Star Wars: The New Sith Empire - Star Wars: OOC Thread

Dave ST

Alchemy - Dark Side Source Book

Battle Influence - Power of the Jedi Source Book

Plant Surge - Power of the Jedi Source Book

Malacia - Power of the Jedi Source Book

Transfer Essence - Dark Side Source Book

Drain Knowledge - Dark Side Source Book

None of which are avail to Force-Sensitives in this game... yet.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you do it the 72 skill point route...

40 points on skills. Select 5 skills and place 8 ranks in them.

-Bluff

-Diplomacy

-Intimidate

-Sense Motive

All of these are good choices, that can be further modified by the Empathy Force skill. I'd select one or two and place 8 ranks in them. Two more I'd place maybe 4 in each (and augment them with Empathy).

-Treat Injury

A good choice. Often overlooked because players think that since they have Heal Self and Heal Another that they can rely upon the Force all the time. Until they end up in a Force-dead area or a Dark Side nexus where the Light Side of the Force is weak...

-Listen

-Spot

Two excellent cross class options.

32 Points for Force Skills. Pick 4 to max or 3 to max and 2 to only put 4 ranks in. You will gain more skill points as time goes on.

-Battlemind

This can not be used untrained. At least one rank will assist you in offsetting the Consular's lack of combat prowess (especially if used with a full-defense and blaster deflection).

-Empathy

Great for a Consular.

-Force Defense

An all around bonus to Force skill saves is an excellent choice.

-Heal Another

-Heal Self

Staple Consular powers, further increased through the Jedi Healer prestige class (not avail yet). Don't rely on them though, make sure you take ranks in Treat Injury as well.

-See Force

Often overlooked. Why? I have no clue. The power to connect with the Living Force and detect Force users coupled with the ability to know the relative level of power of the Force within an area... great skill. Allows you 'sense disturbances in the Force', and what Jedi doesn't love saying that?

Hope that helps.

72 points, By not taking 1 level of guardian first and making Int 14. I suppose I can pull 2 points from Con to Int.

I took the level of guardian for the BAB at 1st level to use those two general feats on Weapon Focus and Finesse. Going straight Consular I would only get one of them and have to wait until 6th level for the other. I should look at what my 6th level feat would be to see if it makes a difference. Not knowing anything about the campaign, my impression was that we were going to be a little combat weak based on other characters. But apparently you don't think so.

I play a lot of D&D so I am familiar with many of the regular skills and their actually application.

Even though we are not looking at other character's sheets, I wasn't planning to fill a face role, but I can take Treat Injury to complement the Force Healing Skills since I did not think about those situations you mentioned.

I noticed on your list of Force skills, you did not mention

Enhance Ability, Force Stealth, and Enhance Sense. Could I please have your thoughts on them too?

Edit: Changed things around on Ability scores, skills and even feats. Kept the same level builds. Character Sheet

You may be a Guardian or a Consular, but not both. Especially not for the sole purpose of making sure you qualify for the Feats you want.

For Jedi, a divergence from their Profession (Consular or Guardian) comes in the form of Prestige Classes. A Guardian may one day decide to take up a 'Healer' role and become a Jedi Healer or Jedi Instructor and of, course, there is Jedi Master.

-Enhance Ability

Practically this works great for Consulars in allowing them enhance the stats (Dex, for Weapon Finess: Lightsaber or Str to augment damage) that allow them to compensate for low ability scores. When coupled with a high rating and Force Mastery it's incredibly useful. The downside is that it is CON based, which most Consulars have a lower stat in than other Professions.

-Force Stealth

This allows you to mask your presence from other Force-users. It's a popular misconception that it masks you from everyone... this is not invisibility. Excellent when a Consular or Guardian needs to escape detection or move around 'low-key' in a area where Dark Siders might be present and actually looking for him/her.

-Enhance Sense

Funny thing is... only one of the skills this Force power enhances is on the Jedi's skill list. Consulars get Sense Motive, aside from that it's useful offsetting the lack of ranks you'll possess in the other skills due having to Cross-Class them. Personally I've only gotten use from it while playing Force Adepts.

