Aberrant RPG - Can you emulate Vicissitude in Aberrant?

Two questions:

1) Can you emulate Vicissitude in Aberrant?

2) Can you emulate the final state of the Metamorphosis*?

*The final state of the Tzimisce path of Metamorphosis means that you become in some way a giant más of flesh and bones and living beings, and Mekhet (or Tzimisce) the Antediluvian of the Tzimisce had not only those powers, he was -I think- omnisient.

So, can you whit aberrant make a Tzimisce even more thremendous that the Tzimisces? Can you create something like Visiccitude or even greater?

Thanks for your help. Bye.

Well I do the flesh and bonecraft aspects of the discipline by having Elemental Anima/Mastery Flesh. Hence you can alter flesh like one of the elements. However the internal uses of Vicissitude are somewhere along the lines of Bodymorph and definetly moreso shapeshift.

just my two sense.

The omniscient might be a bit much but hey that's what mega intelligence and the one nova point for all those abilities is for I suppose.

-Menagerie

Elemental Mastery; Flesh is a bit much -- and to be picky, flesh isn't really an element, it's a compound.

Shapeshift is the way to go for internal changes. For external changes, try Molecular Manipulation with the restriction that it only works on organic tissue. For fun, throw in a dot or two of Clone and have fun making twisted, fun-house mirror versions of yourself to torment your enemies.

By the way, Tzimisce, that's one fucked-up ability suite you're looking for there. I actually had a nova named Tzimisce in one of my games. She was an NPC "body artist" who got Chimeric Aberration, Aberration Transfer, Nova Proxy and Mega-App with Face of Terror, just to name a few. She was downright disturbing.

-- Avenger

Only to pick on Avenger because I know you you sad, sad little man smile ...

Though flesh may be a compound I sincerely doubt that sound and light are elements, thought they are listed as examples of elemental mastery and Anima.

Call it what you will, i think we're talking about the same thing. Altering organic matter.

Btw I think its interesting....look at the Vampiric disciplines and think of what power set would apply....Makes for some interesting characters.

Also Avenger if I ever see/hear Tzimisce in a campaign I will have to beat you with your own wooden leg.

-Menagerie.

[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: Menagerie ]

Menagerie --

True, light and sound aren't on the periodic table of elements, you carrot-headed old queen. But sound and light are autonomous entities. Neither are compounds, made up of numerous elements. Flesh, on the other hand, most assuredly is. If you'll allow Flesh to count as an element, you may as well have Elemental Mastery; Wax or EM; Plastic. How about EM; Feces, yeh fuckin' ponce? Bottom line is, things like light and sound are simple. Though things like water and air are compounds, again, they are surpassingly simple ones. Things like Flesh and Plastic aren't even Compounds -- they're Compounds upon Compounds, several Compounds working in tandem to form a complex structure.

Stop trying to win this one you aging rent-boy. You lost this from word one.

-- Avenger

My apologies good sir...I didn't really mean to offend one such as yourself......I was agreeing with you. Flesh is, in accordance to the above diatribe, "not an element." I just thought the word element in elemental mastery was a bit of a misnomer, that's all. Jesus.

Relax.

-Menagerie

At any rate Avenger, the APG states as a possible Element (for Authority) as Toxic Waste. Also, I have no problem with, say, EM Wax, although I can see that as rather unworth (is that even a word?) the NP/EXP expenditure.

At least when I GM, I'd accept pretty much anything, really, as an Element for Anima/Mastery. Sound, Electricity, the Four/Five Natural Elements, Glass (I actually had a fairly decent character for that one), Molten Lava, Hair (Yes, I did seriously consider this one), Light, Dark, Dust, smoke, etc.

Although I'm not entirely sure if I'd allow Flesh/Blood (Although I wouldn't rule it out), I interpret the power as the capability to control something specific. Obviously that interpretation requires GM supervision, but I often find it quite funny the types of EA/M Elements I can come up with. The Inker was but one of the many failed EM ideas to come out of this hyperactive brain...

Menagerie --

Just fuckin' with you, man. Be cool, y'old rent-boy. I didn't mean any harm by it. Tell you what; I'll buy you a cookie next time it's your turn to use the wooden leg. Deal?

Kirb --

Right you are, but honestly -- and this is just my perogative -- I wouldn't allow a lot of those. Toxic Waste, for one, is right out. 'Element' suggests a certain level of complexity (or lack thereof), and I think that you've got to draw the line somewhere. If you'll take flesh, why not "Elemental Mastery; Human"? After all, the one is just a natural extension of the other. I know that seems a little ridiculous, but it's much the same as proclaiming that EM; Flesh is a natural extension of EM; Plasma or EM; Fat.

I don't really have a hard-and-fast rule pertaining to EM, but I do have a line drawn in my mind. After getting EM; Flesh, why in the world would you want anything else?

Ranger --

You're referring to Biomanipulation, and yes, it is a scary power. It can't do quite what a Tzimisce can, but it's damn close. Unfortunately, it's also a Q6 Lv4 power.

-- Avenger

like i said it's going to take a hulluv a lot of xp to do but is posible.

let's see what we can use here...

Mega-App - Appearance Alteration, Face of Terror

Bodymorph - inhuman (something I came up with a while back. Text in a bit)

Elemental ANIMA - Flesh & Bone: Shield, Shaping, Imprison, Claws (range touch only)

Body morph - Blood

Homunculus

Poison (Acid blood, lvl 6 power)

shapeshift - Others(extra)

Claws - Flash whip or Protean 2+ Viccissitude 2 body weaponry

Body mod - tendril, pantagia

combine all these and you have most of the Vicissitude powers. Why did you guys just try to limit it to a single lvl 3? sure it's neater on paper but doesn't capture all the aspects.

---------------------------------------------

like i said body morph inhuman text comming.

Bodymorph – Inhuman:

 Adds 1 dot to desired physical attribute per dot in power

 +1 to soak per dot in power.

 Gains the taint flaw “Sheer Hideousness” when power is activated.

 Dots often translate into levels of claws, armor, or other suitably monstrous power

simplified write up. think I sent it in for submission already.

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: Sidious ]

Archived