Mutants & Masterminds: StarGate Freedom - Chapter 1a: Necessary Evils

z-Servant of Ra

"Let's not do that," the older man said. "I don't want to go through three meetings. We'll make the lists now and bring the goods at another meeting, say in a week. Safer this way. Now, you've already asked about the five-point-seven by twenty-eight mil. Any other requests?"

"Nine mil," Ryan said, then glanced at the others. "Do you any of you have something else you want?"

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yseult waved her hand in dismissal, then paused, cocking her head to the side. "Choose the ammunition you are thinking is most useful. But, if you are not minding, I will take any of the medication you are having that is no longer suitable for your needs. I am maybe being able to break them down to their component substances and derive some small use from them."

"We'll be keeping them, actually," the older man said. "What we can't use we can trade. We'll be seeing a lot of people needing stuff like that, I think. So we'll keep it in case we need it for something."

As Yseult's lips tightened in disapproval, the younger man said, "We all have to do what we have to do."

"Trade?" Marty couldn't keep the laughter down.

"Wow, the Goa'uld really have you guys beat. A couple days and already you have fallen to being just small groups that look out only for your selves. So much for the strong human spirit." He just shook his head and looked at Ryan.

"Maybe we should just get this trade over with and write these guys off. I give them a couple months, maybe, before the Jaffa hunt them down."

• 2 weeks later...

Yseult gave Marty a severe look. From conversations they had earlier, he was hardly one to talk. For now, their goals aligned, but ultimately, Marty was serving only himself, his revenge, and he was willing to sacrifice all for it.

She turned from him and gave Hawke a nod. "The deal, it will suffice. The expired medicine, it may have taken more time and resources than what we would have recovered from them. Let this be a sign of good faith between us. We are both getting something of value from the exchange, agreed?"

• 4 weeks later...

Marty just shook his head and bit in to the sandwich he still was holding. Medicine and ammo, they needed people. If most of this planet was going to be like this than there was a major problem with the current plan. If most of the people they met were reacting like this it was going to get to be worst than trying to deal with the Tok'ra. Still he also didn't see any reason to hamper the deal and just stayed quiet, chewing on his food.

Archived