Mutants & Masterminds: Galactic League - Chapter Two: Interlude

Krul

While the ship remained in orbit, Zade maintaining and manning the ship, as Sapphire and Kat attempted to gain more information about their opposition, while Amanda worked on preparing the medical bay, and reading up on some of the various mission files.

Telepathically, a recall order for Karong came though, apparently he was needed elsewhere. A few instants, and he vanished, and a few moments later, the new gunner appeared on the deck of the Scheherazade, teleported there in an instant.

Layel stepped out to the gunner's station, with a huff of breath belonging to the excited and passionate. It was time to begin this mission, even more important to the Guardian as he was a local of these systems. Observing the largely empty ship, he sent a mental communication throughout the ship.

*Lieutenant Haete reporting for duty. Is the captain on board?*

In her quarters, occupied with skimming the thoughts of an entire planet, Sapphire Rose still heard the mental hail. Sinful lips pouted, she hadn't even gotten a chance to get to know the alien Karong, but the pout turned into a captivating smile at the thought of someone else she could get to... know. She checked his authenticity with Zade, and she sighed with delight.

*Welcome to Scheherazade, Lieutenant Haete,* purred a silken voice in Layel's mind, barely able to suppress a shiver of delight from its seductive regard. *Alas, Nami - Captain Dylan if you prefer - is already planet-side, speaking with the delegate Tanya Malen. You should present yourself to her there. If you would be so kind, can you inform her that I have found the first agent and that I can with him what she wishes? I am closing in on the second agent now.* Like a lover's caress, a name, a face, a location, a slew of information on the agent slid smoothly into his mind.

*I am Sapphire Rose, and it's a pleasure to meet you, Layel Haete.* There was a deliciously teasing flavour to that unseen voice, as if she knew him surprisingly well. Layel could feel his heart beating faster with a beckoning urge to meet this unseen woman. He knew where to find her personal quarters. *Perhaps you would like to meet me before heading down to Shangra-La?* she asked, her tone saying that he would most definitely like to meet her before doing anything else.

Layel shivered with delight, and it seemed a simple, rewarding prospect. But duty and the impetus of his personal philosophy took over. A really nasty challenge to be sure, but much more rewarding to fight the urge. He'd be stronger for it.

Unaware that Sapphire was reading his thoughts, he communicated back with sight regret.

*I'm afraid not. You haven't found the third agent? Perhaps I can investigate the first agent, and find what they know of the third? i have superb capabilities to handle that. And is it just you tracking the agents or is there anyone else to speak to on this topic?*

Sapphire chuckled with husky amusement, and Layel's conviction to duty nearly buckled. *Later then, I will hold you to it. I am not the only one seeking the agents, Kataran Hodarg is keeping an eye on the one inserted by the Empress's hidden in-system fleet. The third agent is proving elusive so far, but the first agent believes that the second one knows where he is. I am narrowing down a location on the second agent and will hopefully have it and his mind open to me soon.*

Archived