Aberrant: Mutant High - Ultimate Aberrant: OOC Thread

Dave ST

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, since the first three plot fics all happened within a few days of one another, what we need is simply for people to sound off what happened when in relation to everything else. This is one of the reasons I hate time lines... they're a bitch to organize.

This is where I'm at on the timeline so far. Need more input, please. :) Everything below the line is unsorted. A ** indicates an ST thread until I can get them all titled the same way.

What Could Go Wrong?!- Started by Alexander Andrews, 06 Feb 2012

**[sT-Dave] Day of the Dreadnoughts (Redeux)- Started by Dave ST, 15 Feb 2012

**[sT-Dave] Dante's Inferno- Started by Dave ST, 15 Feb 2012

**The Lion, The Wench and the Warzone- Started by Dave ST, 15 Feb 2012

**"Relax, We're The Good Guys"- Started by Dave ST, 15 Feb 2012

[Fic] Midnight PIE!- Started by The Morrigan, 26 Sep 2012 (Follows Relax, We're The Good Guys)

[Fic] Learning Curve- Started by Sakurako Hino, 11 Nov 2012 (Follows Dante's Inferno)
Retaliatory Gift- Started by Sonja Bahaar, 01 Feb 2013 (Follows Learning Curve)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cryogenic Biology- Started by Glacia, 30 Jan 2013

Marco's First Day- Started by Marco Moreno, 22 Jan 2013

Jolting Developments- Started by Curtis Shane, 15 Jan 2013

Spark, Sizzle, Chill.- Started by Hotstreak, 16 Jan 2013

Picnic Study Session [Mature]- Started by Hotstreak, 05 Oct 2012

Moving-in Day- Started by Locomotive, 05 Sep 2012

[Fic] Bribing the Evil Glowing One!- Started by The Morrigan, 14 Sep 2012

Hey guys. I know I've kinda stalled on MFD but I haven't forgotten about it or disappeared, I promise. Unfortunately I kinda have to write what happens from Morri's perspective and doing a whole 'telepathic scene from the point of view of a character that isn't mine' thing is more difficult than I thought. I want to make sure that I do justice to Morri and Carver and portray her as respectfully as possible. On the flip side, Carver gets to post what Marco sees so hopefully it's fair trade :)

Also, trying to be all symbolic and shit is a pain in the ass!

Mostly that is what I'm trying to do; just describe what she sees/feels/experiences and leave how she interprets it to you. I am making the assumption that since she wants to make sure Marco isn't a danger to her (or the school) she will have no problem wandering around his mind now that she has the opportunity.

Hello everyone. I have a character who has now been approved by Dave for participation. The next, and really first question to ask is: Who, if anyone, is willing to write with me. So far SalmonMax has said he would engage with me for some play. Is anyone else willing to play and write with SkyLion? I am to be playing Mobius...you can check him out and let me know what you all think.

Well I wanted to establish a baseline of interest at least at first because so many people have come out and said flat out that they plan to shun me wherever I go, and as I said in the A&A thread...I play RPGs as a social experience and was beginning to feel like I might be utterly alone...which frankly would make the exercise and effort of playing pointless and frustrating for me (I have no doubt that certain parties would like nothing better than for me to tuck tail and disappear).

However, with you, and Sonja (and perhaps Jordan) being game and with Dave as a nominal ST (at least when he gets back), I think that gives me enough of an interaction base to get started...especially when Mobius is a shy character to begin with. I had been looking forward to interacting with Sakurako, but it seems I am not trusted enough yet. Long road indeed.

To everyone willing to be open minded and give me a chance and help me to improve my collaborative writing-ness, I do thank you, and look forward to being a valuable contributor.

Now if I could only find a few friends in A&A...

Well I wanted to establish a baseline of interest at least at first because so many people have come out and said flat out that they plan to shun me wherever I go, and as I said in the A&A thread...I play RPGs as a social experience and was beginning to feel like I might be utterly alone...which frankly would make the exercise and effort of playing pointless and frustrating for me (I have no doubt that certain parties would like nothing better than for me to tuck tail and disappear).

