Aberrant: Mutant High - Ultimate Aberrant: OOC Thread

Dave ST

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to see you go Weez. Keep in mind that UA is open world and all players are welcome so of you change your mind just let me know.

If you'd like to start anew with a fresh PC that can be arranged as well, but since the limit on PCs right now is one per player you'd need to retire Ren.

Either way, hope to have you back sometime.

Hey V. Vincent, can you respond in Inside Tip please? I don't normally like bugging other players for posts, but it's been a little more than three weeks now, and while I realize that real life can come at you sideways from time to time and make posting difficult, three weeks is a whole lotta life, ya know?

Anyway, let me know. If you still can't post for whatever reason, then you still can't post: I can wait; just give me an update.

Thanks! smile

I think I'm going to follow Oneca's lead. I was really waiting for the story elements of this game, and I don't have a lot of interest in simply doing non-stop fictions.

I'll finish up the fictions that I'm in, but then Josh will fade to the background. I might pop in here or there, but Josh'll be pretty inactive until Dave comes back or someone else picks up the reins.

Regarding Trouble in Times Square: Without Rev, and with Ren having bowed out already, there's just Morri, Kazuo, and Frank that would be active there.

I suppose we could NPC Warren, unless there's reason to believe that Rev would object (tbh, I was unaware that he was 'away' - I thought there was just a lull in his activity).

If you guys (Dawn and Ouchfest) want to talk about the thread and see if there's something cool and interesting we'd like to do with it, then sure, I'm game. I'm also fine with letting it lie, if no one has any specific ideas for the plot (which I admit I don't at the moment).

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Does anyone know what the Offer was going to be?

Drumm was sending those students to go convince Michael to join the school. 'Convince' is pretty much 'ask politely' since the government has discovered Michaels abilities as well. Michael has only two options, join the school or get caught.

The PCs will arrive and talk with Mike, try and convince him. The agents will arrive shorty there after and there may or may not be a conflict. Either way if the PCs win and Michael still doesn't want to join the school Drumm will not force him to (nor will he pay him, offer him special treatment, favors, etc... Michael is about as important and special as every other mutant in the world).

Rejecting the invitation results in Agents eventually abducting Mike and him becoming an A.E.G.I.S. experiment within three months of 'Offer'. Michael can not escape this fate. (Nothing like being railroaded huh?)

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
Rejecting the invitation results in Agents eventually abducting Mike and him becoming an A.E.G.I.S. experiment within three months of 'Offer'. Michael can not escape this fate.
Ya, that's basically what I was expecting. Mike has been getting more and more careless as time has gone on. Getting caught was more a question "when" and "how" rather than "whether".

So how do we continue?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I totally want to play in this world but alas, I see our mod is on a leave of absence. WOuld it be possible for someone to step in as a temporary mod until Dave is able to rejoin us?

It's open world. If you submit a character and want to start writing fics with people you can do that. That's the point of collaborative writing... you know, writing your own stories and with your peers to having a good time.

There are two open plot fics that will be handled soon. There is nothing to say that characters could not be writing and telling their own stories up to the point where the plot threads took off.

If you want in, submit a PC.

On a different note, I'm considering character sheets being posted. Mostly because I don't want to sift through my PM box and look for your PC every time something needs to be checked. Call me lazy.

The issue with with the sheets was apparently there is an issue of meta-gaming that concerned people. I'm aware of the issue, and despite that am proposing it none the less.

I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
It's open world. If you submit a character and want to start writing fics with people you can do that. That's the point of collaborative writing... you know, writing your own stories and with your peers to having a good time.

There are two open plot fics that will be handled soon. There is nothing to say that characters could not be writing and telling their own stories up to the point where the plot threads took off.

If you want in, submit a PC.

Cool Dave. For some reason I had the impression that you wouldn't be logging in for a while so I didn't think I'd be able to submit a character.

I'll have a character submtted in the next day or so smile

I'm fine with public, full-sheet exposure. I have nothing to hide.

Oh, and I have a question. Since I haven't seen it spoken about anywhere, how's advancement going to work? Do we each get a set amount of xp/np each month or so, or are you going to do something different (grading fics, meting out rewards, etc.)?

Don't want to sound greedy, just curious.

Advancement hasn't started yet. When it does, we'll all discuss how quickly we want this to go.

I'm hoping that by Friday I'll be around enough to continue posting and moving this forward for all those involved. Thank you for your patience and I apologize that this delay came in the middle of a plot specific moment.

Quote:
[x] Curtis Shane: Dave: Am I to presume we wait in DoD?

You tell me, you're running that one now, remember?

They could have staggered the thing and have an impressive chase over the rooftops of the city in a desperate attempt to flee the thing.

There could have been a heroic moment where the the PCs save a small crowd watching the action as the thing falls over or from the sky.

One of the PCs could have sacrificed one (or more) health levels to protect someone (or another PC) as the metal creature self destructed in the city streets by using themselves as a shield from the blast.

But Curtis Overloaded it and destroyed it in one power use, so none of those options seem plausible, now. It looks to me like you completed the fiction 5 posts after the Dreadnought was destroyed. If that's the case, then yes, as far as plot goes you guys need to wait until the other plot threads are completed before posting anything that relates to the events in DoD.

Let me point out that I was just trying to be a caretaker while you were sorting out life issues. And the only reason I suggested it as complete, was that the aftermath at the school would involve Drumm, whom I don't know well enough to RP.

The aftermath at the school can still be part of DoD, I just wasn't sure if I could run it myself.

Second, as I recall, you gave me no information. Zip. Zero. Seeing as I had nothing to go on and yet had agreed to take over... It wasn't a good situation to be in.

Hope you understand.

Originally Posted By: Curtis Shane
Let me point out that I was just trying to be a caretaker while you were sorting out life issues.

And that's appreciated, it is, really. I'm glad to see someone stepped up to the plate.

Quote:
And the only reason I suggested it as complete, was that the aftermath at the school would involve Drumm, whom I don't know well enough to RP.

The aftermath at the school can still be part of DoD, I just wasn't sure if I could run it myself.

And that's fine as well, but why did you not suggest that instead of saying 'so I presume we wait'? If you have a concept, share it, from my point of view it looked like you (the guy running the fic) ended it. I'm not about to undermine you, the guy who's now running the fic, just because I'm back.

Quote:
Second, as I recall, you gave me no information. Zip. Zero. Seeing as I had nothing to go on and yet had agreed to take over... It wasn't a good situation to be in.

Did you ask? Think for a moment, had you requested the info I would have sent it, but you're always in a hurry. 4 hours after you asked to take it over, you posted the defeat of the Dreadnought, and that's fine, at that point it was your baby. I was at work until 9:30 that night so I would not have been able to get you the info until later that night. When I got home, you had posted the defeat.

Had you asked, I would have sent you the info you needed. You didn't.

Quote:

Did you ask? Think for a moment, had you requested the info I would have sent it, but you're always in a hurry. 4 hours after you asked to take it over, you posted the defeat of the Dreadnought, and that's fine, at that point it was your baby. I was at work until 9:30 that night so I would not have been able to get you the info until later that night. When I got home, you had posted the defeat.

Had you asked, I would have sent you the info you needed. You didn't.

Umm... I believe that was the thing I asked RIGHT AFTER GETTING APPROVAL TO TAKE OVER. And you said something to the effect of "Doesn't matter, just do whatever you decide." So really, when I asked, you didn't give me anything and now you say I didn't ask?

Edit: I may be coming off a little offensive, but I am a little annoyed. Just fyi.

Archived