z-The Morrigan

"I can help with that Sonja, but you do need to get off the ice. If I descend any further it will melt, and things will get bad."

Daniel smiled as he waited overhead, just out of melting range of the ice.

He then saw Jaime there and figured she had some sort of relocation ability.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything somehow passed too fast for Curtis. Before he could take a starled reaction, Morri and Sonja were gone. Then everyone else left, leaving Curtis alone.

Still in shock, he staggered into a sitting position. Vyse, who or whatever, was a topic obviously verboten. Assuming, Morri would talk to him again.

Ragged breaths came from his mouth. Why did something happen to those he was close to, or tried to get close to?

Kara had disappeared shortly after X-gene activation, his parents had sent him here for safety, and now Morri attempted to attack him.

He stayed there, in pain and sorrow.

Morri pulled against Sonja's arms gently, and the Amazon let her up. The red eyes stared at all the people, and Morri measured her own internal stability. She was aware that what she'd just done was bad by Eileen's world. She didn't feel why, or feel that in the moment. But afterward, she knew she'd just upset Eileen.

And when she was upset, it was easier to become more upset.

Morri turned and walked away, clearing the lake and heading up into the woods, where she could be alone. Where she could be calm; where she could avoid the so shell lies until she was in a better place.

Sonja stood up, watching Morri walk away by herself. She wanted to follow her, but thought it might be better if the girl had some time to herself - she was obviously not a people person. She wasn't going to give up on her, though.

A sudden draft pulled at her shredded clothes and Sonja shivered, grabbing at them before she could show off any more flesh - hopefully no one had pulled out a camera phone yet. At least the bleeding had stopped.

Sonja gave Jamie a grateful smile, "Yeah, that would be super." Running with her shirt barely holding on would be a disaster. As Sonja walked toward the edge of the ice, Hotstreak came down closer from overhead and she sighed in relief as she entered Daniel's aura of heat. She gave him a wave, cut short by what it was doing to the remnants of her clothing. "Thanks for the warmth, Dan."

Before she took take up Jamie's offer, Sonja noticed Oneca and Ren by the frozen shore. Oneca was walking around completely nonsensically, talking about totem poles or something, while it seemed like Ren was trying to stop her from walking out on the ice.

She held up a hand, asking Jamie to hold on a second, then stomped over to the two of them, one hand at her side, taking care of the worst of the damage to her sweater. She stood in front of them for a long moment, waiting to be acknowledged.

"Well?"

Ren saw her, his silly grin fading, then Sonja's frowning regard turned to her sister.

"What the hell, 'Neca?! Are you do drugs now? Did he give them to you?" She turned back to Ren, hands balling into fists, sweater slipping again. "Did you give her drugs?"

"Hey, no...no of course not. Um. Look. Kinda busy right now, Barbie. Playing pretend and shit." Ren answered.

"It's a uh," he glanced at Oneca, back at her amazonian sister. "A wicca thing. You wouldn't understand...you two know each other?"

Ren's eyes widened as he looked Sonja over. "Um. Barbie. Your boob's popping out." Ren murmured, sniffling and then clearing his throat.

He looked up at Hotstreak, scowled and turned his attention back to Sonja.

"You guys know each other?"

Back in the castle, Oneca heard not a word of this exchange. The bedchamber, the rose, nothing had changed.

Sonja grunted as Hotstreak mentioned the broken doors. Maybe these are mitigating circumstances, she thought, but didn't think that likely, but her gaze never left Ren.

Sonja's indigo eyes narrowed dangerously at the name, especially with her sister right there, then widened in shock as Ren pointed out her predictment. She looked down and her arms came up, crossing across her chest, a small 'eep!' passing her lips. Then she glared at him again.

"Do I know her? Not well, I'll admit, she's only my sister! So what are you doing?"

"She's your sister?" Ren gasped out.

He stared at Sonja, then at Oneca, then at Sonja again. "Um. This is totally not what it looks like," Ren explained as he led Oneca around in a short circle and then stopped.

He licked his lips, frowning, letting go of one of Oneca's hands so he could hold his palm out--as if that could keep Sonja at bay. "We're just...uh. We're larping. Yep. This is...she's totally cool with it. So..." by now some of the color had drained out of Ren's face, naturally tanned though he was. "just, you know, relax."

In desperation, he turned his head up to look at Hotstreak, quickly mouthed 'help', and then grinned lamely at Sonja.

