Star Wars: The New Sith Empire - Star Wars: OOC Thread

Dave ST

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dari, it may be because I listened to the stories on audio and they were abridged, so I may have missed some crucial stuff thanks to poor editing, but I had issues with the Jacen storyline after the Yuhzon Vong were defeated. He was fine during that story, it was what came later that bothers me.

(If you have not read the later books do not read my spoiler.)

Click to reveal..

I don't want to ruin it for anyone that hasn't read them, but I really have a problem with how cheaply they trashed the main characters. Chewbacca was alright, he died saving people and it took crashing an entire moon into him to kill him. That was 'BIG' and appropriate for the character, and there was far more emotional fallout from that than from the solo kids dying. Han was seriously fucked up after he lost Chewie, but one of his children dies uselessly in the Vong invasion and it gets glossed over (relative to chewie's death), then later Jason becomes a sith lord and does horrible things and finally is killed by his twin, and what? Nothing. Granted I haven't read any books that come after that yet, but seriously, I had issues with the story line, and I hate that they killed them off the way they did. It will take some seriously good writing to come back from that crap. Btw, I'm not one who needs a Hollywood happy ending on every story, but I do like for my main characters to die in some way that gives their life meaning, or is big and sends ripples of consequence outward through the rest of the story.

Personally I wasn't too pleased with the Vong at all, the entire storyline was crap from start to finish. I like to pretend they didn't happen. smile

Darth Caedeus, IMO, was about as fearsome of a Sith as a freakin Ewok would be to a Rancor. Barring the usual ewok jokes about hot how they beat stormtroopers with bow and spears.

Darth Caedeus was just... an emo bitch. It's like they tried to make use of the self loathing and pain of loss that Darth Vader made famous and rehash it in him. IMO it was already done by Vader and he did it best. Despite being a wreck of a man, for a Jedi and a Sith, Ankin Skywalker was one hell of a wise man who learned everything the wrong way. By the time he realized it it was too late and even he knew that. Caedeus was just a chump.

Click to reveal.. (More book discussion...)
That's a shame. Like I said, I just read wookiepedia stuff on it, from which I basically got that Jacen became a Sith because he was tricked (??) into thinking it was what was best for the universe or something like that. And it sounded like an interesting concept. But honestly.. I kept interest in the books through (chronologically) about the Corellian trilogy, and then it died off. I think the release of the prequels had something to do with that.. while I was okay with the overall story a lot of the inconsistencies pissed me off, and while I will always be a great fan, it dulled my "SW-Mania" a bit. The original trilogy, and some of the books that came after, are by far my favorite parts of the universe. I've heard that KotOR stuff rocks pretty hard but I was kind of over it at that point and have stuck with being kind of an old school fan, I suppose. Although this game has kind of put me in the mood to go read some old books.. I still have a bunch.. hehe.

P.S.-

Was feeling a bit drained today, sorry for the lack of post. Will get one up by afternoon tomorrow at the latest.

S'okay, I'll be at work until 10:00 tonight so it should give you guys all day to post and mingle with each other and the crowd. I'll give everyone the rest of today to make their Diplomacy/Intimidate checks (for those interested) and then move things forward.

Keep in mind, if you do not post an intent of action on a post, or include a skill roll, then I consider the post RP fluff. I rely on spoiler boxes to let me know (and as an archive) of actions made by your PCs. Once I move a scene forward there is no going back. I know it sucks but I'm not a big fan of 'I forgot to make a roll for such and such... lemme take care of that, sorry'.

So if you meant to use Gather Information on the Bartender in a Cantina, forgot and the story moves forward, then you simply forgot. It happens.

Just wondering, how are you planning to distribute XP rewards?

With regards to moving things forward, I hitched Akira to Dari's bandwagon, with the intent to assist her in Diplomacy checks (Taking the Aid another actions as appropriate) while playing bodyguard. Since she wasn't able to post today, I didn't have much to work with. But if it's really important that we exercise our people skills in this scene, Dari and Akira may need a few exchanges and that could take a few days RL if she's also busy over the weekend.

BTW, right now it's just after 1:00am (in Japan) for me, so all day for you guys (in North America??) is a half a day removed. My weekend schedule is such that it could be 18-20 hours before I am back at my PC again. I might get lucky and get 30 minutes after breakfast, but no promises.

Originally Posted By: Akira
Just wondering, how are you planning to distribute XP rewards?