However, with you, and Sonja (and perhaps Jordan) being game and with Dave as a nominal ST (at least when he gets back), I think that gives me enough of an interaction base to get started...especially when Mobius is a shy character to begin with. I had been looking forward to interacting with Sakurako, but it seems I am not trusted enough yet. Long road indeed.

To everyone willing to be open minded and give me a chance and help me to improve my collaborative writing-ness, I do thank you, and look forward to being a valuable contributor.

Now if I could only find a few friends in A&A...

You should disappear. The fact is that last night in chat proved you have not changed a wink. What you really mean by playing RPGs as a social experience is, I'm guessing, that it's not as satisfying to be the center of things when there's no one else around... If you really cared about it as a social experience, you wouldn't be so quick to ignore when others say no, ignore their issues they raise, and act obstinate.

Trust is something that has to be earned - especially with your track record, and you have done nothing but repeated past experiences. Just save us the frustration and vamooze.

I will remind you what Chosen said when he came into chat after Mala was bullying me in a thread. And I quote: "STOP BEING ASSHOLES TO EACH OTHER."

translated: If you truly have nothing nice to say...then say nothing at all. Ignore me. Don't talk to me. I won't talk to you. Don't stir up shit, or drama, or anything.

My question is for (and ONLY for) those who want to interact and be friendly and helpful.

Anything else is just trolling plain and simple.

Note: What this means Curtis Shane (and I will have to look up and see who else you are), is that I will no longer acknowledge or speak to you after this post, and I ask kindly that you do the same for me.

Any bullying or trolling will be reported to Chosen because I refuse to engage in anyone else's hatred here. I should not have to constantly defend myself to anyone, so I am not even going to try. That is what the board moderator(s) are for.

,, ,,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbullying

I...

I'm willing to give Sky the benefit of the doubt once in a RP situation. Particularly in this particular setting.

Yes, I know you are a stat crunching simulation type of guy, Sky. I get that. But I think if I show you how we do things, Sky, you will get on the right page with us and these conflicts will reduce.

You willing to take a chance, Sky? Because I am willing.

That sounds great! I do like my stat crunching, but that is mostly for character generation. In game Im happy to try things your way. :)

So...since I get this one time benefit of the doubt RP...I'd like to ask for some simple do's and don'ts. Are there any major things that would piss people off, even inadvertently?

On the flip side, what is it that you would like to see from me? What can I bring to the table to make my presence an actually enjoyable one, as opposed to merely tolerated?

Well, for now, I think it's best if you play off of us. I think that is a good start.

Just loosen up.

Once you get the thread started I can have you run into Saku in front of the campus. She got annoyed by some of the gunk of the winter mucking things up so she's cleaning.

She's like that.

Excellent. Saku, Sonja, and Kia, makes for a decent starting crew.

Good question though...I am imagining the Academy like the X-masion out in upstate NY/Westchester. Accurate?

Is it spring time? I wanted to make a comment about the trees in my post. I might not get to it today but hopefully by tomorrow.

I will remind you what Chosen said when he came into chat after Mala was bullying me in a thread. And I quote: "STOP BEING ASSHOLES TO EACH OTHER."

translated: If you truly have nothing nice to say...then say nothing at all. Ignore me. Don't talk to me. I won't talk to you. Don't stir up shit, or drama, or anything.

My question is for (and ONLY for) those who want to interact and be friendly and helpful.

Anything else is just trolling plain and simple.

Note: What this means Curtis Shane (and I will have to look up and see who else you are), is that I will no longer acknowledge or speak to you after this post, and I ask kindly that you do the same for me.

Any bullying or trolling will be reported to Chosen because I refuse to engage in anyone else's hatred here. I should not have to constantly defend myself to anyone, so I am not even going to try. That is what the board moderator(s) are for.

,, ,,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbullying

So pointing out that you haven't changed - and that I (and anyone else who agrees) has an issue with the fact that someone with a track record of game-wrecking self interest has decided to come into our games counts as bullying? If that's what you call bullying, good luck if someone really did that.

