Aberrant: Mutant High - Oil and Water [New Semester Mixer Fic]

z020

Daniel Nodded. "Any idea on How Sascha ended up on the floor? I'm pretty sure Glacia didn't do it." He looked to her questioningly, hoping she'd correct him so he could handle things if need be.

"There is another party, one that's considerably less boring than this one going on. Would you lke to join us?"

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Not sure what happened to Sascha, he was down before I got here I guess. I didn't notice him since I came in the other way. I didn't hear anything happening though and I would have as boring as this place is."

"Ren, he's not on the floor due to my actions, go talk to Curtis, apparently he called him a cheat, and Curtis lost his temper. I was trying to cool tempers off, but you know what.. if yoru going to think the worst, go ahead." Her tone was frigid and distainful, and with that, she turned her back on both of them, giving them the cold shoulder, as she walked over to Daniel. "I done here, let's go, Daniel."

As the two got ready to leave Jor looked at Ren and Jamie and shrugged as if to say 'I'm just following Daniel.'

He leaned a little closer to Daniel and said quietly, "I don't know Ren, but Jamie is pretty cool."

Kazuo wasn't real sure why blondie made such a big deal about him seeing Morri change clothes. Afterall, it was Morri they were talking about. The girl had no self-consciousness at all, and had never so much as implied that Kazuo should leave the room while when she changed clothing. Which was fine with Kazuo; he had no self-consciousness either, and didn't give a damn if she saw him change.

But whatever... He waited with growing impatience while the two ladies pruned and preened in the bathroom, though he did have to suppress a few chuckles at the conversation he was overhearing.

When blondie finally burst out the bathroom, Kazuo almost didn't notice when Morri failed to materialize as promised because he was too busy taking the opportunity to drink in the tall blonde's heavenly curves. Damn she was hot!

But then Sonja hauled Morri out of the bathroom and Kazuo actually forgot all about "Barbie" for a moment.

"God damn, Kujo!", he exclaimed with a look that was both surprised and pleased, "You clean up real fuckin' nice!"

"Go choke on a fucking snowcone th--wait, Curtis?!" Ren shot up like a spring. His angry glare immediately transfered itself from Glacia's back to where Curtis stood in the corner of the room.

"Oh. You little fucksquirt," Ren started, despite the fact that Curtis stood every bit as tall as he did, and likely outweighed him by at least ten pounds. "You? You fucking did this to Sasha? I'm so going to smash your fucking face i--" Ren stopped after just one step, finding that Jamie still held his arm.

He turned to her, his jaw trembling with anticipation, his hands shaking. "Jamie. I need to beat this fucking kid like a retard beats a drum." Ren implored his date.

Jor raised an eyebrow at Daniel, "You sure you want to go now, we could stick and check out the fun first." Not that Jor really wanted to watch someone get beat up but it was entertainment. On the other hand it was fun that someone else was having where a party would be fun he could have himself. "Never mind. Lead the way when you are ready."

Jamie looked at Sasha. At Curtis. At Ren. She tightened her grip on Ren's arm, massaging his upper arm through the fabric of his shirt. "Calm down," she said softly and soothingly, desperately grasping for some control over this situation before it escalated. "Just hold off a second," she said urgently, drawing on her latent reserves of feminine trickery. "Please?"

She looked back at Curtis. "Okay," she said in her calmest voice (albeit still a croaky one), "I don't know what's going on and I think you probably do, Curt. So before this turns into a fight and you both get tethered for weeks, why don't you explain what happened to Sasha?"

Curtis scowled and walked off. "Ask Glacia. I'm in the mood for any more of this." He turned and regarded Ren with a look of contempt. "Of course if Ren thinks he could win, he should take a closer look at how many brain cells die in his head each day."

Ren's glare told him that he had to go forward with it. He shot forward and snapped his foot around, hooking Ren off his feet. The other boy crashed to the floor, stunned.

Click to reveal..

(17:24:56) (Curtis): so: Curtis is going to Sweep Ren's legs out from under him.

(17:25:01) ChatBot: (Curtis) rolls 6d10 and gets 1,10,10,10,3,4.

(17:24:56) (Curtis): so: Curtis is going to Sweep Ren's legs out from under him.

(17:25:01) ChatBot: (Curtis) rolls 6d10 and gets 1,10,10,10,3,4.

