Scion: Legends of the Wild West - Part 1b: For A Few Scions More

Ouroboros

Cherry turned and heard a voice faintly calling her name. Odd... she though as she crept away from the graveyard, slowly following the voice as it called her name over and over. Twenty minutes later she was reluctantly riding out of town, her horse whickering in irritation at the nighttime ride that had disrupted its sleep. Unbidden the horse picked up speed and began to gallop flat out. Cherry, caught off guard, at first tried to reign the beast in but she eventually gave up as the animal continued despite her best efforts. The hours flew by as the ground did likewise, and Cherry, bound north to a destination she knew not held on as best she could...

Cherry's story continues here.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yeah?" He retorted with a huff. "Maybe we will and let the two o' ya get torn t'pieces by whatever's lurkin' out here. I ain't got time to be arguin' with some upscale snob whose dress is hiked up so tight we can't tell where her chin ends and her only like able qualities begin!"

Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
Chrysanthemum looked between Cora and Hadicall quickly, her loose, slightly frazzled blonde hair bobbing about atop her head as it tried to follow the motion.

"Oh for pity's sake," she lamented. "We're all obviously out here for the same thing." The blacksmith faced Cora and Ian. "I'm real sorry if we offended you."

"I'm not." Hadicall said, folding his arms like a juvenile. Poena pointed to the earth now and with his arms folded the lightning crackled and snaked its way across his torso. Hadical was a big, broad shouldered man and while he may not have been currently using his physique to intimidate anyone his bearing alone still projected his power nonetheless.

Chrys continued, undaunted by Hadicall's childishness.

Quote:
She looked down at the gravesite and waggled her free hand at it. "...we took a peek here, and I figure whoever was buried here musta dug himself right back out. Marks in the ground make it look that way, anyway. An' the question that comes logical-like from that is...where'd that body get off to? I ain't much of a tracker, and this ol' graveyard's seen way too many feet for me to pick out which is which."

"Don't suppose either of you folk might have skills in that direction?" She glanced over at Hadicall. "Or you?"

"Nope." He shrugged, still pissy. "But when he find it I'll blast its carcass t'Hades, rest assured."

The thought of shooting something and looking incredibly cool in front of the lovely ladies seemed to make a slight grin spread across the Scion's lips.

Deciding to ignore the big boy's petulance for the time being, Ian nodded slightly to Chrys, tipping his hat back a bit to clear his vision, his expression becoming a bit more serious than it had been previously.

"I'm a bit of a hand at that type of thing, ma'am - I'll see what I can do. But I would ask that y'all hold off on the blastin', 'less we don't have much choice in the matter. After all, sometimes ya' end up blastin' somethin' useful, and once ole' Uncle H has a hold of em, he don' allow 'em many visitors. 'Sides, I doubt that corpse had much choice in the matter, so maybe y'best save yer shootin' for whoever's draggin' up outta the ground, once we find them, hm? Maybe the good widow can even give her husband a right proper burial this time - make sure it sticks an' all."

As he spoke he crouched down, his eyes straining to study the footprints and shuffle marks of the cemetary floor. The droll humor seemed more reflex than pointed, and the bulk of the scruffy-looking man's focus was on the area around them than it was on either the stubborn yet intimidating lightening rod, or the two lovely visions standing next to him.

"Damned if it ain't darker than Ares' heart out here..."

Click to reveal..
7d10 → [1,1,4,7,5,2,2] = 1 suxx + 1 auto (M.Per) suxx = 2 suxx

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2486208/

Ian hunkered down to inspect the grave more closely. Despite the darkness he was able to see that what Chrys had said was true, the occupant of this grave had departed it of its own accord, or at least under its own power by accord of another, if Cora was indeed talking to the corpse's true owner. Ian nodded thoughtfully, it would be easy enough, even with the darkness, to follow the corpse's trail.

As Ian was inspecting the grave and ground there came the sound of a woman's voice, oddly ethereal and yet resonant as though speaking through a tin bull horn. "Children!" it scoffed, "No wonder your parents always make you a burden for the rest of us to bear. Hadicall, stop acting like a petulant child. These two, well three really taking Ms. Chrysanthemum, are your cousins. Or maybe nephews and nieces, I really can't say I honestly understand how humans delineate relations." Hadicall frowned at his sidearm, "Don't you frown at me mister." The others quickly oriented on the voice, Cora and Ian realizing that the massive sidearm was talking.

"Cousins?" Hadicall repeated. "Y'mean?"

"Ah, I see a flicker of thought somewhere in that yawning chasm you call a brain..." Poena replied, the runes pulsing in synch with her syllables. "They are, like you. Although more so, I suspect. They seem at least moderately competent."

"Like me?" He repeated once again, then smiled broadly as if he was no longer irritated or insulted by any of their actions. "Well crap cakes n' apple butter... why didn't they just say so!?"

