Aberrant: Mutant High - Oil and Water [New Semester Mixer Fic]

z020

Sonja raised her bottle of Smirnoff Ice to Alek with a smile, not in the least surprised that he hadn't noticed. "I'm good, Alek, but thanks. I'll be here when you get back, or maybe on the dance floor." She watched the obsidian skinned sophomore plunge into the crowd then turned back to Josh, with a slightly teasing grin.

"I've been here for about two years, Josh, and I've barely seen you. You can't let Ms. Jensen keep you locked up in the lab like that - it isn't healthy." She saw that he was clearly uncomfortable being here, seeming almost to be alone in the crowd, and sighed. Morri and Ari would have to wait a bit.

She faced the dance floor and saw Morri and Kaz already there. Well, she seems to be doing fine. The voluptuous beauty glanced back at Josh, then nodded at the dance floor.

"Wanna head out onto the dance floor, Josh? Don't worry about the chair, you don't take up anymore space than Kilo does," she said, arching a brow at one of the few people taller than her at the party. "I'll tag him out, you stick your wheels in neutral, and I'll lead."

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was hard to think with Jamie's little tongue fluttering in his mouth, vodka buzzing in his brain, and music throbbing in his ears. Ren felt like his whole body was a chord that kept getting plucked. His fingers slipped under the hem of Jamie's blouse to hook themselves through the belt loops of her skirt. He tugged her tighter still, until they were pressed together, hip to hip.

Ren stumbled forward as Jamie's hand grasped at the fuzz of his hair, trying to find enough to take hold of. He laughed into their kiss, steadying himself by throwing one arm up against the mantle and grabbing hold. Ren felt the heat of Jamie's tight slender body, the warmth of her open mouth, the beating of her heart up against his chest. He drank of it dizzily...and he wanted more.

Jamie stiffened and pulled back from their kiss when she felt Ren's hand cup itself around the soft swell of her ass. Instead of letting go, he followed after her, planting a little trail of kisses up the side of her neck to her ear where he whispered, "Relax. I'm not going to hurt you."

"No," Jamie growled, grabbing his hand and twisting it away forcefully, "but if you keep this crap up I might have to break a few fingers." Of course, Jamie being Jamie, she was already piecing together how this was her fault, for being too forward. She'd encouraged him. He still got a pretty ferocious glare, though. "Hands off or I'm leaving," she said flatly, crossing her arms.

"Right. Okay, Jamie." Ren rolled his eyes and rubbed the back of his neck fiercely. "No touching."

It was hard to tell whether Ren's face was flushed from a blush, or just sporting the effects of his Asian glow--the product of his vodkas. He didn't flinch from Jamie's angry glare. He gave her a long appraising squint that ended in a snorted sigh.

I had to pick the fucking church girl to fall for. Ren snapped the lapels of his jacket, and turned with the fluid pivot of someone who's had a little too much alchohol.

"I'm getting a drink." he said in parting as he pushed unhurriedly through the crowd to find what was left of the booze.

"Me too," Jamie said, following him through the crowd. She wasn't sure what she was doing, exactly. She just knew she didn't want Ren to be mad. Of course, she wasn't keen on the ass-gripping either, but surely something could be done to restore equilibrium. "Look," she said tentatively to Ren as they moved through the crowd towards the drinks, "I didn't mean don't touch me, full stop. Just...can you take it a bit slower, please?"

Josh gave Sonja a half smile and tried to talk over the music. "Ms. Jensen doesn't keep me locked up in the lab. In fact, she's usually the one kicking me out." He shrugged. "I like it in there. It's a constant challenge, and it's something that I can do, that I'm actually good at, where these," he lifted up one of his limp legs with his hands and let it drop back down, "don't matter...

Unlike dancing, that is." Josh finished with a rueful chuckle of resignation.

For a split second Sonja considered leaving Josh; if he was that uncomfortable with it, maybe it was best left alone. But then she decided to give it one more try.

"Come on Josh, have you ever even tried to dance in it?"

Josh just shook his head slightly.

"Come on then, you'll never know if you don't try it. Just give me 10 or 15 minutes, and if you still don't want to, I'll never ask you to dance again, ok?"

Josh shrugged his agreement. It wasn't enthusiastic, but it would do. "I'll just turn it off. That's about as close to neutral as I got. Is that ok?"

"Yeah, sure. I can work with that." And with that, Sonja literally dragged Josh onto the dance floor.

Alek walked over to the refreshment area and plucked out a root-beer. As he sipped his drink, he looked around and smiled at seeing all the hotties dancing. His left hand started taping along with the bass-line of the music on his root-beer bottle. After a couple of minutes, he gathered up the courage to go find an interesting lady to dance with. He saw Sonja was already taken, as was that lady with the red eyes. He couldn't help but notice the couple walking past him towards the refreshments, and did his best not to block them. He circled the dance floor, then chuckled as the next song came on.