With regards to moving things forward, I hitched Akira to Dari's bandwagon, with the intent to assist her in Diplomacy checks (Taking the Aid another actions as appropriate) while playing bodyguard.

Generally the person who makes the skill check claims the reward. This might sound harsh, but I've sat at too many tables where GMs hand out XP for successful skill rolls and there's always a player who insists on using 'aid another', even for skills their character knows absolutely nothing about, and claim they deserve the reward to because 'they helped'.

In my opinion, no, they didn't help. They provided a +2 bonus to the roll, sure, but that doesn't mean a player deserves to be rewarded by riding on the coat tails of someone elses's talent. I've seen it handled several ways, I generally apply it to the skill roller, as this usually encourages other PCs to consider buying some actual skills.

Now, there may be times when an aid another action is quite helpful and it's during those times where, if there is an award involved I take that into consideration and offer up the reward to all who participated, providing they were actually helpful.

Real Quick as I try to read everything.

Since I play on multiple boards and forums, everyone is different, and I am still trying to 'grok' the style here. I guess I should have asked this question last week.

So Skill checks are rewarded, this explains some of the criticism of my guardian build, but also rewards skill mongers. And players can create the encounter themselves too, eh? Since I DM elsewhere, the liberties the other players were taking raised an eyebrow for myself.

So what else are you rewarding for? Role-play bonuses and participation? I assume combat, but I better ask to be sure. Are you as GM going to plan things with balance so we all will progress pretty much equally, or do I have to look out for myself and grab as much XP whenever I can?

I am still feeling my way around the style here at RPG-Post, and it is different (from my limited experience on only 1 other, failed game anyway).

Rev has basically said to mingle and interact. We are creating that interaction. The general rule of thumb (unless you've been given permission for more) is to not do anything that would effect the game. Don't assume success in things. My little scene just now, for example, I set the characters and the situation and presented what Joram did, but left the success or failure of the situation up to Rev to decide.

Depending on the game and the ST here some will want you to take more of the scene into your own hands, some less. And never 'control' the actions of other PCs in the game unless they give you permission.

Hmm... I think that sums it up. Of course, it's Rev's game so he can fine tune that and tell you what specifically he likes or doesn't like.

Yup, that's pretty much what I did, too. Set up a situation, did a bit of the preliminary interaction (of course she's going to have some objection, that's the point of this scene is to do the diplomatic stuff and get to know each other a bit, as Rev has stated). This kind of interaction (with the players setting up a bit of the situations and scenes themselves) accomplishes a couple of things. First of all, it keeps the game moving a bit quicker. Instead of constantly having to rely on the GM to not only come up with all the plot, history, and NPCs, it lets the GM focus on all the stuff they're already focusing on - after all, they've got a pretty heavy load. Also, having several people's creative input into the game gives it a very rich, flushed-out feel, in my opinion.

Other than that, Fox pretty much hit the nail on the head with his two rules. Welcome to the boards, and I hope you enjoy the games once you get the hang of the new style!

It is a far cry from some of my other games, where a player's only post for 2-3 days is one sentence of conversation, without any actions or description of what their character is doing.

Given my impressions before I asked this morning, I was considering manufacturing an assailant or something, but don't want it to be contrived just have a chance to roll dice.

I suppose I can post it and retract/edit it if I cross a line. I assume no one with smack me for a rookie mistake. grin

Quote:
So Skill checks are rewarded, this explains some of the criticism of my guardian build, but also rewards skill mongers. And players can create the encounter themselves too, eh? Since I DM elsewhere, the liberties the other players were taking raised an eyebrow for myself.

Actually this is an excellent question and topic to address, thank you for bringing it up. There's really no such thing as a 'skill monger' in d20. You're given skill points, you might as well spend them, with one caveat: the skills should really suit the character.

I tend not to argue with players... *looks at the veterans of RPG-Post* Okay, I try not to argue with the players. At least not much anymore. The reason being is that everyone has their own particular style of play and thee is not right or wrong way to play the game. I've grown to accept (sort of) that if a player wants to built their PC a particualr way, that's thier business. That's why I offered criticisim when you asked for some, but didn't tell you (or any other player) one or the other how to make their PC.

As far the interaction of the other PCs and them creating their own NPCs, try and keep this in mind: we're writing a story, not playing a game.