"My sister," Sonja affirmed with a grim smile, "and she's only fifteen." She stepped closer, ignoring Ren's impeding palm. "I have no idea what the hell 'Larping' is, unless it's another word for being on a drug-fueled trip. Whatever. I can't prove you gave her something, but right now, she's coming with me."

She reached out with one arm to grab Oneca by the elbow, the other staying wrapped around her chest to preserve what little modesty she had left. "And I don't want you to talk to again. Ever! Jamie, that portal would be great right about now. 'Neca's coming with me."

Jor stood by following and had finally let himself return to normal, but now he was thinking maybe that had been just a bit hasty. For the moment he decided that keeping his mouth shut and going with the flow was the best answer.

Oneca raised the rose to her lips and sniffed it curiously, her lips twitching up into a an inquiring smile and she glanced up at him. "Hmn...rather perfect, Ren. Methinks perhaps a bit too perfect. What's the deal?"

She waved at the perfectly Gothic room, that mischievous grin still on her face, "It's nice, but a little much. A girl might think you're trying too hard."

If she could hear the others, or even knew they were there, she sure wasn't showing any sign of it; and she'd certainly not have passed up all the choice comments on her sister's state of dress of this point.

Jamie listened the the girl, Oneca, ramble on about God only knew what as she trailed her finger in the air. Space rippled. Then she drew her finger down, and spaced ripped. A jagged slit formed in the air, which expanded, revealing Sonja's dorm room on the other side. Jamie looked at Sonja and raised an eyebrow. "Can you get her through?"

"Aw come on...you're busting my balls." Ren griped, scowling unhappily.

"Alright, look..." he said as Sonja pulled Oneca away, the girl's hand slipping away from him. "hold on, just lemme bring her back."

Back in the castle Ren answered Oneca with a sheepish grin and then, a moment later, a heavy sigh. He rubbed the back of his stubbly head and then reached over to brush just his fingertip down the length of Oneca's arm. Even through the girl's clothes, she could feel the touch as if it'd been right on her skin, a ripple of warmth that spread right down to her toes.

"Guilty, I guess. Anyway...the cavalry's here, so I better let you get back to Kansas."

He parted from her with a look of reluctance...and as his hand dropped away from Oneca's arm, the castle vanished. Oneca found herself on the lakeshore, held by her sister, with Jamie standing next to a gaping tear in the sky, like a wound ripped into the air. Overhead another mutant was flying, radiating heat onto all of them. And off to the side, watching her being pulled away, stood Ren. He gave her a half-hearted little wave.

The lake, covered in a fine dusting of snow, bore no tracks where they had walked out to the castle...and the rose was gone from Oneca's hand.

Oneca rolled her eyes at Sonja, "Seriously? I mean, you can't even leave good enough alone for two hours? Gods, you're worse than Mom. I'm not some delicate flower maiden in need of saving."

She looked around the lake and sighed, then fixed Ren with a thoughtful gaze that that lasted just long enough to have him fidgeting under the scrutiny. She pulled away from her sister and walked up to him, leaning in to give him a kiss on the cheek. "Next time, get the rose for real. And ditch the key. It was cheesy."

She set off towards the dorms but stopped before she was more than a few steps away, that same dark smirk on her face that he'd first seen her with. "Oh, and Ren? If you do that again without my permission, I'll burn your balls to embers and roast marshmellows over them. Got it?"

Sonja's mouth dropped open. "He fuckin' drugged you or something, 'Neca!" She took a deep breath, suppressing the sibling anger - well, trying. "You know what, fine! I was only trying to help, don't cry to me when something worse happens."

Sonja strode angrily for the portal the Jamie opened, then stopped, seeing the prick's fist pump. Her hand lashed out, grabbing the fist in a tight grip, hissing a whispered threat. "Ever do whatever the fuck that was to me or my sister again, and you won't have any balls left to burn." Her hand tightened a fraction more, emphasizing her point succinctly.

With that, she stepped into the portal and out of view.

Jamie smiled at Jor. "It was nice meeting you, hon', but I am freezing." She gave a little wave and stepped through her portal after Sonja, not even bothering to glance at Ren or Oneca. Somehow, she thought it better to stay out of that bit of sibling disharmony. The portal closed behind her and she blinked, eyes adjusting. "Sorry to pop in," she said apologetically, "But I figured I might as well take the shortcut."

"AH-ow! Ff--" Ren waited until Sonja had stepped through the portal to let his breath out...

"--uck."

