EarthDawn: A Brave New World - The Tavern Table: OOC Talk

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, I know that this is a rough time of year, it's rough for me too, but I'm hoping that we can get at least one post a week from everybody. I've moved the main group into the library and removed the Magistrate from the current setting. If all you can do is a reaction to what happened, or just a simple "[character] follows Torcher", please feel free to just post that (though more is appreciated, obviously). Whoever is the first to post is up first, so no waiting on anybody.

Sound fair?

Also, I've started the first combat in Nayobee's thread. Nayobee, Jomano and a random NPC peasant vs. 2 Griffons. If you would like to follow and/or add suggestions/comments/questions/concerns, please do so here in the OOC thread.

Hopefully we can get this up and running, even if it is a little slow at first.

I'll be on vacation from Monday the 23rd till Monday the 30th. I won't be at home or near any computer with I-Net Access from Thursday the 26th till Sunday the 29th... BUT I will have my truste iPad and iPhone with me, which allows me to access the net.

We're going to spent a few days at a resort somewhere in the north of Germany with the kids and my In-Laws and depending on our activities there I may have time around the evening hours to check the site and post where I'm needed. If not I'll let you know.

I expect to maintain enough activity to keep things rolling, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for my late neglect of updates.

Let me explain:

1.) I was on vacation and now I'm again on vacation - till end of june btw.

2.) I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment. Next week I will be busy doing the floors of our new home, after that I have to fix up another room (my own hobby cellar).

3.) I've focused on two new projects - one of which I will put on ice for the time being - the other is joining 200x. I know I should be focusing more on my own games as ST/GM but sometimes I need some distraction and Fahrenheit is one of my favourite PCs ... so I apologize if things are running a bit slow for the next weeks.

Don't worry - consider it a "summer break" - depending on how "done" I am after *work* - if I feel like it I will post - if not, I will hang out in chat and keep in touch with you all.

I know I've been running a little slow lately, and I know that everyone else has as well, but I've gotten no love from anybody but Joani lately.

Please post if you're still interested in continuing the game as is.

I can also time-jump everybody to the point after you've left the kaer and are making your way to the outside world if that would be preferred.

Let me know if we can keep this going, I had such high hopes, or if I need to so something else.

My last post was to move the entire group into the library. Torcher told off the Magistrate and basically sent him away like a scolded child, and he's leading the group towards a warded section of the library. To the best of my knowledge nobody has responded to this new turn of events. That's why I was asking if anybody was still interested.

I'm back now. I'll try to compose a post this afternoon.

Sorry for being gone so long. I had some legal issues that were coming to a head, and now the company I just started working for has been acquired, so I've been doing some work on that end to make sure I continue to get a paycheck one way or another.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

alright - finally posted.

And on a sidenote - I'm really confused by the way combat is handled - I hope I posted in the correct thread. Can you give me instructions again on how you want to wrap things up (combat and storywise)? I don't want to mess things up again by posting in the wrong thread.

I'm sorry for any confusion. This is the basic way I'm handling combat.

I open a combat thread separate from the main story thread.

Init and all rolls are posted in the combat thread. Also, in init order, actions are posted in the combat thread.

At the end of each combat round that has gone on in the combat thread I post up a descriptive narrative post in the story thread for the entire combat round. Thus, I should be the only one to post in the story thread during combat.

After combat, everything goes back to normal.

Does that help?

• 2 weeks later...

I do apologize for the delay. Work has been so crazy that I haven't felt like doing much when I get home besides crashing.

Everyone should have plenty to chew over in the main thread, and I apologize for the shortness of your post Nayobee/Joani, but it should hopefully give you room to act. If you need more, just let me know and I'll try and add more and flesh it out better.

Archived