Walking on Water. Real or BS?

Matt

It's pretty clear there's something under the water they're running on. In the final shots, the guy always falls in at more or less the same spot, for example. And a few of the 'failed practice runs' you can see that the guy doesn't actually sink into the water, he kneels down to make it look like he's sinking.

Not to mention that 'running on water' simply isn't possible while operating under physical law as we understand it.

Right, Jameson. The basic trick (as I understand it) is that you'd need to displace your own mass in water downward with each step in order to walk on water. Clearly, you'd need a much bigger, flatter foot to do that.

Alternatively, you could try to use surface tension, which with water is a pretty weak force unless you're hitting it very fast...to get it to support human weight, you'd have to be moving faster than humanly possible.

Courier, yeah. The Basilisk lizard...they can run across water on their hind legs. But they have a lot of specific adaptations for it. They have widened footpads for one, and specialized ankles that let them spread and close their feet like umbrellas. They also move their legs in full circles...their feet are right up next to their heads at the top of the circle, before slapping down on the water. And they move their legs something like twenty times faster than a human being can on top of that.

And even with all that, the lizards can only really water-run when they're young and small. As they get bigger they lose that ability.

Wait Huh? Marketablility huh now...

Frankly it seems to just be done in fun. And IS fun to watch as Ive shown it to couple of people already and They thought it was a fun show... But marketting may be a hard sell. Still, they did give it a bit of a documentary-esque' feel to it, so you may have something here.

I think part of the 'marketability' is showing that they can get people to watch their stuff and that they can put together a credible mock-umentary. I didn't watch it all but what I did watch was pretty good.

Originally Posted By: El'Jinn Uu
Wait Huh? Marketablility huh now...

There has been a lot of talk about the videos being viral ads for hi-tec shoes. When I originally posted I wanted to see if people would comment on why people thought they created the video.

Ohhh... I see now.

Wow, that's quite an angle. I had just thunk that they made it to make us say "Hummm, that's really neat" but...

Now that you've mentioned it, clearly showing your (here comes my nerd moment) '+5Per' :P , I'm realizing how truely Unperceptive I was about this video as, that sure is looking like what they may have been going for.

Viral videos Really are looking to be the newest Super Craze. And here I'had just been passing it all off as being 'Just another fad', but the increasing interest in V-Vids Have spiked ALLOT in resent years.

Wow Chosen, you are the first person I have heard who has gotten me interested in the sheer potential of VV's (Viral Vids). Now my mind is jacked up on overload.

Thankyou Chosen fer the video BTW, as it was fun to watch, and i conviced my wife that it was true, which was twice as fun to do as the actualvideo itself.

;0

<<<On and Off toppic a little, I wonder, in game, what if any VV's would play in a fictional world setting like the world of Aberrant. This is kinda making me think out load but, someone with Mega-Man and the 'Almost-live' enhancement getting a video to go Viral, could be devistating a sight to behold.

Archived