Offspring - Want you bad

Of course this had to come on eventually... but right now? He begins bouncing around before remembering that his body is a dangerous weapon, so he calms down and headbangs in time with the music. His wanderings bring him close to Ari and her group of friends, but he veers off and sits down on a couch not too far from them. He doesn't lean back, however, since he doesn't want to shred the couch. Alek continues to sip at his root-beer and watch the crowd on the dance floor flow and pulse.

Ren cast a long look at Jamie. He practiced his Korean Clint Eastwood on her. Was she being a tease? She didn't really seem the type for it. His lips made a thin line as he fished out the Bailey's and filled her another red plastic cup. He pushed it toward her.

"Yeah," he finally broke his silence, "we can go slow. As slow as you need to go." He poured himself half a cup of rum and filled the other half with coke. "Prost." Ren told Jamie, in a reconciliatory tone.

He drank from his cup and turned his squint on the rest of the crowd, quietly noting the new arrivals.

With one hand holding his chair, her grip deft and powerful, Sonja easily and smoothly moved Josh on the dance floor. The tall beauty's body gyrated in abandon to the beat of the music, bouncing and shaking in hypnotic display. For one of the very few times in his life, Josh found himself the focus of envy of nearly every guy there, dancing so close to such a gorgeous girl.

"See, Josh, told you it would be fun," Sonja called out over the volume of the music, her grin broad and encouraging. "Move your arms some. Now your shoulders. Add your head to the groove. There ya go, you're dancin' as well as any guy here," Sonja said, if not with truth, then at least with lots of genuine cheer.

Sonja spun him in as tight a circle as his chair would allow, then spun herself, tossing her head back and downing the rest of her Smirnoff Ice. Her long silvery pony-tail swished back and forth like the tail of a cat, and right in front of Josh's hands, her round hips and tight and sexy ass swayed side to side, so tantalizingly close.

Many a boy would have traded places with Josh in a second, for the view, the proximity.

The sheer joy of moving, surrounded by the press of bodies and the heat they generated was exhilarating, sending a mixture of euphoria and frenetic energy zinging through Violet's body like lightning. The silky whisper of Alex's hair against her shoulders, the rasp of his shirt against her back, and the inadvertently teasing movement of his hands on her waist were electric, all conspiring to make her feel giddy, light-headed; she wasn't sure what it really meant, but haloed in his aura, thought seemed an incredibly trivial waste of time.

I could get used to this, she thought ecstatically, revelling in the crisp scent of his cologne and the feel of the bass pounding through her feet and up her spine.

She laughed aloud, leaning her head back against Alex's shoulder as the music changed. Of all the dancing teens, these two seemed the least likely to appreciate anything resembling hard rock: they just looked too polished to really "get it." That they might bounce enthusiastically around a dance floor to The Offspring, much less to a song about being naughty, would have been almost inconceivable. With glee, she realized that would be exactly the thing to do to stir things up a bit for the bevy of girls awaiting her return.

With Alex's hands sliding down to her hips, Violet reached up and pulled the comb from her hair, loosing a tumble of sleek plum-colored waves that spilled across her shoulders. She tossed the bit of plastic aside, ignoring it completely and spinning around again to face him with a sly, impish curve tugging at her lips. This left his hands rather lower on her back than they'd been previously, but if she noticed at all, she didn't seem the least bit troubled by the new development.

Instead, as the guitars blared, she pressed closer, her thighs rubbing his in ways no chaperone would ever have condoned. The fingers of her free hand trailed down his spine and the look in her eyes was nothing short of devilish as they locked on his, sparkling with mischief. The tip of her tongue darted out to moisten her lips before she started mouthing the words to the song and grinning up at him through her lashes. "Your one vice, is you're too nice! Come on now, can't you see? I want you, all tattooed, I want you bad!"

With her arms in the air, a drink in her hand, her hips swaying, and her long hair rippling around her, the "posh" girl looked positively debauched, and appeared to be loving every second of it.

Eyes the innocent blue of a June sky glimmered with laughter that was somewhat less than pure, but all the more inviting for it. Alex's hips kept time with hers, wild strands of his long hair falling across his face like molten gold as he bounced around in time with the Violet and the song. Decorum was cast aside, troubles were forgotten as his movements took on a wilder cast. He resembled nothing so much as some nameless pagan sun-god who'd decided that what he really wanted was to let his hair down and rock out.

"Complicated, X-rated, I want you bad!" Alex mouthed back with an impish smile of his own, letting Violet press her drink to his lips as he felt the dark tresses of her hair fall like cool water around his hands, which found themselves perfectly happy with their current situation. By contrast to the silken tingle of her hair, the feel of her thighs against his was starting small wildfires in his body. His aura swirled and pulsed, sparks of golden light dancing in the depths of the gaze that met hers.

