Aberrant: Mutant High - Oil and Water [New Semester Mixer Fic]

z020

Other than a couple of weeks of ballet and watching several of Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease videos, Sonja hadn't taken any dancing lessons, but her body sure knew how to move, and that more than made up for the lack of any formal training. That, and the bouncing going on inside her midriff baring sweater.

At first, Morri seemed a little hesitant, and Sonja exaggerated her movements, trying to show her the moves. Slowly, Morri seemed to be feeling the music, but to Sonja's surprise - and curious delight - the red-eyed girl wasn't simply copying her. Sonja was sure she had seen those moves in a music video somewhere, there was a structure that she certainly hadn't expected.

She learned this somewhere. She wasn't born and raised by animals in Africa. No way!

No wanting Morri to stop, Sonja stayed next to her on the dance floor, mostly ignoring everyone else, especially the guys who seemed intent on humping her leg. When Violet made it to the party, she got a smile and an enthusiastic wave, Sonja didn't offer to help with the crates as she usually would have. She was having fun and she wanted to make sure Morri continued to have fun as well.

Then Ari joined them and the three gorgeous girls began dominating the dance floor with their hypnotic, fluid movements. Time to toss the dice. Please, just answer, don't freak out. Sonja pressed in close to Morri's back, garnering hollers from some of the crowd, and bent slightly to put her mouth right next to her ear.

"What are you thinking of, right now?" Sonja asked the wild girl, for her ears alone.

((OOC: Only Perform 1, but Dex 5/2 and Physical Prodigy lets her cheat and move like a Barbie figured dream.))

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the two teens left Warren passed by Violet and gave her a slight nod as he met her eyes. It seemed the polite thing to do since they were business partners now, after all. Well, sort of, she was the business, he shook down people who didn't pay.

Her darkness was a contrast on the Winter Wonderland background that over looked a gorgeous lake, frozen and polished over after a day of skating on it. During the summer, with no lights out here it's be difficult to see clearly but on winter nights like tonight the moon's light reflected down upon the snow and it in turn reflected that light all about the surface of the snow. What resulted was a landscape the seemed to light up in a soft shade of purplish-blue with the shadows being only slight darker.

They leaned against the wall, looking out onto the frozen water. A million thoughts went through the loners mind as he listened to Oneca tonight. She was 'real', seemed like a good person to talk to, was gorgeous... he could honestly say to himself she was someone he'd like to get to know, which wasn't easy to admit for a guy who believed he could take on the world alone.

"Well, if you don't mind," It ws hard to decide which was more captivating, her or the scenery, but he looked over to her as he started to speak. "I was kinda hoping 'crazy goth chick' wouldn't mind having someone around she could hang with." Despite his mile long rebellious streak, Warren was still just a sixteen year-old who'd been alone to fend for himself for way to long. The idea of having someone, a 'friend' seemed strange to him. "It's been cool just talking with you, I don't really have anyone I'd call a 'friend' here."

He laughed a bit and went back to looking at the lake. He really didn't know how to express the simple thought of 'I'd like to hang out anytime', and it showed. "Wow, that sounded desperate. I guess, what I'm saying is that I'd like still like to hang out, yes."

"If you like, I've been using my powers for quite some time," His voice picked up a notch now that awkward 'let's be friends!' moment was hopefully done. "Been borrowing em from others too for as long as I can remember. If you like, I'd be willing to help you learn more about it. Under the table practice, not that 'do-gooder' shit they teach us here."

Jamie felt a little awkward, dancing to this sort of music - it wasn't the kind she listened to, or normally danced to, not in the least. But what the hell? She had a cute date, and she was naturally pretty good on her feet. So she swayed and bobbed her head to the music and hoped she didn't look like an utter tool.

She giggled at the faces Ren pulled, making a few back, sticking her tongue out at him briefly and crossing her eyes. All in all, it was shaping up to be a pretty good night.

"What exactly are your powers? I mean, you said you borrow powers, but do you have some that are always there?" She seemed genuinely curious, and more relaxed now. Whether it was the 'yes' to hanging out or just the nicotine was up for grabs.

"And thanks. About the power practice. Drumm might be all pro-mutant whatever, but I don't really want to put all my cards on the table for any sort of authority when I'm still not considered a person, let alone a duly protected citizen." She took in the pristine scenery and mused, "Y'know, I'm probably gonna get hit for this, but this whole place, the whole school, it's like some really bad parody of the Harry Potter movie. Only the moldy guy, whatever his name was....the bad guy, it's not another one of us. It's all of them. Or enough of them, anyways. Makes me think they had the right idea, hiding away where no one could get to them."

She didn't get hit, but it did earn her a curious glare. "We have every right to be here as much as they do. Planet's big enough for us all. The humans are just jealous and want what we have, want us wiped out or using out powers for whatever they say we can use em' for, so their lives are better. Better to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven, I say. I'll see the world ash before I let them enslave me again."

He seemed very passionate about fighting for the side of mutant-kind, but it certainly left it debatable as to how far he might go to to achieve that end. Cold air filled his lungs and it cooled the fires of his anger towards the human race. He collected himself.

"I can uh, borrow powers, like I said." He started, hoping he didn't freak her out with his anti-human preaching. "I can also excite the molecules in something so it generates some kinda kinetics, that causes it to explode once I let it go."

He scooped up some snow and packed it into a ball. He held it up, over the wall so neither had to leave currently favorite leaning spot, and let it rest on the tips of his finger, ensconcing it for display. It just a swift flicker of energy the snow ball lit up and danced like a purple, heatless torch casting an eerie light over the couple. "No worries, it's not going to explode. At the most it'll pop out like compressed air, at the worst it'll pop and we'll be covered in snow."