"Name's Hadicall Cerauo. Scion of Zeus and Hunter of Titanspawn. Been collecting divine bounty on those bastards for the better part of a couple years now." He paced around a bit before continuing, letting Ian continue his inspection of the dirt. "Coulda saved us all some time, that's fer sure. Got ol' 'Betty' here as my last payment. Ain't she a beaut? If yer all like me, then taking down some deadders ain't gon' be to difficult. This night's lookin' up!"

Ian glanced up from his inspection of the tracks to observe the interaction between the gun and the big Scion. His lips twitched slightly with amusement, but to his credit he didn't laugh in Hadicall's face and the man's obvious denseness.

"Sorry about the confusion, Hadicall, Scion of Zeus. I suppose that would make you an uncle of sorts, an' if that ain't awkward I don't know what is, so we can probably just stick to "cousins" if you prefer. But I'm a Scion of Hermes, which makes me part-messenger, part-tracker.."

Part thief, part swindler...

"...and a bit of a 'people person', some might say."

He stood up then, dusting the dirt off of his knees lightly and straightening up, taking a brief moment to admire the gun.

"You are right about one thing, that weapon is quite a piece of work, an' I suppose a talkin' gun is only a mite stranger than a talkin' horse, no offense to Ol' Betty or anything. One day I might be used to all this - in the meantime I'll just keep pretendin', I suppose. Let's hope you're right about the rest too - nothin' would suit me better than wrappin' this up with enough time to enjoy a bit o'the evening. But on that note, we best get movin' - I do believe Mr. Wallace headed off in that direction."

He gestured towards the path that the corpse's tracks indicated, resting a hand lightly on one of the two pistols strapped around his waist. There was nothing mystical-looking about the weapons, but his hand rested on them like a man at ease with their use - always a plus going into these types of situations.

"Hah! I knew it!" Chrysanthemum crowed, pointing at Hadicall. "You sure are coy about that...though I ken see why, since folks think yer funny if you go around tellin' 'em you've got a god for a pa...but shoot!"

She turned her wide, beaming smile on Ian and the others too. "Glad to meetch'all too! I'm Vulcan's little girl..." she swung her hammer around in a whistling arc and perched it jauntily atop her shoulder again. "Chip off the ol' block, ya might say."

"Now lets go find this runaway body!"

Little effort was required to track the corpse, at least to Ian's trained eyes. The body walked in a shambling step that resulted in long drag marks where its feet brushed the ground. The trail, as a result, was a clear one. It didn't take them long to reach one of the gates that breached the white fence surrounding the cemetery and from there out into the plains. Thankfully the body had walked away from town and not towards it, that meant fewer chances of bystanders to get in the way.

An hour later they were wading through tall plains grass, the trail had transitioned from footsteps to broken and trampled grasses but was still easy enough to follow. There was a slight rise and as they crested it they looked down into a camp of sorts. There were a number of figures standing aimlessly, and at the center a small fire, its light having been hidden by the rise, and a lone figure sitting.

Swiftly Hadicall retrieved Poena from her holster and grinned like a mischievous child. "There it is, let's git' t'shootin."

Bluish-white lightning crackled up and down his arm and he nodded his head in the direction of the lone figure. "Ian, Miss Greene... y'might wanna find a shady spot this'll be over in no time."

After having bid a polite good-night to the spectral fellow and the other ethereal personages (didn't these people, distant relatives or no, realize how rude they were being?), Cora wasted no time catching up to the other Scions. She spent the walk in relative quiet, only occasionally grumbling under her breath about sore feet and wishing they'd bothered to procure something to drink before going traipsing off across the plains.

The snapping of the fire caught her attention before the sight of it, focused as she was on the ground underfoot, and hoping to avoid the small things that scuttled and slithered in the evening grasses. She knelt on the rise, gripping the twisted knife (what else could it be?) in her hands anxiously.

When Chrys spoke, Cora whispered quietly in response, though there was an undercurrent of warning. "Ah'm not sure the identity is important. Whoever he was, Miss Hammersmith, he died, and it didn't quite take, so if you are intendin' to go have a little fireside chat, conversation might be on the brief side."

"Miz Greene, Mr. Cerauno. I think I'm gonna have ta' agree with Miz Hammersmith on this one.. ah' do believe she's intended on talking to the one in the middle.. looks a bit more on the livin' side to me."

He glanced briefly at Hadicall, gauging the gunslinger for the expected annoyance. He didn't seem much like the "questions first, shoot later" type, and Ian was pretty sure that Ole' Betty would do more damage to him than his regular ole' six-shooters would do to Had were the big guy to get too impatient.

"'Sides, you never know who the top dog is, right? Might be there's more to this than what it seems. We should make the effort, anyway. Hadicall, could you stay up here, keep an eye out on Miz Greene and on us down below? I'll go with Chrys if that's all right with y'all. Best ta' have someone there with her in case she finds herself up a creek, no offense Miz Hammersmith. Anything goes wrong down there, we'll get outta' the way so you can start shootin', big boy. Sound like a plan?"

