Trinity RPG: Back to the Stars - Xiao Dao: Body, Mind, Soul

Krul

Additionally, there was a second ship that arrived at the airlock just after the Ministry Ambassador and the IRSA Pilots and Scouts, stepped onto their new ship. This one had the markings of Norca on it, which was understandable, and when the docking bay opened, there were 5 individuals who stepped out. Included among them where the twins, Anatole and Evana, who had been selected for this mission by the proxy.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sound of a second airlock cycling momentarily filled the docking embarkation area. John turned and quickly cast his perceptions out and surveyed the new ship. "It's the Norça," he whispered to the others from his own launch. The air pumps finished filling the airlock with breathable atmosphere, not that the lack of it would prevent the shifters from boarding if they had set their mind to it, and the mechanical hard seal released with a series of clicks and thuds before the door opened.

John studied the Norça in turn as they disembarked from their transport. There were five of them, including a stunningly beautiful woman and a man who looked similar enough that John was certain they were siblings. For a moment the three groups observed an unplanned silence before John, still amped up on adrenaline, broke from his own launch group and walked toward the newcomers. "Hello. I'm John, one of the ISRA seers. We just just arrived ourselves." He continued and quickly introduced Marvin, Mei, and the others from his shuttle, giving their names and positions aboard ship if he was aware of it.

Lien watched the newcomers with friendly curiosity, hiding her conflict between wanting to meet them and wanting to go lay down for a bit behind a pleasant smile. She was still flushed from the adventure outside; her cheeks were rosy and her skin glowing like warm copper. She bowed politely to the passengers from the other ship when John mentioned her.

"Greetings. I hope your travel here was less eventful than our own. As Mr. Saxon has said, I am Ambassador Lien Mei."

Her other brothers and sister walked down the ramp of the shuttle and into the hangar. She and took a few moments to gather her gear and wait on Anatole, her brother by true blood, not oath. Once they had their things they stepped down the ramp themselves and looked about the massive expanse of the hangar.

This was her first time in space, and already she could feel the subtle different in the air pressure the slight movement of the floor, and the artificial gravity. Other ships were docked in the bay and technicians moved about with equipment and supplies for all manner of repairs or maintenance.

Her icy blue hair caught the attention of some of those nearby and it only a took a glance after that for them to notice her nearly unnatural beauty. A few praises went to various divine figures, as the arrival of an incredibly beautiful woman aboard a star ship of predominantly men was always welcome in their eyes. If sex appeal could win this war, Evana would have probably have a medal of honor by now, and none of them who stopped to gawk never once considered that looking as gorgeous as she did gave her target enough pause for her to run a knife across their throat.

"Anatole," She was partially excited and overwhelmed all at once. This mission was an excellent opportunity for them both. "Look at this place. This is amazing." Her eyes still soaked up the environs like a sponge, she was like a child seeing magic for the fist time. Nothing she'd ever seen could have quite compared her for the real sensation of actually being in space.

Her thick, five inch heels clacked with barely an echo over all the other work that was being done in the hangar as she and her twin followed their brethren at a rather slow pace. Tight black vinyl pants were mostly covered by deep purple leather chaps fastened to her belt. Her half jacket was the same deep purple leather and just tight enough to appeal to others (and herself). It exposed a perfectly sculpted midriff with a pierced naval decorated with three diamonds dangling from a clasp. The jacket was unzipped, again just far enough to expose enough cleavage to appeal to others (and herself), but left some wondering if she was actually wearing anything under it.

On the shoulder of her coat was a badge that bared the insignia of 'Norça'. What was not present was anything that defined her rank or status within that order. Primo's did not wear their profession on their sleeve. She was a cleaner, one of the Norça's assassins and problem solvers.

With a smile that could woo the hardest heart into at least once dance, she took John's hand and gripped it softly. Her skin was soft and smooth, radiating a warmth of kindness. "A pleasure John, truly. ISRA? Excellent," Her charisma seemed to wash over him like a storm of comfort. "We're looking forward to working with you."

Without missing a step Evana turned and greeted the Ambassador, which was a great honor. An Ambassador certainly 'out ranked' her and Anatole in her opinion and she found herself sligtly humbled. Her near impeccable posture stiffened slightly with respect for the woman and her title. "Our trip was uneventful, Your Excellency," Evana used the formal address for her station. "Thank you for your concern, however. It's quite a pleasure to meet you both. I am Evana."