Jamie took a drink, the liquid warming her up a bit. So she took another. And then, reflecting on what an enormous ass Ren was, a third drink, and then it was half-gone. Finally she spoke. "Look...I know...that what we did before might have...that you might expect...whatever, but this is kind of public, and it's a little intimidating for me, ok? I don't mean to be a tease." She gave him her best kicked-puppy look, sliding one hand up his arm, massaging it gently. Jamie was a pretty quick study, and she figured she could have him in good spirits in no time. And if she played this right...

...Well, no, that thought made it sound like a political game. She crossed her fingers and hoped for the best.

Kia stared at Jor's little pantomime fantasy spanking session with her mouth slightly open in a little 'o' of thunderstruck surprise. Had he just done that? And...why for the love of God?

She giggled. She couldn't help it. It was such a doofy thing to do.

"Well...it's easier if I show you."

Her light brown skin changed before Jor's eyes, turning slightly greenish, then shading rapidly into blue and lightening to a sort of aquamarine. It took on slightly wavy indigo stripes, each one surrounded by violet pinprick dots. As he watched, Kia then began to softly glow as if from within, illuminating her new colors. The patterns and the light made her look a little like some kind of sea creature, the kind whose photographs they put up in IMAX screens for people to goggle at.

She smiled, now literally radiant. "It's not JUST this, but this is the easy stuff."

It was hard to stay angry at Jamie, Ren found, when she was looking up at him demurely, biting her lip just so. His wounded pride found itself yielding to the soft touch of her hand on his arm. With a sigh, he let himself relax, let the muscles in his chest and arms untighten and go loose.

Being angry is a choice you make. Ren reminded himself. Where the fuck had he heard that drivel? And yet, there was Jamie, sidling up to him, making doe-eyes at him.

"Okay," he said. Then, with a reluctant grin, he reached out his free hand to affectionately muss up Jamie's pixie-styled hair. "Okay."

She considered for a long moment, her devilish delight at watching him squirm finally showing through after several slow heartbeats. "Think they got any hard cider?" She shrugged, "I haven't gotten to drink all that much, unless you count a glass of wine at dinner, so I'm not really sure what to get."

She grinned at him, daring him to bring her something that would meet her approval.

Whether Josh let on that he knew Sonja wasn't being entirely truthful about him being as good as anyone on the dance floor, or not, he never let on. He just started relaxing and 'going with the flow'.

Right now, he didn't really care what other people thought of him. Someone that he knew to be of high social status was having fun with him, apparently because she wanted to. That was enough to make Josh just enjoy the moment.

Then she had to go and stick her butt in his face, or close to it. Not like he wasn't used to seeing them, they were at eye level for him (or mostly). But Josh just tried to ignore it as he leaned away from it, so as not to touch it, and hoping that it didn't come any closer.

Of course, once the song ended and Sonja remembered that she had more important people to hang out with, Josh would go back to his corner, grinning, and always remember how cool this party was (and not until years later realize that it'd only been one dance and so it wasn't all that great).

Most animals, humans included, learn by watching others. The young and inexperienced watch and learn from the better and older. Morri was certainly inexperienced. Around her, the various women were dancing very differently than she was, and those with partners were dancing very differently than she was with Kazuo. Her own movements slowed as she studied what the others were doing.

Then her movements changed all together; before Kazuo had time to really register this, Morri had cozied right up to him. At that moment, the music switched into Bad Romance. With Lady Gaga offering suggestive comments, Kazuo's half-dressed roommate folded herself against him. Her hands rose to rest on the slope between his neck and shoulders, just like she'd seen other girls do. Meanwhile, while her flushed face grinned up at him, looking truly happy for the first time. Her red eyes glowed softly in the darkness, somehow not as ominous now that the tension around her eyes had faded.

Her legs brushed his as she adjusted to his waist swivel, letting him set the motions they worked the beat together. About halfway through, she stepped forward, but only long enough to turn around. Stepping back, she ground against him lightly, unaware of the meaning of what she was doing. As they found their rhythm, her upraised hands rose finding the back of his head. She gently tugged his head forward, encouraging him to mold himself against her back. The effort stretched her body out and pulled the front of her shirt higher. The savage innocent didn't notice or care, lost in the joy of the dance.

Sonja's suggestion had been just what Morri needed.

"Well, I'm not the last word when it comes to drinking, but V seems to have expensive enough tastes that I think I might be able to accommodate you." Mischief spread across his lips and he shot her a wink. "Gimme a sec. Don't go running off with some jock and decide to join cheer leading while I'm gone."