He wrung his hand in the air, then rubbed his aching fingers. "Christ, Barbie, you need to get laid." He murmured to himself as he reached into his jacket pockets and tugged out his fine calf-leather Brooks Brother's gloves. Not by me, though. I like my dick where it is.

Ren slipped on the gloves as he started back up the trail towards the dorms, flexing his still throbbing hand and barely sparing the other mutants a glance.

Jor didn't have time to tell Jamie 'likewise' before she'd stepped through and was gone. He glanced up at the living heater and nodded as if to say it was all over and headed back to the cafeteria. Hopefully no one had taken away his tray of food...

"Don't worry about it, Jamie," Sonja said over a shoulder, "I'm sure I wasn't the only one who wanted to get out of there." Unconcerned with her spontaneous guest, Sonja promptly began to strip.

Her cashmere, cable-knit sweater, slashed and ruined, was used to rub off some crusting blood then thrown into the garbage. The indigo and silvery-grey body suit she wore underneath, she took more care off. She stripped out of it, tossing her sliced bra after her sweater and standing in the room only in a pair of pink, boy-cut panties. Jamie could see a pink scar running up the Barbie-figured girl's side, but it was already beginning to fade to white.

"Guess I'm going have to send my Spandexium in for repairs - it wasn't really meant for resisting blades made from blood," Sonja said with a wry smile. "I might take a look at the catalog, see if they have anything tougher."

Sonja moved around, opening drawers and a wardrobe, looking for some replacement clothing, completely unconcerned with her state of dress. Despite her rather exaggerated figure, Sonja was obviously a very athletic girl - her legs were very muscular, her tiny waist was ridged with defined abs, and sinew danced beneath her broad shoulders and smooth back.

"I hope today didn't freak you out about LHA, it really isn't like this, Jamie," Sonja said, slipping on a magenta sports bra that must've been built by a structural engineer. "Well, almost never," she appended, pulling out a pair of tailored jeans. "But my little sister just enrolled - we don't really get along because she is an utter bitch - and the new girl, Morri? Lots of messed-up kids come here, Morri's just more messed-up than most."

Sonja walked into the bathroom, leaving the door open, wiping up the dry flecks of blood that still clung to her side. "It gets better though, Jamie, I swear. Not less weird, but better."

Jamie grinned crookedly, crossing her arms and leaning against the door frame. She wondered how many limbs a boy would give up to be where she was right now. As for herself, she could not help but look at Sonja's assets with a rather jaundiced eye. Super Barbie would make pretty much anybody jealous. "It kinda doesn't matter whether I'm freaked out," she said wryly. "It's either here, or an orphanage. At least stuff happens here to break up the monotony."

Then, quickly after (perhaps too quickly) she asked, "What's Spandexium?"

"Hmm? Sorry to hear that, Jamie, truly," Sonja said with muffled concern as she snuggled into an off-white, cashmere turtleneck. "I guess I'm lucky, I still get to go visit my folks for the holidays."

Picking up a leather jacket, Sonja nodded to the door. "Mind if we talk on the way to the cafeteria? I didn't get to finish lunch and healing always makes me hungry. Besides, my skates and hockey stick are there too."

Jamie agreed and Sonja turned to lock the door before heading back to the cafe. "Spandexium? Great stuff, made of funky carbon fibers or something. It's made by McGuffin Industries - they're a defense contractor, but dad knows a guy..."

~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~

After the doors closed, a tiny figure, three apples high, peeked around the waste basket, breathing a sigh of relief. He was dressed in a white toque and a baggy pair of cargo pants that may have been white at one point and a pair of pristine white COnverse All-Stars. Most notably, his entire skin was a vibrant blue.

Eric Schultz, the freshman already called Smurf, had been waiting at Sonja Bahaar's door. He wanted to thank her personally for interceding with a couple of bullies who were picking on the small mutant - only three feet tall at full size. She had smiled at him, asking him if he was okay, and he had instantly fallen in love - or at least what a thirteen year old boy thought was love.

But he had been waiting and waiting and still she didn't show, so he decided to take a peek in her room. He wasn't going to do anything, he just wanted to get to know her better. It was just his luck though, as soon as he closed the small hole he had made in the door, that rip in space had appeared. He barely had time to hide behind the waste basket before being seen. He was sure she wouldn't have like that.

