Aberrant: Mutant High - Ultimate Aberrant: OOC Thread

Dave ST

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When/If it happens I'll let you know. Things are picking back up slowly and posted sheets are really not a big enough concern that I feel I need to press the issue right away.

If you'd like to post your sheet, feel free. Whether or not I'll be making it mandatory hasn't yet been decided.

Yeah, if you could that's be great. Feel free to tell a story with every hit guys. Even if the blow doesn't do any damage being hit by a guy like Kazuo or trying dodge a razor wielding chick like Morri would certainly not be easy and possibly stagger even the largest brute.

Be creative with it.

I added damage rolls to my post. As per your House Rule I didn't include his mega-strength auto-sux, and I assumed only 1 net success per attack, so no extra damage dice were added either.

Let me know if you need anything else from me for that post! smile

Guys, Gals, and assorted 'others'...

When your PC makes a Dice Action (power use, skill use, etc.), which basically anything that is not related solely to RP, let me know with a spoiler box please.

List the successes, the action type, the power used... and whatever else you feel I need to know.

I've missed a few actions because the posters didn't gimme a spoiler box (which I use to refresh my memory when I post of what's going on where). I'd prefer not to shot change anyone while a story is going on, you're all equally a part of the scene, the action, and the story itself. I'm not a mind reader though.

In the future, you use a power, or perform a Dice Action and don't give me a spoiler to work with so I know how the scene could be affected or the NPCs involved may react, then the action is forfeit. If you don't tell me that the fireball you hurled had X successes to it and a potential damage of X... then the Fireball didn't have the effect you planned, it failed... went kaput... fizzled out... or whatever else is appropriate fr the scene.

Any questions, ask.

Hey Morri, a couple of things about your last action:

1) You're still "Knocked Down", which means that you have to get back up. However, you can make an Athletics roll to get back up "instantly" (this is different than the Strength roll that we all made to not be knocked over by the Shockwave attack). If successful, then you're back up and in the game, but with your Initiative reduced by -2. If you're not successful, it takes an Action to get up again (meaning it's part of your Multiple Actions for a turn, if you're planning on doing anything else).

2)I'm not following your list of actions at all, so it's possible I've just misunderstood something here. Assuming I haven't however, there is no such thing as an "MT action" (which I'm assuming means a "Multitasking Action). When you activate the Multitasking enhancement it simply cuts in half all of the penalties you would normally receive for taking multiple actions. So in your list of actions below, you seem to be taking 1 Quickness action and three regular actions. Normally the 3 regular actions would have a -3, -4, -5 penalty, which would be reduced to -1, -2, -2 (not 0, -1, -2). However, if you're also taking an action to get up again, this should be -4, -5, -6, -7, reduced to -2, -2, -3, -3, and finally 1 Quickness Action taken with your full dice pool. Note that all Multiple Actions from your regular (non-Quickness) actions take place before any actions taken by Quickness. This is because:

3) Quickness actions each suffer a cumulative -2 penalty on Initiative, meaning that any Quickness action effectively takes place last, no matter how many ways you split your normal action.

Click to reveal..
Wits roll for Multitasking (mega last): 1 sux

3 extra actions, 4 attacks, 1 normal action, 1 Quickness action, 2 MT actions (-1 and -2). No dodge. She’s trying for broke.

Attack #1 (with AP Claws): 5 sux

9, 5, 10, 10, 7, 5, 7

Damage: 3 sux, Lethal

10, 5, 10, 5, 8, 6

Attack #2 (with AP Claws):

3, 10, 2, 6, 2, 8, 2

Damage: 4 sux, Lethal

7, 9, 6, 3, 9, 10

Attack #3 (with AP Claws): 4 sux

8, 7, 10, 8, 4, 9

Damage: 3 sux, Lethal

7, 3, 2, 3, 8, 8

Attack #4 (with AP Claws): 2 sux

9, 3, 5, 10, 3

Damage: 2 sux, Lethal

3, 2, 7, 2, 6, 7

9/9 Health Levels left, having regenerated 2

Originally Posted By: Kazuo
Hey Morri, a couple of things about your last action...

Thanks for noting all this. I apparently took a stupid pill last night before posting. I don't have time to change it atm, but will tonight.

Dave, sorry about that. It'll be fixed.

Awesome.

Thanks Kazuo for looking into that and keeping Morri in line. I would have gone with pepper spray and a taser, but your post seemed to work too.

In all seriousness the narratives for the combat between the PCs and villains has been going well enough that I wasn't too broken up over it, the math confused me bit but I honestly figured Kazuo would jump right on it or I'd just kinda tip toe around it and just shoot Morri a PM about it. But thanks for lookin out for each other, it saves me a whole lotta time. smile

As you noticed Cirque has joined the good times. Gimme a little bit to add a post, my work sched isn't too messed up but I've been doing it on little sleep which has left me a bit tired. I'll try and get a post up tonight since I get to sleep in tomorrow.

Just a FYI, I'm waiting until the mother replies to V before I have Josh say anything. OOC I know that her power use was a failure, but IC Josh doesn't even know that she used a power, much less that it failed. Regardless, V's words might actually work, maybe, and Josh could just screw it up if they did.

So waiting on Dave before I post.

Towards the end of this video I pictured Curtis pulling something like this eventually with a couple of Dreadnoughts...

Oh, and it's a good song too, if you like B.E.P. smile

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Dave, quick question about the combat. You resolved Ox's actions, as well as Kazuo's, but not Nereid's. Did Sumnyr's actions interrupt Morri's but not Kazuo's?

I ask only because I was planning on assessing what Morri would see as tactically superior. Sorry I didn't ask before, but I missed it until I went to look specifically for it.

Hmm, actually that was my error, I completely forgot to insert the resolution with Nereid. The Post-It on the monitor says to do it, but the brain apparently said 'Squirrel!' and went somewhere else.

I'll add a resolution to that post (above Kazuo's resolution) when I get home today. Sorry about that.

I generally try and post the resolution to any previous actions before moving on to whomever actual turn it is on the roster. Kazuo went on 20, so I resolved his action against Ox prior to moving to performing Sumnyr's.

Currently the roster is at 14. So Morrigan and Revenant are up.

UA is updated guys n' gals. Thank you for your patience, especially Morri who's been stuck in place for over a week now waiting on me.

Your patience is appreciated guys, seriously. You've all been great.

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
UA is updated guys n' gals. Thank you for your patience, especially Morri who's been stuck in place for over a week now waiting on me.

Your patience is appreciated guys, seriously. You've all been great.

Thanks for the update. I'll post tonight after work and raking. smile

• 3 weeks later...

I have time this weekend, but yes work has been kickin mah bootay. We're in the home improvement season and we're pulling 12-13 hour shifts with little sleep. The Check's nice, but I've very little posting time.

Thankfully our sales are steadily declining and returning to 'normal' so I'll be on a regular schedule again soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Cirque
Dave, do the authorities in this world have ways of dealing with criminal mutants, as far as keeping them contained/jailed? Or are they totally in over their heads?

Local police pretty much just have conventional means of dealing with a mutant threat (sidearms, S.W.A.T., etc...). The military has superior firepower, but nothing particularly 'anti-mutant' in their arsenal unless you get into the covert branches like A.E.G.I.S. who possess tech about ten generations ahead of their time and don't like sharing it with anyone.

• 1 month later...

Archived