Her eyes popped a bit as she suddenly realized she was being incredibly rude. "Oh! My apologies, I'm being rude." She tugged Anatole up from behind her and brought him into view of the others. "This is my twin brother, Anatole." Her smile remained bright and chipper, it was obvious that Evana loved meeting new people.

Marvin nodded politely. "No need to worry about that, Evana." His smile too was calm and welcoming. "You two excited about this opportunity? I dare-say we all are. I hope you had no trouble incoming?" His voice took on a slight double meaning for those who'd come in with him, with the implication Marvin hoped that the Norca had not been ambushed as they had.

Originally Posted By: Evana
With a smile that could woo the hardest heart into at least once dance, she took John's hand and gripped it softly. Her skin was soft and smooth, radiating a warmth of kindness. "A pleasure John, truly. ISRA? Excellent," Her charisma seemed to wash over him like a storm of comfort. "We're looking forward to working with you."

"And I with you, I'll be the team's eyes and ears on the ground. Scout, pathfinder, what ever you call it." John turned to Anatole and offered his hand to the fellow, "Pleasure to meet you." Marvin made an allusion to their Aberrant run in and John smiled, "We had a little encounter with some Aberrants, luckily the pilot was more than able to deal with them before we got anywhere near the Xiao Dao."

If Evana was a glorious Bird of Paradise, Anatole was a crow. The male twin, dressed in loose black pants, loose white t-shirt, and a worn, dusty black synth-leather jacket emblazoned with the Norca patch on the shoulder, which was bulky enough to conceal the lines of his body (and any number of concealed weapons) blinked once as Evana tugged him forward to meet the other Psions, appearing at first glance to be wide-eyed and tongue-tied as he gazed at them all. The look in his pale eyes was bland, betraying nothing of what he thought, if anything, of the other Psions or the Xiao Dao.

He bowed correctly to the Ambassador, nodded once to Marvin, and took John's hand for a single-pump handshake, a faint neutral smile on his lips the whole time. In contrast to Evana's glossy sex appeal and innate sensuality, her brother appeared unmemorable in appearance or personality. Put a pair of glasses on the man, dress him in a faux-organic suit, and he might be a bureaucrat. It took the others a few moments to realise he'd said nothing at all throughout the encounter so far.

Lien bowed in return to twins and the rest of the Norça entourage, a little nonplussed by the exuberance and the formality and then again exuberance of Evana. Anatole was easier to deal with, if only because at this point Lien was rather used to dealing with people who just stared at her or her charts or talked about her as if she wasn't there. Not necesarily pleasant, but at least pretty simple on her part.

"A pleasure to meet you all," she said, her voice quiet but pitched to carry. She smiled to Evana, "And please, my name is Lien Mei. There is no need for great formalities unless we're...well, doing something formal."

She knew she'd floundered a bit with that and blushed again, her aide behind her supressing a chuckle at Lien's controlled expression. The two knew each other well enough to know that the petite telepath had just flustered herself.

The other three Norca allowed their sister Evana to take the lead, that was her specialty after all, and she was perfect for all forms of social interaction. Two of them were there as combat BioVarg pilots mostly, and the third was a biotechnician, who would be working with others to keep the ship, and bioware in top shape. Thieu names, when they were finally introduced were Angelica, Carlos, and Ramon.

Of course, that was the other thing that was being loaded and added to the Xiao Dao, weapons and armaments. It had yet to reach the full load, but those involved want the ship to be very capable of protecting itself and it's crew.

She glared at Anatole, her lips pursed in mild irritation. She elbowed him in the side with a playful seriousness that only siblings could have managed. "Forgive him." She tried to run damage control for his silence. "He's not very talkative," She glared at him and leaned into him a bit. "But he did promise me he'd at least try to be more friendlier to our shipmates."

The three other Norça officers smirked and chuckled softly, wondering in unison if the poor smart ass at the launch site for their shuttle had his shoulder put back in its socket yet. "We're all on the same team here, right?"

Quote:
Marvin nodded politely. "No need to worry about that, Evana." His smile too was calm and welcoming. "You two excited about this opportunity? I dare-say we all are. I hope you had no trouble incoming?" His voice took on a slight double meaning for those who'd come in with him, with the implication Marvin hoped that the Norca had not been ambushed as they had.