He nearly peed himself when the sweater and the bra were thrown in the garbage, a bloody bra strap swing by his head. She was naked! He couldn't help himself, and risked a peek, getting a dazing flash of underboob, that looked positively enormous at his minuscule size. And then she was gone, with the other girl he hadn't even known was there.

But he had heard her mention her ruined outfit and now he knew just how the thank her. He scampered out from behind his refuge, flicking his fingers at the sweater and bra it contained. They sparkled with faint sequins of light, then floated across to room to rest next to the folded Spandexium outfit.

Smurf climbed up the comforter. Standing on the bed like a triumphant navigator of Everest, he eyed the cut garments. The fibers of the cloth were obvious to him at his reduced size and he thrust out his hands once more, fingers wiggling in arcane nonsense.

The sparkles appeared again, fibers of cotton and lace and modified carbon beginning to writhe like mating snakes. Soon, the garments were whole once more, as good as new, even cleaned of all dirt and blood. Each piece sported a tiny blue hand someone on it, not stitched on, but an integral part of the garment.

Nervously, cheeks burning red, he approached the piece of mysterious female underwear, looking all around like a spastic squirrel to make sure no one else was around. He had never seen a bra before, not for real, and never one that belonged to a girl so 'large'. He ran a tiny hand along the satiny material, then couldn't hold himself back any longer.

He curled up and lay down in one of the comparatively cavernous bra cups. He squeaked, then chuckled, then laughed. Holy Shit! Her boob is bigger than I am!

Suddenly, he heard a noise from outside, and froze, lusty amusement stuck in his throat. In a panic, he crawled out of the bra cup, then ran across the side table, swung on the door from the wardrobe, and caught the edge of a desk. Dashing across its length, sparkles appeared on the window, a small hole melting into view. Smurf diverolled through his manufactured escape hole like an expert commando, barely having time to wave his fingers, to close the hole, before he landed in the snow a floor below. At his small size, the fall didn't hurt and the snow helped even more.

When she sees what I did for her, she'll totally kiss me! Smurf thought, growing to his full height of three foot three and skipping away, a broad, silly smile on his face.

"La la lala la la..."

Jamie just shrugged. Think of Spandexium. Think of food. Talking about her parents still caused a painful lump materialize in her throat. So she followed Sonja back to the cafeteria quietly, glad the other girl was content to chatter away about Spandexium instead. "Really? Sounds dead useful. What all does it do?"

In the cafeteria sitting back in his original place Jor was just finishing up his plate of food. Most of the current bunch of students in the room hadn't been there when the fight had broken out and the room was much more crowded than it had been thirty minutes earlier.

On returning he had noticed Barbie's skates and stuff and although he hadn't really been introduced he felt it only right that he collect the stuff and return it to her after lunch. Not that he knew where her and Jamie's room was but he'd find someone that would know. For the moment they were piled on the table next to his tray as were Jamie and Barbie's trays. He'd left the wolfgirl's tray sitting right where it had been abandoned however.

He was just starting to eye the desert on Barbie's try when the two girls walked in, Barbie in a new outfit.

Sonja was regaling Jamie with the wonders of Spandexium when they walked in the cafeteria, feeling the heat raise with Hotstreak's telltale presence. At Daniel's wave and grin, she gave him a nod.

"As well as can be, Daniel, thanks for asking."

She was just starting to look around for her stuff when she noticed that new red-headed boy, silently trying to get her attention. Her skates and hockey stick, even her plate of food, were next time. She approached his table, a cautiously welcoming smile on her face.

"Hi, thanks for looking after my stuff," Sonja said, stretching long legs as she sat down across from Jor at his table. "My name's Sonja, don't think I caught yours before that little commotion a little while ago."

She pulled her skates and plate over to her side of the table, stabbing a piece of cold turkey with her fork as she waited for his response.

"Jor." He finished the bite in his mouth then said, "Nice to meet you. That was some fast thinking and reacting earlier. Probably saved Curtis' ass."

Looking at Sonja's partner, "Hey Jamie. Have a seat and finish your lunch. I was just eying your desert wondering if I should eat it when you guys walked back in, both your deserts actually." He pointed to Sonja's cherry pie, "That looks pretty tasty."

Jamie coloured slightly. "Uh, actually, I was pretty much done. Help yourself." She slid into the seat next to him. "Yeah, good thing Sonja's fast, huh? I don't know what Curtis did to set that girl off but she looked out for blood."