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
You may be a Guardian or a Consular, but not both. Especially not for the sole purpose of making sure you qualify for the Feats you want.

Thanks, that was a rule I missed somewhere, I did not see it. (sigh) I really miss not having that +1 BAB at first level when you get 2 feats.

EDIT: Okay fixed it, now on to equipment. Eventually I will decide on male or female, depends on the background. What about shared backgrounds, are we working on that at all?

BTW, put my Character Sheet in my Signature.

Ok, I have a quick question. I think I know the answer, but I want to ask it anyways.

If a prestige class has a particular skill rank as a prereq, and you are close enough to it (and it's a class skill of the prestige class) that you can meet that requirement when you level up, can you level up into that prestige class (using skill points given by the prestige class to meet the requirements of the prestige class) or not (same question goes for feats)?

Example: A prestige class has a skill requirement of 9 ranks (only available at 6th lvl), can you take that prestige class as your 6th lvl (even though going into it you'd only be able to have 8 ranks) if you spend the skill point(s) to up that skill to 9 ranks? Or would you have to wait until 7th level?

Same example but with feats: a prestige class has a feat requirement. You meet all the prereqs for the feat, but you don't have it yet. You're lvl 5, so you get a 'free' feat next level. Can you level up into that prestige class, so long as you take the required feat, or would you have to wait until 7th lvl?

I've added a few things to the errata thread.

We won't be using Ambidexterity. It's a waste of a Feat. Two-Weapon Fighting functions as both Ambidexterity and Two-Weapon Fighting, all-in-one.

Deadly Aim has been added. A ranged version of 'Power Attack'.

Power Attack has been altered to make it slightly more useful and worth the penalty to your attack roll.

I've added a chart under Two-Weapon Fighting that'll make it easier to calculate what penalties your PC suffers when fighting with two weapons, be it twin vibroblades, dual lightsabers or double bladed lightsabers.

If you can afford one, droids are equipment.

How do you feel about a customizing a droid? I was looking at taking a MD-4 medical droid equipment (2000cr) on the M-4 Delivery Droid Chassis (4000cr), then recalculating the cost based on the equipment changing. Basically using the Droid as a Surgical Assistant.

In this case, no. The droid must be a stock model, mostly because it should not take this long to buy equipment. If you'd like to make those changes after things begin, okay. At the moment though you don't have the resources nor the proper connection to know the right people to pull off that kinda customization.

Asking me one question a day is slowing things down. Buy a droid already.

Found some time to finish the equipment and put in some rough background. I think the background will be a work in progress as I think of more ideas for the character while we are getting started.

The sheet is updated in my signature, ready for approval. I will try to get it put into the proper format later today or tomorrow when I get the time. If I need to make corrections I can do it at the same time.

BTW, I might appear on-line all of the time, put that's only because my computers are always on and I have left the browser logged in at this site. I also check things from my iPhone and sometimes even write short replies.

I was looking over the last two sheets and realized I spent 2 less on my ability scores. To purchase scores at 15 & 16 it counts 1 point or 2? I though it was 1:1, but usually it is gets more expensive after 14.

I have my sheet in proper format ready to go, just waiting on approval. It will be posted under my character's account: Akira when I do.

Originally Posted By: Perrinmiller
I was looking over the last two sheets and realized I spent 2 less on my ability scores. To purchase scores at 15 & 16 it counts 1 point or 2? I though it was 1:1, but usually it is gets more expensive after 14.

I have my sheet in proper format ready to go, just waiting on approval. It will be posted under my character's account: Akira when I do.

The character creation part said 1:1. Not sure how you got confused. wink

Went over your sheet, here's the results.

Attributes: You spent 27 points on attributes. Which is fine because your character is a Human. I awarded every human PC (which is pretty much everyone) a +2 bonus to one attribute of their choice. This technically means you have 1 attribute point unspent. Spend it and your atts are squared away.