"As you like, Mistah Gallager," she replied evenly, her voice scarcely more than a murmur as she stared at the group around the campfire. "Though it was to the one in the middle that I was referrin'."

She hoped that her assumption was incorrect, or that she'd misunderstood somehow the information that her mother had given her, but the only way to find out was to wait and see what happened.

He studied Cora for a moment, then turned his attention back to the figure in the middle, remaining quiet for a moment or two before he nodded slightly at the beautiful southern belle.

"Well, dead or alive, maybe we can still get somethin' outta the bastard 'for we send 'im down to Hades. Miz Hammersmith, Mr. Cerauno.. if y'all are ready?"

Chrys nodded and started circling around along the top of the ridge away from the others. Once she'd gotten a good few paces along, she started down. The reason for not heading straight down quickly became apparent...she wasn't subtle in descending, kicking up all manner of gravel and dust. By moving away, she made sure that watchful eyes would be drawn away from 'the cavalry' waiting up top, rather than towards them.

"Scuse me, mister. Thought I might have a word?"

Chrys and Ian made their way down to the fire and as they got closer and the light became better it was abundantly clear that the half dozen standing figures around the fire were not among the living. The most recent was evident to both Chrys and Ian from his pallid complexion but otherwise intact flesh; the oldest was far more decayed with green rotting flesh sloughing off in spots while other bit of flesh were bloated and distended grotesquely.

The undead apparently took no notice of the newcomers but the man by the fire did as he heard them approach. Of middle height and rail thin Chrys recognized the man instantly as the one who had visited her shop earlier that same day. He sat at the fire without boots in only ragged pants and his undershirt, the fire apparently keeping the cool night air at bay for now. "Who's that? Who are you?" he asked as he turned to look at their approach.

On the rise Cora and Hadicall looked down into the depression and the man's words filtered up to them in the darkness. Though Hadicall wasn't known for his smarts this wasn't a situation that needed much to draw a conclusion; he recognized the man's voice as the owner of the strange Gatling rifle from earlier in the evening when he'd been trying to get Alpha re-shod at Chrys' smithy. He also suddenly recalled the odd odor that had preceded the man by mere moments; the odor of an old rotting corpse.

"Well!" An incredulous grin spread over Chrys' face when she recognized the stranger. "I know you! You were at my place before!" She laughs and shakes her head.

"Who'da thunk it? But mister, this whole..." the blacksmith waved at the milling throng of undead, "...that stuff you're doing's gettin' folks mighty riled up, both living and dead. Any chance we could getcha to put 'em back in the ground where they belong?"

Chrys and Ian moved into the radius of the fire and the man took a good long look at Chrys before replying, "Excuse me miss but I haven't the foggiest idea what you mean. I've never seen you before in my life." He looked down at the ground and then at the zombies, "I didn't do this, I'm trapped here."

Quietly Hadicall looked down on his 'colleagues' while they approached the firelight. Although it was too far for him to hear all of the conversation a few echoes crept up over the hills, carried on the night wind. "Huh." He snorted. "The old 'I'm trapped here defense'. Dunno why we're wasting our time Betty, the laws are simple, only Zeus or Hades have say over which souls are permitted to leave the Underworld and I doubt they've got proper clearance. We need to be down there doing my daddy's work an' blowin' holes in those lumps of flesh."

Poena groaned audibly, the measure of irritation in her tone was obvious. She was only at this idiot's side at the command of his father, Zeus. Like all Olympian creatures and spirits as the King of the Gods she had to obey his commands. His rule was absolute. Needless to say she didn't have to enjoy it. "I hope you die as soon as possible." The spirit gun complained, wanting to back at her home upon Olympus enjoying her eternity without babysitting the mewling offspring of the Gods. Once Hadicall was dead she was freed from her service to Zeus, until the next time he called upon her.

"Huh?" Hadicall asked, paying more attention to the scene below than his sidearm.

"Uh, I uhhh... was just saying," She hadn't realized she'd said that out loud. "You can fly. As soon as possible, if this gets ugly, take to the skies. You have the advantage of high ground."

The bronzed Goliath nodded in approval of her strategy. "Yeah, good thinkin'. I fergot that."

"Just trying to help..."

Ian glanced silently at Chrys, considering the implications of her recognizing the man, and yet not being recognized. He kept his hand casually at his side, not resting on his firearm by any means, but ready to draw quickly if he had to. However, the need for any kind of quickness seemed unlikely now - the confused creature didn't seem hostile, and the shambling undead seemed to pay them no notice. So it was information Ian was focused on now. If this man didn't know anything.. someone must.

"An' if you're foggy on any of that, jus' tell us what you do remember, if y'don't mind."

