Aberrant: StarGate Atlantis - The Control Room -- OOC Chatter

Dawn OOC

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I have temporarily closed The Storm/The Eye to get things sorted before we have to do a lot more retconning.

Guys, I know that many of you have watched Atlantis. For some of us, it's been a while. Remember that information about the Wraith was slow in coming due to the lack of information available about them. Also remember that 'standard' SGC equipment (like Zats) was not made available to the Atlantis mission because no one knew if they'd be coming back. So they didn't send rare alien tech through the Gate with the expedition. Also, remember that things like generators and other equipment that was irreplaceable is in limited supply.

Please check with me about any of the above: general knowledge on the Wraith, non-standard equipment (anything you wouldn't find in a RL soldier's kit) or rationed/limited supplies.

Sorry for the emphasis, but this is the third time this has come up since I opened the thread yesterday.

Max, Max, Max. This was not common knowledge yet. It wouldn't have been in a briefing because it wasn't known until Sheppard had his life drained and then returned by a Wraith around abouts Season 3. Please edit this out. :)

I actually thought she was talking about Atlantean abilities, like we know some of them had prior to them becoming advanced enough to Ascend. I don't recall if that information was discovered before or after the start of the Atlantis mission.

To avoid future issues regarding my gear, I've looked up what is standard gear for an Army Ranger. I didn't understand that a zat would be a gadget or I would have invested in gadgets--a stun gun can come in mighty handy--I'm just used to gear falling under resources and couldn't think of anything I would reasonably have access to to buy as a gadget. Partly the description in Adventure threw me.

Since I am on an SG team, though, I'm guessing that I am stuck with their standard gear instead of the m4a1 I would have used as a ranger.

I'm done for now. Evana is just doing her thing and trying to keep the peace amongst the Jarheads and Squints. All we need now are leather jackets, greaser hair-do's and a sing along...

Unless someone approaches Evana and starts a discussion with her, it's safe to assume that she's just doing her thing until the mission continues.

I have posted everything I can think of to post at this juncture. Until it is time to move through the gate, I don't think I will have anything to post.

And of course I'm going to follow Evana. I don't trust that crazy broad enough to turn my back on her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By the by... someones didn't put up their PC profiles, so when I was counting noses for experience and assigning xp, I missed a couple of people. Those unnamed someones have now been awarded xp.

Also, to everyone: the monthly xp award is up. :D

• 2 months later...

SOOOO...

My schedule seems to be settling. Here's the deal. All of the games I run get updated on Sundays now (barring travel and other stuff). I will post on Sundays, regardless of whether anyone else has posted or not. I'll be moving people as needed, so if you don't want me to have your PC act in whatever way necessary to move the scene, please find time to post. That may seem draconian, but this way we'll have weekly updates.

Second, I want role call. Who's still here with me? Also say if you're not interested in continuing to play. If you aren't, please let me know if I can kill your PC because we're getting to a scene where that can dramatically happen. If I don't hear from you by next Sunday, I'll assume you're not interested.

Play on!

As much as I wanted to give this a try...I just dunno if it's working out.

It may just be one game too many, or maybe the character is built with too much focus on a single thing...but I'm just not connecting to what's going on. Unfair of me to expect to be NPC'ed while I work it out...especially because there's a good chance I'll be busy doing other posts and -not- working this out.

So I don't really not want to play...but I think my reach has exceeded my grasp. Apologies.

As much as I wanted to give this a try...I just dunno if it's working out.

It may just be one game too many, or maybe the character is built with too much focus on a single thing...but I'm just not connecting to what's going on. Unfair of me to expect to be NPC'ed while I work it out...especially because there's a good chance I'll be busy doing other posts and -not- working this out.

So I don't really not want to play...but I think my reach has exceeded my grasp. Apologies.

This is why I'm asking. :) May I kill Dr. Keller for story reason?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the post I just put up: feel free to react as you would. You have seven people in the middle of camp, dressed like Ren Faire rejects, clearly responsible for trashing your tents. Also, they can't be harmed by bullets or knives (or anything, for cinematic reasons, until you get your powers. Yes, that will be soon). You have about a minute to act before the update, so keep that in mind as you post. The lack of ability to do anything against them is temporary... Questions?

I have been asked by more than one person to hold off normal updates here so they can post. So updates will occur next Sunday. If you haven't posted and wanted to, this gives you a reprieve. If you have nothing to post, please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I'd like to propose a pair of new Knacks (and help working out detail on one of them).

Epic Dexterity: Muscle Memory

Through training and repetition, many motor tasks and physical activities grow more efficient and effortless, decreasing the need for attention as the body recalls the movements. A Scion with this Knack can develop such muscle memory with far greater ease, able to embed the skills in the flesh in far less time. As such, the experience needed to increase the Athletics, Brawl, Firearms, Melee, and Thrown skills is reduced by half, rounded down.

Note: This is effectively an alternate version of Fast Learner/Star Pupil. It effects the same number of skills as Fast Learner (arguably less, since Science requires a specialty), but Intelligence isn't necessarily the only quality that effects how quickly certain skills can be learned.

Epic-Dexterity or Epic Perception: Sharpshooter

Prerequisite: Trick Shooter

The Scion is a virtuoso at ranged combat, using precision and a keen eye to make every shoot count. When making Marksmanship or Thrown damage rolls, the Scion made his bonus successes from Epic-Dexterity/Epic Perception to the total, though in the case of Thrown weapons, these extra success are substituted for those granted by Epic-Strength, the Scion doesn't get to add both. Further more, when using Firearms, the Scion can only get this bonus when making single shots, not when using Autofire, though he may still decide to take two actions to shoot twice, and incurring the regular multiple action penalty.

Note: Submitted this idea because, looking at it, soon, damage from Firearms gets quickly overshadowed by melee and thrown weapon damage from Epic-Strength. Yes, Epic-Dexterity can add a great deal of extra dice due to Threshold successes, but it still doesn't compare to extra successes. However, as much sense as it seems to make this knack an Epic-Dexterity one, it makes Epic-Dexterity too good, affecting attack rolls, Defense Values, and now Damage. As such, I propose making it an Epic-Perception Knack (takes a good eye), that still requires an Epic-Dexterity knack as a prerequisite. Maybe further limiting the Epic-Perception that can apply to no higher than the Scion's Epic-Dexterity. Could also say this Knack requires a point of Legend to activate for the scene.

What do you guys think?

Archived