With purpose but a bit of apprehension he left his 'date' nce again in search of a hard cider for her. Something inside him didn't quite understand why he wanted to be nice to this girl or why he was so eager to jump every time she said the word. Even in mutants, however, teen age biology didn't seem to change much. He'd just met a stunningly beautiful young woman about his age who genuinely seemed interesting and interested in him, nature, as they say, was taking it's course.

He stiff armed his way past a few guests, even stopping to challenge one guy in a stare down before continuing on his mission. Tonight didn't seem to the night for brawling though so he let it go and kept moving. He snatched a few hard ciders from a large tub of ice and made his way back to Oneca.

He offered her a 'K' cider. He had no idea what one was, but Violet seemed to order several and it's what Oneca said she wanted. Apparently Violet had done this once or twice. "Here, not sure if it's any good, I've never had one myself." He sat back down and twisted the cap off one of his own. "So, if it's not any good, I'll suffer along with ya, hows that sound? Huh?"

"Never been much of a drinker, although I got hammered one night on boxed wine in the basement of the St. John's Cathedral about eight months ago." He laughed slightly, apparently at himself and the memory. "Rough morning afterward, lemme tell ya."

Sonja danced with Josh for a while more, but her eyes kept getting unavoidably drawn to the glamorous couple composed of V and Alex, and by just how much was suggested by the glow penetrating his pale clothing. Does he know just how much he is almost showing? She was about to head over to surreptitiously give him a heads up, when V's warning glance held her back. It was a look that said, I'll cut you, bitch!

Sonja grinned, holding her hands up in surrender, her eyes know drawn to another glowing student, Kia. She smiled at the transformed freshman, and gave her a wave - she was still adorable, despite - or because of - looking like she stepped out from Finding Nemo.

As Lady Gaga started up, Sonja was about to turn around to face Josh again, when her gaze froze on something she had definitely not expected to see - Morri grinding her ass into Kazuo's crotch, his body pressed tightly against her back. What the fuck?!

"Josh, sorry, but I see a friend who's in a little over her head," Sonja said over her shoulder with a sorry grin. "I'll try to get back for another dance, but I can't make any promises. Do give me a holler if you need help back to your dorm though, 'kay?" With an almost pleading look in her eyes, hoping he understood, Sonja left to see just what was going on.

Sonja strode briskly to the other side of the dance floor, one boy with over long arms and sharp teeth getting tumbled to the ground when he didn't move out of the way fast enough. He didn't seem to mind too much, considering where his head bounced off. She stopped right behind Kazuo, waiting for him to look over at her, but he was too preoccupied groping the innocently naive feral girl.

With a grumbling mutter, Sonja tapped him on the shoulder, and Kazuo found himself looking up into a pair furiously gorgeous indigo eyes... after a long glance somewhat lower. "What the fuck did you tell her, Scarface?" she angrily hissed at him. "You know she doesn't really understand, so you've been taking advantage of her?"

Not waiting for an answer, Sonja yanked him away from Morri. Now, Barbie may have been tall and all, and certainly was no waif, but he was Kazuo fuckin' Kanai, right? So he was actually surprised, if not showing it save for a scowl, and really, that was hardly remarkable for him, when the almost impossibly beautiful blonde picked him up and moved him aside as easily as if he were a kitten, a small one.

Taking Kazuo's place, Sonja gently placed her hands on Morri's shoulder and bent over slightly so she could speak for her ears alone. "Morri, sweetie, what has Kaz been tellin' you? You gotta be careful dancin' like that. You'll give a boy ideas, gettin' him thinkin' you wanna give more than your really willin'."

She watched him wind his way through the crowd, relaxing back into the overstuffed loveseat she'd claimed when she came back inside. She'd glanced over the room, looking for the few other faces she recognized at school, and spotted Sonja in the middle of something with a red-eyed girl and some Japanese kid with one eye. Ren was feeling up some girl (big surprise....), and Alex was dancing with a girl that was hot, purple, and dancing like she was being paid. All in all, it was a fairly fun party.

She scooted over so Revenant could take one side of the loveseat and winced in sympathy at his story, "Oh, man. If you're gonna get wasted, at least do it on something worth the hang-over...boxwine...ugh..."

She cracked open her cider, sipping it with far more relish than the root beer she'd polished off earlier. She tilted her head and regarded him, waiting for him to settle in so she could lean up against him and be heard over the din of the party. "So...other than boxwine binges, what do you usually do for fun?"

Josh nodded at Sonja. He knew that she had more important things to do than hang around with him, and he wasn't going to begrudge her those. I mean, he'd already gotten infinately more than he'd expected tonight; in actuality, more than he'd expected since his accident. He'd been a decent slow dancer before the wheel chair, but after, when the idea of dancing actually crossed his mind (which wasn't often, mind you), it was immediately shut down. No so anymore; he just had to find a super-strong partner that could toss him around without thinking about it.

So, having had his fun for the evening, Josh put his coat back on and headed out to the deck so that he could gaze up at the stars and moon and revel in what had just happened... and give his eardrums a rest.