He stood, admiring her in the violet ambiance of his Snowbomb. Her eyes took on a marvelous shimmer and he couldn't help but smile at her. "Uh," He realized he was staring and tossed the frozen orb. Sure enough with a 'thump' sound a small poof of snow rose up from where it impacted. "I, uh, also steal the life from people. Like a vampire, I guess. When I want I can feed off another person's energy, they wither and die while I feel up beat and peppy. It's quite a rush." He shrugged with a mild grin on his, completely nonchalant about drinking the life of another being. "I'm not sure the science of it, and I won't let Drumm test me. I got a thing against being a lab rat."

Violet smiled at him, grateful for the immediate warmth of his presence as only someone with a numb nose could be. "It's just on the other side of the wall nearest the boathouse, piled up there." she told Alex, peering up through long dark lashes and trying not to ogle at how... very... blue... his eyes were. "There's a few crates there. You'll need some strong backs."

"No problem." he flashed her another smile before turning away to the crowd and tapping the three largest of the nearest guys. After a second's thought, he threaded into the crowd a ways and tapped Kazuo on the shoulder, not that the Japanese kid needed additional heads-up Alex was near: the glow was a dead giveaway. Kazuo was already half-turning towards Amaratsu's bastard lovechild with a faint scowl of 'What the fuck do YOU want now, GlowBug?' on his face. Not so much hostile as curious; though for Kazuo, one was never far from the other.

"Up for helping with the drinks?" Alex half-shouted over the music. Ahh, that was different. Getting the drinks in was man's work, right enough. And besides, first ones with their hands on the liquor got first pick. Law of the jungle or some shit. Kazuo actually smiled a bit and nodded before following Sunshine back to the door.

"Back soon." Alex told Violet with irrepressible cheerfulness before leading the pack-train out into the cold night. They passed Oneca and Warren, standing to one side at the rail, and Alex once more paused by his room-mate.

"Booze run." he said, no further explanation needed, given or asked for. Warren turned to Oneca as he pushed away from the railing he was confortably leaning on.

"Hold that thought, 'kay?" He told the strange, fascinating girl with a smile. Oneca just nodded and watched as the six-strong group set off at a jog across the snow, following the single set of tracks Violet had left.

Once at the wall, things went quickly. A quick scramble over the wall, those that could fly, climb or otherwise navigate the obstacle helping those that couldn't, and the crates were readily apparent. The mutants took stock of the crates and decided, with the headstrong enthusiasm of youth, that this would be a snap. To be fair, it was pretty easy. Kazuo and one overly-bulky mutant with enhanced strength could carry crates like they were beachballs, though both had to take some care not to jar or break the contents. Alex and Warren helped get each crate up and over the wall steadily, one flying, the other balancing easily atop the barrier. Down to the other side, where the last two mutants played receiver. A few more minutes of lifting, a few good-natured curses, and the six young men were heading back to the party, clinking under their heavy burdens.

Originally Posted By: Jor
Jor was pleased by the enthusiastic greeting from Kia, no 16 year old boy could be unaffected by an extremely cute girl being happy to see him. "Sure, I'll join ya, I'm pretty thirsty even if it is soda." He smiled back at her. Now this was more like it. Pretty girl, party, decent music, yeah.

"After we quench our thirst we should dance."

Kia bobbed her head enthusiastically and grabbed a pair of bottle necks from the nearest cooler. She wasn't especially concerned about the specific type of soda at this point, and if he wanted something else he could ask or get it himself. 'Don't sweat the small stuff' was not just an aphorism to Kia...it was a law of nature.

Jor found himself handed a plastic bottle of root beer, while Kia enjoyed a Sprite...which seemed very aptly named for her. She hadn't even finished it before she set it aside and came over to Jor with her hands reaching for his, clearly intending to make good on that dance invitation.

(OOC - Kia's Perform pool for dancing is 7 dice, not bad for a high schooler. :))

Click to reveal..
((OOC: This portion of the post happens before Procyon grabs Kazuo to help with the “adult drinks”.))

Kazuo watched “Cirque” go and tried to figure out if she’d just completely dissed him, or if she’d only just kinda dissed him with the goal of encouraging him to come back later for some more punishment. Well whatever, it wasn’t like this was the first time Kazuo “Kurusu” Kanai had failed to charm the socks of a girl, and it was pretty damned likely this wouldn’t be the last, either.

*Well shit*, he thought, *I was hopin’ to dance with her. Now I gotta go find someone else…*

Now, it might be noted at this point that Kazuo had neither done nor said anything that would have implied to Ari (or anyone else, for that matter) that he specifically wanted to dance with her. Furthermore, it could be pointed out that he’d actually failed completely to even ask her if she wanted to dance at all

But it won’t be, because then Kazuo would have to admit he fucked up and made an ass out of himself.

Moving along…

Shrugging his shoulders and tossing his mostly-full can of soda into the nearest trash can, Kazuo moved off into the crowd of dancers and within a few seconds he was moving to the beat along with everyone else. He played it loose and pretty soon he found himself dancing with a junior who seemed to have a thing for ‘bad boys’.

Or something.

Kazuo didn’t know and didn’t care. She was pretty cute, and she smiled a lot, and she was someone to dance with.

Kazuo was just getting into the groove of things when he noticed the world’s prettiest NiteLite approaching. What the hell did he want?
Kazuo followed Alex out to where the crates of alcohol were without comment, though he did pull out a Lucky 7 and light up while they were in transit.

Once there, Kazuo loaded himself up with two of them, and made off for the party as soon as he’d assured himself that the other boys could handle the rest themselves. The wall proved no obstacle for him, and he was up and over it without even pausing.

Once back at the lakehouse, Kazuo strutted in through the front entrance like he owned the place and held his cases of booze up even higher as he shouted into the crowd of dancing teens in his loudest voice (which was goddammed loud) with a huge grin on his face, "Oi!! I got the booze right here, you gaijin motherfuckers! Who wants some?!"