"I think I might have the answer." After perusing the internet in his room, Curtis had gotten rather thirsty and so had returned to the cafeteria for a pair of orange juice boxes. While sipping them, he'd noted the reassembled group, and moved over to the table they were at.

As they looked at him, he groaned and closed his eyes. "You remember what she said about Vyse Sonja? I think this Vyse likely abused her or something to that effect, and that line I had used probably gave her a flashback or connection to a bad memory. I don't think was thinking clearly at that moment. And I must thank you for saving my neck Sonja."

"Thanks guys. It was pretty obvious that Morri's not used to being around people. Didn't expect the blades, but I'm glad I could be in the right place that the right time. It was nothing, Curtis - just comp me for my next tutoring session, 'kay? I'll remember what you said about 'Vyse', but I still think you should make yourself scarce around her for a while." Sonja tried to take the compliments in stride, but privately, she was very pleased, and her smile widened.

"The pie is always tasty here, Jor," Sonja affirmed to the new kid in fine clothes. She took a demonstrative bite of the cherry pie, making slight moan at the taste. "Very sweet."

Sonja scrunched up her nose in annoyance at Curtis and Daniel, knowing exactly what they were thinking. She stuck her tongue out at them, then went back to eating her pie.

"Ignore them, Jor, I really doubt that..." Sonja trailed off as warm sunlight bathed the room. She twisted to look over her shoulder and her mouth dropped open, fork frozen on the path to her mouth.

The warmth wasn't noticeable on top of Daniel's heat, but the blond boy - the gorgeous blond boy - was surrounded in a coruscating aura of golden sunlight. He was tall and athletic and bronzed and... Oh, fuck! I can't get anywhere near him or I'll never hear the end of 'Barbie and Ken'.

Belatedly, she noticed Violet at his side, her hair tinted by the guy's sunny glow. Grateful for someone to take her attention away from the new arrival, Sonja finished her bite of pie, then shot Violet a grin. They were both sophomores and had been at LHA for near the same amount of time, and a friendship had developed among the gorgeous pair of girls.

She gave Violet a wave, cocked an eyebrow in Alex's direction, then made the universal sign for a phone, telling Violet they'd talk later. She turned back to her table, hunched and munching on her dessert with a dissatisfied twist to her mouth, her indigo eyes narrowed.

"One person mentions Barbie and Ken, they get a broken leg."

Daniel noticed Alexander's entrance and all and smiled. He looked back to Sonja with a look of mock hurt. "Oh come now Sonja, we're all friends, no one would dare make that comment here."

He nodded. Having two of the most attractive women present was an interesting situation. All that was really needed he felt was for Diana to call him, or to come into the room.

Jamie opened her mouth with no idea of what she was going to say, though she had vague plans for something mildly flirtatious aimed at Jor, when she caught sight of Alex. Her mouth stayed open.

Damn.

Jamie felt the vague stirrings of jealousy of the girl on his arm. Yeah, the girl was better-looking, in a ditzy, purple, botox-facelift sort of way, but -

Wait. Where had that come from?

She shook her head, looking down at her food, feeling her cheeks heat up. Yeah. It was probably better if she not look in that direction for the time being.

He was starving. Whatever racket Drumm had cooked up here it at least had an excellent selection of food, and was open all the time. With a scowl and a stride that declared that he'd move for no one Warren made his way to a table.

Not far, just a table away, from the action that had happened several moments earlier he found a spot that he decided to claim for his own. Several students were already enjoying their meals when he approached and set his palm upon the table. His hair was covering his eyes a bit and his entire appearance was menacing. Purple energy covered his hands and snaked out across the table causing everyone to pick up their trays and wonder what was going on.

"Leave." His special effects only added to his intimidating demeanor. "Now."

And like that they scattered like roaches when a light came on. Lower class men and even upper class men didn't seem to want any part of a guy who looked like he'd rather kill them than sit with them. As they fled he half-grinned with satisfaction.

He sat in the middle of the table, with plenty of room on both sides of him and started to pick through his meal, mixing this with that.

Curtis took the nod from Alex, flashed a congradulatory grin back with a gesture to Violet, then turned back to hear Sonja's fears of non-stop 'Barbie and Ken comments'.

He shook his head with an assurance that no such thing would come to happen. "I meant 'male Sonja' in terms of admirer-grabbing. I have no reason to believe you'd want a Ken, trust me."

Then, his eyes caught on the commotion a few tables down, and he scowled before turning away. Mr. Warren Covelli definitely deserved the nickname of Dominus Asshole.

Archived