Morri, it went without saying, was confused. She’d just been dancing like all the other girls. But Sonja had That Look in her eyes, the one that said Morri had done something wrong. What was Sonja talking about, giving more than she wanted to give? Guilt and sorrow filled her as she realized that she’d messed up so shell lying, again. It didn’t seem fair, this time – she thought she’d done everything right, once she’d started dancing, but Sonja had just said she hadn’t.

She looked back at Kazuo, expecting to see the long-suffering expression he got when she’d done something wrong, but he wasn’t looking at her. He was glaring at Sonja, and he was angry. She hadn’t seen him that angry since-

With a gasp, she darted between them, her hands already shaking with a deep anxiety. Combat scared her, dying scared her, but neither made her hands shake or her heart hurt like this. “No,” she insisted, “no fight!” She put a hand on Kazuo’s chest, and when Sonja turned to face them, she put one on her chest, too. Morrie tried like she rarely tried, dredging her mind for the right thing to say. One word came and pushed itself up her throat and she blurted it out. “Please!” Her eyes stung and her throat closed, frustration creating strange feelings in her. She didn’t like these feelings and she couldn’t dance anymore without messing it up so she had nothing here to hold her. She’d already messed it up. “Please,” she pleaded softly, looking from one to the other.

Then she ran. It seemed safest – strange things were happening to her and she didn’t want to be seen as weak. Her eyes were trying to water and she couldn’t breathe past something in her throat and she was getting sniffles and it felt like something was on her chest. Something bad was happening to her; she felt so bad and hurt.

She burst outside and slowed, finding the quiet and cold air soothing. Morri quickly realized she’d forgotten her coat. She wasn’t going back for it, though. Shivering, she crossed her bare arms and stared out into the night. Her inner pain fled as she became aware of the pain outside.

Movement made her turn, and she looked at the boy in the rolling chair. Distracted now from both cold and her strange, alien hurt, she eyed him critically. “Your chair has wheels,” she told him bluntly, her eyes glowing like soft embers in the dark.

Josh watched Morri come bursting out of the boat house like she'd just dropped a grenade or something. He turned in his chair to see if anyone else was running out, and not seeing them decided that an explosion wasn't immanent. Of course, the fact that the freaky girl with the red eyes wasn't going any further than where he was was another good indicator that nothing really bad was going to happen. Speaking of Red eyes, they were kind of creepy, especially in the dark. Made her look like a demon or something. But, to the best of his ability Josh simply overlooked that; like he'd want someone to overlook the fact that he was in a wheelchair. The Golden Rule or some such.

Josh figured that since the building wasn't on fire and was apparently not going to explode (though that would've been cool if nobody got hurt) that it must have been some woman, emotional thing. Maybe she'd just broken up with her boyfriend or something. Josh really didn't know. So her statement about his wheels took him off guard, in two directions. First it took him off guard in that it had nothing to do with any reason that she came running out her like she had (and from Josh's limited experience, when something was bothering a woman that was pretty much all she wanted to talk about). Secondly, that was the first time that anyone had been so straight forward and blunt about his wheelchair, except for the whispered questions of small children.

In fact, her statement sounded exactly like that of a small child... and that struck Josh as slightly amusing. Be it the cold effecting his mental processes, or the still giddy feeling that he had inside, Josh took Morri's bluntness in great stride.

"Yeah, it does, doesn't it? It moves too." And with that he turned his chair away from the railing and towards Morri. It was then that he noticed that she might as well not have been wearing any clothing, and she didn't have a jacket on. At this school, that didn't necessarily mean anything, but she did look cold. So Josh did what came naturally to him. He took off his jacket and extended it out for her to take.

"Here, take this. It's a bit chilly out tonight and you look like you could use some good insulation. My name is Josh by the way. What's yours?"

Morri may have been socially and mentally handicapped, but she was also an extremely attractive young woman, and Kazuo was a teenaged male. So needless to say he made no attempts to resist her as she ground against him to the chicly dirty sounds of Lady Gaga ("I'm a freak-bitch, baby"). He was every bit as surprised at her actions as you might assume, but much like her, Kazuo was in a mood to just move with the music and not worry too much about the details. So the strange, feral girl suddenly starts dancing it's a way to make money? Just roll with it, man.

Since it was clear that Morri was a hell of a lot better than he was at this Sexy Dancing business, Kazuo was just following her lead and enjoying himself. He was enjoying the music, he was enjoying the image that he and Morri were presenting to those around them, and he was enjoying the feeling of being so close to a girl again. The fact that it was his roommate hadn't really occurred to him yet, and probably wouldn't have bothered him even if it had. Even a horny, amoral bastard like Kazuo Kanai understood the fundamental difference between having a good time on the dance floor, and having a lustful romp in the sack, and he had no delusions that those lines were going to blur, or a desire for it to happen.

