The Incredibles

ronin

See it.

Disney does a marvelous take on 'Aberrant' and 'Powers'. It's about as fucked-up as a Disney movie can be. Totally transparent, but the execution is amazing.

I won't ruin the movie by discussing some of the pertinent and meaty plot points, but this movie comes rated very highly for anyone on the forum. I think you'll dig it.

Yeah, completely. Some of the jokes will go over their head (same as with any Disney movie, when you watch them again after you grow up some). I think the reason it got the 'PG' rating and not 'G' is because a lot of people die in it. It's all cartoon violence, though. No corpses, just people in explosions and crashing and things like that.

It depends on how sensitive your kids are and what you have in mind for them, but I've been to it twice (once for work), and there were plenty of small kids around.

The thing that would probably be most upsetting to a child (if they even understood it) was a part where the mother has to explain to her kids that there's a very real possibility of getting killed if they're careless.

Seriously. It's made by Pixar, though.

Fucking hell, man, if real women weren't encouraged to ditch their fabulous booties and get so thin they'll never bear me the strong Viking children I want, I wouldn't have to lust over the junk in Elastigirl's trunk.

How. Ev. Er. Current situation being as it is, I'm glad to see someone putting the 'donk' in the 'badonkadonka', CGI or not.

It's all about generous bootie, my friend.

Oh, now don't get me wrong. I'm an all time fan of nice heinies. Butt-man. That's me. But she's a fucking cartoon man. And not a XXXenophile or Playboy styling cartoon where getting Herman the One-Eyed German to stand up and give a salute is the primary intention.

This is like thinking that Olive Oyle or Wilma Flintstone are shagging minxes begging for a little four color romp.

Quote:
Originally posted by James 'Prodigy' Meehan:
Oh, now don't get me wrong. I'm an all time fan of nice heinies. Butt-man. That's me. But she's a fucking cartoon man. And not a XXXenophile or Playboy styling cartoon where getting Herman the One-Eyed German to stand up and give a salute is the primary intention.

This is like thinking that Olive Oyle or Wilma Flintstone are shagging minxes begging for a little four color romp.
And to this day, I can't watch 'Scooby Doo' without a book over my lap.

The Incredibles is yummy four color goodness with just enough of an edge to entertain. Don't worry about the kids i took my 7 yo nephew to it and he loved every minute of it.

In fact he loved it so much that he did Dash impressions the rest of the day...

Quote:
Originally posted by Conduit:
trans-reality coitus.

I need to find a way to use that phrase in RL!

um...and its a great movie that everyone should see!!

Troll... I took my kids 8 and 6 and they laughed their lives away. Probably mostly at me laughing but its defiantely not chock full of too terribly many sexual innuendos, despite what might be taken from all the bootie referrences here. I dont really recall one to tell you the truth.

Do you think Elastigirl made her booty that way for MR I? I mean she can warp her body any way she wants after all.

You know, come to think of it, Asche, that's kind of a good point. Theoretically, Elastigirl could look however she wanted. It's possibly that shape is her "default" form. Maybe flexing like that is just like flexing a muscle, and not something you'd want to do all the time.

Either way, though, it seems Mr. I is an ass man.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to see it with g/f a couple of night ago. It rocked, quite muchly so. My one beef is that I think Violette could have been a slightly more... present character than she was. Even Dash had a very obvious character, but Violette never seemed to jump past the stereotype (which is odd, considering that the entirety of her screentime was character development, as opposed to character set-up).

Then again, may have been a deliberate choice. I'm just glad they chose not to give her the ability to shrink, because the jokes would have been painful...

Archived