Ren glanced over his shoulder at the noise-making machine that was Kazuo. Booze, really? He shrugged at Jamie, waiting until they'd finished their dance to give her an unnecessary twirl and ask "Do you want something to drink? I think I'll go see what they've got."

"Can you get me a Little King's Cream Ale?" Jamie asked.

Ren blinked. Stared.

"Little King's Cream Ale." She said again, "They have it everywhere."

"Sure." Ren's lips made a line that could be interpreted as a smile...a mostly patronizing one. "I'll be right back."

He padded over to where Kazuo was unloading the liquor and peered into the crates. "Mmm." At length he served himself a glass of vodka, lest he shame himself before the judgment of Sasha, and a glass of Bailey's for Jamie. "Thanks Patches," he nodded at Kazuo in passing as he made his way back to Jamie.

"Be nice!" Jamie scolded, delivering a wicked pinch to Ren's side.

"OW...fff--I was! I said 'thanks' didn't I?" Ren gave her wounded look as he handed Jamie her drink. "They didn't have Royal Cream Whatever...I got you a Bailey's."

He clinked his plastic glass to hers. "Prost."

Daniel nodded about the Booze but continued Dancing with Diana. Hot beer just didn't taste good, so he stayed away from it. Instead he enojyed beng with his girlfriend. there'd been no major crap-ups so far, and it was shaping up to be a quiet night.

He laughed. "A quiet night.. God I must be high. We're giving alcohol to mutant minors..." His quiet whisper was barely audible to Glacia, and she could tell he was highly amused.

Jamie shrugged and took a drink, relishing the creamy liquor. It wasn't quite what she'd been after, but it was close enough. She'd just have to watch how much she drank a little more closely, was all.

"You need to work on your people skills," she told Ren, grinning. "You can't embarrass me in public, so I'll have to start you on someone a little more forgiving." She grabbed his hand, leading him through the crowd as she searched for that familiar mane of blond - ah! there. She dragged Ren behind her, heading for the corner, where Corentine leaned against the wall, smoking contentedly, the fingers of her other hand tangled in the long brown hair of a small, wide-eyed freshman girl.

Jamie waved as they got closer, and Corentine, seeing him, relaxed her grip on the other girl, blowing several small smoke rings at them in greeting. "Hello, my dear," she said to Jamie, smiling. "Enjoying yourself?"

Jamie grinned and nodded, pulling Ren forward. "Yep. Got someone here I want you to meet. This is Ren. The guy I told you about?"

Corentine looked the boy up and down, seemingly unimpressed, but gave him a cool smile nonetheless. "Ah, yes," she said, her voice smoky and soft and difficult to make out over the noise of the rest of the party, "I remember you speaking of him. My name is Corentine," she said to Ren. "And this delectable creature," she motioned with the hand holding her cigarette to the girl whose hair she seemed fascinated by, "is known as Morgan."

((OOC: Corentine looks like this. You'll have to use your imagination for Morgan, though.))

4b018fb339f6a_m.jpg

Ren allowed himself to be dragged along behind Jamie, somehow holding his cup of vodka aloft and and only sloshing a little down the back of a girl in a lemon yellow top and a mint green mini skirt from which a sleek little tail protruded.

"HEY!" she shrieked, jumping, tail swishing angrily.

Ren tossed her a thumb's up as Jamie pulled him over to Corentine. He cleared his throat as the introduction was made, took a sip of his vodka, shot the cuff of his free hand, and kept looking from Corentine to Morgan.

"Yeah, hey. I'm Ren." he repeated pointlessly, took another sip of vodka, coughed and put his hand foward. "Nice to meet you. Corentine, right? What is that, Italian?"

"French." She corrected with a mild and distant air of amusement.

"Cool. And you're Morgan. Nice to meet you, too."

"Hi." Morgan said shyly. "Where are you from?"

"Minnesota." Ren answered.

"Oh, no, I mean..." Corentine's little friend blushed. "Originally. You know. Ethnically."

"Oh. That." Ren looked pointedly at Jamie. His eye twitched. He turned back to Morgan. "I'm Somali." he answered her, completely deadpan.

Morgan blinked at him, "You're from Somalia?" She looked up at Corentine for confirmation.

The elegant French mutant shook her head and stroked her fingers lightly over Morgan's slender bare shoulder. "He's toying with you, dear." she indulgently explained for the freshman.

"oh." Morgan blushed more furiously still.

Ren looked satisfied with himself.

At hearing Morri's claim that the music was too loud, Sonja was about to suggest that they step outside for a moment, but Morri went right back to dancing. With a shrug and a smile, Sonja stayed close and continued dancing with the red-eyed girl.

More people were arriving at the party, more people were getting on the dance floor, and Sonja was feeling the heat build. Morri was a furnace pressed so close, almost lost in the music. Looking over the crowd, Sonja saw Kazuo walk in with a pair of crates over his shoulder and an idea formed. In for a penny, in for a pound.

"Morri, I'm going to get us some drinks, 'kay? I'll be right back," Sonja almost yelled in Morri's ear. When Morri didn't seem inclined to go anywhere, Sonja gave her shoulder a squeeze and began working her way to the drinks, trading a few words with the newer people at LHA.

"Hey Kia, everything good so far? You and Jor should get on the dance floor."

"Ah, Jamie, glad you can make it... and Ren," Sonja cheerful grin faded to neutrality as she eyed him. On one hand, he wasn't hanging around her sister, on the other, why wasn't he trying for 'Neca? Not that Jamie wasn't cute or had killer calves, or anything.

Sonja wrinkled her nose at the smell of cigarette smoke and her lips turned down further, into an annoyed frown. "Corentine, you should really be doing that outside."

