World of Darkness: Balance of Power - [Mage]WtKC Mysterium [Fin]

Daven_OOC NPCRM #1

Once she had finished placing her order for dinner, she got up and walked into the Atrium, pausing a moment to feel the resonance and her eyes opened slightly in surprise. She didn't really expect to be invited this close to a hollow, it seemed to suggest a considerable bit of trust on Watcher's part. Taking a seat in on of the chairs she waited for the other Mysterium Mage, or anyone else belonging to the Order to join them.. or for Watcher to speak.

Tinea breezed in not long after Caitlynn did and sat down next to the other mage, since they were the only two besides Watcher in attendance at the moment.

After a moment she shifted her weight and her chair was revealed to have one leg that was a little short, or maybe just bent a bit, so it didn't touch the floor when the other three did. Tinea started rocking the chair absently, making a little tapping noise with the short leg against the floor.

"Well, it seems we are all gathered. Welcome, it is nice to have you both here. Sometime soon we must get together to discuss matters of the order but I believe Chimera would be annoyed with me if I kept you two in here for hours." The old man chuckled.

"As I believe, I am the ranking Mysterium in the area. It would be my preference that I not sit on the council. I am currently involved in some very sensitive research. Perhaps in time I can brief you on it. Are either of you willing to put your selves forward?"

She winced slightly, she had little desire to sit on the council herself, and then she sighed. If no one else wanted the position, then she would, though she would prefer someone else do it. "I am not all that eager to take the position myself, however, if no one else wants to do it, I will. Tinea?" She looked over at Tinea, and she bit her lip slightly, hoping the other mage would let her off the hook.

Tinea chuckled and swatted around her head as if brushing cobwebs aside. "I expect that's how we all feel about it, and why not? Maybe the answer is to knock the box over. What if we each took turns...pre-arranged, pre-agreed appointments. Or are there rules about that sort of thing?"

Watcher smiled at the two.

"A creative notion. I am not sure anyone has ever done that. While it might be curious to see if the council would allow such a thing, our dear Chimera is looking for stability in her new city."

He looked to Minerva. "Well my dear you are the only one who has shown some willingness. Do it for this old man? I assure you both, soon enough, I will show you what I am working on and you will agree it is well worth the trouble of spending some time keeping the city functional."

She sighed, the other option that Tinea had suggested would be an interesting one, but she agreed with the Watcher, she didn't think Chimera would go for it. Of course, they could try and push it through, but that could produce bad feelings, which she was certain that Watcher didn't want. "I'll do it, with a certain amount of reluctance, but I'll do it. However, if I do, I would like one of you to serve as Provost, so that at least some of the responsibilities and duties are spread out, and as Watcher is busy, that would leave Tinea, if your agreeable? On the other hand, if you like, we can do things the other way around?"

Tinea shrugged noncommittally and smiled.

"I suppose it's time I gave something back...and in truth I'm not really engaged in anything else specific at the moment so...yes. I am agreeable. If you want to be involved we can do the Provost thing...or if not, I'm happy to serve by myself."

She sighed happily. "That's a load off, isn't it? Broke the tension a bit."

"Well, doing it that way, we could spread the responsibility a bit, and follow your suggestion of taking turns, in a manner of speaking, sense the Provost and Counselor work hand in hand. Then should either of us desire a change, we can switch things around." She looked over Tinea a moment, then smiled at her. "Of course, that path requires that both of us trust one another deeply, so much that I believe we should be looking to form a cabal together." She then glanced over at Watcher. "As the ranking member of the Mysterium, would that be agreeable to you, sir?"

He nodded slowly. "I think it is an excellent plan. Now before we rejoin the others let me share some information. Currently you two are sitting right on top of my Athenaeum. It is the archive that I have spent sixty years building. In side you will find books on many subjects of fallen and awakened subjects. There are also many artifacts that I have located and collected in my days. You two as members of the order will have access to the front area. In time you may be granted access to the lab and second library which holds my current knowledge on the supernal realm and the abyss. Of course I will need time to get to know the two of you before I can grant access to such powerful knowledge. Behind that in the back section is my private library. Do not attempt to access this section. Later I will show you both how to gain access to the archive."

With that he slowly stood up and picked up his cane.

"Now ladies, shall we return to for food and to see what else Chimera has prepared for us this evening?"

(OOC - Hee, for some reason I thought we'd wrapped this on Daven's post, but then I reread it and nope...doh!)

Tinea nodded happily and got to her feet. "We'll have plenty of time to get to know each other. So far I think we'll work well together. Lets eat!"

Archived