"I ain't trapped in mah body! Ah'm trapped 'ere in this spot. These monsters'll tear me ta bits ifn I try and leave." As demonstration he stepped out of the immediate circle of firelight and the zombies immediately started to orient on him and move toward the man. He quickly retreated to the fire and sat back down. "I was comin' inta town on ma 'orse. Stopped to take a leak and this creetcha, looked like a man two days dead 'e did, it came up outta tha grass and attacked me. Ah shot im twice but it di'n't do nuthin'. 'e bit me, drank some ah my blood." He indicated a scabby wound covered with dried blood on his arm. "Next thin' Ah knew it looked like me! Made me give it mah clothes and 'den it bade me ta sit a spell or make a dinnah for 'is minions," he waved his hand at the zombies. "Ya gots ta help me!"

"That's a heckuva story, mister," Chrysanthemum mused. "But I think I believe it. You ain't got that gun he was carrying, and no way would someone leave that behind if they had an option about it. Besides, helpin' you looks like it means puttin' these bodies back in the soil...which is why we came in the first place. You'll want to keep your head down though."

She hefted the hammer off her shoulder.

"Y'all with me?" Chrys asked the other godsons around her.

(Assuming the answer is 'yes,' I think it's Clobberin' Time!)

Killian nodded as he listened to the man's story. As Chrys spoke he flashed her a grin, and pulled his guns out of his holsters as he called out to the other two Scions, his voice carrying across the distance.

"Let's see Ole' Betsy in action, Had! But do try to avoid this poor gentleman, an' just aim for all the dead ones around him!"

His gaze scanned over the zombies ringing the two Scions and the apparently unlucky bastard they were guarding. As he sized them up, doing a quick count in his head, he muttered quietly to the poor sap, though not loud enough to carry further than the ring of zombies.

"Once we start blastin, I suggest you try runnin'."

And without saying another word, he turned to the zombies closest to the man, and aimed one of his pistols directly at the nearest one's head, obviously readying his shot.

Click to reveal..

Taking surprise action to aim, unless I can aim first and then shoot as the surprise action, in which case I will modify the post after clarification.

Roll for Join Battle: 6d10 → [2,5,2,4,2,8] = 23

(Not sure if that's successes or just a total number or what, I haven't done Scion combat before and I couldn't quite get it from the book.. but then again, it's 2 a.m., LOL, so I'll just figure it out and modify if I need to.)

Chrys noddded at Ian and swung her hammer off her shoulder and around and back as if it was a golf club. For a second she held it steady there, then with a grunt she rushed at the walked dead, whipping the black iron mallet back around with a twist of her waist that gave it enough extra speed that it whipped dust up off the ground as it passed it on the upswing!

(Join Battle: (07:10:36) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 6d10 and gets 7,10,10,1,8,1)

(Hammerclobber! 7 dice plus 1 success from epic strength = (21:47:17) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 7d10 and gets 2,1,1,4,2,10,9) 3 success on attack

(Damage is 10 dice +1 from epic strength = (21:48:24) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 10d10 and gets 4,9,8,3,3,9,8,6,9,2.) 6 success on damage.

"Bout damn time!" Hadicall said excitedly. He grinned with delight and kicked off from his mound above everything and started running down into the field below, arm out and "Betty" cocked. The blueish white glow around him sparked up into an electrical current that danced across his arm and down into his hand. The runes across Betty's surface flares up and then exploded with energy as the muzzle flash lit up the night with a powerful clap of thunder! From the barrel and toward one of he undead came a horizontal bolt of pure lightning! Ripped from the heavens itself the force of nature bore into the chest of the walking dead, filling the air with the stench of scorched flesh.

Click to reveal..

Surprise Round Atttack (16:56:34)(Hadicall) rolls 9d10 and gets 9,9,3,9,3,4,3,8,10. 6 Sux.

Raw Damage Pool: 11L

Join Battle: (16:59:54)(Hadicall) rolls 5d10 and gets 10,9,1,1,1. 3 Sux.

Hope I didn't just screw something up, but if the PCs have the surprise then he'd take one out. Since it's a surprise round, wouldn't our join battle apply after the surprise round? If not, just slap me an tell me to be silent...

Surprise Round

Despite her heavy hammer Chrys swung the bludgeon round as though ti were light as a feather and charged the nearest zombie (#1). Her hammer slammed home catching the undead in its distended stomach with a massive impact. Ribs cracked and rotting flesh split and ruptured spraying and spilling gore everywhere. The zombie itself was tossed backward like a rag doll, landing in a head yards away.

Click to reveal.. (Chrys' attack)

Zombie DV: 1

Chrys' Damage = 3 sux + 10 + 1 + (1) = 14(1)B

(18:41:05) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 14d10 and gets 8,10,10,7,8,8,6,1,4,10,2,1,4,7.

Damage = 12 - 6 soak = 6 (zombie is now -1)

Spurred on by the sudden onslaught of combat Hadicall threw himself forward and brough his massive gun to bear, lightening crackled and then lanced out and speared another zombie (#2) with the power of a storm condensed into a moment of fury. Skin blackened and the corpse twitched and danced as electricity coruscated over it tossing off sparks and wisps of smoke from the cooked flesh.