"Ah, Sonja, ma belle," the Frenchwoman said with smokey interest and a husky chuckle. "I see that you are dancing close with Aradia and that new, red-eyed girl. Are you sure you wouldn't be interested in..."

"No." Sonja answered obviously uncomfortable with the open lesbian's regard, and she quickly made her way through the crowd.

At the drink table, Sonja was just going to pick up a pair of wine coolers, but the bottle of Captain Morgan's caught her attention instead. Damn dyke! I told her no already. She filled two tumblers then raised them over her head and began working her way back to the dance floor, going to other way around the room to avoid Ren and Corentine.

The way she carried the glasses high made Sonja breasts seem in real danger of bursting free of her v-neck sweater, and one boy with big hands and little sobriety went for a grope. The look on the tall blonde's face quickly made him withdraw before she withdrew something he was still very much attached to.

Finally, back on the dance floor, Sonja handed Morri her drink. Morri looked at it quizzically, but Sonja simply gestured for her to take a sip.

"You don't want to get too hot Morri. Take a sip, see what you think." Taking her own advice, Sonja downed half her glass in one go, letting the soothing heat burn away the look she saw in Corentine's eyes.

Jor quickly set down the root beer and allowed himself to be reluctantly pulled onto the dance floor. The reluctance was all an act. As the two took places near the other dancers he started doing bad 'white guy' moves much to the amusement of everyone around and possibly to the embarrassment of his dance partner. For a minute it looked like Jor's red hair and pale skin had doomed him to a life of being a dancefloor reject. Then the beat changed and a new song came on and like a light bulb had been turned on, Jor started moving like a professional dancer. His sudden grin said he had been having some fun with everyone and now it was time to have some real fun.

((Jor has 7 dice in his dance pool, 4 of it perform.))

Meanwhile, the smoke was making Jamie anxious for a cigarette. "Hey, uh, Corentine?" she asked.

"Hmm?" the other girl answered, twining Morgan's hair around her fingers and forcing her to look into Corentine's face.

"Can I bum a smoke?"

"Certainly, my dear." Corentine reluctantly took her hand from Morgan's hair reached into the small girl's pocket, pulling out a pack of Benson & Hedges green. Apparently she was using Morgan's pocket because her dress had none, and she did not have her purse. She took a drag off her own cigarette and lit the other cigarette with the end, taking a puff and passing it off to Jamie. Then she withdrew another and lit it, offering it to Morgan. "Have a smoke, pet."

"I don't smoke - " Morgan began, but Corentine cut her off.

"Of course you do," she said briskly, taking a deep drag off this new cigarette (which was just as well since hers was nearly through with anyway) and grabbing Morgan, forcing her into a deep kiss. Morgan made a surprised 'mmph!' sound but did not protest, and when Corentine's lips left hers, smoke lingered in the air between them. "See?" And she held the cigarette to Morgan's lips, and Morgan was obliged to take it.

Corentine turned her attention to Ren, smiling mischeviously. "Ahh, how rude of me. Would you like a cigarette as well, Ren? I was about to ask you to fetch me a rum in any case, and perhaps I could entice you with a light."

Ren was staring open-mouthed at Corentine's little display of dominance over the pixie-like Morgan. He held his vodka cup in his hand, his eyes all glassed over, his body frozen in place. Until Jamie punched his arm.

"Huh, what?" He turned to look from his date to Corentine. "Oh, sure, yeah. No sweat. Just rum, no coke?"

"Just rum." Corentine answered him.

Ren nodded, glancing toward Morgan, who was bravely attempting to smoke her cigarette one tiny puff at a time, coughing, and looking doe-eyed at Corentine--who had resumed playing with her hair. "What does she want?"

Corentine grinned lazily. "She will take one of those hard lemonades. Is that not so, Sweetness?"

Morgan nodded numbly and Ren barked a laugh that he cut short by faking a sudden urgency to clear his throat. "Coming right up."

Jamie had surprisingly cool friends, Ren decided as he threaded through dancing couples to arrive, once more, at the booze. It was quickly dwindling, and so he hurriedly refreshed his vodka, served the rum for Corentine and grabbed a Mike's Hard Lemonade for Morgan.

Getting all the drinks back was a delicate balancing act between hand, elbow and chin...but at length Ren arrived with the refreshments and turned to Jamie. "Little help..." Once the booze had been doled out, Ren accepted his cigarette from Corentine, left Jamie holding his vodka so he could light up with his fancy lighter, and then took a long deep puff, only to cough spastically, snatch his drink back from Jamie and take a gulping swallow.

"Oh fuck, that's fucking menthol!"

Alek sighed, staring at the stars through the clouds, leaning back on a hillside overlooking the lake. This place is just so different from home. I wonder if I'll ever get used to it. He'd been keeping to himself, to avoid freaking out the staff and students. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. He closed his eyes and listened to the wind blowing through the trees. His ears soon picked up the sounds of rock music coming from nearby. Alek got up and slowly forged his way over to where the music was coming from. Whistling, he noticed the lake-house and the gathering within. His nature taking over, he began jogging towards the boathouse and the party. His clothes were getting ripped by the branches of passing trees, but Alek didn't notice the damage until he got to the door. He fidgeted with his shirt and ran a hand over his smooth head. I hope there's no invite needed. He grabbed the door and opened it slightly, looking in. When he saw the people in the room, he slid in and started walking around, feeling nervous.

Booze run, done and dusted. Alex set his crate down on the floor with a faint grunt of effort, then shook some life back into his hands, in that moment envying Kazuo his strength. Must be nice to be able to bench a hatchback. he mused wryly. More useful than being able to vaporise one, certainly.

He unpacked the crate a bit so that people could dive in and get their poison, then grabbed two four-packs of bottled lager and ducked back outside.