You might doubt this, because it was Kazuo Kanai out there on the dance floor with an innocent beauty, after all. But here is one of his greatest secrets for your titillation, so pay attention kids, and make sure not to let on that you know: Kazuo Kanai has far more respect for the female of the species than he does for the male.

Do note that this is a relative statement. 'Respect' is not exactly Kazuo's strong suit. And it isn't as though this aspect of his nature never causes him any internal conflicts, either, because you had better believe it does.

Regardless, this was not something that Kazuo was comfortable with people knowing about himself, and he would be absolutely mortified if anyone ever found out that he actually gave a damn about the women in his life. So obviously, it would have embarrassed him tremendously if anyone ever found out that the only thing he was vaguely (very vaguely, it should be understood) worried about while dancing with Morri was what might happen if she danced like this with some other asshole. But then he remembered who his roommate was, and realized that he probably should be more concerned about what would happen to the asshole. He didn't want to have to clean up another mess in their dorm room later tonight...

So anyway, imagine Kazuo's general surprise and consternation when he suddenly found himself being towered over by the Hottest Girl In the School and being accused of "taking advantage" of Morri. Imagine his even greater surprise when he suddenly found himself being picked up bodily and all but tossed aside by the aforementioned Hottest Girl in School, like he was some unwanted piece of lint stuck to Morri's top or something. Imagine how fucking pissed off he suddenly was.

But almost before he had a chance to decide just how pissed off he really was, Morri was suddenly between him and the object of his ire, going on about how they shouldn't fight or something. Typical. Kujo'd already forgotten he'd only started swinging at her after she'd sliced his fuckin' chest open. Girls were so bloody-minded sometimes. /me rolls his eyes

"Nice goin' Barbarella", Kazuo spat at Sonja after Morri had run off, in a voice precisely loud enough to be heard - clearly - by the small crowd of teenagers who had already stopped their dancing so that they could gawk at what looked to be a legendary brawl about to break out between Barbie and the badass. "Just cuz I wouldn't dance with you, ya gotta come over here an' pick on a handicapped girl?! She's my fuckin' roommate, ya jealous bitch!"

Having dropped that particular dramabomb on the conversation, Kazuo stalked (read: fled) away in the direction he'd seen Morri running. He'd noticed her running out the door without her coat and figured he'd better do something about that. The last thing he needed was to have to take care of sick roommate, you know?

He grabbed Morri's coat on the way out the door, but stopped up short when he found her standing just outside talking to some kid in a wheel chair - who was already holding out his own jacket for her to wear. Huh. Kazuo blinked at them both for a second as they turned to look at him, standing there with somebody else's jacket. "Hey", he said awkwardly to them both. Then he held up the jacket and said to Morri, "Wuz just bringin' yer coat out to ya.", and he tossed it to her. Then he turned and went promptly back inside, heading for the tables in search of something alcoholic to drink. He was still pissed all to hell about what had just happened, and needed something to take the edge off that.

Alek stood up and slowly moved towards the dance floor near the where Cirque was dancing. He calmly tapped her on the shoulder, and looking straight at her eyes, asked, "Excuse me, but may I have the next dance, if you don't mind? If you're dance card is already full, I understand." Alek smiled calmly while awaiting her response, his body already swaying gently to the music.

((OOC: Dancing dice pool is 7. smile Yay me))

Originally Posted By: Oneca Bahaar
She scooted over so Revenant could take one side of the loveseat and winced in sympathy at his story, "Oh, man. If you're gonna get wasted, at least do it on something worth the hang-over...boxwine...ugh..."

She cracked open her cider, sipping it with far more relish than the root beer she'd polished off earlier. She tilted her head and regarded him, waiting for him to settle in so she could lean up against him and be heard over the din of the party. "So...other than boxwine binges, what do you usually do for fun?"

Nervousness swept over him as the lovely goth girl leaned up against him. She seemed so open and care-free with no reservations about being close to him or touching him. Not that he minded her doing it -for reasons he didn't quite get yet- but physical contact and closeness was something the fugitive mutant was not accustomed to. "Uh, well, to be honest I don't really have much fun. I played Snow Wars the other day it was the first ime I've enjoyed something in years."

He looked at her and once he did he certainly didn't mind her closeness to him. "Once the govs got their hands on me I didn't get much fun time and after I broke out, life on the street was rough, especially in the cold months." He took another swallow of his cider and was starting to like it. Suddenly he seemed to come up wit something. "Oh, I like to steal shit. Always been pretty good at that, I'd head about the city and challenge myself to break into places that looked secure. Not really the average idea of 'fun' but it kept me on my toes. I'll be honest though, sometimes, I'd just like to be sixteen and doing shit sixteen year-olds do, y'know?"