Damage:

(17:26:59) ChatBot: (Curtis) rolls 4d10 and gets 6,8,4,3.

(17:27:40) ChatBot: (Ren) rolls 6d10 and gets 3,5,3,8,7,4.

(17:27:49) (Ren): 2 suxx on not falling.

Ren is knocked down.

Morri put up with the taller girl fussing over her. Eileen had done the same when she’d bought clothes for her. Eileen had given her much fuller clothing, though, things that covered her arms and legs. The things that Sonja had put on her covered much less of her skin. This didn’t bother Morri. Eileen had been very specific about what had to be covered, and these clothes did that. They walked a fine line between covering and not covering, but they were ‘decent’. Eileen favored decent clothing; she’d very purposefully garbed Morri in clothing better suited for a grandmother than a teen. Granny undies and bras that supported rather than displayed, along with full-sleeved sweaters and jeans had been what her closet had been full of until now.

The young mutant’s hair had been pulled into a simple tie back that left her face mostly bare, save for a few cute strands that had been pulled loose. Sonja had elected to show off Morri’s legs with a short black skirt. Her calves were accented by the five-inch knee-high black boots that were the only acceptable heels in winter in upstate New York. Morri walked in them easily, transferring her weight to the balls of her feet to avoid falling over. She didn’t understand why Sonja was asking this of her, but then she didn’t understand most things. That was one thing that was oddly comforting about her roommate, despite his tendency to lie about weapons; he rarely confused her. He didn’t care if she slept under her bed, and he’d cleaned up after her when she’d broken her computer. He never acted like she had to be anything other than what she was. But when she tried to do other things, he often would help her, even if it was with an exasperated sigh. In an odd way, he was the best kind of roommate she could have.

Her roommate was now marveling at cleavage that Sonja had found on the young feral. The red top complimented her eyes, as well as exposing a bit of midriff for Kazuo’s roving eye. Now, Morri was confused by her roommate’s reaction to her. He was looking at her differently, and like the other day with Alex, it made her nervous. She wasn’t sure what to feel; she wanted to run away, but she wouldn’t run from Kazuo. She sensed that this wasn’t a situation that called for knifing either. So she stood awkwardly, her hands behind her back, clasping each other. That only thrust out her chest and made the display that had started this all more apparent, not that she was aware. She looked up at Sonja and said, “Go now?” There was a note of pleading in her voice that Sonja hadn’t heard before.

"She does clean up nice, doesn't she?" Sonja marveled, unintentionally agreeing with Morri's rude room-mate. I do good work. Sonja was actually a little jealous - she was too tall to wear her high heeled boots without completely looming. She had to smile at the way she was thrusting out her chest though - lots of other girls did that around her, but Morri was the only one who didn't seem to be trying to compete with her.

"Yes, Morri, we can go now. Get you coat, we have a bit of a walk outside." Her lips were still curved when she glanced at Kazuo, though he was sure she hadn't intended for that. "You kept your end of the deal, Kazuo, so you can come too. I assume this is a dressed up as you get?"

Sonja slipped on her long coat, but didn't bother closing it. "We have someone else to pick up on the way."

Aradia was bent over a table, fidgeting with the laptop that was open and keyed to some wireless speakers hanging around the room - probably something one of the nerdier people at the school had owned and been willing to loan in exchange for an invitation tonight. She glanced up from what she was doing when the door opened, and flashed them both a grin.

"Hey guys, hey Alex - just a sec, I was havin' a little fun with the playlist."

She clicked and dragged a few more things into the iTunes playlist, then glanced studiously at Ren and Oneca for a moment before glancing back down and double-clicking on something before dropping the iTunes list back down. A moment or two later, Cradle of Filth's "Nymphetamine Fix" started playing, and she glanced up and grinned.

"Gotta play to the crowd - this alright to start? I'm Aradia, by the way. Lemme guess - you're Oneca, right? And this is...?"

She held out a hand to either of them, flashing them both a friendly but relaxed smile.

Ren landed hard on his back with a grunt. He glared up at Curtis, mind racing. Shit. The geek can fight. He hadn't much counted on that...

"No! Stop!" Curtis heard Jamie shout. He saw his roommate swiftly turn and throw a rift right at Ren, and then watched his rival get sucked right into the glimmering red-ringed tear in reality...and vanish from his sight.