Nodding in friendly fashion to Oneca and flashing her a small smile, he drifted up off the wooden patio deck and, small flares appearing in his aura, flew up level to the roof of the single-storey building. As the darkly beautiful girl watched semi-curiously, he plunked the bottles into the thick snow covering near the edge of the roof before taking one for himself. Grinning with satisfaction, he floated down to the planking again.

"Safe and chilled. The best kind of beer." he explained with a playful grin to Oneca, then tipped her a salute with the bottle in his hand and disappeared back inside again. Back in the crush, lager in hand, Alex got back to the serious business of partying, blue eyes scanning the crowd for the place guaranteed to prove the most fun.

There's Violet... Bad Alex! No being a creepy stalker. Wait. Be cool... God damn she looks good. Someone else will snatch her up... Easy. So what? It's a party. Have fun, don't get serious, and don't scare away the girl before you've even danced with her. That would be bad. He leaned against the wall, head tilting back as he took a swallow from the bottle. As he looked around some more, he saw Kia dancing with Jor and grinned, his hormonal issues forgotten for a moment. Okay, she's cuter than a kitten blanket. Good for Jor. Scanning around still further he saw... wait, Morri? Dancing? With Aradia and Sonja? And looking damn good too. He watched the three girls moving to the beat for a few moments, which was perfect material for the sort of male reflection that never, ever gets aired around the other gender.

Trying to be casual, he glanced around again to see what Violet was up to. She was standing on the edge of the dance floor with a small bunch of other girls, laughing at someone's joke and looking like a million dollars as she raised her glass to take a sip. Going and asking for a dance isn't creepy-stalker. Get your thumb out of your arse, boy.

Making up his mind, he pushed away from the wall he'd been doing an admirable job of propping up and wove his way through the crowd to Violet's cluster. One girl saw him, nudged the one next to her, and in short order all of them were staring as the glowing youth stepped out of the crowd into the clear space around them. He took some heart that at least it wasn't the patented 'fuck off, creep' stare perfected by groups of female partygoers throughout the Western world.

"Ladies." Alex nodded to the girls, making eye contact with a friendly sweep of his gaze and smiling with a confidence he didn't feel. That sapphire-blue gaze fixed on Violet's face. "I was wondering: could I could steal you for a dance or three?" he offered, feeling silly at how proud he was not to be trembling. This was different from the previous random encounter which folded into a lunch date. How, Alex couldn't quite say at the moment. His brain was too involved closely with making sure he didn't appear to be the hind end of an ass to get sidetracked with courtship semantics.

The feral watched Sonja go. She should have been concerned, but the natural high from all the dancing left her in a rare good mood. The staring no longer bothered her; it was somewhere away from her. She could feel the stares but it felt alright now. No, it felt good to move like this and let the world fade into the background. It was like when she was a butcher, but no one screamed or died; no one was hurt or hating her. Some people were even smiling as she danced. It was a change to feel good and not be doing something bad.

Sonja's return was not as much an intrusion as something being brought to the forefront. The offer of refreshment was good; it was hot in here and Morri was thirsty. Sonja even got a little smile as Morri took the drink and threw it back. For a second, it looked like she was the party animal of the year; then the girl leaned forward and spit the drink out. Coughing, eyes watering, she whined, "Burns!"

Sonja was too close to her when she choked, and spat-out drink end up festooning the front of her sweater. The brown liquid instantly began to show up on the lighter fabric. The suspicious glare in Morri's eyes faded as she saw what she'd done. She knew that spitting on people was bad; someone had done that to her once, and Eileen had explained why. She hadn't meant to spit on Sonja, and the amazonian saw the regret in her strange friend's eyes.

Josh had finally found a happy medium of an empty plate and a towering mountain of food. Well, the easy part was over...

So, giving the dance floor the widest berth possible, Josh wheeled over to the cliques of students waiting around for the ball to drop in Times Square. Now came the difficult part.

He tried to find a place to put his chair where he could be in on the conversation, and to do so with a group that wouldn't mind having an extra.

Despite the generally festive attitude, he didn't seem to be having much luck.

Aradia's eyes widened, and she let out a little gasp of surprise, stepping back just slightly as the red-eyed mutant girl spit the drink out on Sonja. She could see the flush begin to creep across Sonja's face and the angry and then upset look on Morri's, and she quickly stepped in for damage control on either side.

"Whoops! Good grief, Sonja, you should probably start her out on the light stuff first, huh? Even I can't chug that shit."

She smiled a little at Sonja to take the sting off the situation as she took the glass smoothly from Morri's hand.

"It's okay Morri, stuff happens, we shoulda' told you - this is a sipping drink, see? You drink it slowly and it's kind of warm, it feels good. But if you drink it too fast, it burns."

She took a little sip from what was left in the glass just to demonstrate, then passed it off to someone dancing nearby with a quiet murmur, and the nodded and took it from her, moving over to place it on the table as Ari turned back, seeming to take it all in stride. She knew Sonja would be embarrassed though, she was always sensitive about stuff that drew attention to her abundant "assets".

"Sonja, you want me to port up and grab you another sweater? There's a bathroom over there, you'd be able to change."

Quote:
"Oh fuck, that's fucking menthol!"

Corentine chuckled dryly. "Yes. Yes it is."

"Not a fan?" Jamie asked teasingly. She had already finished hers and was leaning against the wall, sipping her bailey's and watching him through amused, narrowed eyes.

"It is an acquired taste," Corentine interjected airily, grabbing Morgan (who was still trying to deal with her smoke) by the arm. "We will dance," she said imperiously. "Enjoy yourselves." And quietly to Jamie, "Careful with the liquor." And she swept away, rum still clutched tightly in her other hand, Morgan trailing behind her, puffing resignedly.

Jamie crossed her arms over her chest, staring down into her cup like it contained the secrets of the universe. "So, assuming you don't choke to death on that cigarette's minty freshness - which, by the way, is delicious - you wanna return to the dance floor? Or should we hone your people skills a bit more?"