"We're incredibly grateful for this opportunity," she replied. "Although I've never actually been off planet however, so I pray you'll be patient with me as I gain my 'space legs'. I have logged about three hundred hours in an Orgotek Locust simulator, in preparation for this mission."

Quote:
"And I with you, I'll be the team's eyes and ears on the ground. Scout, pathfinder, what ever you call it." John turned to Anatole and offered his hand to the fellow, "Pleasure to meet you." Marvin made an allusion to their Aberrant run in and John smiled, "We had a little encounter with some Aberrants, luckily the pilot was more than able to deal with them before we got anywhere near the Xiao Dao."

"Aberrants?" both the twins tightened a bit, like they were bummed to have missed the opportunity to battle them. She whispered softly enough to be heard, cursing the abominations. "Well, what's important is that you're all safe." Her tone seemed borderline flirtatious. "It'd be a tragedy to have lost everyone before I ever got a chance to get to know you better."

Quote:
She smiled to Evana, "And please, my name is Lien Mei. There is no need for great formalities unless we're...well, doing something formal."

Her smile was returned and Evana closed her eyes and humbly bowed her head. A modest and silent apology. "Of course, Ms. Lien. Please forgive me, you're the first Ambassador I've had the pleasure of meeting. I'm wasn't sure on the protocol, I would have hated to offend." She blushed a bit and the redness added a contrast to her icy blue eye brows and hair.

Originally Posted By: Evana
"Aberrants?" both the twins tightened a bit, like they were bummed to have missed the opportunity to battle them. She whispered softly enough to be heard, cursing the abominations. "Well, what's important is that you're all safe." Her tone seemed borderline flirtatious. "It'd be a tragedy to have lost everyone before I ever got a chance to get to know you better."

"Luckily they weren't powerful, it's not like the Colony or Divis Mal himself attacked us, and, as I said, the pilot had everything in hand and was able to deal with them." John smiled, happy to downplay his role in the incident. "So, Evana, Anatole, what mission specialties will you be filling? I don't know about the rest of you," he said, addressing the group as a whole, "but I can't wait to get out there and explore."

Evana glanced sideways at Anatole, whose impassive, near-colourless gaze moved from John to the Ambassador. His gaze didn't shift so much as a millimeter as he spoke in a quiet, deep voice that carried no special inflection, no accent, and barely any tonal shift between words. Like his eyes, his expression and his attire, the voice concealed rather than betrayed information about it's possessor.

"Facilitators. For unofficial purposes. I would presume that we will be under your direction, Ambassador... Or at least working to your benefit. Pai De Norca wholeheartedly supports this mission, and we are to aid in it's success. By any and all means necessary." Anatole looked at Evana, smiling very faintly, before looking back at Lien, the smile fading as though a mirage. "If all goes well, you will have little to no need of us." he stated simply, before falling silent. The whole time he had been talking, there had been no shift in body language or expression other than that fleeting ghost of a smile when he looked at his twin.

Lien took that in with several stages of escalating confusion until she heard Mai Li's voice in her head.

*Lien, this is Norça and they're 'facilitators'.* At Lien's continued confusion she could hear a mental sigh over her link with her friend; the tone was amused and exasperated at the same time. *Honestly, Lien, I'm starting wonder if you grew up in abbey or something. You're so naive sometimes. They're assassins and he meant that if you need someone killed or silenced off the books to make this mission work, those two are your main left hands.* There was a slight pause and the 'voice' carried on in a more somber note. *Hopefully it means that they're also here to keep you safe, but I wouldn't count too heavily on it.*

To her credit, Lien was able to keep any reaction from the silent conversations off her face. To the others she'd simply been quiet for a moment after Anatole's explination. She rallied her wits and sent back a heatfelt if terse, *Thanks, Mai.*

She nodded to Anatole, echoing her communication with Mai. "Thank you." She hesitated in adding more and decided that it would be more diplomatic to simply leave it at that.

Marvin nodded quietly to Anatole, a minimal quirk of wariness regarding the Norca present on his face. "I think we all thank Pai de Norca for their support. Regardless of whether or not we end up needing you." he assured their representatives politely.

In honest truth, Marvin disliked the idea of facilitators. As a honest cop, even an Olympus Downside man, he had very little support for assassins. Even when he bent the rules a bit to help those who needed it, that method of action had remained far out of mind.

