Mutants & Masterminds: The Indigo Children - The Indigo Network - OOC Table Talk

jameson (ST)

A note on Prologues: Until such time as the last of the PCs are complete and ready to play I am not going to be working any kind of "plot" into the prologues. This is in part to avoid having massive timing issues and in part so that we (that is I and you) get a chance to get to know your characters. As such I ask that you be somewhat self directed with your posts (pro-active), as this will key me in to what you want to do and also give me something to work off of without having to create a half dozen unique plots.

thanks,

the management

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, my move is pretty much done with, and so I'm trying to get back into the swing of things around here. jameson, I have been able to devote a little bit of time to creating a character for this game, and wound up with something different than the spatial manipulator guy I'd originally been planning on. I'll try to get that done and submitted to you as quickly as possible.

Thanks again for all the patience, folks!

• 2 weeks later...

Jeremy, total healing is not a suitable power stunt for Telekinesis. In no way can telekinesis induce cellular procreation to replace damaged/destroyed tissue. At best, I might have allow you to stabilize the woman (using your power to collect platelets to stem the worst of the bleeding). However, without even a single rank of medicine nor any way to perceive the platelets you wish to manipulate (and you do need to be able to perceive them) I'm not inclined to allow even that.

Additionally this was meant to be a dramatic moment, not just something to be "fixed" via a little flexing of an unrelated power.

Please edit your post and next time you want to power stunt like that check with me first.

Carver, I'm going to give Joani 1 more day to reply before I hijack her character outright in order to be able to move your story along (I had hoped to have you two intersect there after her job but I don't think that can happen now). Please bear with me and sorry for the delays.

Sorry, Jameson, Keiko was the first name I came up with for her, but I changed my mind after realizing I had another character with that name.

I must have forgotten to change it on the sheet. That was an oversight on my part.

As for her parent names...let's see...

Father: Ichimura Satoru

Mother: Ichimura Yuriko

Additionally - 'Tomoe' is kind of a nickname, a familiar name. Her full name is actually Tomoko. She hardly ever goes by that, but it might be useful for situations where someone wants to emphasize formality...sort of like an angry parent who addresses an errant child by all three names in English.

Tomoe-chan would be a familiar, affectionate way for a parent or older sibling (or close friend) to address her.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
Understood. Thanks for the info. I can take it from here with that.
Cool.

and the same applies to the rest of you, unless you need some specific bit of information I'm giving you guys as much freedom (within reason) as you guys want. Mostly I'm using these prologues for the following reasons:

1) get to know the PCs, and that's both for me and you guys
2) try to get the PCs together in a way that is organic

obviously the 2nd is coming slowly along but hopefully you guy are finding your character's voices and figuring out how they act and respond to things

ok folks, the Prologues are going well but I would like to allow people to cross match some. So at your own pace you can start new threads titled [Prologue 2] {character name} and we can get some more character ties together. I'll also get to work on some more news to help advance things along.

And to be clear you can have [Prologue] and [Prologue 2] open at the same time for as long as you want. OK?

Edit: you guys can discuss in TT if you have a specific connection you want to make or I can work as I did before to try and match people up.

Edit 2: And I of course don't mind if you set up a menage a trois

I'd like to create NPC profiles for the other significant NPCs that have shown up; Melissa's father, Jordan's sister, Nico's daughter, Tomo's Father. I don't mind generating these myself but I'd prefer that their creator's get a say. If you guys want to create the profiles, you are welcome to, if you want to feed me notes and/or pictures and let me do the profiles I can work that way too. The idea is to have a little profile that we can add to over time as the character get's fleshed out more and more (hopefully), so these don't need to be hugely detailed, just look at the stuff I have written up thus far to get an idea of what I want.

thanks

A note on the "villainous re-roll" from the current combat. Basically anytime a villain needs to use a Hero Point effect the character affected by it gains a Hero point for future use. This is pretty much direct from the book and is most often meant to help mitigate the effects of single poor rolls.

Originally Posted By: jameson (ST)
I'd like to create NPC profiles for the other significant NPCs that have shown up; Melissa's father, Jordan's sister, Nico's daughter, Tomo's Father. I don't mind generating these myself but I'd prefer that their creator's get a say. If you guys want to create the profiles, you are welcome to, if you want to feed me notes and/or pictures and let me do the profiles I can work that way too. The idea is to have a little profile that we can add to over time as the character get's fleshed out more and more (hopefully), so these don't need to be hugely detailed, just look at the stuff I have written up thus far to get an idea of what I want.

thanks

Bump.

Still looking for NPC info for:

Melissa's Father
Jamie
Izzy
Tomo's father

Archived