Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Bleach - Chapter 1: The Gathering

Justin OOC

Rangiku nodded. "Alright, Jiro, you're on the Northern sector for recon there. Ayame, You run the Eastern Sector. Akiko I want you to do a full Sweep of this Sector. Mamoru will take the West, and I'll stay here and determine just what we're going to do."

She looks to Jierumi and smiles. "You and I have a little business to discuss."

(OOC, I'm going to turn you all loose abit here, Write up whatever encounter you want, Mamoru will be a reserve NPC SR should he be needed. If it's really needed call Rangiku. There will be no Menos or arrancar but you can run into some pretty nasty stuff. If you choose to run into something I will run the combat for you. Have some fun and explore the city. I haven't really made stats for the city, and I'm going to go ahead and allow you all to construct the city with your posts. It's a city of about 100 thousand people. Have Fun)

Jierumi nodded, but gestured over to the side of the school around a corner. "I'll be around there when you're ready to talk." Then, he uttered a short string of words that no one recognized, but sounded strangely resonated with the Shinigami.

Then, he disappeared, walking under the cover of his illusion to the area he pointed out, although his spiritual pressure remained active.

Ayame nodded at Rangkiku and took to the skies, heading towards her assigned area of patrol. The Eastern sector was mostly quiet, less than a dozen weak hollows in the area. Ayame took the time to track each of them down and dispatch them, as well as to perform a soul burial for two wandering souls. The sector was quiet, but Karakura Town seemed to have an unusually active spiritual content. She frowned, the exertion of the day beginning to wear on her. Training with the squad was one thing, but she was alone in her sector and any misstep here could mean her death, or worse a disruption in the spiritual continuity of Karakura Town.

She made her way meticulous back across her sector to ensure that it was free from anomalous spiritual activity. Tennyo murmured softly to her that this really was a bit much and perhaps it was time to return back to Lt. Rangiku. Certainly they had done their part for the day. Ayame sighed and fought the urge to give in to her zanpaktou's desires.

You must always be the master of your sword, Ayame-chan. It is an extension of your soul; to lose mastery of your zanpaktou is to lose mastery of yourself. Her father's voice echoed in her memory and the young Shinigami pushed away Tennyo's pleas and finished her patrol.

Akiko leaped off without a word. She was honestly mad that two of the hollows had gotten away. With three other soul reapers there was no excuse.

Besides, we could have handled them all without their interference.

"I doubt that is true. You are powerful but still young. If we were strong enough to have handled that situation with ease then they would have put a limiter on me when I was sent here."

Why do you doubt me so much?

Akiko sighed, wishing she could make her zanpaktou understand. From the air she spotted a frog hollow. Drawing her sword she move down at it. As she dispatched it with ease she knew it could not have been the one that disappeared. Drawing her sword she decided to try a different method.

"Charge the Heavens, Kyuukyoku Kiden!"

Holding up her sword she stared in to the blade. She let her eyes start to wander and follow the electricity as it moved up and down.

"If the hollows are within my sight, show me."

Her sight passed in to the electricity and then expanded. She looked through her sector seeking out her prey. Although she found some wandering spirits there were no hallows. That in it self seemed a bit strange. Putting Kyuukyoku Kiden back to rest she went after those spirits. Once they had been sent to soul society she pulled out her scanner and opened it up.

"This is 8th seat Taki. This sector is clear. I am heading home if you would all like to join me for dinner. I should have it ready in one hour."

"I'm going to be honest with you. "You are not going in my report. You are a real oddity Jierumi, One Captain Kurotsuchi would love to study. "That would be the end of you, and I don't think you're a threat, so I'd prefer that not be the path taken. I'm going to ask that you assist us. Things are set into motion to provide acceptable identities for us. I ask you to keep our secret. In exchange we will do all we can to protect this town."

not so much a threat, I was just being honest." She shakes her head. "I'm not very fond of Captain Kurotsuchi, but he is a Captain. A Lieutenant is no match for a Captain."

When Akiko reported in, followed by Mamouru Rangiku smiled. "That will be nice, it allows us a chance to get changed, When you all get done meet at her house."

She looked at Jierumi. "We'll just assume you're invited too. Come on." She took off towards Akiko's house.

Akiko found her apartment abit more cluttered, as a special display screen had been installed, as well as a quintet of Gigai's modeled after each of the Soul Reapers there.

• 2 weeks later...

As Akiko cooked dinner she remained mostly silent. She did not like letting hollows get away. She couldn't help but think about who they would attack next. She also wondered why the others had appeared. Was she not doing a good enough job, or was there something else going on here? She set the table for everyone and placed the food before sitting down and calling everyone to eat. The smile she gave them all reminded Jierumi of the teacher he knew. Earlier she had seemed cold and distant but now she was back to the simply quiet and kind woman who had been teaching at his school.

"Lieutenant, what brings you all to Karakura? I hope I have not done anything to require replacing."

Rangiku, clad now in her gigai wearing a severely strain uniform for the school smiled. "Quite the contrary. Head Captain Yammamoto is pleased with the ability you have shown, but as we've already seen, the attacks a growing in size and intensity. He thought a larger presence would help determine the cause. Captain Hitsugaya and Captain Kyoraku both agreed, and I was dispatched with a mixed team to come here."

She laughs. "You aren't in any trouble Akiko. The higher-ups just want to know what's going on."

She looks at Jierumi. "None of your reports mention our young friend here for instance, but I don't really mind. He seems harmless enough, and he's not too hard to look at."

"I had not been aware of him until now." It was true she had never noticed him. Perhaps sensed some strange spiritual energy in the area but never strong enough to be too worried about it. She had identified it was not a hollow so had little concern about it.

"Had I discovered him before today I would have reported it of course. Lieutenant Ise expects accuracy and punctuality in everything."

Archived