Mutants & Masterminds: The Indigo Children - The Indigo Network - OOC Table Talk

jameson (ST)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max, as I said in my prior post the combat will take place a few weeks after the First Phase threads allowing plenty of time for people to connect up IC via self directed threads. Further, Tess has what is essentially a "danger room" meaning that we can run a high octane combat without having potentially high IC stakes.

All of that said however if you don't want to or don't feel that the justification is there for Tomoe to participate you won't be required to. I am doing this mostly to stress test Chosen's new dice roller.

Are you guys all just busy or are we basically tapped out on the current threads? I can write a wrap up if that's what people want or I can just update to keep things moving but posting has been way down lately.

Also at this point feel free to start free gaming either with other PCs or with me in a solo thread (just make sure I know what you want) I figure I won't start another full on plot thread (i.e. Second Phase) until after the new year because of the holidays. That doesn't mean you cannot choose to follow the set up plots & sub-plots on your own just that I don't have another "event" coming until then.

as always questions, comments, and constructive critiques are welcome

management wink

Posted to First Phase, barring any objections (and possibly despite those) I'm going to close out those two thread early next week.

0 Phase Design Note: I'm intending to do the following with the 0 Phase thread:

• Stress Test the new dice roller - this is the primary catalyst
  • Stress Test the PCs - I want you guys to cut loose and show me what your PCs can do. By correlation I will be adding more, or tougher, or more AND tougher enemies in subsequent waves of attackers to see just what your characters are capable of taking and dishing out.
  • IC Combat experience for the PCs - This also serves as combat experience for your PCs and can be sited as justification for increasing attack or defense or other such (like feats).
  • Fun - let's not forget that this is meant to be fun, I'm hoping that we all will have some, and then have some more.

First Phase: Alpha - With Apex gone I'm going to consider this thread complete, I'll leave it open for you guys to RP if you want, but I'll consider my participation in it complete and award exp.

First Phase: Beta - I'll probably be able to close up in one more post and then turn it over to you both to finish off at your leisure.

To reiterate what I said last week (or maybe 2 weeks ago), Second Phase will not begin until after the new year. In the mean time however I've blocked off a two week period at the start of May that you guys can use to free game, including forming connections between Melissa and Tomoe and the rest of the PCs. You can also follow plot clues and I will ST those but I want you guys to start those threads as well so that I know what it is you want to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Danger Room:

We're at the end of the 2nd combat round and between solid defense scores and Melissa's blizzard obscuring their view the robots aren't going to pose much of a challenge. My thinking is to simply narrate their defeat and save us the mechanical grinding out of attacks.

What say you all to this?

Secondly, do you want to continue that thread further? Combat can be fun, but frankly when it's "training" without a story backing it up I find it tends to be more tedious than exciting to go through the full mechanics. I think we've worked all the bugs out of the dice roller so I'll leave it up to you guys, we can continue it, or I can narrate the end of the combat and allow you guys to do whatever you want with it thereafter (including more combat exercises without the full mechanics).

What do you guys want to do now?

I'm fine with 'wrapup.' I think its a good habit to get into, especially in PBP. Once the conclusion of a fight is foregone, why drag it out, roll by bitter roll?

This fight gave me some good ideas for where Tomoe is weak and strong, and ideas for how to spend her exp...especially once we've had some IC combat experience.

Well this is IC combat experience. So long as Tomoe and Melissa make contact with Tess or one of the others prior to whatever date I set for the combat training. Two weeks IC time was set aside to allow you guys to do just that as well. I'm not launching the next Phase until after the new year. That is so that we don't have a core chapter run smack into holiday delays that could kill it. I will be around to make ST posts for people who want to do player directed IC stuff however.

Carver, Max, do either you mind if Jordan gets involved in Catching Up? I would like to get Jordan connected with the other group of Indigos (Tomoe and Melissa) through more than just second hand. I was thinking since Jordan had already invited Isaac to dinner, maybe after he meets up with Tomoe, Jaime might call him to remind him, and because of these odd, social niceties that everybody seems to pant over, Isaac asks in Tomoe can come too.

Or something. I'm amendable to other ideas of course. What say you?

In Catching Up, just a note guys, Jordan's and Jaime's place is on Staten Island. Not sure if the subway goes all the way there, or if you have to take the Ferry. Otherwise, the run might be a little longer than you expected. wink

Little more research: Staten Island doesn't have any underground transit systems, but it does have the same bus service as the rest of NYC, connecting Staten Island to to lower and Midtown Manhattan, via Brooklyn I believe. Also, the Staten Island Ferry is about a 25 minute trip, and is free. laugh

Originally Posted By: Tiresias
Hey, Jordan totally wore Basinger's Catwoman suit for one Halloween too! And while pretty cute, I'm sorry to say, I'm not sure if Rob has the curves for it. But if he's interested in that type of thing, Jordan can direct him to the right shops and clubs. laugh

I think you mean Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman suit, yes?

I totally wrote Pfeiffer, I don't know what you're talking about Jim ( blush ). And I'm pretty sure I would have heard if Halle Berry had ever played Catwoman.

As for Catching Up, how about at least a week or two later, to give New York a little more time to recover from The Pulse? After just a few days, the city will still be mostly bogged down, I figure (haven't actually looked at real-world scenarios for an EMP pulse and what it would do to the infrastructure of a city).

Per the time line the "pulse" was on Friday April 30. The combat session was on Saturday May 15th so that only leaves you May 7th or 14th ... In a bid to retain at least some of my fragile sanity I'm going to RPG-ize the effects of the Pulse, i.e. where the real deal would have crippled the eastern seaboard as a good chunk of electronics would need to be full on replaced, here it was mostly a disabled, fuses busted type effect. Some people may have had to replace computers or TVs, a lot of cell phones for sure, but within days infrastructure would have been back online and places like airports and hospitals would largely be back up and running at full capacity.

By the 7th things would be mostly normal, or at least as normal as things would be in the wake of a "major terrorist event" and the "emergence of superhumans".

That might not actually be -completely- implausible. Ever since the 50's, dealing with the possible consequences of EMP has been something large scale public agencies and utilities have had to be at least cognizant of.

I don't know specifics, but I think it's reasonable to assume that there are at least some systems in place to keep vital systems at least minimally functional.

Agreed, but mostly I don't want the pulse to suddenly become the focus of the game as we get bogged down in opportunistic nuclear strikes by enemy nations, and a burgeoning post apocalyptic world all because of something that was simply meant as a plot device to show that the stakes had been raised laugh

Though I do suddenly have a new idea for a post apoc setting ...

Archived