Jor was just about to reply to Kia and tell her how cool her glowyness was when drama happened. One minute they'd been conversating and the next a fight nearly broke out and then diffused almost as quickly. Barbarella That was pretty funny, but he figured laughing outloud at that precise moment might be exactly like being a copper rod attached to a roof during a lightning storm, and he had no desire to become the grounding point.

When everything had gone mostly back to normal he turned back to Kia, "Well, that was abrupt. So anyway, I was just about to compliment you on how cool that looks. Check it." He turned all black metallic again, "Now we're like opposites."

A mischievous 'I'm about to be goofy but charming' look crept into his eyes.

"You know about opposites right?" He reached out and took her hand, "They attract!"

With that he spun her in and dipped her like a ballroom master and grinned as she stared for just a second into her eyes, then brought her back up and spun her out and back in a final time bringing the two of them together for a 'slow' dance if anything in the music selection could really be considered romantic music.

Aradia turned to the new guy, and her eyes flickered over his appearance. She grinned slightly, giving him an approving nod, and they began to dance. The Lady Gaga song was wrapping up, and Adam Lambert's new single, "For Your Entertainment" started playing. They both began moving to the music together, and to his surprise she seemed to be the type of girl who had some skill dancing that extended beyond looking hot and knowing the right way to sway her hips to get a guy's attention. They danced for the first minute or so of the song, then she called out over the sound of the music, almost yelling but at the same time probably not being heard by anything further away than right next to them.

"Cool look! I'm Aradia - who're you?!"

((Dice pool seven as well.))

She wasn't paying all that much attention to the party at the moment, more enjoying the dance with Daniel. There were interesting things happening all around of course, but she did respond to his words, with a soft whisper of her own. "I'm not worried about it, Daniel.. let's just unwind and have fun."

Fuck.

Sonja watched Morri flee, her face painted with regretful consternation. Morri had been having fun, dancing just like any other girl here, and because she saw Morri as sort of innocent, she had thought Kazuo had been taking advantage of that.

She had been wrong. Disastrously so. She hoped Morri would be willing to talk with her still.

"... Barbaralla..."

Despite feeling like utter shit, she still wanted to slap Kazuo for that, but he stalked off before she mustered the will to lift her hand. Which was just as well, she had caused enough problems already. Instead she stomped her way to the drink table and poured herself a over large glass of Captain Morgan's, hoping it would take the edge off what she was feeling. Or at least make it so she didn't care.

As Kazuo came back in, Sonja slinked off as best she could, considering what she looked like, and retreated to the far corner of the room. The expression on her face clearly told everyone she wanted to be left alone.

"Speaking of..." Oneca situated herself so that she could watch the unfolding teen drama while still comfortably warm against her unofficial date for the evening. "Looks like Barbie not only put her foot in her mouth, but swallowed the whole leg."

She gave a laught that could only be described as snarky, "I can't tell if she was jealous of the red-eyed girl or the Japanese kid. God, she's such a pain in the ass."

As the drama died down and the participants either disappeared or started downing liquor like fish, she settled back where she was before and grinned up at Revenant. "So you've got lots of make-up time to do on being a teen and doing stupid shit? I think I can help on that, if you want me to. Tit for tat on helping me with learning my powers, yes?"

Kia squeaked in surprise, and her skin turned an alarmed shade of reddish yellow, then faded back to basic brown as she got used to the sudden shift. Then, just as she was starting to enjoy it, they went to slow dancing. It wasn't that she disliked slow dancing...she just didn't feel it right now.

She gave Jor an apologetic smile and ruffled his hair affectionately to hopefully carry some of the sting away as she said, "Actually, would you mind if I visited the snacks? All the dancing's made me pretty hungry."

She was hungry too, so it wasn't a lie...but it wasn't from exertion. Kia knew from experience she could dance harder than she had been for hours without breaking a sweat. Even so, the thought of some chips or one of those little triangle sandwiches or whatever they had here was making her mouth water. She disengaged from Jor's slow-dancin' arms and backed away a step, still saying 'sorry' with her expression, then turned and headed for the snack table.

A relieved, foolish grin spread over Jamie's face. "Good," she said quietly, but she meant it. She stood up on her toes and gave Ren an affectionate kiss on the cheek, not bothering to tame her hair. She rather liked it better like that, anyway. "Thank you for being a gentleman," she told him, and took another drink of the Bailey's. She was growing quite fond of the stuff. A voice in the back of her head (and God, did those voices ever shut up?) told her that maybe the Bailey's-consumption was something she should watch more carefully, but she ignored it, as she usually did.