Everyone else in the room simply saw Ren stare hard at Curtis, his face flushed with an expression somewhere between furious outrage and incredulous embarassment.

Curtis stopped in shock as the illusion took hold. He turned to Jamie for a moment, but the scowl on his face disappeared into a slight twist of the face. Then, he shrugged.

"I guess I win by default. So much for kick my ass." He turned, and groaned. "Sorry bout that folks, I guess my right to be here is gone."

He strode out of the hall in a mixture of embarrassment and some triumph. At least he showed some balls, he told himself.

Jamie prepared herself to dive in front of the dueling pair - and blinked. That was...beyond strange. Curtis was way too satisfied with getting Ren on the ground - it wasn't a definite end to anything. Obviously. She glanced at Ren...who was staring furiously at Curtis' back. And it wasn't in character for Ren to be so passive. A suspicion began to form in her mind. She turned a piercing look on her date, using his current horizontal position as a substitute for her lack of intimidating height. "Ren," she said slowly. "Did you do that?"

Jor blinked. It was over so fast and nothing was really resolved, and Curtis had just walked off with his opponent down? That was definitely against his nature from what Jor had seen. Something was going on here. He was still waiting for Hotstreak and Glacia to leave so he watched Ren to see his answer.

"I assume this is as dressed up as you get?", asked the blonde goddess who had deigned to grace Kazuo and Morri with her presence.

"You assumed wrong, bijin", Kazuo retorted, a sly quirk of his mouth telling her he was amused rather than offended by her assumptions. And with that, he yanked open his closet door and pulled out a fairly nice (not 'nice' as in 'expensive', just 'nice' as in 'would look good on him') pair of black slacks, a white button-up, long-sleeved collared shirt, and a silk tie with of a rich burgundy hue (or at least, it looked silk-ish - it was hard to imagine someone like Kazuo having the money for anything really nice).

As soon as he had all of the elements of his outfit for the night laid out, Kazuo started stripping off clothes, without even a hint of embarrassment that Sonja and Morri were right there in the room with him, or any indication that he wanted either of them to leave. His t-shirt came off first, revealing a taut and toned torso full of defined musles that rippled as he moved in a way that would have been oh-so-pleasant on a woman's eyes were it not for the fact that he had at least a dozen nasty scars marring his flesh. The next thing to go, obviously, were his pants, which he stripped off in one quick motion, revealing boxers that were unremarkable but clean (which is not something that should be taken for granted when dealing with teenaged boys).

As he grabbed the black slacks and started pulling them on, Kazuo muttered, "Sorry ta hold ya up. I'll be done here inna minute." By which point the slacks were on and he was reaching for the shirt. As he buttoned up and tucked in the shirt, Kazuo turned to fully face the two young women in his room, and Sonja saw that his torso was even more badly scarred than she had at first thought. In particular, two scars stood out a few inches above his heart because both of them looked like bullet wounds. It was a shame too, because after seeing (almost) everything that Kazuo Kanai had to offer physically, it was obvious that underneath all those scars he had once been an extremely good looking young man. Those looks were still there, but they were now buried under a layer of scar tissue that was hard to ignore.

However, the ladies did not have very long to look and stare (assuming either of them actually did look), because in remarkably short order Kazuo had himself fully dressed, and just needed to finish up with his tie. The tie he left partially undone, with the top button of his shirt left open beneath it.

Once all that was taken care of, he grabbed a fairly straightforward, but still classy-looking dark gray jacket out of his closet and started shoving his arms into the sleeves.

Kazuo smiled at Sonja and Morri and said, "so, what're we standing around for? Let's go!"

Sonja nonchalantly keep her gaze looking pass the stripping Kazuo, but she couldn't help but notice the muscles sliding beneath his scarred flesh. Too bad, the scars are a bit much. Knife indeed! It looks like he lost a fight with a woodchipper armed with a magnum.

'Morri's not the only who cleans up... Nice might be too strong a word, but it'll do." Sonja's lips had a mocking edge to them, but Kazuo could see her deep indigo eyes brighten in surprise. She gave him a nod, then led the way out. "Right, and off we go. Got one more person to pick up on the way."

Sonja strutted down the hall like a silver-haired tigress, her strides smooth and full of restrained power, peering over s shoulder with a grin to make sure the other two were following. Then she pulled out her shiny black iPhone and scrolled down to one of the newest numbers inputted.

