Aberrant RPG Player's Guide Organization

Mr Fox

Rev started the "So what would you change" thread, and there has been some good discussion there about rules/power changes.

What I'd like to know is if you were going to reorganize the Players Guide to make it more intuitive and comprehensible, how would you do it?

Reason I ask is that the book drives me batty trying to find rules and things when I go to look for them. So if you could rip the book apart and glue all the various sections and rules back together in a better format, what would you put where?

Needless to say, the very first change I would make would be to put in a good Table of Contents and Index.

thats easy, separate the rules from the fluff. IMO the biggest reason that book is so hard to find stuff in is that the rules are hidden between fluffy stuff. Part 1: rules, Part 2: Fluff, if you need to refer to one or the other use page refs. done

Beyond that I would organize things according to the same organization of the core book, stats, skills, background, advantages, etc.

heh. The Player's Guide is one of the worst organized books I've ever seen. I've been thinking of cutting up a pdf of the thing and pasting it back together in a more coherent fashion with the addition of an index and table of contents.

Archived