Click to reveal.. (Hadical's Attack)

Zombie DV: 1

Had's Damage = 5 sux + 5L + 1 = 11L

(18:49:40) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 11d10 and gets 1,4,7,1,9,3,10,7,9,8,9.

Damage = 8 - 6 soak = 2

Ian's gun was in his hand in a flash and leveled at the next nearest of the walkin' dead (#3). Controlling his breathing and holding the weapons steady he aimed and waited for the perfect moment to unleashed his attack.

Click to reveal.. (Join Battle)

Hadicall: JB 3

Ian: JB 1

Chrys: JB 6

Zombies 1-2: JB 0

(18:32:35) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 3d10 and gets 1,6,6.

Zombies 3-4: JB 1

(18:32:38) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 3d10 and gets 9,2,4.

Zombies 5-6: JB 1

(18:32:41) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 3d10 and gets 5,4,9.

Tick 0: Chrys

Tick 3: Hadicall

Tick 5: Ian & Zombies 3-6

Tick 6: Zombies 1-2

Click to reveal.. (Zombie Deets)

DV: 1

Soak: 6/6

Health: 3x -0, 3x -1, -2, -2, -4, destroyed

Zombie 1: 6B damage (-1, DV 0)

Zombie 2: 2L damage

Zombies 3-6: OK

Next Tick is Tick 0, Chrys is up next, you have until Saturday at this time to post.

Tick 3.

((Skipping Chrys, she had till 7:00pm tonight & missed the train.))

Slowly Hadicall walked down into the battlefield. Gun at the ready as he grinned delightfully while the first bolt tore into the zombie. His finger squeezed once more and the charge summoned forth from his arm to his gun.

The bolt ripped once more through the night air leaving a acrid taste of ozone in everyone's mouths but it collided with his target again and coursed violent electricity through it body, searing flesh and causing long dead tissue to combust.

Click to reveal..

Movement: slowly closing the distance, walking and firing all tough guy like...

Gun Attack:(22:57:10)(Hadicall) rolls 9d10 and gets 2,1,7,8,8,4,6,8,3. 4 Sux.

9L Raw Damage Pool.

Damage: (23:01:41)(Hadicall) rolls 9d10 and gets 7,10,5,3,6,5,4,1,9. 4 sux.

4 - 6 = 0. No damage.

Next Tick is 5.

Despite Hadicall's impressive display of pyrotechnics, the Scion of Hermes maintained his focus. The zombie lined up directly in his sights, he fired at it's head, his shot centered right between the undead creature's eyes.

Click to reveal..
6d10 (+2 for Aim, two sep. rolls) → [1,3,9,5,9,5,2] = 2 suxx + 2 auto-suxx = 4 suxx

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2542677/

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2542663/

ST Edit: Peacemaker has +2 Accuracy

2d10=6

not that they mattered

Treating a head shot as a "Fierce Blow" (pg 199) (+1 diff, +2L damage)

Peacemaker Accuracy +2, Damage 4L, Range 20, Clip 6, Speed 5, Piercing

Damage is 4L+2+2 = 8L

6d10=40

2d10=17

7 damage - 6 soak = 1L damage also, it will knock down zombie #3

Ian's next tick is tick 10

Tick 5 continued

Ian's shot hit the side of the deadman's skull and glanced off the animated corpse. The impact gouged a furrow in the creature's head and spun it to the ground where it slowly righted itself. The living dead closest to Morgan made a grab for the man as he tried to cower his way behind the other scions. Moving quickly despite its rotting body the monster grapples with Morgan and quickly gains the upper hand rendering the man helpless and slowly crushing the air out of him.

The last two members of the macabre retinue move for and attack Chrys and Ian, being the targets closet to the and thus easiest for their remedial intelligence to grasp as viable targets. Ian quickly danced out of the zombie's reach, avoiding the fetid fist as it flew forward. Chrys, who'd taken a moment to recover from her attack and enjoy watching the zombie's graceful arc through the air was likewise able to avoid the strike against her.

Click to reveal.. (Zombie actions)

Zombie #3 - stand, misc. action speed 5 DV-1

Zombie #4 - Clinch - Accuracy 4, Damage 6B, Parry DV —, Speed 6, P

(08:34:46) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 4d10 and gets 5,10,10,3. = 4 sux vs DV 1

Damage 6B+3+1= 10B

(08:35:40) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 10d10 and gets 1,1,4,2,1,9,9,1,10,3. = 4-2 = 2 bashing

Zombie #5 @Chrys

Unarmed, Light: Accuracy 5, Damage 6B, Parry DV 2, Speed 4

(08:40:48) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 5d10 and gets 8,1,2,10,4. = 3 vs DV 5 (from guarding) = miss

Zombie #5 @Ian

(08:40:46) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 5d10 and gets 1,6,5,7,2. = 1 sux vs DV 3 (4-1) = miss!