"Kia, hi! It's Sonja, you're not at the lame party, are you? No? Great! Get dressed up, and I'll be there in a minute to take you to the real party. Ciao."

Ren pulled himself up off the ground with an air of bruised dignity. He was still staring after the departed Curtis as he shrugged his suit jacket up and gave it a swift sharp tug that snapped it back into place.

"Do what?" He scowled murderously. "I haven't done shit. Yet. Fuck."

And then Ren raked a still trembling hand over the fuzz of his hair. "Take a fucking picture," he told Jor. "it'll last longer."

He cast a side-long glance at Jamie, gave a short snort and concluded "Well. That sucked ass." As his blush deepened, a thought struck him and he hastened to ask the girl, "Why'd you call him Curt?"

Jor raised an eyebrow. "Probably would have if I had a camera. That shit goes over big on youtube. Probably have a hundred hits in the first hour."

He smiled at Ren and Jamie but turned to look at the hot and cold twins. "I'm ready if you are, lets blow this place."

Hikialani closed her phone and felt a frantic energy tugging her to her dresser drawers. What should she wear?! What did you wear to a mutant party? What were the school rules? She didn't really have anything conservative besides her sweater and winter coat. But then again, from things she'd seen other kids wearing, the dress code here wasn't exactly prep.

She started out with a knit cap her mom had given her as a going-away present. A white top, a band of yellow in the middle, and a band of red around the hem. Kia thought she would look like a lit candle wearing it, but it actually looked rather cute.

Briefly she experimented with an adorable two piece floral print sarong she'd brought...but decided it was a bit too 'LOOK, I'M HAWAIIAN' and not really suited to the occasion. Instead she tried a lavender sleeveless top that showed some belly but was roomy enough not to accentuate the fact that her chest looked like a 12 year old's. From there a nice dark blue skirt finished things off. Well, and her good blue sneakers of course.

Kia fussed with just a little eye shadow and lipstick then, and hurriedly got into her parka and ran happily down to meet Sonja...then to head to the party!

Oneca gave Ari a 'nice try, but not quite' look. "I'm more of a Xandria fan myself. Got any of that you could queue up for later?"

She took Ari's hand an shook, saying, "Yeah, I'm Oneca. My reputation already getting around, or is Barbie helping it along?"

There wasn't malice in her tone, though it could have been simmering just below the surface for anyone that knew how she and her sister got along. She glanced around the lakehouse, nodding in appreciation of decorations not also normal found in icing and hospital gifts. "Nice to know this place isn't totally lame. I was afraid the whole night was going to be waste of watching losers pick fights with each other and little kids argue over playing the Xbox or the PS3."

Sonja was about to head up the stairs when she saw the petite Kia running down. Sonja's grin grew wide with fondness. She's just -so- cute! Why couldn't 'Neca have been like this?

"There you are Kia! You are just adorable!" Sonja took her by the hand and pulled into the rest of the group. "Kia, Kaz. Kaz, Kia, be nice... Or at least try. Come on, let's get to the party!"

Sonja headed out into the chill winter air, took at deep breath of the fresh air, them led them down the lake path, on the way to the lakehouse.

Warren really didn't know how to respond to Oneca taking his arm and leading him. His experience with women was about less than average for a 16 year old boy, so he just wen twith it and tried not to trip on her dress.

Why me? Hell, Pretty Boy'd make a better decoration than I would. He sighed inwardly. Ah, well. At least I can enjoy it while it lasts.

And indeed, he did. There was something about the feeling of knowing she was there that left Warren with a lot of interesting things to think about in that vacuous chamber he called a mind.

Warren tried to hide the grin. Aradia was quite bubbly compared to some of the other personalities he'd met so far and certainly wasn't lacking in beauty either. There was a certain something about her, aside from her eyes she seemed 'real'. Just an incredibly hot girl being herself in an outfit that seemed designed to drop any teen-aged boy on his ass. Wow... He thought as he looked at the exotically beautiful woman on his arm and now the one in front of him. This school really isn't that bad, now that I look at it...

"Revenant." Again he used the name he chose at his rebirth.

"I'm going to have to agree with... Oneca?" He tried out her name, to see how it rolled off the tongue. An Italian Goddess, and 'Fire'... His mind wondered if they'd already chosen monikers for their new lives. "The Commons party sucked in ways not worth mentioning. Cradle of Filth though. Not bad."