Vitality: I gave everyone Max Vitality, you're no exception. so you will have 45VP.

Skills: Your point totals are accurate.

Feats: All your feats check out okay.

Equipment: Not a bad choice on equipment, keep in mind that 6 med packs on a utility belt will be difficult for me to swallow unless it's all you plan on bringing with you. 2-3 is usually what I find acceptable. That's not to say the PCs can't keep a surplus on the ship or back at base.

All in all I think Akira's ready.

Originally Posted By: Stargaizer
Most games are IC or Beta (with time stamps). I would assume the same for this game, though I can't speak for Dave on the certainty of this.

Personally I'm not picky. I take people at their word for the rolls they make and post.

To be honest, if any of us wanted to 'cheat' we could. It's not like it's hard to pull off. I could cheat Invisible Castle, I could cheat the Beta and I'm not going to lie to you guy, as an ST I have and will from time to time. That's the GMs right to flub a roll once in awhile. You though, the players, don't really win or lose anything by 'cheating', all you really do is lie to yourself and us. If I want the PCs to lose, trust me, they'll lose (sometimes I just want prisoners smile ) and when I want the PCs to win... well, nothing in the galaxy will be able to match them. The fun part is trying to figure out which mood I'm in. smile

That said, use either one, makes no difference to me. There is one caveat: I have to be able to interpret the dice rolls. A whole bunch of copy and pasted links to god-knows-what at god-knows-where dot com will prolly just irritate us all.

Please take the extra time to make your rolls neatly legible. smile

Layel - You appear to have missed a feat on your sheet. All your soldier feats are accounted for and your 1st level feat (Quick Draw), but you don't seem to have your 3rd level feat selected.

You'll also note that I gave you starting Dark Side points. Not many, but they reflect his rather shady past of working for the Empire and blowing up innocent people. smile

The character creation part said 1:1. Not sure how you got confused. wink

Attributes: You spent 27 points on attributes. Which is fine because your character is a Human. I awarded every human PC (which is pretty much everyone) a +2 bonus to one attribute of their choice. This technically means you have 1 attribute point unspent. Spend it and your atts are squared away.

Vitality: I gave everyone Max Vitality, you're no exception. so you will have 45VP.

Equipment: Not a bad choice on equipment, keep in mind that 6 med packs on a utility belt will be difficult for me to swallow unless it's all you plan on bringing with you. 2-3 is usually what I find acceptable.

Since I missed the +2 for Humans, I was just double checking. I originally spent 26 and then one for level 4. I will add 2 more, probably Dex.

I saw that everyone had maxed VP, but wasn't sure. Thanks.

Actually, I was thinking one each was all that fit on the Utility Belt, putting the extra in the DP, but I didn't want to make separate entries on the Myth-Weaver sheet.

The duffel isn't something she normally carries into the field either, waiting to see how things go. Certainly better to store extra gear on our space ship.

We are still are having a Jedi Guardian as well right?

I will post up Akira shortly.

Originally Posted By: Akira
Since I missed the +2 for Humans, I was just double checking. I originally spent 26 and then one for level 4. I will add 2 more, probably Dex.

You didn't really 'miss it', I just wasn't awarding it until I'd reviewd the individual's sheet. I am a crackhead however, and forgot about the +1 for 4th level. :P

What's with everyone's strange obsession with dexterity?

Quote:
We are still are having a Jedi Guardian as well right?

No idea. He asked to be a part of things and hasn't posted anything since. Your guess is as good as mine.

You know what I've just recently realized? Star Wars (and from my remembrance other d20 games, i.e. D&D) doesn't have any backgrounds. No way to tell how wealthy you are (aside from starting credits), no way to tell how influential you are, how well you're connected, your membership in any organization, etc.

I think backgrounds would add a layer of depth to this game. They could be just the standard, non-game specific WW backgrounds (i.e. no generation, attunement, etc.). Of course, that'd be a 5dot stat in an otherwise d20 game.

Just an idea.

Archived