After holding her breath for a ten count, Sonja let out a long sigh and wiped the drops of liquid sliding down her face with a sleeve. Morri is being awfully rough on my wardrobe.

"It's alright, Morri," Sonja said, working her lips into a grin at the look of guilt in Morri's eyes. "Like Ari said, that was entirely my fault. I should've warned ya. Please, don't worry about it."

Sonja could feel the rum soaking through her thin sweater and starting to stick to her skin. "S'okay, Ari, I'll just pop out for a few minutes. I want some fresh air anyway." Sonja pointed with her chin in the direction of the corner the smokers had claimed. "I'll be back soon enough."

She gave Morri's hand a squeeze, showing that she held no hard feelings, then went to collect her coat, striving to ignore the eyes plastered to the wet sweater molded to her chest. She slipped on her longcoat, then was striding out the door.

Her long legs devoured the ground quickly and soon Sonja was back in her dorm room. She stripped off her sweater and bra, then entered the bathroom, wiping at the stickiness on her skin. That done, she dugged out another bra. Glancing at herself in the mirror, Sonja frowned slightly at the flesh just beginning to bulge over the cups. Fuck! Please no, not another growth spurt!

With the majority of her sweaters soaked, slashed, or otherwise in the wash, Sonja changed into a charcoal, knee-length sweater dress instead. She switched her two-inch heels for a pair of four-inch heeled boots, hoping that her legs would draw some of the attention off her breasts (though really all she did was raise her breasts closer to eye level).

Click to reveal.. (What she's wearing)
john-patrick-organic-sweater-dress.jpg

Sonja glided through the rarely quiet halls of the dorm hall, heels clacking loudly in the silence, about to pass by the common room where the 'official' party was being held.

"Ish." Ren made a face, took another sip of his vodka and scowled at his cigarette.

A pudgy girl with piercing black eyes and her date, a lanky boy with green tinted skin and elongated arms, happened to walk by just then. Ren glanced sharply at the red plastic cup bobbing in the girl's hand, then at Jamie. She saw the mischief in his eyes, and quickly realized what he was about to do...but before Jamie could even say "Ren, don't!" he'd already dropped his cigarette surreptitiously into the girl's drink. The pair wandered off into the crowd, blissfully unaware of the little menthol surprise Ren had left them.

Ren snickered and stepped over to Jamie. At the roll of her eyes he giggled guiltily. He drained his vodka and reached past Jamie's shoulder to set it on the mantle behind her. By now his sharp-featured face had taken on a distinctly 'Asian glow' and he grinned goofily at Jamie.

"Let's work on my people skills," he told her, settling his hands on her waist and tracing little imaginary circles on her hips with his thumbs.

The 'Official' party was going much like it had been when the other students left, and everybody seemed to be having at least a modicum of fun.

Everybody except Josh that is.

Josh had gone around the room, at least twice, and didn't see any sort of openings where he could join in with anybody. So he wheeled himself into a corner and finished his plate of food.

There wasn't any way that he was going to stick around here and just sit by himself. He'd rather be asleep then staying up to watch New Years by himself in a room full of people. So he headed towards his room, dejected and alone.

It was only after he had started leaving the party that he noticed the whine of his electric motors mingling with the clacking of heels on the tile.

Not long into the new song, as Jor finally started to get into it, Kia was warm enough that she had to doff her knit cap and stuff it into her pocket, letting her long, glossy black hair out to bounce around. Finally, during a lull while the playlist was changed and people argued over which alterna-indie-nonpop-heavy metal-emo-dance music was most boss, Kia caught hold of Jor's wrists and leaned forward to say, "Hey, I'm curious about something...and I'm sorry if it's rude, I've never met other mutants before coming here. Is it okay to ask about other people's powers?"

Sonja turned a corner and saw the familiar - if rarely seen - powerchair ahead of her, leaving the school-sponsored party. She caught up with a couple of quick, click-clacking steps, then slowed down to a matching pace, glancing in the common room in passing.

"Hi, Josh, not having fun at the school party?" Sonja asked with faint grin and tone to voice that suggested this was only reasonable. "If you don't mind lots of students, of varying levels of drunkeness from completely dry to drooling on the floor, you're free to join me at the real party, if you want." Sonja gave him a quick appraisal, then added, "You'll need a coat, which way to your room?"

Sonja walked with Josh to his room, waiting outside for him to get a coat, then led him outside down the mostly clear lake path. She only needed to give him a little help, a light push, when his wheels starting spinning in some slush and again up the ramp to the deck of the lakehouse, since it hadn't been cleared of snow.

"Here we go, Josh, the real party," Sonja boasted, holding the door open for him. "I'll be right back, I just wanna check up on someone. You want a drink or anythin'? We have non-alcoholic ones too."

Just barely waiting for Josh's answer, she gave him a nod, then worked her way through the crowd back to the dance floor, to see if Morri was still doing alright.

In the meantime, Aradia had taken Morri's hand and led her over to the table with food and drinks. Unlike Sonja, Aradia gave careful consideration to the idea of giving alcohol to Morri just yet, but relented by pulling out a Smirnoff Ice instead of anything with much substance. She seemed to be thirsty and she could drink that without it affecting her in the way that any of the hard stuff might, and it would get her used to it a little. She twisted off the cap to Morri and handed it to her.

"Here - try this, it won't burn like the other one, it's pretty sweet! And if you want some food, go for it, okay?"

After setting down his crates of alky and helping get them unloaded, Kazuo had sorted through the available selection and had immediately settled on a bottle of Schneider's Weizen Eisbock. Kazuo'd been a little surprised to find it, honestly, as it was pretty high class as far as beers went. But there it was, and since he kind of doubted he was gonna find any Saki or Japanese microbrews in any of the crates he figured an eisbock was about as good a choice as a beer-man like him was gonna find.