Morri noted Kia's inclusion silently, offering nothing to the smaller islander, good or bad. Neutrality was a good thing with the hot-triggered mutant.

Kia and Sonja walked together, which left Morri next to Kazuo. Aside from the simple fact that she was probably the only one who could stand him, that weird moment in the room was gone again and he was just Kazuo. Her memory for events that bothered her could be a touch selective. More accurately, her focus tended to be on the 'here and now' with the past only rearing its ugly head when it mattered to the now. For now, her roommate wasn't being weird, so it was alright.

Morri snuggled deeper into her coat, wishing it went past her waist. Her legs were freezing and she was glad to see the warm light of the boathouse. It had to be warmer in there. Still, she kept her pace even, not pushing herself ahead of them and dashing to the party. The music coming from it was obnoxiously loud to her, but it was still a haven against the cold.

Kia and Sonja were first in and greeted by calls from the people they knew. Morri and Kazuo received fewer calls and more nervous looks, especially from those students who knew Revenant was here already.

That was forgotten when Morri peeled off her jacket and the student body saw what Kazuo had seen. The feral felt the stares as she folded her coat over her arm; she glanced around the loud room, anxiously noting the people staring at her. Again, the feelings the roiled through her were unknown and confused Morri. Running was an option, but she didn't want to be seen fleeing, as that would make them chase her. The thought of all of these mutants running her down scared her. She couldn't fight them all, either.

With deceptive casualness, she took a step backwards, hiding behind her roommate. She didn't look like she was hiding, but no one just stepped behind someone else like that.

"Nice to finally meet you, Rev. Welcome to Mutant High, and all that."

She glanced at Oneca and shrugged a little, motioning to the laptop with a smile.

"I've heard a little, but nothing I'll hold against you - if you don't hold being your sister's roommate against me. You might wanna hit the playlist and see what's there - I confess to liking a little bit of most music types, and not really being crazy into one thing or another. But there's a pretty good variety on there, so if you want to mess around with it before too many people get there, have at it. Might be better stuff that I don't recognize."

She glanced back at Rev and had just started talking as the door opened up and more people started to roll in.

"Yeah, the parties they throw here suck pretty bad, but - oh, hey guys, c'mon in, party's starting to get going. More new people, huh? Big crowd this semester, Drumm must be cranking up the recruiting efforts."

"Yeah, nice little army he's made for himself?" Warren said to Ari about Drumm's recruiting hike., looking like ninjas might spring from the shadows and attack. He saw Morri, Kazuo, Sonja and Kia walk in. Wow. Even the tard has a rack I could set a drink on. Blondie, alright. What a bod. Kazoo... and some one else, don't know her.

Where do these girls shop?

Kazuo followed along amiably enough as Sonja led the way to the "cool party", whatever the fuck that entailed. He didn't really give much of a damn, because he already knew it was going to have at least three pretty damn hot babes attending. Aside from a shitload of booze, there wasn't much else needed to make a good party, and even that was really kind of a secondary concern when you're talking about girls this hot.

Shit, even his raised-by-wolves roommate was making him look at her in a whole new light.

Kazuo wasn't especially fond of the music he could hear blaring out of the lakehouse as they approached, but what the hell? This was America he was in, after all.

As they stepped inside, Kazuo's roving eye immediately began taking in the guests in attendance, appreciatively noting all of the super-hot girls in attendance. Yep, this was definitely the "cool party". But there was one thing he immediately noticed was missing...

"Oy!", he exclaimed, looking to Sonja in hopes of getting an answer he liked, "Where's the booze?! I thought this was the 'cool party', neh? So where's the hell's the alcohol?"

Before Sonja could provide an answer, Morri suddenly scooted behind him and kind of half-heartedly pressed herself against his back. Which was weird. No weirder than any of the other stuff that his roommate did in any given day - but weird, nonetheless.

Kazuo just sort of glanced at her over his shoulder, and then looked back at Sonja and Kia with a look that pretty much said, Um... Insensitive guy here, and I have no fucking clue what's going on right now, and it's making me nervous. Could someone please peel my roommate off of me now?

Yeah, that is a lot to say with one look, but this is Kazuo Kanai we're talkin' about here! He can do these sorts of things, ok?! Shit.

