Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - Monster Academy

Justin OOC

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This came up in chat and must be preserved for posterity. ;)

[Asarasa] 10:00 am: Yuuki's cruisin' to get burned.

[Long6] 10:00 am: lol

[Long6] 10:01 am: I think she just wants to join the party

[Jeremy] 10:02 am: heh

[Long6] 10:02 am: Darrik's got his own

[Jeremy] 10:02 am: the harem party?

[Asarasa] 10:02 am: Bah! She's a dryad, she can find wood elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Which brings up an interesting, if probably academic point:

Is there a difference between demons and yokai? I'd always assumed that demons are creatures of some other plane, while yokai are monsters from Earth who were dispossessed and forced to move to this other plane.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I have some ideas, and in the spirit of the game, I'm going to let you the players choose.

1) Back to the Past- The characters are sent back in time to the dark ages by "yet to be revealed circumstance" You never know who you'll run into.

2) Forward to the Future- The Characters are tasked with writing out reports on what they want to do with their lives, and Then sent forward thirty years to see what it would be like for them in truth/if they got their way.

3)Fieldtrip to Kyoto- The Juniors get to go to Kyoto for their school trip, what hijinx await in the former capital?

Please have your votes in by wednesday night.

• 4 weeks later...

Being honest, I've not so much lost interest in the game as just the urge to post in it. For whatever reason, I just give this game much priority, and I'm sorry for that. Maybe it has been the periods of stop and go, for various reasons that were really under people's control.

I think I should post my reasoning as to why I've dropped. So it's clear.

After 6b, I've felt that I was no longer welcome in the game. I'm not sure if it was the circumstances surrounding 6b, or how my character in character was behaving due to the events of that thread and I was perhaps over playing it, or what. All I know is I've been feeling more and more isolated in MA.

When on the roof in the last chapter, yes, Long let me know he had a specific thing happening there. I accepted that and left. Then a seperate plot dropped on Jer in a place I couldn't interact in.

That and the meeting on the roof turns out to be more isolation of my character.

By the time we went on the trip, my motivation to even try anything with my character was at a hair's thread. At some point, I just accepted the fact that my character's story was over before it even started.

In a way I feel like I painted myself in that corner. I just wish I would have seen the few warning signs I had sooner.

I'm sorry if this posting seemed confrontational. I was trying my hardest to be neutral. I'm sorry if it seemed an aggressive posting. I just feel it I am honest with how I feel in regards to this perhaps I can learn how to avoid this issue in the future with a character.

Archived