Ren grinned back at Jamie, shaking his head and snorting out a laugh. Too fucking cute, he thought. He put an arm around Jamie's slender shoulders, touched her brow with a quick peck and nursed his rum and coke. When the music started blaring through the next song, Ren just kinda swayed to it, lightly tilting Jamie along with him. His eyes drifted closed as he marked the beat with the bobbing of his head. When he chanced to look up he saw through the window to the frozen lake beyond, As blue and cold as Glacia's ass. Vaguely he wished for summer and a rope swing...and then an idea began to form.

"Hey..." Ren bent toward Jamie. His message waited while he took a little nip at her ear-lobe and then he whispered, "wanna go for a swim?"

"My name is Alekanedero, but you can call me Alek. Pleasure to meet you Aradia. So, what is there to do around here for fun, other than this?" He smiled and nodded to the others on the dance floor as his body moved in time with the music. "It can be a bit much for baselines, though. My look, that is. Glad you like it. Got me in trouble back home." He chuckled a little bit and smiled warmly, "So, are you new here as well, or have you been here a while?"

Quote:
As the drama died down and the participants either disappeared or started downing liquor like fish, she settled back where she was before and grinned up at Revenant. "So you've got lots of make-up time to do on being a teen and doing stupid shit? I think I can help on that, if you want me to. Tit for tat on helping me with learning my powers, yes?"

"Indeed I do." He laughed a bit. He raised his bottle of cider and Oneca took the cue and the two tapped their bottles together with a slight chime, sealing the deal for their future shenanigans together. "That sounds like one kick ass idea. Can't think of anyone else I'd rather be getting in trouble with around here, yer alright Oneca."

Originally Posted By: Oneca Bahaar
"Speaking of..." Oneca situated herself so that she could watch the unfolding teen drama while still comfortably warm against her unofficial date for the evening. "Looks like Barbie not only put her foot in her mouth, but swallowed the whole leg."

She gave a laugh that could only be described as snarky, "I can't tell if she was jealous of the red-eyed girl or the Japanese kid. God, she's such a pain in the ass."

Warren watched. Having not really been paying attention to anything but Oneca -which he finally seemed to take note of and wondered where the time went. With a hint of confusion he cocked his head a bit and asked. "So, what's the deal there exactly? I mean, between you two."

Nathan left the dorm building and headed in search of the boathouse by a semi-indirect route. He headed towards the lake as soon as he could see it, then made his way around to the boathouse and the faint sounds of the party that drifted out.

As he approached from the side he could make out a seated and a small figure on the deck, briefly illuminated by a door opening and closing. Since it obviously provided a way in he quickly made his way up to the pair on the deck as the figures revealed themselves to be striking young woman with glowing red eyes and a guy in a wheelchair.

"Hi there, mind if I join the party? I just arrived and someone suggested I might be able to grab a bite here."

Morri opened her mouth to reply to ‘Wheels’ when the door opened and deposited Kazuo. She looked at him for signs of fighting and almost missed what he said. The feral was two beats too slow catching her coat and had to bend to keep it from hitting the snowy porch. By the time she’d straightened back up, her roommate was back into the party, leaving her feeling strangely warmed by his actions even though she was still cold. She wasn’t sure why, but she knew that he wasn’t that angry about her messing up the dancing. In time, it would be like it had never happened, and that was good. She wasn’t sure that the same would happen with Sonja.

She was occupied with something else; a very big question. “Morri,” she told Josh, eyeing him as he took his coat back. She slipped her own on and stared critically at his chair. “Why your chair have wheels?” She asked it as if it were the most pressing question ever presented, her hard gaze fixated on the wheelchair as if she could glare answers out of him or it.

They were interrupted again; at this rate, Morri would never learn that her ‘so shell lying’ was a bit flawed in concept. The newcomer had come down the path and was clearly headed for the party, but he stopped and asked about it. However, Morri had realized that they had a problem; he needed Eileen to explain how things worked in the world. “No biting,” she told him sternly. “Only bite in fights, and then only when half to fight.” She nodded firmly to reinforce her statement. “Food inside, if hungry.” She didn’t seem inclined to introduce herself to him, but Josh knew she might need some prompting in that area.

"Nah, I've been here awhile.. and you can call me Ari, if you like. Pleased to meet you too. I know how it goes - people freak out bad enough when your eyes start glowing green and you start getting streaks in your hair. I can only imagine what they do if you turn into rock, or whatever. As for your question, there's enough to do to keep a bunch of mutie teens from getting bored. Most of 'em, anyway."

She flashed him a bit of a grin then, and lifted her eyebrows slightly. The inflection in her voice told him that he was probably speaking to one of the exceptions at the moment, and her eyes shimmered a little stronger in what seemed to indicate amusement.

"There's computer labs with games, lots of TVs and consoles, the lake for skating or swimming, an indoor pool too, and all kinds of gym equipment. They have teams for sports and there's chess club and drama club and most of that normal high school shit, you know? Tell you what - you tell me what you think is fun, and I'll tell you where to find it!"

Archived