But in the interest of not causing a conflagration, fine. You can go your way, I can go mine. Just keep in mind how generous people are probably being by extending you these chances still.

I'm only willing to be in a thread to allow some start of getting Mobius in.

To be honest after that, I'll have to see what happens. If I find my participation a positive experience, I will continue, if not... well... I can choose to leave.

Those are the stakes. No hair off my head.

Also, Sky, I would advise you that tossing "cyberbullying" around on the kerfluffle going on with this only escalates things. If things that border on the legality of actions or opinion here are used to constrict freedom of speech with verifiable fact, then I will pull interest in being in a thread.

I won't tolerate heavy-handedness in terms of making sure conversation stays civil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So! The first draft of the Official Mutant High Timeline is posted and pinned for your perusal. Please keep any comments and suggestions in this thread, not that one! :) Once everything is sorted based on your input, I'll link them all up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that I'm trying to get caught up. I heard things were moving pretty fast here, so I've read the main plot thread, and will try to slip in when I can, if that's okay. I know it's a stretch to imagine that Aradia would go that long without having anything to say.. (after all, she's one of my characters, LOL!). But I'll try to figure it out. Sorry for having been gone so long.

• 3 weeks later...

*Hits the brakes*

Okay... seems I gotta make a refit for my uniform choice. So... here is what I'm rolling with.

The 20 XP That was going to the Duralumin. All my nopes. Instead it's Carbon Fiber for the discerning mutant this year.

So... With 6 XP That is Two dots Anti-Scan Weave (+2 dice to evade of fool mutant scanning devices), 12 XP for 3 dots of Armor (+3L / +3B armor bonus) and 2 XP for one dot of Unassuming (One outfit. +1 die to evading equipment sensors that detect armor and weapons)

And Now we deal with the 7 dots... That means I will go +2 Antiscan, +1 Armor, and +3 Unassuming. One dot goes poof as I cap out.

For a final Carbon Fiber of 4 Anti-Scan, 4 Armor, and 4 Unassuming.

My character sheet will be updated/adjusted accordingly.

I totally screwed that up... I forgot you buy each dot as if you're buying the totality of dots. I can get with 20 XP a maximum of 4 dots of the CArbon Fiber Armor, and the 7 additional dots. So, I have 11 dots to distribute... So

XP Dots...

2 Anti-Scan

2 Armor

The 7 Dots

+2 Anti-Scan

+2 Armor

+3 Unassuming

Finale

4 Antiscan

4 Armor

3 Unassuming

Yeah, well this is over stuff I've heard second hand and missing things as I was looking through PMs trying to figure out what you were gettign at in chat and not looking at what you were saying in chat.

Perhaps next time before going in blasting, just PM me saying "hey, stop posting for a bit and let Dave post. You're screwing him up."

But what's done is done.

So... Yeah. It's over with. Tah.

Yes, I know I said I'm out. But I talked with Rev, and he left a door open. One that initially I did not take. I know, it's mostly pride that told me not to. But I think now I can seriously take it.

But I want a few caveats placed on my continued participaton.

1: I do not return to posting in Proposal unless told to by Dave to make a post. Directly.

2: I return to active posting in the next plot thread, or in player driven threads, but I cannot post until everyone has posted after my first post, or if I am directly spoken to in character. Barring initiative orders for combat, or in one on one conversations, of course.

3: If there is an issue with a post of mine, I am to take it as a question as to what I am doing, not as a criticism veiled as a question.

4: I give everyone a fair shake in their dealings with me OOC, accepting that it is for the better not only for myself, but the group.

5: I accept the fact that I have OOC rivalry with a player here, that in terms of Mutant High I bury that hatchet.

If I followed these caveats, and accept that in OOC this is what I have to follow, would my return be acceptible?

Given that you were 'gone' less than a day, I don't see any problem.

Now, if you'd posted something IC about leaving, that might mean you'd have to wait for a good entry point. As it is, within the game nothing ever happened. So it's all good.

Archived