Click to reveal.. (Join Battle (continued))

Tick 6: Chrys, Zombies 1 & 2

Tick 8: Hadicall

Tick 9: Zombies 5 & 6

Tick 10: Ian & Zombies 3 & 4

Zombie 1: 6B damage (-1, DV 0, kocked down until tick 6)

Zombie 2: 2L damage (DV 1)

Zombie 3: 1L damage (DV 1)

Zombie 4: grappling with Morgan (DV 0)

Zombies 5 & 6: OK (DV 0)

Next Tick is Tick 6, Chrys is up next, you have 48 hours

Chrysanthemum put a foot forward, angled her hips and shoulders and with a shouted, "HeeeeeeeYAH! swung her mighty 'mantine mallet at the flailing zombie who's embrace she'd just stepped away from. This time the hammer came in an overhead arc, lifted high to silhouette against the moon...then whistling down with all its weight and strength to smash whatever was in its way!

(Clobberin' Time! 7 dice attack pool. (11:54:01) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 7d10 and gets 9,5,7,8,3,1,9. 3 successes on Zombie 5)

Chrys' hammer flew through a high overhead arc and came down squarely on the zombie's head. And bounced off. There was a thwack and the hammer rebounded in the young blacksmith's hands with nary a sign that it so much as stunned the creature.

Click to reveal.. (smoosh!)

Zombie DV: 0

Chrys' Damage = 3 sux + 10 + 1 + (1) = 14(1)B

(13:25:37) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 14d10 and gets 5,4,8,1,7,8,9,3,2,1,1,5,1,2. = 4+1 -6 = 0 damage

that is one shitty damage roll

Across the fire the first zombie (#1) that Chrys had sent flying set up, its chest continued to spill gore as it stood and trudged toward the melee. The second zombie (#2), its skin smoking and blackened by Hadicall's initial attack charged the Jovian and laid into him with a double hand uppercut that only just missed the scion's jaw as he backpedaled away.

Click to reveal..
Had's DV 3 (4-1)

Unarmed, Heavy: Accuracy 3, Damage 9B, Parry DV 1, Speed 5

(13:33:30) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 3d10 and gets 10,4,3.

Miss

Click to reveal.. (Order of Battle (continued))

Tick 8: Hadicall

Tick 9: Zombies 5 & 6

Tick 10: Ian & Zombie 3

Tick 11: Chrys, Zombies 1, 2, & 4

Next Tick is Tick 8, Hadicall is up next, you have 48 hours

Another crackle of lightning tore through the night and bore into the body of the zombie again. Again and again the thunderous boom of Poena rattled the heavens and shook the pillars that held it aloft.

"Damn these buggers are tough!" He complained as every shot scorched and marred and tore into the walking dead but didn't seem to slow it down at all. At the very least h was making the area wreak of scorched dead flesh.

The wind picked up and swirled about him like moaning ghost. His feet left the ground and he floated in place. His eyes bleached white and his hair whipped about him in a wild dance of fury. Poena found herself back in her holster as the Scion of the Lord of Olympus clenched his fists and narrowed his eyes in focused ire. Like a shot he was off, skimming the ground as he soared off towards one of the zombies. Trapped in mid sprint it seemed, with one leg stretched behind him, skimming the surface of the desert sand while his other was bent at the knee.

"By the decree of Zeus: no soul may leave the Underworld with his, nor Lord Hades permission! You stand in defiance of that law. Prepare to be judged!" The desert dust kicked a cloud-like wake behind him and he cocked back his fist preparation to slam it into the skull of whatever was unfortunate enough to get in his way.

Click to reveal..
Turning up the 'cheese' to 11.

-2 penalty. Performing an attack action while making a diceless action (activating a boon).

(17:54:32)(Hadicall) rolls 7d10 2,4,3,9,5,2,1. 1 sux.

Raw Damage: 6L

(18:00:28)(Hadicall) rolls 6d10 9,2,1,6,5,5. 1 sux.

No Damage.

Activation of a Boon - Wind's Freedom (1 Legend + ! Willpower)

OOC: Awarding +2 bonus dice on your next roll for this post

Tick 9

Hadicall's sizzling lightening made stink of the depression, filling the area quickly with the smell of burning flesh layed over the original stench of decaying flesh. As he leaped into the air toward his next target the undead pressed onward in unrelenting attacks on Chrys and Ian. Fists clad in rotting drooping flesh, or claws bereft of flesh entirely, lashed out at the two. Once again Chrys was able to move out of the way only narrowly avoiding the attack. Ian, meanwhile, was struck by a light blow.

Click to reveal.. (Zombie attacks)

Zombie #5 @Chrys

(09:33:44) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 5d10 and gets 5,9,8,7,6. = 3 sux vs DV 4 (5-1) = miss!

Zombie #6 @Ian

(09:33:48) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 5d10 and gets 1,5,10,8,6. = 3 sux vs DV 3 (4-1) = hit!

Damage 6B

(09:34:55) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 6d10 and gets 8,3,2,4,10,5.