Kazuo had just popped the cap and taken his first sip when he noticed his roomy and whastername - oh right, Ari (Cirque) - standing nearby. Hmmm, now that he thought about it, now was as good a time as any to line up for some more punishment from the 'acrobatic', leopard-clad minx.

He ambled over to the two young ladies, raising his beer in salute as he approached. "Wassup, Ari? Hey Mor-ree", said Kazuo (who tended to put emphasis on the last syllable of Morri's name, rather than the first ), "wutsamatter? You look like you never drank before."

Originally Posted By: Procyon

"Ladies." Alex nodded to the girls, making eye contact with a friendly sweep of his gaze and smiling with a confidence he didn't feel. That sapphire-blue gaze fixed on Violet's face. "I was wondering: could I could steal you for a dance or three?" he offered, feeling silly at how proud he was not to be trembling. This was different from the previous random encounter which folded into a lunch date. How, Alex couldn't quite say at the moment. His brain was too involved closely with making sure he didn't appear to be the hind end of an ass to get sidetracked with courtship semantics.

"As long as you promise to give me back," Violet answered quickly, her eyes lighting up in more ways than one as she turned instinctively toward the radiance of the solar-powered young mutant. Gazing up into those depthless blue eyes, she had an idea what flying must feel like: a sort of giddy weightlessness that sent everything topsy-turvy and stole the breath from your lips. Was it possible that he'd actually gotten better-looking since the last time she'd seen him? It just didn't seem fair. How were girls supposed to be coherent around him when he looked like that? (The fact that she had the same effect on others, and cheerfully capitalized on it from time to time, was utterly lost on her.)

No, no. This is not working at all. I need a strategy. Okay. So, he's hot- Wait. Okay, so he's really hot. I can deal with that. I'll just think of a way to distract myself. Sonja's fucking gorgeous, and I don't gawk at her, right? Right! Hey, that might work. I can just pretend he's Sonja. ...But then how do I know where to put my hands? Damn it! The image of Alex sporting massive sweater-stretching breasts appeared unbidden in her mind's eye, and it was enough to make her eyes go wide and her lips purse with suppressed laughter. Bad idea, bad idea! Okay, I won't think about Sonja. I'll just concentrate on the dancing, so I don't stumble over my own f- And stop staring!

Obediently, Violet dropped her eyes, the hint of a smile still playing about her lips. She took one last draught of amber liquid from the glass cradled in her hand and followed Alex out to the floor. She could feel the eyes of her friends on her back, and didn't have to actually hear them to know they'd be giggling at her star-struck expression. There'd be plenty of time for dishing later, though, after the party. Right now, she needed to give them something to gossip about.

Sonja made it back to the food and drink table, her nearly six and a half foot height - with her heels - cutting through the crowd easily. She gave Ari and Morri a friendly smile, tinged with contriteness, Kazuo getting a self-conscious shrug.

"I don't think she did, and I started her on some of the strong stuff. Sorry Morri," Sonja apologized again, laying a hand on her shoulder. "I was thinkin' about somethin' else, and - no excuses. I hope I didn't lose your trust Morri."

Sonja chowed down a wedge of cheese, then grabbed what Josh had asked for and a Smirnoff Ice for ferself. "I'll be back in a few, Ari, jus' gonna bring Josh his drink and chat with him a bit. I'm hopin' some of the others will then talk with'im. Kaz." She gave the scarred Asian a nod, then headed back through the party.

"Here ya go, Josh," Sonja said, handing him his drink. Sonja looked over the rest of the party, noticing a boy she didn't know hovering near the entrance. He seemed to be made of shiny black glass. She tapped him on the shoulder, her trimmed nails ringing off his flesh.

"Hi, I don't think I've seen you before at LHA. I'm Sonja," the tall, intensely gorgeous teenaged amazon offered, "and this is Josh. New here at Mutant High?"

Tonight was an interesting night for the wild young mutant. Regret and guilt - both very foreign emotions for Morri - rippled through her being even as Sonja assured her that the mess from earlier was forgotten and forgiven. Somehow, it was worse when Sonja stated that it was her fault. She didn't want to make her friend mad, so Morri pretended to drink the drink that Cirque had pressed into her hand. Even the slightest of taste of the residue from her lips had her wanting to scrunch up her nose and spit again. She restrained herself, for Sonja.

When her big friend wandered off, Morri deflated a little. Didn't she want to dance more? Maybe she didn't want to dance with Morri anymore.

Before Morri delved too deeply into that particular emotional morass, her roommate strolled over. She gave Kazuo a dazzling smile when he asked her about alcohol. "Alcohol bad," she said quickly, but her real delight clearly stemmed from her next statement. "Dance good!"

The song changed again, and the red-eyed feral turned toward the only other person in the room whom she had a real rapport with. "Dance!" she insisted enthusiastically to Kazuo and took his hand, much like Sonja had done to her. She really wanted to dance more, because she liked it. And it was the perfect excuse to put her drink down with no insult to Sonja or Cirque - she hoped.

"I make no promises about giving you back." Alex told the vision, unable to keep the smile from his lips at how fast Violet had accepted, how eager she seemed to dance with him. It's not just me. That's heartening. "None whatsoever." he confirmed with a slight wink for her friends before taking her hand in his. Her fingers felt slender, yet her return clasp on his hand was far from ambivalent as he led her onto the dance floor. Right. Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to NOT screw up or trip over your own feet.

If I Was A Rich Girl. was up on the speakers, the bass line pounding through the floor like the heartbeat of the party itself. Alex and Violet joined that beat, the lambently-handsome youth leading the heartbreakingly-lovely young woman straight for the center of the crush before turning towards her with a smile, the look in his eyes warmer than his aura as they met hers. For a moment they just looked at each other, then smiled and began to move together.