What does that mean? Well, think about it, when you watch Star Wars do you have some subtitle telling you what they rolled or what skill they used? No. They simply let the story flow, and you watch, entertained. We're no different around here at RPG-Post, we tend to write in narritives and control the story (within reason of what the GM will allow) and go with the flow. Winning and losing or 'playing the game' take a back seat to telling a good story.

As a reader we don't want to read about Layel, we want to feel Layel. We want to, like you do with a good book, subsume ourselves into his role and understand why he's pissed off at the Sith, we want to worry when he's close to death in combat, I wanna cheer or let out a sigh of relief when he storms his speeder through the final curve of Beggars Canyon and loses the last two thugs in a dramatic series of dramatic explosions. As a reader I don't care that he rolled a 22 on his pilot check... I wanna skip ahead a few posts and see what the GM and Layel have written for the results... I wanna see how the story turns out!

Take the time to study the interaction with Layel and Ranner, or the other players their respective NPCs. Note a few things:
1. Layel made his skill roll into a post. His intimidation was 'RPed' out by the use of him getting up in their faces and telling them what he thought about their cowardice.

2. He didn't 'dominate' the NPCs. Despite intimidating them he left the final result of the scene up to my (the GM) discretion. Nothing is worse than manhandling NPCs simply because they're NPCs and you're the Hero. I run NPCs like everyday people with their own lives, not a general populace waiting to bend over and take in the coco starfish just because some 'Hero' needs to feel better about themselves.

It takes time to get used to (it took me about 3-6 months to write my first fiction) but once you get the hang of it, it's cake and a lot of fun. We're here to help, so don't be afraid to ask.

Quote:
So what else are you rewarding for? Role-play bonuses and participation? I assume combat, but I better ask to be sure. Are you as GM going to plan things with balance so we all will progress pretty much equally, or do I have to look out for myself and grab as much XP whenever I can?

Good question. Rewards break down, but are not limited to:

Success - Completing objectives earns XP for all players involved.

Failure - Failing to complete objectives also earn XP for all players involved. Not as much as success though.

Successful Skill Usage - Sometimes using skills may award you XP. This is not always the case, but it pays to make an attempt. Generally the higher degree of success, in comparison to the challenge to the Skill User, the more XP that is awarded

Failed Skill Usage - We all fail, and if you screw up with style you might get something for it. Allow me to show you a failed use of the Bluff Skill:

Click to reveal..
Han: "Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal.
Imperial Officer: "What happened?"
Han: "We had a slight weapons malfunction, but, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine, we're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"
Imperial Officer: "We're sending a squad up."
Han: "Uh, negative, negative. We have a, a reactor leak here, ah, now. Give us a few minutes to lock it down. Large leak, very dangerous."
Imperial Officer: "Who is this? What's your operating number?"
Han: (Han picks up a blaster and shoots the microphone) "Boring conversation anyway. Luke, we're gonna have company!"

Combat - XP is awarded per encounter, not per enemy. All participants in the combat are rewarded equally providing they are conscious at the end of the combat.

Role Play - Role Play and participation are important. Providing you make an effort and participate in the game, you'll get something.

Heroics - Overcoming objectives with flair, style and panache are worth something. Overcoming an enemy creatively, without drawing on the Force, or even bypassing encounters completely can net you bonus XP, as can self-sacrifice or succeeding against all odds.

All Kinds of Other Things- The list is endless. I do not always award XP, even if the situation is similar to a previous time where I did award it. The reason for this is simple: you never know what will net you the opportunity gain something for doing something you should be doing anyway - Participating.

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
There's really no such thing as a 'skill monger' in d20. You're given skill points, you might as well spend them, with one caveat: the skills should really suit the character.

So remind me again, why aren't we playing Saga Edition? Just kidding. wink

As far the interaction of the other PCs and them creating their own NPCs, try and keep this in mind: we're writing a story, not playing a game.

Thus "ST" stands for Story Teller? That answers a question that I hadn't gotten around to asking.

we're writing a story, not playing a game. What does that mean?

Well I always view my PbP role-playing like a scene in a TV show trying to make it flow together. However, last time I had someone critique my writing about a battle scene they said it was like "bad fiction", of course that was January and before I really got into PbP gaming so I have gotten much better (I hope anyway). Well, I will just play it as I see it. I know how much work DMing can be, I run four PbP D&D games, but I didn't write the scenarios from scratch. I have also thought I was a better editor than writer, so I have not tried any free-form, collaborative story telling games before.