Ari's lips twitched, and she gestured to the ice buckets scattered through the room. Some of them had sodas but some just had ice and looked like they were waiting to be filled.

"Hold your horses, Pacino. Booze is on the way. We've got soda for now if you just traveled the Sahara, though."

She turned back to the rest of the new guests, and flashed Sonja a grin.

"So you gonna introduce me, or what?"

Revenant reached over and touched the hand she had wrapped under his arm. He was uncomfortable around all these people and it was slightly obvious. He wasn't the partier that Kazuo seemed to be, loud and boisterous, demanding his alcohol.

Despite the reputation he'd build in the past several days as a bully and fighter he certainly didn't seem loud or violent to the ladies he was speaking with. In fact, he seemed rather shy or uneasy.

"Um, you want a drink, or something?" He asked Oneca, learning all he knew of social graces from day time T.V. and H.B.O.. Aradia became more occupied with the new arrivals than him and Oneca now, which was sort of a small blessing, since she seemed like the kind of outspoken person that could run circles around him in a talk.

He wasn't quite sure how he was able to talk to people like Violet, or Oneca when it was just them, but the moment others arrived a tight knot twisted in his gut.

Sonja waved at and greeted the friends she saw who were already at the party, then turned to see how Morri would take the attention. Her smile wavered slightly as she watched Morri hide behind Kazuo, though she was still amused by the obvious admiration that the feral girl garnered. At least she didn't run away or gloop out her blood-knives.

She was about to answer Kazuo's complaint about the booze when Aradia did it for her. "Like Ari said, Kaz, V always delivers. We still have to pretend the faculty don't know what we're doing, right?"

"Ari, of course I'll introduce ya. Meet Kazuo - I say that right? - he's probably meaner than he looks. The adorable, little freshman is Hikialani - Kia - and this stunning woman," Sonja said, stepping behind Kazuo and putting an arm around the last girl to be introduced, urging her from hiding behind her room-mate, "is Morri - very new to the whole school experience. People too, I think. Say hello."

"Guys, this is Aradia McConnell, my room-mate and acrobat extraordinaire. She really did perform in a circus, ya'know. A..." Sonja trailed off as she glanced over Ari's head, noticing a figure dressed in a dark, corseted gown, growing tense. She barely noted the leather jacket clad boy standing next to her.

"I see you already met Sis." Sonja said quietly, a curious lack of inflection to her voice, making it impossible to discern if she thought that was a good thing or not.

An irritated look flashed over Oneca's expression, but after a moment of panic Rev could see that it was directed at the newcomers, not him. She squeezed his hand back and flashed him a smile for not immediately ditching her for the beautiful people that had just walked in. "Yeah, sure. Thanks."

Damn. I came out of this whole mutant thing looking like a model, and I'm still the ugly girl in the room. Typical.

She glance up at Rev as they fished a few cans out of the ice. "Wanna grab a seat? Or are you up for the mutant meet-and-greet?" Her tone showed her preference for the former but her willingness to do the latter if it meant not being alone. Nothing makes you feel more like a loser than being alone in a room full of people.

"Nah," He said, looking at Oneca and actually managing to keep his eyes on her with little effort this time. "I mean what's o know about them?" He pointed to Sonja. "She's an athlete, sure she's incredibly hot, I'll give her that, but come on, so is everyone else in this room. Some, more than others, personally I think black is incredibly appealing, which makes us the hottest in the room."

He pointed to Morri. "She's a retard, or a feral. Can't tell which yet. I've only known one other one, and he wasn't a very stable guy. Again, really hot, but she's wearing it like she's not comfortable in it. Why show up as anything but who you are? Y'know?"

Kazuo was next. "And him? Hell of a head butt. Good scrapper, English is shitty. Moving on."

Kia met his glare next. "I've no clue who that is but she looks like she's on loan from the Disney Store, so we might have to be careful with her."

He sighed and gave her a slight grin. "Look, I'm not really good around a lot of people. Meeting you was kind of fortunate, I didn't really expect to end up with Sunshine popping in on us." He took a drink. "Seriously, I'm cool with just finding a place to bullshit til we can't stand each other anymore, hell, if they want to meet us so bad, they can come to us. Until them, fuck 'em."

Kia gave the room a wave, not quite sure who she wanted to meet first. She settled on the apparent 'hostess' of the event, Aradia.