3 sux -2 soak = 1B damage to Ian

Zombie 1: 6B damage (-1, DV 0, kocked down until tick 6)

Zombie 2: 2L damage (DV 1)

Zombie 3: 1L damage (DV 1)

Zombies 5 & 6: OK (DV 0)

Click to reveal.. (Order of Battle)

Tick 10: Ian & Zombie 3

Tick 13: Hadicall, Zombies 5 & 6

Next Tick is Tick 10, Ian is up next, you have 48 hours

Getting nicked was enough for Ian to start taking the fight seriously - it wasn't quite the easy job he had been expecting. Then again, he hadn't come up against any zombies before, and he had kind of been expecting them to be slow and easy. His focus on the fight now, readying himself to dodge anything else that came his direction, while at the same time firing between the rotting eyes of the undead creature that had just struck him.

Click to reveal..
Activating "Untouchable Opponent", which I will now remember to do at the beginning of all battles, LOL. LP: 8/9 --> Dodge DV is now 6 base

Roll to Shoot: 5d10 → [7,8,10,6,9] = 5 suxx + 2 auto-suxx from E-Dex = 7 suxx. (7+ is a sux 10 = 2 sux)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2547021/

+2 more dice from weapon accuracy: (07:51:51) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 2d10 and gets 7,8.

Total of 9 sux vs DV 1 (from using Fierce blow) = 8 threshold sux (added to damage)

Treating a head shot as a "Fierce Blow" (pg 199) (+1 diff, +2L damage)

Peacemaker Accuracy +2, Damage 4L, Range 20, Clip 6, Speed 5, Piercing

Damage is 4L (weapon base) + 8 (threshold sux) +2 (fierce blow) +1 (cause the book says so) = 15L

ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 15d10 and gets 10,8,7,2,3,3,8,10,9,5,8,6,9,8,3. = 11 damage! (nice roll) - 6 soak = 5 lethal to zombie #6 (IIRC)

(Hopefully that's all right, still figuring out how to do combat stuff for Scion.)

ST edit: Made some edits and added some explanations to help you follow along (hopefully)

Edit reason: To include link for IC roll.

Tick 10 continued

Ian aimed for the barest hair's breadth of a second and fired the bullet struck true and blasted the back of the zombie's head away in an explosion of clotted blood, bone, and brains. Bereft of even a clump of dead brain tissue the magics animating the zombie failed and the corpse hit the ground, inanimate and fully dead once more. Nearby the zombie that Ian had toppled earlier had regained its feet and quickly charged at the young man its arms swinging wildly. The gunslinger, reflexes supercharged with divine providence, easily avoided the undead's uncoordinated attack.

Click to reveal.. (Zombie attacks)

Zombie #3 @Ian

(08:09:43) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 5d10 and gets 1,8,9,7,1. = 2 sux vs DV 5 (6 base -1 for actions) = miss!

Zombie 1: 6B damage (-1, DV 0, kocked down until tick 6)(chest mashed)

Zombie 2: 2L damage (DV 1)(zapped)

Zombie 3: 1L damage (DV 0)(glancing head shot)

Zombie 5: OK (DV 0)

Zombie 6: 5L damage, destroyed via head shot

Click to reveal.. (Order of Battle)

Tick 13: Hadicall, Zombie 5

Tick 14: Zombie #3

Tick 15: Ian

Next Tick is Tick 11, Chrys is up next, you have 48 hours

With a groan of frustration, Chrys yanked her hammer out of the small crater in the ground it had made on impact and spun away. Her blonde hair had worked halfway free of the bandanna she'd used to hold it back, and her head looked like some kind of comet, with a tail of golden hair streaming off to its left as she faced the living dead. She bumped the hammer's tip against her palm a couple of times, then hauled it back. When she swung it, the hammer seemed to howl as air slammed back into the chasm it left as it moved en route to zombie head city.

(attack! 7 dice. (23:16:31) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 7d10 and gets 7,8,2,4,5,4,6.)

(2 success on that one, plus 1 auto)

Once more the young blacksmith's massive hammer split the air and came crashing down into the zombie's skull. And bounced off. Again.

Click to reveal.. (a gentle tap)

Zombie DV: 1 +1 diff for head shot

Chrys' Damage = 1 sux + 10 +2 (headshot) + 1 + (1) = 14(1)B

(00:36:08) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 14d10 and gets 5,4,5,5,6,2,8,3,1,10,3,9,5,2. = 4+1 - 6 = no damage

As Hadicall flashed through the air toward the first zombie (#1) the animate corpse stood its ground and prepared for a counterattack. Its fist struck the scion dead on but failed to breach the legendary constitution of the child of Zeus. Chrys, her attention diverted by her attack was attacked in kind by another (#2) zombie at her flank but the creature, still twitching from Hadicall's lightening, was unable to land a blow. Nearby the remaining undead help Morgan firm.