So I won't worry about skill checks so much and lack of XP rewards for them (particularly since most of Akira's regular skills are untrained anyway). I may not write great novelized material, but I will try to make up for it in other ways. grin

I try and keep things fair and keep the PCs fairly equal to each other in level and XP, which is why I randomize it a bit. Some of us have more time than others, I hate to punish players simply because RL got in the way of participating.

As far as the 'bad fiction' thing. I encourage you to try again. Wait til we get into our first combat, I have a way of making the most tiniest scratch sound like the grievous injury. I like to keep things fast paced, interesting and free-form (since we really don't use maps all that often).

Star-

Great work. Very nicely done, I sat down this morning and was like 'Woah, my little minions have been busy.' smile

I tried to jazz up R2-FX's reply as much as I could. It was late last night, and my wife had already told me it was time to go to bed, so that was the best I could do.

I think they turned out alright, they give a decent idea of what I pictured R2-FX doing.

Hope everyone enjoys.

Edit: Dave, treating it as an Aid Other roll is perfectly fine by me... he was trying to help after all. I just wasn't sure of the mechanics and so I figured I would just roll and let you do with it what you wanted.

I don't remember the book saying what type of altitude the repulsorlift can give a droid. Dave, is it enough (or could I do something to make it enough) to fly (or catapult, or whatever) out after him?

(possibly turn it on full blast, get some air, then turn it off, come back down, turn it on just before he hits the ground... spring like effect to catapult out the window...?)

Oh, and don't go too far, I won't be posting IC until tomorrow.

Is the assassin already through the window? I was considering an illusion to stop him. Edit: Nevermind this question, answered IC once I read it again.

Also I have some ideas on Akira's next move, but I need to know what Dari's first 2-3 seconds are.

I haven't decided yet to chase the Assassin or forcibly bodyguard Dari and go to her father.

Who is closer to the door, Akira or Joram? If it's Joram, then she will probably let him chase instead. Akira's Personal comlink is hands free, and I would assume that she uses it to communicate with her fellow Padawan and her Master (Leavae).

I also am not sure she has all of her gear, particularly her blaster. Other weapons probably yes, except maybe the Z2 Stun Baton , and anything in her Utility Belt. But a blaster strapped to her hip for this event maybe not appropriate.

Quote:
I don't remember the book saying what type of altitude the repulsorlift can give a droid. Dave, is it enough (or could I do something to make it enough) to fly (or catapult, or whatever) out after him?

It allows you hover over terrain. You are generally only a few feet off the ground, not enough thrust to 'fly' or 'catapult'.

Quote:
Who is closer to the door, Akira or Joram? If it's Joram, then she will probably let him chase instead. Akira's Personal comlink is hands free, and I would assume that she uses it to communicate with her fellow Padawan and her Master (Leavae).

Joram is most likely closest to the main entrance. None of the other Jedi have Comlinks. They weren't here to play security, they were here to meet and become a part of the alliance.

Quote:
I also am not sure she has all of her gear, particularly her blaster. Other weapons probably yes, except maybe the Z2 Stun Baton , and anything in her Utility Belt. But a blaster strapped to her hip for this event maybe not appropriate.

Like all the other Jedi present, you have your lightsaber and the Force. The only two things a Jedi needs.

The rest of her gear is on the ship the Jedi arrived on, close by in the temple's hangar bay.

Eh? Not even the Utility Belt huh.

Well her knife is in its usual place unless her Master wouldn't let her bring even her hidden weapons. Posting IC based on her having it, I can always edit it back out later.

Joram will give chase, but I won't be able to devote time to a post till later today.

Rev,

In my background I had written that Joram had been raised on Yavin IV... does that need to be changed to fit the story? If not, would he have some knowledge of the layout of the temple that might help in chasing the assassin?

Dave;

Does that mean I should remove my last paragraph? It looks like a Master brushed Akira aside so it's invalid.

It wasn't clear how far we were going to be allowed to go so I didn't want to be left behind overnight, but I will stay within 1-2 rounds of actions per exchange now that I know.

Also for the sake of clarification, the IC chastising of Akira is only for story purposes right, to cut off taking too many actions?

I wasn't sure if the Masters were going to take an active role as NPCs or if we were expected to. With 4 Ranks in Heal Another, she must know a little, possibly even learned from Master Udo-Mal.

Quote:
Does that mean I should remove my last paragraph? It looks like a Master brushed Akira aside so it's invalid.

Fixed it.

Quote:
It wasn't clear how far we were going to be allowed to go so I didn't want to be left behind overnight, but I will stay within 1-2 rounds of actions per exchange now that I know.