Alex found dancing with Violet to be some of the most fun he'd had since... well, ever. She was light on her feet, her lustrous purple hair shifting with the graceful energy of her movements. He orbited her, she orbited him as the press of dancers gave way to the pair, giving them the eye of the storm. His confidence growing, he began to step up the dance some, letting his hands come to rest on her waist as they danced closer. She smiled up at him, shyness giving way to abandon as she lifted her arms and spun under his hands so that her back was to him, the sweet vanilla scent of her hair wafting to his senses as the warmth of his coruscating golden mantle brushed her bare shoulders.

I could get used to this. Alex thought to himself with a grin.

Josh accepted the root beer that Sonja had gotten him, and rolled up to the door. The music was way too loud, was way too hard, and most of the boat house floor was occupied by bodies writhing to the music. The only two areas that didn't seem to be dance only was a smokey corner in the back and the area by the door where the refreshments were. And while Josh was fairly certain that he'd be below the level of smoke, he really didn't relish the idea of having to get that smell out of his clothes.

So he stuck close to the main door. He rolled up to the table, nursing the root beer, and tried to see if anyone besides Sonja would take the initiative and talk to him... hopefully...

Alek turned around and looked up at the gorgeous mutant before him. Boy did i get the raw end of the mutant sweepstakes... Say something, jackass. He smiled a bit and nodded, "I'm new here for this semester. I'm Alekanedero Kahue. But you can call me Alek." He looked over at Josh and extended a hand toward him. "Nice to meet you, too. Looks like this is the place to be tonight. Hopefully, it won't be too bad." Alek sighed and looked around the room, noticing all the people dancing and mingling.

He looked around, then back up at the amazonian beauty before him, "Excuse me, but i'm gonna go grab a drink. Do you want anything?"

Kazuo offered Sonja a half-smirk, half-smile when she returned and gave him the 'self-conscious shrug'.

The girl looked like she'd sprouted another couple of inches - and not just in the heels - since Kazuo'd last seen her... which was about ten minutes ago. It was like the girl had a cocktail of Miracle Gro and Viagra for blood or something. Maybe that was her mutation? Which, if it was, then Kazuo thought that was the most fucking awesome mutation ever!

He watched her as she left and then looked back to Aradia and Morri. "She is totally into me", he said, with the kind of self-confidence that no seventeen year old male has any right to. "Too bad she's not my type." Then he took another swig of his eisbock.

How in the hell did this guy manage to make being such a cocky, arrogant asshole look so damn cool? It just wasn't right! There should be laws against this kind of thing...

Unfortunately, Kazuo didn't have time to ruin the mystique he currently had going for him - as he undoubtedly would have - because Morri chose that exact moment to answer his question, in the process giving him the kind of smile that made him forget entirely what he'd just been talking about. This was because - as any guy will tell you: Girls are Awesome!

"Uh... yeah, dancing's great", Kazuo muttered, still trying to figure out what his semi-homicidal roommate was going on about, his good eye flicking back and forth between her and Ari uncertainly. "I guess..."

"Dance!", Morri insisted, and grabbed his hand, dragging him out onto the dance floor once again.

"Huh? Hey! Careful, girl, ya don't hafta tear my arm off, yanno?!" Despite his protests, Kazuo followed her along willingly enough, and there was a smile on his lips as well.

Even so, he turned to look back at Aradia as he was dragged along and, with a mischievous grin, hollered out over the music, "Oi! Don't be jealous, alright?! Yer turn's comin' soon, I promise!!"

Once out on the dance floor, Kazuo started moving to the beats of Rich Girl (Harijuku girls, my ass!) with all of the casual confidence of a longtime partier. Unlike - it seemed - virtually every other student at Mutant High ( wink ), Kazuo hadn't managed to master the age old craft of Sexy Dancing in between classes and being a fucking teenager, and so possessed no real skill at it. In its place however, he did have confidence, grace, and lots of late nights and early mornings on the dance floors of clubs throughout Tokyo to teach him how not to lose the beat while movin' to it.

Somehow Kazuo even made a little bit of shufflin' of the feet and shoulders and some swivel action around the waste look pretty damned cool. What a fuckin' jerk...

Jor very nearly gawked as Kia literally let her hair down. Damn the girl was cute. It took him just a second for his brain to process the question, "Uh, yeah, it's cool. I don't mind a bit. I can control my density, at least I can make myself more solid." He quickly turned himself into black metal and back again.

He made a mock scowl, "Make any comments about me becoming 'dense' and I'll turn you over my knee!" The scowl broke into a grin as he shifted his movements to match the new beat and made a pantomime of licking his hand and smacking some booty in perfect rhythm to the song. "What about you? What's your special thing?"

Jamie grinned at Ren and stepped closer to him, body nearly pressed against his. "If I recall correctly," she said dryly, "there's one area where your people skills serve you well." And she leaned forward, kissing him deeply and, it must be said, rather more passionately than one would have expected from her. One of her hands crept over his shoulder, fingers burying themselves in his hair, and her tongue tentatively probed at his mouth.

By the time Warren had returned with Alex, Kazoo and some others returned with the drinks his unofficial 'date' had already gone in where it was warm. The part was still full of a bunch of people that Warren didn't care to get to know, but somehow kept finding himself meeting.

She totally thinks I bolted... she totally thinks I bolted on her. Damn Alex, can you screw up the timing any better? And why are you even talking to me in public? Note to self, thrash Alex.

The air was stating to get warm as more and more bodies gathered into the boat house and it stood to reason if there was anybody they didn't invite to this place. The young man sat back down beside Oneca who seemed to be observing the party silently. "Sorry about that." He said. "I told Violet I'd help her bring in the drinks once they arrived, didn't mean to bolt on ya like that. You, uh, want a drink? Something other than a root-beer? I'll go grab it, I don't mind."

Archived