World of Darkness: Balance of Power - Venue Discussion

z-Luna

I'm shutting down Werewolf. I've received zero IC response from the players since posting the new chapter. The only replies I have gotten are Dave trying to get others to post and Jer pulling out. So as of right now, BoP Werewolf is closed. Sorry to everyone who participated and is as disappointed as I am that this didn't work out.

That said, I have a chance to run another venue, if people wish. I personally feel I'm best at Mortal and while I could learn Geist, there would be a delay as I got up to speed. Hunter is an option, with the understanding that you won't be allowed to hunt the other PCs - period.

Let me know what you guys are interested in, if anything. If the answer is nothing, then we'll just let it go.

EDIT: So Kara actually posted today, as I was posting this. Regardless, that doesn't change how long it's taking things to happen in this game. I'm still shutting it down because it appears that I have little actual interest in the game, based solely on my player participation.

[OOC] A pity, I would create a Werewolf but Iv yet to study that Venue and honestly im not sure ill have the time, Im still getting to know my new VTR character.

I know Hunter though so if you make Hunter I can join with an exsisting character I played for a while now in TT..

Originally Posted By: Kara Dream-Speaker
If we're folding WW, I'll probably withdraw from BoP. Sorry that my posting rate fell short.

Considering you were one of my more consistant posters, don't worry about it. It took a lot of not-posting to reach this point.

Sorry to here of the demise of the WW Venue - I was late to join it and my posting in general has been hosed this week. I've logged on now specifically to post to the WW and found it gone, but I can appreciate Dawn's pov.

Thanks for trying to do it Dawn.

Well that's ducky. Thanks to everyone in the WW game for sitting on their thumbs and letting this one die. I was one of the last to post in the previous thread and was hoping someone would do something...

Again, I've gone and given people way to much credit. I'm pretty irritated about this. I'm so tired of relying the slow posters who have their hands in everything to finally getting around to posting something. It sucks.

Personally I think the Mage-Venue is to blame for this. Once that was up lots of people scurried to it instead of focusing on establishing the other fledgling Venue - but that's just my subjective point of view.

Very sucky indeed since WW would've been the only other venue I would be interested in BoP - but I wanted to have the Vampire solidly established before I split up my attention to another PC in this game.

Lavinia, WW has always had a hard time getting posts, and posts are the best way to gauge interest. When a new chapter was left alone for days after taking two and a half months to get 55 posts (and that with Dave occassionally prodding people), I can't help but think that people aren't that interested in the venue. That's fine - I'm more upset for the other people who were keenly interested in this venue. I'm ok about it - I've gotten very zen about games coming and going.

Zen is good - I assume Luna and you are the same (Luna being you're BoP ST account?) and it's really a pity it didn't gauge enough interest. Like I said above I think it's because Mage looked more attractive but that's just the vibe I was getting from chat - it may have completely different reasons why WW didn't lift off which are beyond my knowledge.

Lavina - I don't think you can particularly blame Mage for this as that has had a dirth of posts as well recently. I know for myself RL has reared its ugly head and killed my posting rate for everything over the last couple of weeks. Otherwise I would have posted for the WW, although in the Mage we seem to be stuck waiting for particular people to post...so that's going nowhere at the moment.

Sorry about the post in WW Dawn. I've been off board for a while and when I saw the Logic post thought you might have changed your mind wink

I'd assumed you would have locked it when you closed it, which I see you have now done wink

Yes, and I should have locked it. However, there was no notice saying I'd changed my mind...

You know what? It's not important. Game on. grin

BTW, does anyone have a venue of choice they'd like to see (that we don't have yet, of course)?

Archived