Mutants & Masterminds: The Indigo Children - The Indigo Network - OOC Table Talk

jameson (ST)

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it, despite having to put up with me.

I'm fairly certain at this point that the mutant animals theme and the plot just aren't compatible enough to work. There are other reasons as well (like the multiple dropped PCs, the posting rate, and others) but ultimately I'm not sure that I could make it work even without those issues.

I am confident in the quality of the story however. I just made a poor choice to run a TMNT style game which limits both the player base and what the PCs can do. As such I can put some thought into re-working this game as a more "generic supers" game with similar backstory (an event that has rendered the current generation of children metahuman with a variety of powers) if you are interested in that. This would be a hard reset wiping the current game's (limited) progress away.

Thoughts?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be all over it, actually. In the face of a hard reset I'm leaning towards changing my PC to a different concept. I'd like to reboot/resurrect Velocity for this one. Since its an M&M 2nd Ed. game I even got the sheet done already wink

I'd love to keep this story going, even under different/more open circumstances.

For a regular supers game, I'd be happy to join, if you'd have me.

A lot of my problems with the game were from issues resulting from the mutant animal thing. I'd be much more into it with the scenario you're outlining here.

I like Indigo Children.

It sets us up for cool riffs on 'indigo,' like "Last Color of the Rainbow" and stuff for chapter titles and fic titles. Thumbs up. It's evocative.

Brass tack time! What kind of PL are we lookin' at here? I'm thinking it might be good to give us some points at a limited PL and say, "Make your pre-mutated human self," then add on a PL or two and say, "Add on your mutation stuff."

Makes it less tempting to skimp on skills and such, and just dump everything into mighty powahs.

I just stumbled over a detail. The event was in 1990. The game's date will be somewhere in 2009/2010 I suppose. Is there any capacity to have the PC experience some kind of trigger/eruption prior to manifesting their powers or are we born with the powers and grew up in hiding?

I would have to adjust parts of Vel's background if it's something she was born with (actually she was but her powers manifested when she was 16). Is that a viable option or would it be "against" your vision of the game?

Hehe, calling dibs already?

Alright, well, the first character concept I'm pitching has a very limited TK...but the primary power is photokinesis. Creating illusions and invisibility and so on. I don't think there'll be any stepping on toes.

Folks updated the profiles thread, during the game the IC Network info is open and available to all, the OOC info is up to you and the owner to discuss what is known and not known.

Remember characters are at the bare minimum aware of each other through the IN. Beyond that I'll let you guys sort it out (though please don't get all obstinate with me once the game starts as I'll have to make you pay)

Since folks are calling dibs, I'll go ahead and state that I may have a workable concept for a PC with space-warping powers (spatial control and similar). My upcoming move has kept me too busy to really devote much time to it, but I do like the proposed game setting a lot and would like to participate. smile

Actually they've been calling dips ... you know like 7 layer bean dip ... wink

So far I have the following submitted and approved.

Shove

Velocity

Kitsune

Maddog

I know Long is working on a PC and I think Asa might be as well so if you want in that'll bring us to 7 which is about the maximum I want.

Those of you who are approved and have posted your profiles. Start an IC thread for the evening of Saturday the 24th. Give me something to work with and we'll move together that way. If you and another player want to start in a common thread just let me know. Thread Titles should be "Prologue - {PCs name}"

Archived