Politics is fun!

Sakurako Hino

Yes, and no Smith.You live with friends who can't graspe the future.I know people who can't even dream of grasping it.The cuple you are talking about, lives pay to pay check,out of for the lack of a better word,stupidity.They do not have to live that way,they choose too.

I do not see any way that you can show me that someone making 100k+ yearly is a month of lossing all abilties to live in a home of their own.They may not live,in a manor that they think they should,but they will beable to live.This is off corse barring near total lack of fiscal respsonability.

So, misses Johnson has have a car more than a year,only 4 bed room house,no more than three trips to europe a year,Not going out to five star restraunts daily,not having a full time maid.I am just crying here!So, you can't buy 500$ shoes,monthly.

And for having dress the part, guess what you made your bed, sleep in it.Lawyers can work for less money,if they do not wish to spend so much.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Signy Malory:I know people who can't even dream of grasping it.
What do you suggest we as a society do? If you were President, what would you do?

Quote:
Signy Malory:The couple you are talking about, lives pay to pay check, out of for the lack of a better word, stupidity. They do not have to live that way, they choose too.
They are an extreme case, but not uncommon. Lots of people live above their means.

Quote:
Signy Malory:I do not see any way that you can show me that someone making 100k+ yearly is a month of losing all ability to live in a home of their own. They may not live, in a manor that they think they should, but they will be able to live. This is off coarse barring near total lack of fiscal responsibility.
One illness or economic hardship and they go bankrupt, they probably will in any case. It isn't hard to imagine them losing their house and having their wages garnished. Speaking of garnishment, my employer won't hire someone who is being garnished, it makes it much harder to find work.

Quote:
Signy Malory:So, misses Johnson has have a car more than a year, only 4 bed room house, no more than three trips to Europe a year, Not going out to five star restaurants daily, not having a full time maid. I am just crying here! So, you can't buy 500$ shoes, monthly.
Your description of what someone with a 100K income can buy is more appropriate for someone with a 1 Million plus income. There is the rich, and there is the supper rich. The "rich" are pretty common, the super rich are not.

Looking at another extreme example, it is easy to say, "Bill Gates shouldn't have all that money". However, just because he has it and I don't, doesn't give me the right to take it from him. Also, Bill has created a lot of economic opportunity for lots of folks, people like him should be encouraged, not punished.

Quote:
Signy Malory:And for having dress the part, guess what you made your bed, sleep in it. Lawyers can work for less money, if they do not wish to spend so much.
I never said they couldn't. My point was there is a difference between wealth and income. Something to consider, an income that is defined in the USA as "poverty" is much higher than the average income for most of the rest of the world.

Archived