Aberrant: Mutant High - Ultimate Aberrant: OOC Thread

Dave ST

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright. The following characters are approved and ready to go.

Procyon

Curtis

Kazuo

Oneca

Hotstreak

The Morrigan

V. Vincent

Aradia

Don't worry about profiles at the moment. You can do fictions if you like.

Starting time - Second semester, winter in upstate New York. The school is named "The Lawrence Hunt Academy"

It offers grades right up to college levels and students are of all ages. You live on campus. The school Directors name is Jericho Drumm. He's really cool (like Tony Stark, Robert Downey style) and fair, but has been known to drop the hammer.

I'm working on stuff, but with the submissions it's been hard to get content taken care of. smile If you have ideas to contribute, feel free. Things will be 'fleshed out' as we go.

Although I haven't completed the write up for the adjusted eufiber background yet I can tell ya that 1) not even in the core book did eufiber give ya Weave for free, and 2) Weave isn't an ability we'll be using, so if you have points in it, put em somewhere else.

Only specific suits will have the ability to pull the weavy tendril thing.

Ladies and gentleman I've recieved a few compalints from other players about some of the particularly high attribute ratings and what-not that have been seen in a few of the sigs.

For this reason I'll be reviewing the character sheets over the course of the next few nights and getting back with you (if necessary).

I've resolved a few of the issues, but still some feel that it' s not enough so for the sake of keeping everyone happy I ask you bear with me as I review things again.

It's 2010.

It's January.

Aside from that continuity doesn't really flow in this place he same way it does in other games. This is more comic bookish and there fore real dates really are never an issue. If it gets to be than we'll deal with it.

I'm cool with it however you guys would like to do it. The point is really I don't people more wrapped up in continuity that writing stories about their characters.

PCs can stay in high school as long as we'd like them to, with the jump to the next being something everyone agrees on.

Hello everybody - I'm in the process of making a reboot of Velocity for UA. Just wanted to chime in and wave.

Looks like a nice place here smile

The Profile in my sig is for the BESM game. It will have to be adjusted somewhat to fit into UA. I'll make a new link for UA once I'm approved an posted.

Deleting Posts - Posts are not to be deleted by anyone but myself, or another individual acting in a moderator capacity (if we ever get more mods). From here on out, if a post is deleted by a player without first speaking with me then that player will removed from the fiction in question and not be permitted to return.

If this happens more than once the player may be removed from UA.

Editing Posts - Editing posts is sometimes necessary, excessive edits to accommodate for OOC info after the player has been made aware of possible outcomes is not permitted however.

I understand that wires get crossed and it is sometimes necessary to edit a post (especially in really face paced threads). Mistakes happen, but one thing I do not want to see is player not agreeing on something and then someone getting pissed off a deleting stuff.

You, as players, are accountable for what your characters do, and removing material after it's been posted is no different snatching up the dice after it's fallen on a number you don't want and waiting just ignoring it to roll again.

We're adults here people, at least I think we are, I expect people to act like it... most of the time.

My apologise Dave, the post was deleted because it was wholly based upon my inaccurate understanding of the physical location and surroundings of the boathouse. Once I understood those then none of the post made much sense - it wouldn't have been said. I was, and am, perfectly happy for the character to have faced the consequences of what was said if it had been accurate.

Is there a thread where the layout of the school and grounds is mentioned to help me avoid such problems in the future (I haven't had time to read most of the fics yet)?

Alrighty, from what I've heard people are wanting to start some 'plot' stuff to get this fiasco rolling. I'm cool with that. However, before we kick this off I need people to understand a few things.

1. I'm a mod, not an ST for UA. This is an Open World forum where people can write their own antics and adventures either alone or with other players. Now, I realize that we're confined to the school for the most part at the moment and that does handicap a lot of your creativity. After the plot opens up a bit you'll have more options available to you, rest assured.

2. There are about 15 players in UA. I'm one guy. Running a plot thread that kicks this off will not be easy if I have to run it for 15 people. So, my plan is to probably break it down into smaller groups and have their event's happen separately from the others. This is for my sanity and yours. I'll try to make 'teams' in accordance with everyone's skills and powers so that (hopefully) you'll compliment each other.

3. I don't mind running plot stuff, like Sarah's tests in WoD:A, it's fun for me to run scenerios. Again though, keep in mind that I'm one guy and sometimes I have 10 people all wanting me to run something for them. Ask yourself: "Do I really need ST intervention this?". I'm not going to flip out if you have a talk with Director Drumm, he's there to be used. You're adults, I trust you (for the most part...). You guys should all know by now that the quickest way to see me wig out is when characters do something completely ignorant, like Drumm deciding to give your PC a new car for getting an 'A' in Home Ec.

4. Remind me! I'm human guys, I have real life going on around me just like all of you. If we're doing something and I forget (and chances are I will) it's nothing personal, just remind me and I'll work on getting it done for you. Ask Sarah, she's had to prod me for days before I got around to stuff. If you remind me and nothing happens, remind me again. smile

5. STs are welcome! Being open world, keep in mind if you wanna run a thread with a few other players going on an adventure to be heroes you're welcome to. Maybe Morri and a few others go off in search of her real family, maybe Oneca is kidnapped and Sonja dashes off to rescue her with a handful of firepower at her back... it is allowed, so remember to have fun. PCs can't die and NPCs seem to survive anything so don't be afraid to turn up the comic cheese. smile

All that said, I need a list of players who are ready to move forward and get onto their path of being a super charged mutant super hero and produce oodles of cheese filled drama and action for our entertainment. smile

Oh, and the thread that Revenant is in, I might need someone to run that one. Depends on which way we go with it.

Just holla below.

The List:

Revenant

Hard Drive

Procyon

Kazoo

Ren

Josh

Morri

Oneca

Sonja

Shard

V. Vincent

Hotstreak

Jor

Originally Posted By: Dave ST

All that said, I need a list of players who are ready to move forward and get onto their path of being a super charged mutant super hero and produce oodles of cheese filled drama and action for our entertainment. smile

Oh, and the thread that Revenant is in, I might need someone to run that one. Depends on which way we go with it.

Just holla below.

The List:
Revenant

I love cheese. Add Curtis in.

Archived