Mutants & Masterminds: The Indigo Children - The Indigo Network - OOC Table Talk

jameson (ST)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more thing: could I get a couple of edits from Jordan and Shove?

Jordan: Isaac's shirt is black (I noted this in the first prologue). The reason for that is that black hides blood better, and he knew he'd be shaking someone down for protection money that evening.

Shove: Izzy's passed out as per Jordan's last post.

Would you both mind making those minor edits please? smile

Folks I popped up an Indigo Network post. Posts there should be in the form of BBS posts to a discussion topic within the character of your PC's Indigo Network handle. Have fun and I'll have the OP reply as well as other members posts to add if people are enjoying this.

Folks, two posts will be going up, each will take a maximum of 4 PCs (8 PCs, two posts, wow, its like I planed it!). When they go up you are free to choose a thread and jump in telling where in the scene your PC is and what they are doing. Obviously though if one fills you'll be stuck in the other.

For everyone who might make use of this in their posts:

The new superhero (aka Ross) has been sighted as active over the course of the week. He has identified himself by the cognomen of Mindforce.

From chat last night, posted here because Jameson had already gone to bed.

[Goddamn Procyon] 7:23 pm: Post for the Times Square hoedown

[Goddamn Procyon] 7:23 pm: Let me know if that's okay, guys

[Carver] 7:23 pm: Hoedown?

[Carver] 7:23 pm: Are we supposed to dance?     

[blueNinja] 7:23 pm: GDP: I hope Jim makes Drew Carey appear now, to make sure you do your Hoedown

[Goddamn Procyon] 7:24 pm: lol

[blueNinja] 7:24 pm: "Good evening and welcome to Whose Line Is It Indigo?"

[blueNinja] 7:25 pm: "He's a real party animal, Isaac Ward!"

[blueNinja] 7:26 pm: "She's her own perfect date, Jordan Johanssen!"

[Mike] 7:26 pm: Do they fight crime?

[blueNinja] 7:27 pm: "He's got a magnetic personality, Robert Lehnsherr!"

[blueNinja] 7:27 pm: "And she knows where you live, Tess Romano!"

[blueNinja] 7:29 pm: "Welcome to Whose Line Is It Indigo, and I'm your host Drew Carey. Whose Line Is It Indigo, where the points don't matter. That's right, the points are just like whatever Shove thinks his superhero name

is."

[blueNinja] 7:29 pm: ... and now I'm going to post all of this in the OOC thread to make sure Jameson sees it.     

[Goddamn Procyon] 7:31 pm: BN - That would be a moral imperative

Goddamn Procyon just managed to recover

[Malachite] 7:32 pm: Asa - You want to go next, just to secure everyone's spot in the thread?

[blueNinja] 7:32 pm: I'm quitting here, as I don't think I can do an entire episode. I mean, I'm passable at Improv, but I'd need to be the Divis Mal of Improv to pull that off.

[blueNinja] 7:32 pm: Though truly, it would be the very definition of Irony to make them do a game of Superheroes.     

[Goddamn Procyon] 7:32 pm: "And she knows where you live, Tess Romano!" *dies again*

grin

Alpha Segment - I'm going to let you guys RP some more since you all seem to be enjoying doing so. I have something planned but I need to change it some since you moved yourselves away from Times Square.

Beta Segment - Jer, I'll get a post up for you tomorrow, looks like you might well be on your own again, sorry about that.

Jim - We're in a restaurant that's right off the street of Times Square. That's why we went to -that- restaurant. laugh Unless whatever it is subtle enough that we need to actually be on the street, we can easily notice any sort of disturbance in Times Square.

If it's something else....sorry! frown Dinner just seemed a good way to do a meet and greet with characters that were new to each other.

Originally Posted By: Mordred
Jim - We're in a restaurant that's right off the street of Times Square. That's why we went to -that- restaurant. laugh

Sorry, maybe I missed that in my read through but I wasn't aware of the diner's location. Either way, it's not a problem, if it were I would have jumped in sooner. Mostly I just wanted to let you know that I was fine with letting you guys RP and that I was working on getting a post out.

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
How is this alpha/beta thing working?

At this point Alpha is full so you're in beta. You just need to insert yourself into the scene. If you want to run into another PC you can, if not, also fine, either way I'll post something tomorrow AM to move that thread forward (and Alpha as well).

Jim - Can we use our powers at all in the Alpha scene or is whatever's going on pretty much shot them for the scene? And are the phones broken (like the speakers) or just going a bit wonky? Are they usable?

For the time being your powers are out of control. You're aware that though of what is happening. In Tess' case she's the one to blow out the speakers, and blanket phone signals/calls. Jordan is having trouble with her shape shifting primarily because of the pain and the body's reflexive protective mechanisms. Rob is throwing out random EM Fields at the moment that are oscillating between polarities. Only Isaac seems unaffected though he still feels the pain.

I'll let you guys know when you gain control back. In the meantime assume that for RP purposes you can blow off whatever uncontrolled stunts you want, the operative word being "uncontrolled".

Thanks guys, glad you liked it. It certainly helped that you guys gave me a bunch to work with from panic (Tess), to worry & fear (Rob), to resolve & concern (Jordan), and ... Isaacness (Isaac ;))

Init isn't needed just yet. Its completely dark, not pitch black darkness mind you, but for people from New York it might as well be, it'll take a moment for eyes to adjust (or be adjusted), and that goes for the MiB and everybody else. Think about the kind of panic you get when a thousand or more panicked city slickers are plunged into true Stygian darkness ...I figured a round (or two depending on how quick you guys are and how busy I am) of posts was in order.

As far as what works & what is burst toast, going on this Rob's EMP is a Type E1 effect so computers and the like that aren't shielded are all fried but less delicate electronics will be able to survive. The street lights could all function if the breakers were flipped back on, most older cars (~10yrs old or more) would work. As will electrical devices that don't use circuit boards (flashlights and the like). Things like TVs and Stereos will have components ruined (the radio wave receivers, MP3 circuits, but the speakers, mics, screens, and such would all be usable. Basically digital = fried, analog = workable.

I realize you're getting a bit whupped on Tess which is why I allocated an extra Hero Point. Likewise the First Phase isn't likely to be a single thread event so any HPs you conserve will carry to other threads in First Phase.

Likewise, Carver didn't get the HP award because she didn't have to put up with wonky powers nor the fatigue from that.

2 Notes:

1) Extra Effort outside of combat will be allowed to last the scene (as dictated by the ST) with the fatigue being applied at the end as usual.

2) You've no doubt noticed that I've been scarce. I'm busy at work and often out on weekends/evenings lately. The 48 hour combat rule still applies to me and I will do my best to keep it moving as quickly as I can. That said I will be gone on Saturday so, you know, don't expect me to post anything then.

I'd appreciate if you guys could help each other out too in terms of resolving questions and the like. At least two of you seem to have a good grasp on things, well enough to help out the newer folks.

While I prefer that PP be spent between chapters/threads/whatevers I don't forbid spending during an active story depending on the spend and the timing. PM me (please use the PMs with your characters to keep everything in one place) with your wants and I'll approve on a case by case basis.

Generally I'll only approve a 1 rank increase in any given stat/skill/power so there's no advantage to hoarding points because I'm not likely to ever allow you to go all Highlander and add multiple ranks to a power with 1 spend. Also any spends should be justified based on the activities in prior stories.

Archived