Adorable little freshman, but not a 'woman' like Morri, she thought a little unhappily. I knew I should have grown my boobs a little before coming out here. Oh well.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." She offered her hand. "How come the party's in here instead of in the regular building?"

Taking hold of Glacia's hand he spared on look for Jamie, and sighed. "Despite your date telling me to fuck off twice in as many minutes, the party's really for alot of you new people. You can both come and follow us if you want, just follow the melted snow trail."

He led Glacia and Jor from the room, and out to the lakehouse. Pleasantly suprised to see so many already there, he forgot about the asshattery he'd just witnessed.

He walked up and tapped Alex and the shoulder. "You're up, though you might be able to wait abit. I don't think Curtis will be joining us, though Ren and Jamie might."

Curiously absent were the effects of Glacia's cold and his Heat, or rather the proximity of the two of them to each other canceled out the effects for the most part.

Diana was much happier once Daniel took her hand in his, and they walked down to the lakehouse. Mostly because she had decided now that both Ren and Curtis were jerks, and she didn't want to be around them anymore.

Not to mention, folks didn't try to avoid her when Daniel was around, or this close to her. Of course, come the hot summer months, the situation was reversed, but that was a different story.

"So, Daniel, what's the plan tonight?"

The Disney comment got a snort, though the girl seemed familiar somehow. She popped the can open while he rattled off the rest, only half-listening until he started talking about just grabbing seats somewhere.

Slowly, Oneca smiled. Just smiled. No self-depreciating quirk to the lips, no bitchy smirk. Sonja hadn't seen that smile in years, and her parents hadn't seen it since Saja died.

He's seen Barbie and the Barbette's and he's still around. Dunno know if it's just social anxiety or if he actually wants to hang out with me. You know what? I don't really care. For once, I'm not the one being ditched or compared like a rag doll to fine china.

"That's sounds....nice. I'm sure all the kids here are shining paragons of whatever, Sunshine literally, but...yeah. That sounds nice." She took a sip of her root beer and motioned around the room, that smile taking on her usual spark. "Got a favorite spot yet?"

Morri restrained the urge to grab Kazuo's jacket and hang on for dear life when Sonja pulled her out. She stared at the girl in front over her and wanted to put her jacket back on. She's inside, so jackets should stay off. She stared at Aradia, then looked past her to note everyone who was staring at her.

She didn't want to be here anymore, and her discomfort announced itself in her posture.

Kazuo took off his jacket as soon Sonja managed to peel Morri off of him, and hung it on the nearest… well, whatever looked hang-stuff-on-able. Preferably a coat rack, but he wasn’t picky.

When Aradia encouraged him to be patient and have faith in the imminent arrival of blessed alcohol, Kazuo had to smile and chuckle at her nickname for him. “Pacino, eh? Niiice. I like it."

After Sonja'd made her introductions, Kazuo took his interactions with Aradia a step further - being now armed with her name and all - and stuck out his hand to shake. "Pleased ta meetcha, Ari", he said taking her in with a quick scan of his eye. "I like yer skirt, by th'way. Leopard print rocks, but most folks can't pull it off, ya know?" He grinned and looked her over again. "But it's obvious you aint 'most folks'."

Right about then Kazuo seemed to realize he was rapidly approaching a critical level of cheesiness, though, so he serioussed up a bit (yeah, yeah, so the fuck what if that's not a word?!), and said, "So, you gotta cool nickname I can call ya by too - not that Ari aint a nice name or nothin' - or is that just a thing you do for everyone else?"

Right about then however, Kazuo noticed what was going on with Morri. He hadn't quite gotten around to liking his roommate on a personal level yet, but he did respect her, and he didn't like seeing someone he respected looking so obviously uncomfortable. He held up a hand and said to Aradia, "You know what? Hold that thought, bijin. There's just somethin' I gotta do real quick."

Kazuo walked over to stand to one side of Morri. He didn't look at her or greet her or make any pretense of being there to comfort her, he just walked over to stand next to her and stopped. Then, still scanning the room in pretty much the same way that she did, he said, "Quit yer poutin', girl, it's embarrassin'. If you can go toe to toe fer an hour with me, then you can handle bein' at a fuckin' party for th'night. So suck it up, and face the challenge, dammit." Having said as much, Kazuo walked off back to his conversation with Aradia.

Archived