CLEAN SWEEP!!! 11 out of 11!!!

Overall there where funny moments and it was enjoyable. Michael Moore getting trampled by the Oliphant made me spew my drink.

It was bitter sweet to see the cast and crew of LOTRs taking their bow to the world. I have to say it has been like a friend was coming to visit each year during the holidays and won't be this year. On the bright side I have held off buying the DVDs for over two years now in expectation of the special edition trilogy box set that I am sure will be coming out.

One, Bill Murray has every right to be pissed. He got passed over for a no talent druggie hack in Sean Penn. And I certainly know Johnny Depp, who has come a HUGE way from his Jump Street days should get a shot at the gold guy very soon.

But I doubt HIGHLY that Bill Murray will get another chance. The academy won't let him get that close.

Ok, don't like him if you want. But calling him a hack is a little off. I mean, a plurality of professionals in the movie making industry decided he was the best of the five. A plurality of actors alone decided he should be nominated. So, when that happens I figure the people who actually do the work, make a living at it and know the craft say someone has got chops, they are probably not far off.

For the longest time people have been saying that the Academy hates Penn and that he'll never win despite the fact that he's one of the greatest actors of his generation. Guess they were wrong. Depp will probably get another shot, but he doesn't tend to take the kind of roles that cry out for nominations. Murray, while a great actor, unfortunately waited very late in his career to start doing the kind of work that catches peoples attention.

Quote:
Originally posted by target:
Bill murray looked so pissed for the loss though
He probably was. He's made it pretty obvious he has a prettly large (but totally earned) ego on him. I mean, you do the best work of your career and you still lose? It's gotta suck.

• 1 month later...

Archived