, not a bad job guys (n' gal). Told ya you were being graded. smile

For the Jedi, I'd prefer it if people allowed me to handle them, since each has a distinct personality.

No problem. If the Jedi Master are going to take time to locate Joram, providing Akira the choice of waiting patiently or getting her gear, she'll go get her gear. I will put that IC now then, for the record, if you will allow before starting the battle.

Archived