Outside of combat, try to limit your actions to what you think you could accomplish in a few moments of time, unless I inform you of a time limit (whatever you guys can accomplish in a single round let's say).

Quote:
Also for the sake of clarification, the IC chastising of Akira is only for story purposes right, to cut off taking too many actions?

I wasn't sure if the Masters were going to take an active role as NPCs or if we were expected to.

Why would they stand there and let him die? NPCs are characters in the story too, the act and move like anyone else. wink

Quote:
With 4 Ranks in Heal Another, she must know a little, possibly even learned from Master Udo-Mal.

That's what he said. He wasn't chastising her ability to use the Force, he was chastising her on how she learned to use the Force, but never bothered to learn anything about life itself (No ranks in Knowledge: Biology) or Treat Injury). There were far more qualified people present to assist the Ambassador but without even examining the severity of his injuries she set out to use the Force on him.

As a Padawan you are under constant scrutiny.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
Akira possesses no knowledge, of anything, at all, but the Force. It's all she knows and Master Udo-Mal is more than happy to remind her that because she is ignorant she not following the Code very well (a fact that disappoints him slightly). She has very little means of accomplishing anything unless the Force acts as her crutch.

Quote:

Fixed it.
Quote:
"Step aside child," Master Udo-Mal said calmly as he knelt opposite to Akira and placed his hands upon the body, closing his own eyes. "You act on ignorance stemming from a lack of knowledge," He said softly as he focused. "You know nothing of the body, or how the Force reacts to it to mend wounds and staunch bleeding yet you are quick make use of it when there are several others more qualified to help this man. Are you so eager show off your power?"

Not sure what you fixed, but I have since deleted everything but the 1st sentence of her last paragraph like I asked if I should. And removed the Heal Another check, since it had not had time to happen. This completely invalidates Odo-Mal's chastising since Akira hadn't had time to make a move on healing, therefore she is still doing what she knows best, weapon out and ready.

Not sure what you use as a rule of thumb for speaking during a round, but 6 seconds is about 15 words (18-20 syllables) unless you talk really fast.

That's what he said. He wasn't chastising her ability to use the Force, he was chastising her on how she learned to use the Force, but never bothered to learn anything about life itself (No ranks in Knowledge: Biology) or Treat Injury). Akira possesses no knowledge, of anything, at all, but the Force. It's all she knows and Master Udo-Mal is more than happy to remind her that because she is ignorant she not following the Code very well (a fact that disappoints him slightly). She has very little means of accomplishing anything unless the Force acts as her crutch.

Whatever, he can take it up with Master Leavae, who is responsible for her training.

If ranks in Treat Injury are necessary to perform Heal Another with the Force, then I will happily move those skill ranks somewhere else and let Dari take care of healing. This is what I really wanted to know, NPC's comments aside.

I wouldn't recommend it. Dari has a little bit of treat injury from minor experiencing patching up some of her actual father - the bounty hunter's - wounds. Nothing spectacular by any stretch of the imagination, and certainly nothing comparable to Jedi healing.

I think the point Dave is trying to make is that - in this particular scene, cause it's the beginning of our adventure - there's someone more qualified than your character present. That isn't to say your force healing isn't useful. It's just not quite as impressive as the NPC Jedi Master, who happens to be this scene. Kind of like if Dari had been giving the big introduction speech, instead of her father, who has infinitely more experience doing this whole Ambassador thing, and is way better at it. That doesn't mean the points are a waste - it just means we're lower level characters in an introductory "story flavor" type scene with a lot of big wig NPCs present.

If you'd just been shot in the back, would you rather have the veteran surgeon working on you.. or the resident?

I am just annoyed because, an NPC delivering a criticism that matches the GM's, is like beating a dead horse. What's done is done.

Originally Posted By: Master Udo-Mal
"You act on ignorance stemming from a lack of knowledge," He said softly as he focused. "You know nothing of the body, or how the Force reacts to it to mend wounds and staunch bleeding yet you are quick make use of it when there are several others more qualified to help this man. Are you so eager show off your power?"

To quote from Wookieepedia: "A Jedi Master is required to know that he must treat his Padawan with respect. He should never reprimand his Padawan in public, nor punish his Padawan for disagreeing with him. On the other hand, a Master should praise his Padawan, especially in the presence of others. This is too build the Padawan's confidence and strengthen the bond between Master and apprentice." wink

Actually I have no problem that someone else did the healing and the ruling that Akira took too many actions doesn't bother me either. I deleted the part of the post that exceeded her allowed time, so the Jedi Master's IC comments should be deleted/re-edited again for the same OOC reason, since they don't apply.

