Aberrant: StarGate Atlantis - The Control Room -- OOC Chatter

Dawn OOC

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll admit to being tempted by the world - but I don't know scion or have any of the books - and I'm looking at maybe starting a IE character. I don't think I want to join at this point - but next time you have an opening if I'm not too swamped I'd love to look into it.

Sure, LL. If you change your mind and decide you're interested now, I'd be happy to integrate you.

Just for Jer and Jas: we currently have a soldier and a (insane) native guide. Please let me know what your concepts are before creating the PC. :)

• 2 weeks later...

You pick 6 favoured skills (which generally should make sense depending on your character's occupation/background) and 6 favoured purviews (chosen between purviews and epic attributes). IIRC, I don't think the pantheon purviews from beyond the main book were allowed, but I could be wrong.

For backgrounds, I think you had to spend at least 1 point on Rank (by the way, I think we were using mostly Aberrant-style backgrounds than the Scions ones). Also, there is the ATA Genome background, the higher rank allowing you to use more sophisticated Ancient Technology. Ranks beyond 2 should be very rare or have a very good reason for having them. I think Dawn said as an example, Sheppard had a 4, and only O'Neill had 5 (or those might be lower by 1 and only Ancients themselves had a 5).

• 3 weeks later...

Where are the House Rules posted?

Haha... good question. The answer is there aren't. I was playing this game pretty loosely. At this moment, I don't have a concrete list of house rules. I'll be working on that. Please remember that this was an experiement/mash up between Scion and Adventure/Abby. I'll update the list as soon as I can but I'll be drawing it all from my head.

I'm still thinking. My creative engines are currently focused more on the other two characters I'm working up, and on writing up that fic for DR. One of the characters is up and running, so she should be draining less creative output soon--that initial investment establishing the character is the part that leaves me having trouble coming up with other characters. Once they are running smoothly, it is easier to add a new stream, as long as I remember to never cross the streams.

Approved:

Yseult

Inoae

Paul

Curtis

Max

Moira (Jas's PC)

Bannon (OTN's PC)

Submitted pending approval:

Wyrd

If you are interested, please have something - even just your initial rough build - PMed to me by this evening. I have more than enough PCs to proceed with the game; I'll post a starting thread no later than October 1.

If you haven't yet, please read Weir's Journal. It has a teaser for you guys. :)

Approved:

Yseult

Inoae

Paul

Curtis

Max

Moira

Bannon

Simon (Wyrd's PC)

Pending: none.

See my requests above. :) I'd expected to have to fine-tune submissions this week, but you guys have been right on top of stuff. Nice work.

My next goal is to do a write up like was accomplished for Argonauts while the Stories from Pegasus fics finish up. Then we'll get started on the next episode.

"Tch," clucked a mild voice from behind Bannon. "She didn't say 'gift.' She said 'The Gift.' It's what wraiths call it when they give life energy back. There was a briefing about it not too long ago. Y'oughtta keep up on those."

Max, Max, Max. This was not common knowledge yet. It wouldn't have been in a briefing because it wasn't known until Sheppard had his life drained and then returned by a Wraith around abouts Season 3. Please edit this out. :)

Archived