EarthDawn: A Brave New World - The Tavern Table: OOC Talk

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and SM, if you made up the names that Arcata mentioned, good job. You can PM me some ideas for stats/abilities if you wish (and maybe write up a good legend or two to go with them). If you got those from somewhere, could you please give me the reference.

Just for future reference, if you create something for this game (such as Gamrin did with the game he was going to play with his sister and SM may have done with the windling arms and armor) please just put it in a spoiler or PM me to let me know. I'll admit that while I have all the 1st ed stuff and have read most of it, I don't know every obscure reference, and this will keep me from searching for them. If you would like to pull something from somewhere, just give me a heads up and a reference. I'll try and do the same (like I did for Misthal with the arrows).

Thanks in advance.

Don't make me hypnotize you again *evil grin*

Seriously though, he's a jerk. But he's just like every other human in the kaer (except he's wields more authority and has actually shown more restraint). Once you leave the armory, you won't have to see him again until the Library. Then after that, it's one public speech and then you never have to see him again.

But do what you will...

Now, as said before, unless you plan on going on some grand adventure, you can stay in the main thread. If you need your char's thread unlocked, just let me know and I'll do it.

Or, option... 3 I guess, is that you could just do a gloss post. I would be fine with you saying 'went to mom & dad's, they cried but were proud, went to friend x, y & z then went to bed' (in a little more detail, of course).

The choice is completely up to you.

Ok, everyone is out of the armory. Feel free to write a short narrative of where you go and/or what you do. Nothing unexpected is going to happen (during your post, at least). So, feel free to make up what you want to do. I would like to not have this slow down the pace much, thus why I'm giving a lot of creative license to you.

Any questions/comments/concerns/ideas, just ask/tell, either here or in a PM.

I just wanted to let you all know that I haven't forgotten about you, but I have a lot of stuff going on IRL right now. Nothing bad (except for feeling a little under the weather), just a lot that is time consuming. I try to make posts when I can, but I'm probably not supposed to while I'm at work and it feels like I don't have any time with my family after work.

I'm in this game for the long haul. I have a story that I want you guys to help me tell, and I want us to all have fun while getting there. I'm just a little strapped for time right now.

Just wanted to give you a heads up and apologize for the past and future. (and this goes for all my games, as I'm trying to post in the order that they come up.)

Dude, I'm on my first week at my first job. It's actually the happiest I've been in ages, even though I'm staying at my parents right now, my brain feels like tapioca, and my gf is about 80 minutes away by vehicle.

So, no, I haven't really been at full throttle on my posts either, and I too feel I should apologize to all y'all: sorry.

I also don't think you should beat yourself up over it over my account, SG.

My posting should start to level out as I hit my stride, but that might take another week or two to get to that level, because I truly am drained when I get home at the end of the day right now, at least mentally.

Ok, COMBAT

There are several ways that we can do this, but I'll put up the one that I would like to try first. I'll create a separate combat thread where everyone posts their inits and then a description of their action and I post a narrative of what happens each turn, rinse, repeat. This is what I would prefer to try first.

Other options are varied enough that I won't list them here. What I would like is a vote, either for this idea or for one of the other options you describe.

Ok, that's one vote.

I also have an addendum. My rolls as NPC's/monsters/horrors/etc. I plan to implement a system like Dawn's for DR. On an attack roll I will tell you the success level (poor, average, good, excellent or extraordinary) and if there is damage done (or negated by armor) I will put the total that you have to subtract from your hp. I will not post the step number or result, just the success level and damage taken.

In the combat thread, I would like everyone to keep track of their own damage/uncon/death rating in a format like that. For example, Misthal has taken 5 damage in combat. He posts what he would like to do that combat round and at the end of his post he adds:

5/29/38

This is just to help everybody keep track.

Gamrin's good. His plan was to go to the library anyways....

FWIW, I think I'll be starting to get back into the swing of things next week. Today's the day all the newbs get overall company training and hang with the big wigs, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of things on the actual work.

Having said that, if everybody in my department didn't say "It'll take you at least three months to get yourself to a useful state," I'd have been panicking about two weeks ago. As things stand, my brain doesn't feel like it's being put in a juicer everyday anymore. wink

Ok guys, I haven't forgotten about you. Work is starting to pick up, so less time to post or even read RPG-Post. Plus, my wife and I just adopted two cats, so that'll take a lot of time and adjustment at home.

So, long & short is I'll post when I can, but I can't promise anything other than that. This goes for my other games as well, for anyone (Dawn/Fox/Joani) that happens to read this.

Thanks in advance for the understanding.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I've* been pretty busy at work with a special open ended project at work, on top of learning the ropes on the normal stuff.

I'm good with continuing from the library, but I'm figuring I should respond to the Windlings, so I'm waiting for them. If neither of them post, I'll go ahead by Friday morning.

* Gamrin

If you hate the Magistrate then I've done my job well. Just think, once you get done with the library (I'll try to make it as short as possible, and you shouldn't be dealing with him much directly in there anyway) you'll just have to listen to a speech that he gives and you'll be on your way.

Or, in other words, you won't have to deal with him much longer, so the quicker we get through this section, the quicker it's done.

Archived