However the OOC explanation did not answer my technical questions, just explained the rational for an NPC to pick on a player character. What I really needed to know was if the actions were valid IF she was allowed to do them, but I should have been clearer. blush

Incidentally, it WAS actually 2 very good rolls of the dice, following Dari's Treat Injury assessment (at the time I was expecting Dari's results of the Treat Injury check to be communicated in response to her question when she posted, thinking it was teamwork effort).

So, Oda-Mal would need a 30+ on the skill check to get to roll 1d8+4 WP. 6 WP is better than average for anything less. smirk Master Udo-Mal could just have easily congratulated the Padawan on job well done, knowing that it was a good effort for one not as skilled.

1. When I say I fixed it, it's fixed. You don't edit it any further to escape your PC catching some flack. Everyone gets flack from time to time, its just how things go. It's not me picking on you. My NPCs move act and play their roles within the story just as efficiently as the players do. Udo-Mal would be well aware of the fact that, since she's been training with the other Jedi for years what skills and talents your PC has. Akira and Joram are like his own children.

I halted your action at the end of her second round of actions, as she was preparing to use Heal Another I will edit my post accordingly this time. If this happens again, someone editing a post, to escape their PC making a boo-boo, they'll be asked to leave the game.

2. Uod-Mal is not your Master, he can scold in public.

First instinct, the latter (blanket). On second thought, the former might be more interesting to see. That way we could see what exactly it is that's getting us the xp (so we can do more of it).

If you did it on a per-post basis, would you still keep track of it for us as you award it, or would it be our responsibility to go back and check our posts and keep a running track of how much we've earned?

Quick game questions: What ships does R2-FX know are in the hanger? (and do they have the standard, more or less functionality than normal (i.e. any mods or deficets that he knows of)).

Also, you said "The computer system isn't fully functional yet". Is that 'yet' because of missing hardware (i.e. they don't have cameras/sensors installed, in which case there's nothing he can do at the moment) or because it's not set up yet (i.e. lack of/old software, in which case he might actually be able to bring something online).

Quote:
If you did it on a per-post basis, would you still keep track of it for us as you award it, or would it be our responsibility to go back and check our posts and keep a running track of how much we've earned?

I don't track the sheets, it's your responsibility to keep them up to date.

At the end of each chapter (thread) I could post a blanket XP post that tells everyone how much they got total, even if you guys wanted to do it on the spot awarding, that way we don't have to go post by post to add it all up in the event of needing to audit a sheet.

Quote:
Quick game question: What ships does R2-FX know are in the hanger? (and do they have the standard, more or less functionality than normal (i.e. any mods or deficets that he knows of)).

This place has been wrecked. There's a reason I keep referring to it as 'ruins'. wink Everything is wasted or has been left to rust and rot away. There are a few Z-95s in various states of disrepair, but he's not even sure if they'll fly. He'd have to go and run diagnostics on them in order to know for sure.

Quote:
At the end of each chapter (thread) I could post a blanket XP post that tells everyone how much they got total, even if you guys wanted to do it on the spot awarding, that way we don't have to go post by post to add it all up in the event of needing to audit a sheet.

I think that would be best all around.

Quote:
This place has been wrecked. There's a reason I keep referring to it as 'ruins'. Everything is wasted or has been left to rust and rot away. There are a few Z-95s in various states of disrepair, but he's not even sure if they'll fly. He'd have to go and run diagnostics on them in order to know for sure.

Ok, fair enough. What about the ships that everybody came in? Where are those (and the same question as before)?

Quote:
Also, you said "With ninety percent of the bases systems off line" and "The computer system isn't fully functional yet". Is that 'yet' because of missing hardware (i.e. they don't have cameras/sensors installed, in which case there's nothing he can do at the moment) or because it's not set up yet (i.e. lack of/old software, in which case he might actually be able to bring something online).

I'll add this in because you'd already replied by the time I was able to edit it in to my last post. I'll also add that your 'off line' comment implies (to me) that the systems are there, just not working (of course, that could be hard or software related). So we're still back to 'is it hardware?' (can't fix in time), or 'is it software?' (which he may or may not be able to fix in time to be of use).

Archived