However, this would be necessary to have assassins along, though Marvin felt uneasy about them. He mentally shrugged. Better Pai de Norca than Raul Hermenos.

That Argentinian immigrant had been a hell of a problem when he'd turned to killing for hire.

At about that point, a woman in the uniform of the Æsculapian steps forward. She appears to be in the prime of her life, and is good looking, though not as stunning as Evana. "Greetings, I am the Doctor assigned to the ship, though I believe the gentleman over there in the Legion's uniform is assigned as a combat medic and healer. Hopefully, should it be needed, we'll work together." She held out her hand to the Ambassador first, then to each of the other crew coming aboard.

Lien shook the doctors hand and gave the woman a thourough once-over; she'd be seeing a lot of while onboard most likely. She smiled warmly at the woman and hoped they'd get along.

"I am Lien Mei, might I have your name, please?" she asked politely.

The Doctor responded to Lien's smile, with a smile of her own, it would take someone with a much harder heart then her's not to respond. "Juliana Rivers, but my friends call me Jules, I'm assigned as ship's doctor and psychologist, to insure the mental and physical well being of everyone aboard."

Politely she shook the doctors hand. "I'm Evana," Those around seemed to notice that thus far neither of siblings had offered a surname. "It's pleasure to meet you Dr. Rivers."

She picked up on the tone from John and her emerald hued eyes narrowed slightly as she observed him move away from the twins and nearer the the others. Her glossed lips twisted into a slight smirk, like a predator feeding on fear.

Anatole didn't smirk. He didn't appear to have any reaction at all to the ISRA scout's nervousness other than a slight tilt to his head, a gesture that might mean curiousity, though it was hard to tell. Other than that he did nothing except stand there shoulder to shoulder with his twin and watch as the man backed away from them. the black of his pupils seeming very small in those pale eyes.

After a few long moments he turned, shoulder brushing against Evana's, and strode over to where several crewmen were unloading a large number of cylindrical containers. They were ominous-looking black pillars of various heights from two to six feet, each one having some sort of controlled environment inside, if the blinking lights around the base of them were anything to go by. The supervisor directing the unloading felt a finger tap his shoulder and was suddenly aware of the Norca standing right next to him, gazing at him levelly.

"Take those to my quarters, wherever those are." Anatole told the man in his quiet, intense fashion, his eyes fixing on his face. "You will handle them carefully, and otherwise not tamper with them." It wasn't an order, the discomfited crewman realised. There was no air of command or superiority about the man's posture or tone. There was no threat uttered or implied. It was a statement of how things are going to be.

The senior crewman just nodded wordlessly, not trusting himself to speak. Anatole stared at him a moment longer, then nodded once and turned away, stepping back over to his sister and the others and awaiting what was to happen next.

"Excuse me, the Captain is not yet aboard, but Ogrotek has thier final group approaching the airlock. The Captain should be arriving soon, however." The person speaking had the markings of 1st Officer on his shoulder, and a name tag that said simply Carson on it. There was some competition regarding who was the ship Captain, but the order's have finally decided that the Captain should come from Trinity. "Ambassador, we can show you to your quarters, or wait for the Captain's arrival?"

At about that moment, the airlock opened again, and several Ogrotek employees came aboard, there were 8 of them, George Kalnan among them. Not all of them were psions however, but all of them were Ogrotek employees.

George didn't look anything particularly special, dressed as he was in a standard ship jumpsuit with an Orgotek badge and name tag like most of the rest of his colleagues. However he was the only one whose right ear was encapsulated by a piece of biotech. Like several of the others he has an Orgotek version of a taser baton in a shoulder holster.

Spotting someone with a ship uniform and Officer ranking George makes his way across to him, nodding politely to the others gathered in the hold. When addressed by Marvin he pauses to say with a smile, "Thank you Marvin, always good to ISRA being involved, but having just arrived I could hardly be expected to know who else is already here?"

He glances around before continuing, "I see ISRA, the Ministry, Norca, the Aescupalions and of course now Orgotek. I would assume that the Legion will be sending some protection along as well, if they aren't already here."

Lien spoke up, "All of the orders are assisting with this mission. Nearly everyone on the planet is; we all want to reconnect the colonies and Earth." She smiled at the newcomers, "I am Ambassador Lien. It does seem that there a few more shuttles to arrive before we begin our formal orientation on the ship."

She turned to the First Officer, "Perhaps we could have an informal tour while we wait? Or simply a room to relax in and get acquainted with our new shipmates?"