Click to reveal.. (Zombie "attacks")

Zombie #1: Attacking Hadicall incoming

(00:50:45) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 5d10 and gets 9,10,7,8,7. = 6 sux vs DV 3 = hit

Damage 6B + 3 +1 = 9B

(00:52:34) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 9d10 and gets 7,6,1,2,10,3,1,9,7. = 5 - 7B = no damage

Zombie #2: Attacking Chrys

(00:54:49) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 5d10 and gets 8,5,1,6,4. = 1 = miss

Zombie #4: Crush on Morgan 6B

(00:55:32) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 6d10 and gets 8,7,3,5,1,6. = 2 - 2 = no damage

Zombie 1: 6B damage (-1, DV 0)(chest mashed)(attacking Hadicall)

Zombie 2: 2L damage (DV 1)(zapped, attacking Chrys)

Zombie 3: 1L damage (DV 0)(glancing head shot)

Zombie 5: OK (DV 0)(attacking Chrys)

Zombie 6: 5L damage, destroyed via head shot

Tick 13: Hadicall, Zombie 5

Tick 14: Zombie #3

Tick 15: Ian, Zombies 1 & 2

Tick 16: Chrys

Tick 17: Zombie 4

Next Tick is Tick 13, Hadicall is up next, you have 48 hours

The lurching dead staggered forward and lashed out a fist carried on the weight of necromantic strength. There was a sudden loud thump as the slow moving (yet surprisingly swift) undead fist found purchase on Hadicall's barrel chest, but the Scion of the Lord of Olympus was moving far faster, was far stronger, and, like the zombie, welcomed a blow for the opportunity to close the gap between them.

He was something unto a blur. With the power of thunder and wind at his beck and call he consumed both the zombie and its pathetic attack with the force of a hurricane! He swept past the other combatants and it was almost comical the way the zombie was there one moment, and simply just gone the next.

"I am Cerauno!" He cried out, his voice like a roaring storm. The winds swirled as he carried the beast up above the battle field, gripping its neck as it clawed and raked in a rabid frenzy. "I am Thunder! I am Wind! I am the law of the Gods made flesh!" Like a falling star the winds spiraled around him and his victim coalescing around him and into the hand where he held the zombie aloft effortlessly. His fist seemed surrounded by a violent storm of clouds as thunder echoed and crashed within the palms of each of his hands.

He reared his arm back and for the briefest moment in time some would have mistaken him for his father when he was younger, arm arched back read to toss down wrath from his mighty Master Bolt. Today however, the thunder answered to his son and the winds bowed to his bloodline as Cerauno lurched back and hurled the undead corpse to the earth below. The desert sands gave way and the vile creature hit with terminal velocity, impacting with a crater in the soft sand that was only slightly visible. Bones were smashed and dessicated organs ruptured as they fell prey to the Scion's wrath.

A split second later Cerauno himself joined the zombie, hitting the ground with a thunderclap as he and the undead began brawling each other with an almost feral abandon. Punching, clawing, snarling, rolling about in the sand and slamming its head into lose rocks... nothing seemed out of bounds for the Scion of the Skies.

The laws of the Gods were broken, and the verdict was in and Cerauno would make sure the sentencing was carried out.

Click to reveal..

Channeling: Vengeance (he represents the wrath of the gods for violating their laws, Retribution in this case)

Hurl To The Horizon

(17:04:07)(Hadicall) rolls 11d10 and gets 8,9,7,10,9,2,7,4,2,10,5. 9 Sux.

Raw Damage: 16L

(17:25:10)(Hadicall) rolls 16d10 and gets 3,6,5,10,10,6,10,6,5,6,3,8,6,9,6​,2. 8 Sux +2 Auto for Epic Strength.

10L - 6L = 4L

ST OOC: +2 die stunt bonus on next action

Hadicall destroyed the zombie with the zeal of a crusader, rending the remains limb from limb until the magic could no longer animate the form. Nearby Chrys was now struggling with a pair of attackers, one of whom lashed out once more with undead strength. While nearby the zombie Ian had only clipped regained its feet and attacked. Neither of the creatures seemed capable of landing solid blows and the arcane energies that animated their flesh seemed incapable of rendering it strong enough to effectively deal with the scions. It was only a matter of time before the children of the Gods won out.

Click to reveal.. (Zombie "attacks")

Zombie #5: Attacking Chrys

(08:41:28) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 5d10 and gets 3,2,10,7,4. = 3 sux vs DV 4 = miss

Zombie #3: Attacking Ian

(08:41:33) ChatBot: (Ouroboros) rolls 5d10 and gets 1,10,4,9,4.= 3 sux vs DV 5 = miss

Zombie 1: Destroyed (chest mashed, torn asunder)

Zombie 2: 2L damage (DV 1)(zapped, attacking Chrys)

Zombie 3: 1L damage (DV 0)(attacking Ian)

Zombie 5: OK (DV 0)(attacking Chrys)

Zombie 6: destroyed via head shot

Tick 15: Ian, Zombie 2

Tick 16: Chrys

Tick 17: Zombie 4, 5

Tick 18: Hadicall, Zombie 3

Next Tick is Tick 15, Ian is up next, you have 48 hours

Archived