Mutants & Masterminds: Mecha Mayhem - Chapter 3: Fateful Visits

Justin OOC

"I think I got my first voluntary, Sir.", Roxanne spoke up with a smirk in her face as she looked at Gordon.

"Two more should be sufficient to cover enough area and don't draw too much attention to us.", obviously she had planned herself to be part of the Recon-mission.

Risky speaks up. "I'm in." She looks at Conrad and smiles. "So is he."

Captain Ramius nods. "Alright. Get down to the hangar, get your fighters ready. Light missile loadouts, extra sensor gear and whatever stralth tech you can scrounge up fast. We'll be on the way shortly, but not at full pace. Report back what you find."

(OOC Sera I need 4 Technology rolls (Dc 30) You don't have alot of time here. Everyone else flying recon, I need a computers and a Technology roll to reconfigure your Valkyiries for this. DC is 32)

Conrad easily found a number of items. Or rather, given to him by lady engineers- not the Chief, mind you- with whom he'd had relations. Physically getting them set up was difficult, but not that long.

Then the interfacing work began. Details did not matter, but suffice to say, Conrad was screaming at the Valk, and had to be pulled away by the techies, who ended up doing the job for him.

Click to reveal..

Conrad is using Computers for both, GM permitted.

Total is: 1d20 + 14

(15:58:17) (Conrad): for Tech:

(15:58:46) ChatBot: (Conrad) rolls 1d20 and gets 18.

Success.

(15:55:56) (Conrad): Computers:

(15:56:01) ChatBot: (Conrad) rolls 1d20 and gets 4.

And so on and so forth. Let's assume the tech had to help him to get ready.

The hangar rang with the Chief Engineer's smokey voiced curses as she tried to integrate what stealth tech they had left onto the Valkyries. Unfortunately, she hadn't gotten around to modifying it for use with the newer model of Valkyrie, and some of it had been cannibalized for parts. Thus, she could only prep two mechs with the stealth tech.

"Sorry boys and girls, but I can only kit out two of the Valkyries. Roxy, Gordon, congratz," she told them with a small grin, which slid into an apologetic smirk as she looked at Risky and Conrad, her jumpsuit straining across her awesome bosom as she took a deep, tired breath. "Sorry Cabelleros, but you're gonna have to show the other two your flight skills during this Recon."

Click to reveal..
Guys take back any hero points you spent I'm going to lower the DC to 25 on these rolls. Sorry if this makes you need to edit your posts. I was operating under certain misconceptions about the characters. What you're doing isn't very difficult, but you do have to do it in a hurry which was the original reason for the high difficulty.

my apologies for going a bit overboard

Roxanne quickly went to the hangar and setup her Valkyrie as quickly as possible. Time was of the essence and she nervously configured her settings.

Click to reveal..
Computer roll vs. DC 25 (1d20+11=27) that’s a 27 - passed

Knowledge Technology vs. DC 25 (1d20+10=20) that’s a 20 – failed by 5

Originally Posted By: Seraphine Devereaux
"Sorry boys and girls, but I can only kit out two of the Valkyries. Roxy, Gordon, congratz," she told them with a small grin, which slid into an apologetic smirk as she looked at Risky and Conrad, her jumpsuit straining across her awesome bosom as she took a deep, tired breath. "Sorry Cabelleros, but you're gonna have to show the other two your flight skills during this Recon."

Roxanne smiled broadly and winked at the Cabelleros. “That’s your chance to shine, guys.”, she teased. Walking past her sister she quietly added to her “Thank you, Sis.”

Then she looked up at her Valkyrie, still in two minds about her setup – I hope I haven’t overlooked anything…

Gordan thanked Seraphine, then got to work. He easily set up the computer for the parameters of the stealth tech, but couldn't quite get the damn stuff to fit and connect probably.

Not having any luck he climbs out of the cramped compartment of the Valk and looks around the bay as he stretches out his aching back. Spotting a suitable petite techie he calls her over and offers her some of his share of the booze stash to finish the job for him.

Click to reveal..

(01:10:58) (Gordan): computers +13, Tech +12

(01:11:06) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 15.

(01:11:16) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 3.

(01:11:27) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 5.

(01:11:40) ChatBot: (Gordan) rolls 1d20 and gets 11.

(01:12:18) (Gordan): No problem with the Computers but no luck after 3 rolls on the Tech wink

The work wasn't up to par for normal, but it was a rush job. The Caballero's had imperfect stealth, they were still visible. Gordan and Roxanne had perfect stealth modules in place of their autocannons.

The quartet of fighters were load and launched. Cowboy stood and watched. "Try not to get killed you four. Your report determines how much of Japan gets laid waste."

(OOC I will end this here. 4 PP)

Archived