She was trying not show it, but she was already getting tired from the day's exertion. And hungry.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, I'm starving." The icy-haired women could have agreed more with the Ambassador on this matter. "Why don't we all find a place and get acquainted? Standing about in the hangar is not a good idea in the first place, people are trying to work," Her eye wandered to the several men who seemed to be halting what they were doing to gawk at the collected Psions. "I think, anyway."

"I do believe The Legion will be assisting us in the endeavor, yes." Evana's enchanting voice rose up over the work being done. She extended her hand to the employee. "I am Evana," She moved her deep purple clad shoulder out to display her Norça badge. "Of Norça, as you can see. I see you're from Orgotek, you are..."

She paused to allow the man to introduce himself.

George turns and shakes the Norcan beauties hand, pointing to his own Orgotek badge and the name tag beside it with a smile, "George Kalnan. I'm with Operations, which means I guess I'll be investigating or protecting things and/or people during our trip."

He turns to indicate the rest of the Orgotek contingent, "My associates are a mixture of other Operations agents and biotechnicians."

"It's a pleasure to meet you George." Her smile was sweet and sincere. "Her Excellen-," She paused and tipped her head slightly in the Ambassadors direction to correct herself. "Ms. Lien has invited us all to get better acquainted while we wait for everything aboard the ship to get in order."

She tipped her head to the side and looked over his shoulder at the 'Orgoteknicians'. "They look like they have it under control, why don't you join us."

The first officer gestured to a young man in uniform who then stepped forward. "I have to wait for the Captain, but Ensign Jules here can escort all of you. Show them around the ship, take them down to the dinning hall, get them something to eat, then show them their quarters." The Ensign saluted, then turned to the Ambassador, and the rest of the psions.

"If everyone would follow me?" Once he got agreement, the ensign would then guide them though the ship, which really was not all that cramped, down to a rather large and lovely dinning hall, tastefully decorated, with a number of tables, and a buffet style set up for food.

The petite Ambassador smiled at the Ensign and dutifully followed along, taking in the ship as they walked and trying to remember enough to start orienting herself. Her eyes lit up as they entered the dining room, both the tasteful decoration and the food laid out setting a smile on her lips that elevated her from 'cute' to actually attractive. As the Ensign ushered them inside and informally released them all from 'tour' mode Mei Li made for the largest table in the room, essentially claiming it for the group, and Lien filled up a plate with a small helping of each dish there. Well, at least until the plate was rather full and further additions would risk either spilling or at least getting everything mixed up.

She made her way to the chosen table and tagged out with Mei, sitting down and tasting a few of the stranger dishes as she waited for the others to finish getting their plates and joining her.

"The pleasure is mine", replies George to Evana. he nods to the Ambassador when Evana points her out and when the tour is mentioned he offers Evana his arm.

As they take the tour George is slightly distracted by the massive bioship they are in, using Electrocosm to see the lines of power under it's skin and feeling a kinship with it through their shared Mode.

"So Evana, how do you feel to be inside such a large living organism? I believe it is about a kilometre long!"

Once in the dining room he accompanies Evana to the buffet table, but excuses himself when they reach the seating table to introduce himself to the Ambassador.

"Ms Lien? I'm George Kalnan, and I believe I will be working on personnel and computer security during our trip. If yuo have any questions or anything you think I might be able to help you with then please feel free to ask."

She nodded her head to the man. "Thank you. Similarly, if you need someone to talk to, or any assistance learning about the colonies we'll be visiting, that is part of my duties."

"Um....when you say 'working on personnel and computer security' do you mean personnel security and computer security, or something else?"

George smiles at the question, "The two types of security ma'am. My main interests were computers and engineering before I joined Operations and my highest Electrokinesis Modes are currently Electromanipulation and Technokinesis. Although I'm always interested to learn about the other Aptitudes as well."

Lien flushed at being called ma'am by someone her own age. "Well, if you have any questions about telepathy, myself or any of the other Ministry psions would be more than willing to share." She smiled, a curious glint in her eyes, "With such skills, this ship itself must be very interesting for you. Can you 'talk' to it? I've touched living minds, but it seems strange to be able to have the same rapport with a machine."

Evana followed George's lead, her arm entwined in his -at least one of these men had some gumption. She didn't interrupt however, the Ambassador and George were talking about topics quite interesting to her and she no reason to interject anything, she was quite content to listen and learn.

George went down the list of psionic abilities he possessed and she saw no reason to stop him. Quietly she made mental notes and filed them away. Should she have to kill him later -which would be most unfortunate- she'd at least have some measure of his psionic potential. She made a note to debrief Anatole later on his abilities in case he wasn't paying attention.

She made quite the arm ornament, that much was certain. Silently she maintained her paced and continued to look interested and cling on Georges every word.

"I will take you up on that offer Ambassador. I was lucky enough to have quite a high latency in another Aptitude apparently and I emerged from the chamber with access to one of it's simplest abilities. Since then I've been interested in learning more about all the other Aptitudes, and perhaps even being able to tap into them in time."

He pours himself a glass of water and offers to do the same for the two ladies with him before continuing, "Interfacing with most machines is generally quite rigid as they are so limited in what they can do. I'm sure it would be more fascinating to watch the complexities of a sentient mind at work. As for the ship, I haven't had teh oppurtunity to try yet, and I'm not sure I will. Being a biotech device means it is quite different in nature to tap into and I've heard rumours from people who worked on their development that the ships are so complex that perhaps they could be sentient themselves."

Anatole shadowed his sister and the man she was escorting, his footfalls making little to no sound as he walked perhaps three feet behind them. If he was listening, he gave little sign of it, glancing around with apparent indifference at the ship and his fellow Psions. Even his walk had no personal definition. The Norca moved with ghostly smoothness, no jerkiness or swagger or speed to catch the eye, so that he drifted rather than strode. It was jarring to watch, the eye and brain suffering discord as they tried to resolve the fact that he was moving without seeming to move at all.

Once the group entered the dining room he made for the buffet, tasting everything there with methodical swiftness as Evana sat down with the Ambassador, her aide, and the Orgo. His evaluation complete, Anatole swiftly and deftly assembled two plates of everything that had passed whatever criteria the strangely silent man possessed, before ghosting back over to the table and setting one of the plates down in front of his sister. He took the seat across from Evana, sitting beside Lien and Mai, head cocked slightly to one side as he appeared to pay attention to the conversation at hand.

John, unnerved by the Norça's inhuman behavior withdrew into himself, slipping into a watchful quiet state that he knew so well from countless hours trailing behind Tex Mex rebels or path finding in border regions. The Orgotek shuttle docked and John quietly greeted a few of them before the party began to flow through the ship toward a more comfortable common area. John trailed along far behind the group, his eyes watching both the others and studying his environment, reading all the signs on doors and at junctions, studying the landscape of his new home. By the time the group arrived at the mess John probably knew the ship, at least that part he'd seen, as well as any of the crew who'd been here for weeks.

John slipped quietly into the room and drifted among the various clusters of crew sampling conversation but seldom speaking; he found himself unwilling to come to another such experience as the one in the shuttle bay.

Lien gave Anatole a polite smile and nod when he sat down, turning to ensure that everyone at the table so far was included in the conversation space. To George she commented, "Perhaps that is something we could try to discover on this journey, then. If the ship is more organic or mechanical in true nature, and if indeed it does think."

She glanced between the two Norça psions. "And what about the two of you? Is there anything in particular that has caught your interest with this assignment?"

Erin, who was the ship’s assigned pilot now, though apparently the captain was going to be someone else, took a seat beside John, with a plate of food, and Aria took the seat across from her, and they looked over at the Norca a moment. “Comes across a bit creepy, doesn’t he? Of course, with Norca, you never know exactly what they are up too, he might be trying to take attention off some of the others.”

John didn't hear them, the small plate of food before him sat uneaten. Erin and Aria both knew the vacant look in his eyes, John was casting his senses out. In fact he was floating through the room listening to tidbits of each conversation as though he was there in person. It suited him, he wasn't so much shy as reserved and at times like these he found that people asked him questions that he would not be inclined to answer; he barely knew most of them after all. He returned to his body and blinked in surprise at the two women, "Oh! Um, I'm sorry I was elsewhere." He chuckled, "Literally I guess." He saw Erin looking askance at Anatole and leaned forward conspiratorially, "That guy is weird, he talks like he has no emotions. You don't suppose the Norça have figured out a way to make a bio-app android do you? Or maybe he's one of the Qin in a new encounter suit, I hear their biotech makes ours look stone age."

Archived